Fast Food Talk Thread

Humor and off topic conversation
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8991
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Greg S »

CBJason wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2025 9:53 pm
Busguy2010 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2024 5:25 pm Anyway, what I really came here to say was I caved and got myself some Taco Bell today. The chicken nuggets and nacho fry combo reeled me in. However they were "out of nacho fries" which was a bummer. But i have to say, the chicken nuggets were quite alright. Not formed chicken fritters like I was kinda expecting. They were fairly substantial chunks of meat. Shoot, I might even try again if I can get some nacho fries next time.
Went to Taco Bell tonight for the nuggets combo. Gotta say they were pretty good nuggets. Good size of chunk white meat. Good breading with Taco Bell seasoning/flavoring. I think if they kept the nuggets and nacho fries on the menu permanently, they’d have one of the best meals in fast food.
Taco Bell isn't done yet, quite the buzz on new menu items coming soon:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/taco-be ... 58375.html
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Taco Bell)

Post by ChadJK »

Taco Bell nuggets are already on their way out (Limited Time Only / While Supplies Last). People on the interwebs are already complaining they cannot get them. Some markets have been out of sauces for days. People who like the sauces were buying tons of extra sauces and so the sauces ran out before the nuggets. Taco Bell didn't expect so many sales of extra sauces.
Padre
Human Relations
Posts: 926
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Padre »

Due to a manufacturing problem, local Dunkin Donuts are running out of donuts.

https://www.ksnblocal4.com/2025/01/09/no-donuts-dunkin/
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Dunkin')

Post by ChadJK »

Padre wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2025 8:03 pm Due to a manufacturing problem, local Dunkin Donuts are running out of donuts.

https://www.ksnblocal4.com/2025/01/09/no-donuts-dunkin/
My brother-in-law texted me yesterday from the Dunkin' in Bellevue with a photo of a sign saying they were out of donuts due to a manufacturing error. Someone is getting fired. Dunkin' not having donuts is a little like McDonald's not having burgers.
Dunkin' wrote:Due to a donut manufacture error, we currently do not have your favorite donuts at this time. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please enjoy our Munchkins, Almond Croissants and Lemon Loaf as supply lasts! Thank you for Runnin' on Dunkin'.
Image
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2139
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Dunkin')

Post by djc311 »

ChadJK wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2025 9:15 am
Padre wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2025 8:03 pm Due to a manufacturing problem, local Dunkin Donuts are running out of donuts.

https://www.ksnblocal4.com/2025/01/09/no-donuts-dunkin/
My brother-in-law texted me yesterday from the Dunkin' in Bellevue with a photo of a sign saying they were out of donuts due to a manufacturing error. Someone is getting fired. Dunkin' not having donuts is a little like McDonald's not having burgers.
Dunkin' wrote:Due to a donut manufacture error, we currently do not have your favorite donuts at this time. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please enjoy our Munchkins, Almond Croissants and Lemon Loaf as supply lasts! Thank you for Runnin' on Dunkin'.
Image
I always get a kick out of these types of signs because they never have great grammar - "due to a donut manufacture error"... should it be "manufacturing error"? Or, a "manufacturer error"?

Maybe someone forgot to turn on the machine. LOL

The world may never know...
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036559
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Brad »

While its crazy a donut shop is out of donuts.... How about the fact their donuts are "manufactured" to be begin with? LOL. How about "Issues with the bakery" or something that makes the donuts sound better than "manufactured".
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11629
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by skinzfan23 »

Brad wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2025 10:04 am While its crazy a donut shop is out of donuts.... How about the fact their donuts are "manufactured" to be begin with? LOL. How about "Issues with the bakery" or something that makes the donuts sound better than "manufactured".
I agree
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by ChadJK »

Are Noodles & Company and Qdoba somehow affiliated. There's a Qdoba and a Noodles & Co next door to each other at Metro Crossing and also at L Street Marketplace. Could just be a coincidence.
swinquest
Home Owners Association
Posts: 191
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:46 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by swinquest »

May have missed this, but when did Firehouse Subs off of 132nd and Center closed? Drove by it yesterday and saw no signage on the building.
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11629
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by skinzfan23 »

swinquest wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2025 6:34 pm May have missed this, but when did Firehouse Subs off of 132nd and Center closed? Drove by it yesterday and saw no signage on the building.
Wow if true there are only 3 left in the metro. I still think they are my favorite chain sandwich shop.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

swinquest wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2025 6:34 pm May have missed this, but when did Firehouse Subs off of 132nd and Center closed? Drove by it yesterday and saw no signage on the building.
Yeah, I live close to this location and noticed the For Lease sign on the window back in October..

