Amazon Last Mile Warehouse (72nd and State St)

West Omaha, Sarpy and Nebraska metro counties.
omaharichard
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 12:44 pm

Amazon Last Mile Warehouse (72nd and State St)

Post by omaharichard »

Anybody know what is going in at 72nd and State? I drive by it twice a day and still can't tell what it is going to be.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036601
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Amazon Last Mile Warehouse (72nd and State St)

Post by Brad »

omaharichard wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:32 pm Anybody know what is going in at 72nd and State? I drive by it twice a day and still can't tell what it is going to be.
Its an Amazon Last Mile Warehouse:

https://planning.cityofomaha.org/images ... ber/27.pdf
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7333
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: New building on 72nd and State

Post by Busguy2010 »

Check that out. I too was wondering what the heck was going on there, but could find no info on it, and didn't want to start a thread on it. Just figured I'd wait and see since it seems to be moving along fairly quickly. I did figure it was a distribution center of some sort.
omaharichard
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 12:44 pm

Re: New building on 72nd and State

Post by omaharichard »

Awesome. I hope this means they will make a 2nd lane for Southbound 72nd when coming off of the interstate. Currently people just drive onto the shoulder to turn right when there is cars backed up waiting to turn left.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7333
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Amazon Last Mile Warehouse (72nd and State St)

Post by Busguy2010 »

In the very beginning, they had a whole shitload of giant culvert type pipe on site. I wonder what the purpose of that was.


Also, the retaining wall along 72nd street is frickin massive.
User avatar
Uffda
County Board
Posts: 4622
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:52 am
Location: Land o Lakes, FL

Re: Amazon Last Mile Warehouse (72nd and State St)

Post by Uffda »

I Harte to be the people with the house just to the west of this. They are going to get a lot more traffic noise. Also is there a planned traffic light for 72nd and State?

A side note , I think this should be in Suburban as wasn’t 72nd considered the ‘dividing line’. :D
We are the people our parents warned us about.

Jimmy Buffett
ArchStanton
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:55 am
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Amazon Last Mile Warehouse (72nd and State St)

Post by ArchStanton »

The facility on 72nd and State still sits empty. I was told by someone that part of the delay is they have been unable to obtain enough forklifts for all of their warehouses.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110978
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Amazon Last Mile Warehouse (72nd and State St)

Post by nebugeater »

ArchStanton wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:31 am The facility on 72nd and State still sits empty. I was told by someone that part of the delay is they have been unable to obtain enough forklifts for all of their warehouses.
Maybe they should just order them from Amazon.

Available by Feb 7!

https://www.amazon.com/LIFTERPRO-Four-W ... 149&sr=8-1
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
ClayStreetScouser
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:43 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Amazon Last Mile Warehouse (72nd and State St)

Post by ClayStreetScouser »

Almost two years since the last post on this warehouse. Relatively new to the board but drive by this on the regular, any new news?
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036601
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Amazon Last Mile Warehouse (72nd and State St)

Post by Brad »

ClayStreetScouser wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2024 10:24 pm Almost two years since the last post on this warehouse. Relatively new to the board but drive by this on the regular, any new news?
Someone called in to Grow Omaha a few weeks ago asking this same questions. Nothing new that any of us knew, but we had a couple theories.

1. They over built during covid.
2. They built extra for future growth]
3. They are getting ready for same day service

Since that show, Amazon have announced same day service on some items. If I remember right, they were going to use the underutilized Council Bluffs facility for some of that?
User avatar
ClayStreetScouser
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:43 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Amazon Last Mile Warehouse (72nd and State St)

Post by ClayStreetScouser »

I'm not sure of the answer myself but appreciate the clue in to theories.
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 9001
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:46 pm

Re: Amazon Last Mile Warehouse (72nd and State St)

Post by Greg S »

User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7333
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Amazon Last Mile Warehouse (72nd and State St)

Post by Busguy2010 »

Meant to ask about it something like a week ago. I heard about it somewhere, didn't know how true it was. Id guess it probably opened last Monday, maybe? But its about time theyre finally using it. Crazy how its been complete for years, keeping the lights on, yet no use other than that for that long.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036601
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Amazon Last Mile Warehouse (72nd and State St)

Post by Brad »

Greg S wrote: Wed Oct 08, 2025 8:04 pm Looks like it's open:

https://omaha.com/news/local/business/d ... d66.html#6
Just a reminder, all posts need a short quote from the article. Its been that way for 20 years now. Back in the day that was a rule because a lot of website links died rather quickly. Now its important because most people don't have an OWH subscription.
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 9001
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:46 pm

Re: Amazon Last Mile Warehouse (72nd and State St)

Post by Greg S »

Brad wrote: Mon Oct 13, 2025 4:54 pm
Greg S wrote: Wed Oct 08, 2025 8:04 pm Looks like it's open:

https://omaha.com/news/local/business/d ... d66.html#6
Just a reminder, all posts need a short quote from the article. Its been that way for 20 years now. Back in the day that was a rule because a lot of website links died rather quickly. Now its important because most people don't have an OWH subscription.
Ok, I had thought we just weren’t supposed to copy and paste the full articles or a large part.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036601
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Amazon Last Mile Warehouse (72nd and State St)

Post by Brad »

Greg S wrote: Mon Oct 13, 2025 7:30 pm Ok, I had thought we just weren’t supposed to copy and paste the full articles or a large part.
Yeah, for many years now I just add the quote to people's posts and don't bother to say anything to them (from all sources, not just the OWH). However I no longer have access to the OWH so I'm just asking people that still reference the OWH to add it to their post since I can't.

I also trim the posts when they cut and past the full article and add the quote /quote.