Fast Food Talk Thread

Humor and off topic conversation
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7329
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Arby's)

Post by Busguy2010 »

ChadJK wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2025 8:27 am I usually opt for their Jalapeño Poppers.
Oh my, how could I have forgotten about the jalapeño poppers. I love them along with the berry sauce. It's such an unexpectedly good pairing. I'm definitely making a point to get Arby's today, mainly for the jalapeño poppers.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Arby's)

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

EricHaley wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2025 11:56 am
djc311 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2025 1:21 pm
Greg S wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2025 10:31 am
ChadJK wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2025 8:59 am
ChadJK wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2025 10:24 am Potato Cakes are coming back to Arby's on 2/24/2025. I presume for a limited time only. I got a teaser email from them.
Apparently, Arby's Potato Cakes are back forever. At least, that's what the signage at Arby's is saying.

Someone who buys them more often than I do will have to let us know if they used their absence as an opportunity to jack up the price of them. They're $2.69 for a 3-piece or $3.29 for a 4-piece.

Image
Fantastic news. The prices seem in line in comparison to what their fries are. So it doesn't appear they put a premium on the price.

Nice to see they are no longer a limited time item.
Right - some things should just be left alone... ie, Potato Cakes. Those have been around since I was a kid, so probably more than 40 years, easy. If they tried to play a game like the McRib, I think it backfired.

The McRib comes and goes so often that it's not that big of a deal to have it off the menu for a few months. But Arby's getting rid of Potato Cakes would be like them dumping the Beef N Cheddar or Regular Roast Beef sandwich.
I had stopped eating at Arby's after they replaced the potato cakes with those horrible crinkle fries. Looks like I can go back now!
Good to see them back..

Should have NEVER taken a menu original away in the first place..

Kudos to Arby’s to at least course correct…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by ChadJK »

almighty_tuna wrote: Tue Mar 04, 2025 9:58 am
EricHaley wrote: Tue Mar 04, 2025 9:15 am Amigo's seems to have devolved to cheap college food I can make at home, like a hot dog wrapped in a tortilla.
Devolved?! Was it ever really more than that?? :lol: I mean, I've never walked into Amigo's thinking I'm getting something authentic.
I do enjoy fast food Tex-Mex, but I don't think any single brand is the best. I have items I like and items I hate from Taco Bell, Taco John's, and Amigos. Though, lately, I've really been craving a Taco Bravo from Taco John's. I don't walk into a national fast food chain with the same expectations as when I walk into a locally owned place. Remember kids, happiness is about low expectations. :)
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Runza)

Post by ChadJK »

ChadJK wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2025 5:19 pm The Italian Runza is back for a limited time.
https://www.runza.com/menu/italian-runza-sandwich
And it's gone again. Ended 2/28.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110964
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by nebugeater »

So what technology is Firehouse Subs using to identify who you are when or before you order? I could get that it may tie to reading a card, but in the past, I am sure my first name has called me by name before I have swiped my card.

I go to the one in Fremont every three or so weeks, and this has been something I have been noticing for a while now. Today, I went in and never even took my billfold out of my pocket. Paid with cash I had in a clip in my front pocket. Before I paid, they said Will this order be for 'first name"

I would assume they are using facial recognition tied to data that they tied to me at some point in the past. I looked for a camera and didn't see anything obvious. Really just kind of creepy.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036568
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Brad »

nebugeater wrote: Tue Mar 04, 2025 12:34 pm I would assume they are using facial recognition tied to data that they tied to me at some point in the past. I looked for a camera and didn't see anything obvious. Really just kind of creepy.
They put a chip in your sub and you ingested it. Now they track you... LOL

Yes, it does seems creepy. More creepy then the Jimmy John's app saying "Hey, you're near xyz store, want to make an order?"
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110964
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote: Tue Mar 04, 2025 12:47 pm
nebugeater wrote: Tue Mar 04, 2025 12:34 pm I would assume they are using facial recognition tied to data that they tied to me at some point in the past. I looked for a camera and didn't see anything obvious. Really just kind of creepy.
They put a chip in your sub and you ingested it. Now they track you... LOL

Yes, it does seems creepy. More creepy then the Jimmy John's app saying "Hey, you're near xyz store, want to make an order?"
I thought about the Firehouse app, too, but I don't have it on my phone. USed to use it before I "did a complete refresh" of my phone, so I guess there is a chance there is still a reminence of it on there.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
Posts: 6013
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by nativeomahan »