It’s been closed for the last 3 or so months…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
swinquest
Home Owners Association
Posts: 191
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:46 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by swinquest »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2025 3:12 pm
swinquest wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2025 6:34 pm May have missed this, but when did Firehouse Subs off of 132nd and Center closed? Drove by it yesterday and saw no signage on the building.
Yeah, I live close to this location and noticed the For Lease sign on the window back in October..

It’s been closed for the last 3 or so months…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Wow.... Didn't realize it had been that long since I have been to that location.
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2139
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by djc311 »

Don't forget your Runzas can be "free" (with the purchase of a drink and fry) today! I think it works out to about $7 for a cheese Runza meal. Nice way to save about $4 off regular price (on Tuesdays in January).
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11629
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by skinzfan23 »

I love this deal, missed out on it last week b/c I was sick, but there is nothing better than Runza with these cold temps.
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2139
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by djc311 »

skinzfan23 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2025 11:44 am I love this deal, missed out on it last week b/c I was sick, but there is nothing better than Runza with these cold temps.
I picked it up last Tuesday... definitely the best time to grab a Runza! It works for me as I don't feel like I need or want one all that often. So if I pickup a couple in January then it carries me for awhile!
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11629
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by skinzfan23 »

I agree, don't get runzas much the rest of the year. I still wished that they did this promotion in Feb too. I know they are probably losing money but it does generate business and people also end up buying other things too (my kids don't like Runzas so I end up buying a kids meal for them that I wouldn't normally be buying)
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2139
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by djc311 »

skinzfan23 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2025 11:53 am I agree, don't get runzas much the rest of the year. I still wished that they did this promotion in Feb too. I know they are probably losing money but it does generate business and people also end up buying other things too (my kids don't like Runzas so I end up buying a kids meal for them that I wouldn't normally be buying)
Same - my 12 year old thinks Runzas look nasty (she's called them worse than that, but I'll refrain from the more disgusting descriptions! LOL)
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Don & Millie's)

Post by ChadJK »

I stopped in to Don & Millie's for the first time in several years. I've been through the drive-thru getting food for various passengers several times, but this is my first dine-in experience for myself in forever.

Few things I noticed:
  1. They no longer use those paper tickets to write down your order. They have a legit modern POS system now.
  2. The hot dog no longer says Wimmers. Did that partnership end or am I just missing the branding?
  3. The Single Don (hamburger) says 1/4-pound, but I easily got a 1/3-pound. I was expecting something smaller.
User avatar
jessep28
Planning Board
Posts: 2819
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Don & Millie's)

Post by jessep28 »

ChadJK wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2025 2:26 pm
*The Single Don (hamburger) says 1/4-pound, but I easily got a 1/3-pound. I was expecting something smaller.
That could just be a marketing thing for people who don't understand fractions.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
Louie
County Board
Posts: 4936
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
Location: Dundee

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Don & Millie's)

Post by Louie »

jessep28 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2025 1:34 pm
ChadJK wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2025 2:26 pm
*The Single Don (hamburger) says 1/4-pound, but I easily got a 1/3-pound. I was expecting something smaller.
That could just be a marketing thing for people who don't understand fractions.
Like the A&W 1/3 pound burger ha.
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Runza)

Post by ChadJK »

The Italian Runza is back for a limited time.
https://www.runza.com/menu/italian-runza-sandwich
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036559
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Runza)

Post by Brad »

ChadJK wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2025 5:19 pm The Italian Runza is back for a limited time.
https://www.runza.com/menu/italian-runza-sandwich
Any word is the Reuben Runza is coming back next month?
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Arby's)

Post by ChadJK »

Potato Cakes are coming back to Arby's on 2/24/2025. I presume for a limited time only. I got a teaser email from them.
swinquest
Home Owners Association
Posts: 191
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:46 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Arby's)

Post by swinquest »

ChadJK wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2025 10:24 am Potato Cakes are coming back to Arby's on 2/24/2025. I presume for a limited time only. I got a teaser email from them.
I was at the Arby's near 72nd and Ames last night and they had them their in the "staging area" already - A LOT OF THEM!! So maybe some stores are already selling them ahead of the national launch?
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Arby's)

Post by ChadJK »

swinquest wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2025 11:00 am
ChadJK wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2025 10:24 am Potato Cakes are coming back to Arby's on 2/24/2025. I presume for a limited time only. I got a teaser email from them.
I was at the Arby's near 72nd and Ames last night and they had them their in the "staging area" already - A LOT OF THEM!! So maybe some stores are already selling them ahead of the national launch?
That could be. I'm sure they shipped them to the stores in advance of the sales and so the local franchisees may have just decided to start selling them already.
User avatar
jessep28
Planning Board
Posts: 2819
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by jessep28 »

I guess potato cakes are now the McRib of Arby's.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Runza)

Post by ChadJK »

Brad wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2025 10:05 pm Any word is the Reuben Runza is coming back next month?
When was the last year they had the Reuben Runza? Did they only do it one year?

