skinzfan23 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:28 am
Just my opinion and I know that they are separate businesses but I think Caseys is kind of like HyVee. Used to be well liked and highly recommended, but now they are getting too big and for some of the same and also different reasons, I dread going to either.
Holy |expletive|, that’s an incredible analogy. That’s absolutely right
And both Iowa businesses too..to continue the similarities between the 2…
I like Casey's Pizza. It's pretty darn tasty for gas station pizza. Unfortunately, everyone else seems to like it too. So, that coupled with the current struggle to find retail employees and I'm just NOT going to wait 90 minutes for a gas station pizza. Sorry. I wouldn't wait 90 minutes for the best pizza in Omaha.
Some of that is mostly an Omaha problem. I still really enjoy Casey's in small town Nebraska and Iowa. If I am on a road trip and everyone is getting hungry, then I will see which town is 20 or 30 minutes down the road in the direction we're driving, call the local Casey's, order a pizza, pick it up when we get there, and be back on the road in under 5 minutes with a hot fresh pizza.
As for the rest of Casey's offerings. It's just another C-store with gas pumps. Take away their pizza and I'd be just as likely to stop at a modern QuikTrip, Kum & Go, or Kwik Shop.
I did see that "Casey's General Store" officially rebranded to just "Casey's" in 2020. It's a minor change and everyone referred to it as just "Casey's" anyway.
ChadJK wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:26 pm
I did see that "Casey's General Store" officially rebranded to just "Casey's" in 2020. It's a minor change and everyone referred to it as just "Casey's" anyway.
It seems like company names always shorten over time. Next they'll change it to "C".
I just noticed that the newly-built Casey's at 24th & Martha is now open. It looks like a nice store, and it will be good to have competition against the dumpy "Select Food Mart" two blocks south.
Umm... yea... that's enough Casey's in Omaha. As much as I love to travel across Omaha by hopping from the roof of one Casey's to the next, it may be getting a little absurd.
I think some should close. I had an issue with the one near 90th and Maple that I escalated to executive management and was promised a call back from the store manager, which never came. Maybe, they should look at how some stores are ran and close the ones that decide to close the store by plain clothed (and FORMER) employees in the middle of a busy time because their kitchen was behind. They went as far as to lock the doors with customers inside, which was very unsettling for me (sorry, just want to put in a subtle rant).
swinquest wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2025 1:20 pm
I think some should close. I had an issue with the one near 90th and Maple that I escalated to executive management and was promised a call back from the store manager, which never came. Maybe, they should look at how some stores are ran and close the ones that decide to close the store by plain clothed (and FORMER) employees in the middle of a busy time because their kitchen was behind. They went as far as to lock the doors with customers inside, which was very unsettling for me (sorry, just want to put in a subtle rant).
The Casey's on 180th & Harrison MIGHT have one cashier at any given time behind the counter, regardless of # of people in line.
Half the time, the CC terminal doesn't work right. And I swear I used my card at one of their pumps and it was skimmed on one of their pumps a couple of years ago.
Only thing I get there is breakfast pizza which I order from the app. That keeps getting more expensive and they no longer have the deals they once had, so I may not be ordering that in the future, either.
The only one I've been to that consistently does well is the one in Springfield. We'll actually drive to it for carryout over using the new(ish) one in Gretna. Too bad too. I like their pizza.
Sorry to bump an old thread, but even in Ankeny, the headquarters of Casey's, their stores have gone downhill big time the last several years. There are two Kwik Star's in town and a third soon to open as a travel center off of I-35. Kwik Star blows Casey's out of the water in every category, including friendly staff.
Ankeny Husker Freak wrote: Thu Dec 04, 2025 5:55 am
Sorry to bump an old thread, but even in Ankeny, the headquarters of Casey's, their stores have gone downhill big time the last several years. There are two Kwik Star's in town and a third soon to open as a travel center off of I-35. Kwik Star blows Casey's out of the water in every category, including friendly staff.
The Caseys I take issue with are the stores acquired and converted. The build from the ground up seems better to me.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
Ankeny Husker Freak wrote: Thu Dec 04, 2025 5:55 am
Sorry to bump an old thread, but even in Ankeny, the headquarters of Casey's, their stores have gone downhill big time the last several years. There are two Kwik Star's in town and a third soon to open as a travel center off of I-35. Kwik Star blows Casey's out of the water in every category, including friendly staff.
I've been saying it for a long time, but I have noticed the same. Everywhere where a KwikStar opens, if you look around, there is no one at nearby neighboring stations. Its amazing what having good employees that are paid well, clean restrooms and a much better product will do.