It’s pretty impossible to remain anonymous in this world today.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1552
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:10 pm

Re: Oklahoma Joe's

Post by bbinks »

I'm not going to immediately blame staffing for restaurant performance. I can go to Chi-Fil-A, Runza, or Arby's and get far better service than any Burger King. Maybe BK is where people end up with their bad work ethics and 💩 attitude that isn't tolerated elsewhere.
Padre
Human Relations
Posts: 929
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Padre »

Does anyone know when Gandolfos started selling pizza?
omaha79
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1635
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:46 pm

Re: Oklahoma Joe's

Post by omaha79 »

bbinks wrote: Sat Mar 08, 2025 2:37 pm I'm not going to immediately blame staffing for restaurant performance. I can go to Chi-Fil-A, Runza, or Arby's and get far better service than any Burger King. Maybe BK is where people end up with their bad work ethics and 💩 attitude that isn't tolerated elsewhere.
Everything I've heard is that the main franchise owner of Burger King's in the Omaha area is terrible. And, what you get in Omaha isn't necessarily what you get in other cities. Omaha has essentially none of the new store designs and all the ones I've been to are dated, most have the 90's design and are beyond in need of a refresh. I think it's more of a franchisee situation, but could be indicative of BK having lax franchise standards as well.
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11634
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Oklahoma Joe's

Post by skinzfan23 »

Yes, speaking about the BK's in Omaha metro, they are pretty lacking. Most also seem as if they haven't cleaned the floors since the 1990's either. It would be really nice if they invested some money into them.
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2140
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Oklahoma Joe's

Post by djc311 »

skinzfan23 wrote: Thu Mar 13, 2025 10:37 am Yes, speaking about the BK's in Omaha metro, they are pretty lacking. Most also seem as if they haven't cleaned the floors since the 1990's either. It would be really nice if they invested some money into them.
I thought someone had mentioned BK corporate took back control of most of those in Omaha? Perhaps I'm mistaken and misread that somewhere. At about the time I "thought" I heard that, I did notice the one closest to us on 178th & Center St received the upgraded digital menu displays and actually opened up their second drive thru lane again. However, other than that one change, they still seem to be very lackluster. The only thing I get occasionally from them are breakfast croissants as I prefer these over McDonald's biscuits and for 2 for $5, it's not a terrible deal.

I did actually drive thru this week in the morning and noticed their outside sign marquee says Under New Management". Not sure how long that's been on display, but the sign itself is as old as the building and looks like |expletive|. LOL

Only hot sandwich I like from there is the Italian chicken and that comes around a lot less often than the McRib. Last couple I ordered were cold back when they had them, and that was from two different stores.

I am NOT a fan of BK - honestly I'm surprised they remain open. McDonald's will have 15 cars in the drive thru at dinner any given day... BK will have 2 (if they're lucky). Can't keep the doors open for too long with that kind of traffic.
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11634
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by skinzfan23 »

I used to go to BK any chance I got over McDonalds, but I haven't been to BK for at least a year since they raised their prices so much and seem to not care. The one on 42nd and Hwy 370 has had their large sign completely broken for the past few months. I know it takes time to order and install those, but it looks terrible. Not to mention the inside literally is a time wrap back to the 90's.
omaha79
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1635
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:46 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by omaha79 »

skinzfan23 wrote: Thu Mar 13, 2025 11:00 am I used to go to BK any chance I got over McDonalds, but I haven't been to BK for at least a year since they raised their prices so much and seem to not care. The one on 42nd and Hwy 370 has had their large sign completely broken for the past few months. I know it takes time to order and install those, but it looks terrible. Not to mention the inside literally is a time wrap back to the 90's.
We must live relatively close, because that's the exact location I was thinking of.
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11634
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by skinzfan23 »

I live in the very south edge of Bellevue, but go to Twin Creek area all the time.
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Long John Silver's)

Post by ChadJK »

The Long John Silver's/A&W combo restaurant at 84th & Giles has closed.
Padre
Human Relations
Posts: 929
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Long John Silver's)

Post by Padre »

ChadJK wrote: Mon Mar 17, 2025 5:03 pm The Long John Silver's/A&W combo restaurant at 84th & Giles has closed.
On Google maps it said temporarily closed, but it’s not listed on the A&W website.
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Long John Silver's)

Post by ChadJK »

Padre wrote: Mon Mar 17, 2025 7:52 pm
ChadJK wrote: Mon Mar 17, 2025 5:03 pm The Long John Silver's/A&W combo restaurant at 84th & Giles has closed.
On Google maps it said temporarily closed, but it’s not listed on the A&W website.
This location is also no longer on the LJS website either.