I suppose if the Italian Runza is only around a month or so, then that would free up their special runza slot for a new special around St. Patrick's Day. That could work. I'll have to pester a Runza manager and see if they know anything.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036559
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Runza)

Post by Brad »

ChadJK wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2025 4:59 pm
Brad wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2025 10:05 pm Any word is the Reuben Runza is coming back next month?
When was the last year they had the Reuben Runza? Did they only do it one year?

I suppose if the Italian Runza is only around a month or so, then that would free up their special runza slot for a new special around St. Patrick's Day. That could work. I'll have to pester a Runza manager and see if they know anything.
Looks like the Reuben Runza was in 2022.
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Arby's)

Post by ChadJK »

ChadJK wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2025 10:24 am Potato Cakes are coming back to Arby's on 2/24/2025. I presume for a limited time only. I got a teaser email from them.
Apparently, Arby's Potato Cakes are back forever. At least, that's what the signage at Arby's is saying.

Someone who buys them more often than I do will have to let us know if they used their absence as an opportunity to jack up the price of them. They're $2.69 for a 3-piece or $3.29 for a 4-piece.

Image
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Runza)

Post by ChadJK »

Brad wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2025 5:22 pm
ChadJK wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2025 4:59 pm
Brad wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2025 10:05 pm Any word is the Reuben Runza is coming back next month?
When was the last year they had the Reuben Runza? Did they only do it one year?

I suppose if the Italian Runza is only around a month or so, then that would free up their special runza slot for a new special around St. Patrick's Day. That could work. I'll have to pester a Runza manager and see if they know anything.
Looks like the Reuben Runza was in 2022.
According to a "Runza insider" they are not coming back with it this year.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7328
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

Speaking of Runza, I noticed the one on 72nd & Pacific opened about a week ago. I'm still perplexed as to how they thought this location was worth rebuilding. Always nobody in line and when I drove by last week, albeit maybe nobody knew they were open, still empty. But I'll take it. It's handy if you want to go somewhere quick.
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2139
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Runza)

Post by djc311 »

ChadJK wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2025 4:59 pm
Brad wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2025 10:05 pm Any word is the Reuben Runza is coming back next month?
When was the last year they had the Reuben Runza? Did they only do it one year?

I suppose if the Italian Runza is only around a month or so, then that would free up their special runza slot for a new special around St. Patrick's Day. That could work. I'll have to pester a Runza manager and see if they know anything.
I like the Italian Runza if they'd let you remove the black olives. I get it, I'm guessing a lot of ppl that order like them. However, it's like pizza or pasta to me, I don't want black olives on there. Unfortunately they make these in advance and can't take them out, so it's not an option. If you're a fan of it though, you should probably go get one - they never keep this one around for long.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110956
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Arby's)

Post by nebugeater »

ChadJK wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2025 8:59 am
ChadJK wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2025 10:24 am Potato Cakes are coming back to Arby's on 2/24/2025. I presume for a limited time only. I got a teaser email from them.
Apparently, Arby's Potato Cakes are back forever. At least, that's what the signage at Arby's is saying.

Someone who buys them more often than I do will have to let us know if they used their absence as an opportunity to jack up the price of them. They're $2.69 for a 3-piece or $3.29 for a 4-piece.

Image

Nothing is FOREVER ;)
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8991
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Arby's)

Post by Greg S »

ChadJK wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2025 8:59 am
ChadJK wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2025 10:24 am Potato Cakes are coming back to Arby's on 2/24/2025. I presume for a limited time only. I got a teaser email from them.
Apparently, Arby's Potato Cakes are back forever. At least, that's what the signage at Arby's is saying.

Someone who buys them more often than I do will have to let us know if they used their absence as an opportunity to jack up the price of them. They're $2.69 for a 3-piece or $3.29 for a 4-piece.

Image
Fantastic news. The prices seem in line in comparison to what their fries are. So it doesn't appear they put a premium on the price.

Nice to see they are no longer a limited time item.
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2139
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Arby's)

Post by djc311 »

Greg S wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2025 10:31 am
ChadJK wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2025 8:59 am
ChadJK wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2025 10:24 am Potato Cakes are coming back to Arby's on 2/24/2025. I presume for a limited time only. I got a teaser email from them.
Apparently, Arby's Potato Cakes are back forever. At least, that's what the signage at Arby's is saying.

Someone who buys them more often than I do will have to let us know if they used their absence as an opportunity to jack up the price of them. They're $2.69 for a 3-piece or $3.29 for a 4-piece.

Image
Fantastic news. The prices seem in line in comparison to what their fries are. So it doesn't appear they put a premium on the price.

Nice to see they are no longer a limited time item.
Right - some things should just be left alone... ie, Potato Cakes. Those have been around since I was a kid, so probably more than 40 years, easy. If they tried to play a game like the McRib, I think it backfired.

The McRib comes and goes so often that it's not that big of a deal to have it off the menu for a few months. But Arby's getting rid of Potato Cakes would be like them dumping the Beef N Cheddar or Regular Roast Beef sandwich.
Padre
Human Relations
Posts: 926
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Arby's)

Post by Padre »

djc311 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2025 1:21 pm
Greg S wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2025 10:31 am
ChadJK wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2025 8:59 am
ChadJK wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2025 10:24 am Potato Cakes are coming back to Arby's on 2/24/2025. I presume for a limited time only. I got a teaser email from them.
Apparently, Arby's Potato Cakes are back forever. At least, that's what the signage at Arby's is saying.

Someone who buys them more often than I do will have to let us know if they used their absence as an opportunity to jack up the price of them. They're $2.69 for a 3-piece or $3.29 for a 4-piece.

Image
Fantastic news. The prices seem in line in comparison to what their fries are. So it doesn't appear they put a premium on the price.

Nice to see they are no longer a limited time item.
Right - some things should just be left alone... ie, Potato Cakes. Those have been around since I was a kid, so probably more than 40 years, easy. If they tried to play a game like the McRib, I think it backfired.

The McRib comes and goes so often that it's not that big of a deal to have it off the menu for a few months. But Arby's getting rid of Potato Cakes would be like them dumping the Beef N Cheddar or Regular Roast Beef sandwich.
I never worked in an Arby’s, but I always suspected potato cakes were more time consuming to make then say curly fries. I think that’s why they tried to get rid of them. But they didn’t count on the loyalty of the potato cake crowd.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036559
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Arby's)

Post by Brad »

Padre wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2025 6:49 pm I never worked in an Arby’s, but I always suspected potato cakes were more time consuming to make then say curly fries. I think that’s why they tried to get rid of them. But they didn’t count on the loyalty of the potato cake crowd.
I just assumed there was way more profit in terrible crinkle cut fires they replaced them with...
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Arby's)

Post by ChadJK »

Potato Cakes at Arby's make sense if you consider the number of old school steakhouses that offer hashbrowns as a potato choice. Personally, I usually opt for their Jalapeño Poppers.
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8991
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Arby's)

Post by Greg S »

Brad wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2025 9:36 pm
Padre wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2025 6:49 pm I never worked in an Arby’s, but I always suspected potato cakes were more time consuming to make then say curly fries. I think that’s why they tried to get rid of them. But they didn’t count on the loyalty of the potato cake crowd.
I just assumed there was way more profit in terrible crinkle cut fires they replaced them with...
I figured it had to do with the younger demographic moving away from them. My boys are all about the curly fries at Arby's.
GenX
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1230
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:16 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Arby's)

Post by GenX »

djc311 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2025 1:21 pm
Greg S wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2025 10:31 am
ChadJK wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2025 8:59 am
ChadJK wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2025 10:24 am Potato Cakes are coming back to Arby's on 2/24/2025. I presume for a limited time only. I got a teaser email from them.
Apparently, Arby's Potato Cakes are back forever. At least, that's what the signage at Arby's is saying.

Someone who buys them more often than I do will have to let us know if they used their absence as an opportunity to jack up the price of them. They're $2.69 for a 3-piece or $3.29 for a 4-piece.

Image
Fantastic news. The prices seem in line in comparison to what their fries are. So it doesn't appear they put a premium on the price.

Nice to see they are no longer a limited time item.
Right - some things should just be left alone... ie, Potato Cakes. Those have been around since I was a kid, so probably more than 40 years, easy. If they tried to play a game like the McRib, I think it backfired.

The McRib comes and goes so often that it's not that big of a deal to have it off the menu for a few months. But Arby's getting rid of Potato Cakes would be like them dumping the Beef N Cheddar or Regular Roast Beef sandwich.
I had stopped eating at Arby's after they replaced the potato cakes with those horrible crinkle fries. Looks like I can go back now!