I've had to submit several edits to Google Maps over the last couple of years for permanently closed (and often already replaced) restaurants that were marked "temporarily closed."
GenX
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1231
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:16 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Oklahoma Joe's

Post by GenX »

skinzfan23 wrote: Thu Mar 13, 2025 10:37 am Yes, speaking about the BK's in Omaha metro, they are pretty lacking. Most also seem as if they haven't cleaned the floors since the 1990's either. It would be really nice if they invested some money into them.
I visited a BK recently and the ketchup in the dispenser was runny, almost as if it had been watered down… :barf:
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2140
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Oklahoma Joe's

Post by djc311 »

EricHaley wrote: Wed Mar 19, 2025 12:02 am
skinzfan23 wrote: Thu Mar 13, 2025 10:37 am Yes, speaking about the BK's in Omaha metro, they are pretty lacking. Most also seem as if they haven't cleaned the floors since the 1990's either. It would be really nice if they invested some money into them.
I visited a BK recently and the ketchup in the dispenser was runny, almost as if it had been watered down… :barf:
Probably was... due to lack of use, they likely added water. :shock:

I'm joking (kinda). It wouldn't surprise me if they did that. Out of what would usually be considered the bigger chains, this place is the most disappointing and has gone down hill in a hurry. I never went out of my way to go to a BK, but I every once in awhile a Whopper sounded good.

When I was a kid and lived up the street from the one off Saddle Creek and Dodge, we'd walk down to it on occasion. I remember when French Toast Sticks came out... one of the most amazing things ever! Even today I'd probably enjoy them (hard for them to mess up something that drops into oil and gets fried, LOL!). I also enjoyed when they released the 3-pack of "mini" burgers in the narrow container. I guess you could call them sliders.

Sucks to see places like this go down the toilet - they have the infrastructure and resources to be a good company. Not sure why the local stores are so terrible, but it's been this way for several years now (I'd say at least since Covid).
omaha79
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1635
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:46 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by omaha79 »

skinzfan23 wrote: Thu Mar 13, 2025 4:08 pm I live in the very south edge of Bellevue, but go to Twin Creek area all the time.
that's where I am, off of Fairview.
GenX
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1231
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:16 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Oklahoma Joe's

Post by GenX »

djc311 wrote: Wed Mar 19, 2025 7:53 am
EricHaley wrote: Wed Mar 19, 2025 12:02 am
skinzfan23 wrote: Thu Mar 13, 2025 10:37 am Yes, speaking about the BK's in Omaha metro, they are pretty lacking. Most also seem as if they haven't cleaned the floors since the 1990's either. It would be really nice if they invested some money into them.
I visited a BK recently and the ketchup in the dispenser was runny, almost as if it had been watered down… :barf:
Probably was... due to lack of use, they likely added water. :shock:

I'm joking (kinda). It wouldn't surprise me if they did that. Out of what would usually be considered the bigger chains, this place is the most disappointing and has gone down hill in a hurry. I never went out of my way to go to a BK, but I every once in awhile a Whopper sounded good.

When I was a kid and lived up the street from the one off Saddle Creek and Dodge, we'd walk down to it on occasion. I remember when French Toast Sticks came out... one of the most amazing things ever! Even today I'd probably enjoy them (hard for them to mess up something that drops into oil and gets fried, LOL!). I also enjoyed when they released the 3-pack of "mini" burgers in the narrow container. I guess you could call them sliders.

Sucks to see places like this go down the toilet - they have the infrastructure and resources to be a good company. Not sure why the local stores are so terrible, but it's been this way for several years now (I'd say at least since Covid).
Disappointment. That sums it all up perfectly.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7329
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

Im pretty much gonna boycott fast food. I get the convenience factor, but I think they're exploiting it, big time. Spent $19 at Runza, $16 at Mac Donalds, $12 for a half a$s steak pilly at Pepperjax, each just for a single meal. And this is still the same |expletive| we used to pay half that amount for not even that long ago.
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2140
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by djc311 »

Yeah, it's all out of control. And anytime you buy food at a "better" restaurant they still ask if you want to tip them. I'm sorry, but they were getting paid the same about 4-5 years ago before tip crazy happened... and the guy flipping my burger at Five Guys really shouldn't get a tip if they're getting paid $15-$16/hour to make the burger.

You don't tip the cashier at Target - or the bagger at HyVee, etc.

Life is getting nearly impossibly expensive.

If I go to McDonald's anymore, I simply order their $5 deal or get the same at Wendy's. Runza cost my family of 4 last week $55. That's crazy for a freaking fast food burger. Obviously, we're all silly enough to pay for it, tho! LOL
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by ChadJK »

djc311 wrote: Thu Mar 20, 2025 1:45 pm You don't tip the cashier at Target - or the bagger at HyVee, etc.
Yet. :evil:
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11634
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by skinzfan23 »

Definitely suggest using apps, I know McDonalds is way cheaper on there and runza gives you rewards points
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8993
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Greg S »

skinzfan23 wrote: Thu Mar 20, 2025 8:40 pm Definitely suggest using apps, I know McDonalds is way cheaper on there and runza gives you rewards points
I can't agree with this more. I resisted downloading them for a while but you save so much.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1552
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:10 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by bbinks »

ChadJK wrote: Thu Mar 20, 2025 4:39 pm
djc311 wrote: Thu Mar 20, 2025 1:45 pm You don't tip the cashier at Target - or the bagger at HyVee, etc.
Yet. :evil:
With self check out and not having a helpful smile in every aisle, HyVee should tip their customers.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110964
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by nebugeater »

bbinks wrote: Wed Apr 02, 2025 7:44 am
ChadJK wrote: Thu Mar 20, 2025 4:39 pm
djc311 wrote: Thu Mar 20, 2025 1:45 pm You don't tip the cashier at Target - or the bagger at HyVee, etc.
Yet. :evil:
With self check out and not having a helpful smile in every aisle, HyVee should tip their customers.
HyVee has eliminated most of its self-checkout.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
bbinks
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1552
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:10 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by bbinks »

nebugeater wrote: Wed Apr 02, 2025 8:22 am
bbinks wrote: Wed Apr 02, 2025 7:44 am
ChadJK wrote: Thu Mar 20, 2025 4:39 pm
djc311 wrote: Thu Mar 20, 2025 1:45 pm You don't tip the cashier at Target - or the bagger at HyVee, etc.
Yet. :evil:
With self check out and not having a helpful smile in every aisle, HyVee should tip their customers.
HyVee has eliminated most of its self-checkout.
Fort St. must be behind. I'm only there now for prescriptions.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036568
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Brad »

bbinks wrote: Wed Apr 02, 2025 11:26 am
nebugeater wrote: Wed Apr 02, 2025 8:22 am
bbinks wrote: Wed Apr 02, 2025 7:44 am
ChadJK wrote: Thu Mar 20, 2025 4:39 pm
djc311 wrote: Thu Mar 20, 2025 1:45 pm You don't tip the cashier at Target - or the bagger at HyVee, etc.
Yet. :evil:
With self check out and not having a helpful smile in every aisle, HyVee should tip their customers.
HyVee has eliminated most of its self-checkout.
Fort St. must be behind. I'm only there now for prescriptions.
90th and Center as well as 132 & Dodge both still have self-checkouts too.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110964
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote: Wed Apr 02, 2025 1:47 pm
bbinks wrote: Wed Apr 02, 2025 11:26 am
nebugeater wrote: Wed Apr 02, 2025 8:22 am
bbinks wrote: Wed Apr 02, 2025 7:44 am
ChadJK wrote: Thu Mar 20, 2025 4:39 pm
djc311 wrote: Thu Mar 20, 2025 1:45 pm You don't tip the cashier at Target - or the bagger at HyVee, etc.
Yet. :evil:
With self check out and not having a helpful smile in every aisle, HyVee should tip their customers.
HyVee has eliminated most of its self-checkout.
Fort St. must be behind. I'm only there now for prescriptions.
90th and Center as well as 132 & Dodge both still have self-checkouts too.
are they using them? The stores I go to still have them in place but for the most part they are not open
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036568
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Brad »

nebugeater wrote: Wed Apr 02, 2025 1:53 pm are they using them? The stores I go to still have them in place but for the most part they are not open
Yes, usually only 1 or 2 staffed checkouts open, and then at least 6 of the self checkouts at 90th and all of them at 132nd are open..
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110964
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote: Wed Apr 02, 2025 1:56 pm
nebugeater wrote: Wed Apr 02, 2025 1:53 pm are they using them? The stores I go to still have them in place but for the most part they are not open
Yes, usually only 1 or 2 staffed checkouts open, and then at least 6 of the self checkouts at 90th and all of them at 132nd are open..
Interesting.

I go to Gretna 180th & Q and Fremont for the most part. Rarely open
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
OmahaRedWing
Human Relations
Posts: 523
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:39 pm

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by OmahaRedWing »

nebugeater wrote: Wed Apr 02, 2025 1:57 pm
Brad wrote: Wed Apr 02, 2025 1:56 pm
nebugeater wrote: Wed Apr 02, 2025 1:53 pm are they using them? The stores I go to still have them in place but for the most part they are not open
Yes, usually only 1 or 2 staffed checkouts open, and then at least 6 of the self checkouts at 90th and all of them at 132nd are open..
Interesting.

I go to Gretna 180th & Q and Fremont for the most part. Rarely open
I just used the self checkout at 156th and Maple today.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7329
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Busguy2010 »

I just saw a commercial for Jimmy John's. They now have new toasted subs! Now that might just get me to go there!

Really though, Jimmy John's has to be the blandest and most unimaginative sandwich place. I'm not hating, but it says something when merely toasting their sandwiches is a selling point. Who would have ever thought of that? Lol

So lame, but I might actually try it.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036568
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Brad »

Busguy2010 wrote: Tue Apr 08, 2025 11:18 am I just saw a commercial for Jimmy John's. They now have new toasted subs! Now that might just get me to go there!
I have noticed the few times I have had one, they seem to take a lot longer. I order on the app and when I walk in the door, the cold sandwich is always ready sitting on the shelf. However, I have yet to walk in the door and the toasted sandwich be ready. Also, in my opinion, they are over toasting them.
Busguy2010 wrote: Tue Apr 08, 2025 11:18 am Really though, Jimmy John's has to be the blandest and most unimaginative sandwich place. I'm not hating, but it says something when merely toasting their sandwiches is a selling point. Who would have ever thought of that? Lol
I modify every sandwich I get there. Remove the stupid mayo and add ingredients with flavor. That's said, I don't go to JJ because they have great sandwiches, I go because its so convenient. I can order on the app (which actually uses apple pay unlike some others that still live in 2019 and want you to save a credit card in the app). Then I keep working for about 5 more more min before heading over there and my sandwich is waiting for me. From the time I leave my desk until I get back to my desk is about 5 min.
Padre
Human Relations
Posts: 929
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by Padre »

Busguy2010 wrote: Tue Apr 08, 2025 11:18 am I just saw a commercial for Jimmy John's. They now have new toasted subs! Now that might just get me to go there!

Really though, Jimmy John's has to be the blandest and most unimaginative sandwich place. I'm not hating, but it says something when merely toasting their sandwiches is a selling point. Who would have ever thought of that? Lol

So lame, but I might actually try it.
I tried the chicken bacon ranch toasted sandwich. Unfortunately the ranch soaks into the bread, and makes it soggy. Not very appealing.

Their real selling point was that they delivered, though that was before Uber Eats got so big. I think it’s interesting that they still have their own drivers.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110964
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Fast Food Talk Thread

Post by nebugeater »

Padre wrote: Tue Apr 08, 2025 3:36 pm
Busguy2010 wrote: Tue Apr 08, 2025 11:18 am I just saw a commercial for Jimmy John's. They now have new toasted subs! Now that might just get me to go there!

Really though, Jimmy John's has to be the blandest and most unimaginative sandwich place. I'm not hating, but it says something when merely toasting their sandwiches is a selling point. Who would have ever thought of that? Lol

So lame, but I might actually try it.
I tried the chicken bacon ranch toasted sandwich. Unfortunately the ranch soaks into the bread, and makes it soggy. Not very appealing.

Their real selling point was that they delivered, though that was before Uber Eats got so big. I think it’s interesting that they still have their own drivers.

Much better control of cost, time and quality
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!