Photographer
Posts: 1036562
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Kensington Park (NW 204 & Q Street)
Mixed Use Development before the Planning Board in April.
Link: https://planning.cityofomaha.org/images ... ril/01.pdf
Mixed Use Development before the Planning Board in April.
Link: https://planning.cityofomaha.org/images ... ril/01.pdf

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:31 pm
That’s a lot of parking lot.
Library Board
Posts: 418
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:44 pm
Location: Elkhorn
Ugh. Another Strip Mall & Business Park. We have enough Commercial Space already in West Omaha.
mcarch
Planning Board
Posts: 2139
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha
We should take wagers on what fills the space...
- Hair Cut Shop
- Insurance Agent
- Chiropractor and/or Dentist and/or Veterinarian
- If there's a drive-thru on the end then I'd guess at a Scooter's, but they've been building free-standing shops lately, and there's probably one already within a block or two. (Although they did drop one at 180th and Harrison when there was already one at 180th and Q St.).
- Hair Cut Shop
- Insurance Agent
- Chiropractor and/or Dentist and/or Veterinarian
- If there's a drive-thru on the end then I'd guess at a Scooter's, but they've been building free-standing shops lately, and there's probably one already within a block or two. (Although they did drop one at 180th and Harrison when there was already one at 180th and Q St.).
Library Board
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:12 am
Location: Downtown
In an unusual move, there are 46 apartments above those center strip malls. It's a sidestep in the right direction.
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm
Definitely agree on the salon, insurance agent, and chiropractor/dentist. Physical Therapist and a combo Vape/CBD shop are real options too.djc311 wrote: ↑Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:50 am We should take wagers on what fills the space...
- Hair Cut Shop
- Insurance Agent
- Chiropractor and/or Dentist and/or Veterinarian
- If there's a drive-thru on the end then I'd guess at a Scooter's, but they've been building free-standing shops lately, and there's probably one already within a block or two. (Although they did drop one at 180th and Harrison when there was already one at 180th and Q St.).
Human Relations
Posts: 533
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:54 pm
So this "Kensington Park replat III" is the 3rd phase of the Trade Winds Apartments? Is that correct. 576 Total units at Trade Winds and this phase contains the final 248 units? Or is this a different community? These 13 year builds from first proposal are tough to track. The units above retail are nice to see, what a great setup for a small business owner.
Added to Omaha Metro Apartment Map

Added to Omaha Metro Apartment Map

Photographer
Posts: 1036562
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
Photographer
Posts: 1036562
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
Home Owners Association
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue May 02, 2023 1:53 pm
I assume we don't know what the "big box store" and "grocery store" are yet right? I see a fuel station there so surely not another Costco right?
Home Owners Association
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:46 am
It's a Bakers supermarket
Planning Board
Posts: 2139
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:40 pm
omggg, I love bakers! The produce is so fresh and its cheap.
Photographer
Posts: 1036562
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Baker's coming to Kensington Park:

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
City Council
Posts: 8991
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
This is nice to see. Been a long time since we got a Baker's/Kroger built from the ground up. Saw some newer Dillons in Kansas and they are really really nice.
Photographer
Posts: 1036562
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Pepperwood in 1999
Lakeside in 2012

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
County Board
Posts: 4694
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: New York City
Planning Board
Posts: 2139
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha
Sounds like another HyVee-esque design like on HWY 370. If it's 55,000 sq ft larger than a standard Bakers, WTH are they putting inside?
I'm glad to see the development, I imagine it will get busy in that area since it will be the closest Bakers to both Gretna and Elkhorn.
County Board
Posts: 6013
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Nice to see that Kroger is investing in the Omaha area. Been too long since they built their most recent stores.
City Council
Posts: 11629
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Agree, would like to see more of them. They are a much larger and better chain than HyVee.nativeomahan wrote: ↑Wed May 07, 2025 10:54 am Nice to see that Kroger is investing in the Omaha area. Been too long since they built their most recent stores.
County Board
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:06 am
Location: Bennington
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first ever store built from the ground up since Kroger bought Bakers? I know there was some shuffling/renovations, but no entirely new store. I was starting to wonder if Kroger really cared about the Omaha market. Great news in any case. I hate HyVee.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
Planning Board
Posts: 2139
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha
I'm surprised at how much animosity there is about grocery stores in Omaha.
I'm not a giant fan of HyVee, however I've not liked Baker's since the family sold them off decades ago. They (like pretty much all grocery store chains) simply started pushing profit over customer satisfaction (IMO). I think Baker's prices are just as bad as HyVee's and anytime I stop into the Lakeside Baker's, it's usually a weekend and they have about 2 lines open plus the self checkouts. I certainly don't think either of the two go above and beyond to help out their customer.
As you mentioned, Kroger hasn't even built a store in Omaha. They took over locations they acquired and let them do their thing, I guess. At least HyVee has dedicated resources and developed the area. Even their ginormous store on 370 was the largest and first of its kind for the company. Perhaps this is a sign of some good things to come from Kroger, but if I had to pick one of the two to stop into, it would be HyVee.
Unfortunately local stores like Wohlner's and others simply couldn't compete - rent is way too high and they can't buy in the volume needed to keep their prices lower.
I've shifted over to online shopping for most things to get the best price I can, aside from meat and produce.
I'm not a giant fan of HyVee, however I've not liked Baker's since the family sold them off decades ago. They (like pretty much all grocery store chains) simply started pushing profit over customer satisfaction (IMO). I think Baker's prices are just as bad as HyVee's and anytime I stop into the Lakeside Baker's, it's usually a weekend and they have about 2 lines open plus the self checkouts. I certainly don't think either of the two go above and beyond to help out their customer.
As you mentioned, Kroger hasn't even built a store in Omaha. They took over locations they acquired and let them do their thing, I guess. At least HyVee has dedicated resources and developed the area. Even their ginormous store on 370 was the largest and first of its kind for the company. Perhaps this is a sign of some good things to come from Kroger, but if I had to pick one of the two to stop into, it would be HyVee.
Unfortunately local stores like Wohlner's and others simply couldn't compete - rent is way too high and they can't buy in the volume needed to keep their prices lower.
I've shifted over to online shopping for most things to get the best price I can, aside from meat and produce.
City Council
Posts: 11629
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Speaking of the grocery stores, I used to like HyVee a lot in the 90's and 00's, but they definitely don't live by their "smile in every aisle" slogan any longer. They still do have a huge selection of products and clean stores for the most part, but I have had several incidents over the years with them that caused me to go elsewhere. When they have sales, they can be a good choice, but last time I was there, the HyVee brand milk was close to $5 gallon. I have never seen prices that high for a store brand. I normally go to Bakers, Aldi or Walmart and their everyday prices aren't even close to HyVee. I admit, Bakers can be high sometimes, but if you use their digital coupons and 4x fuel points on Fridays, it is hard to beat them.
Definitely, as you mentioned, it is great for HyVee to have built new stores, while Kroger/Bakers hasn't for years. So this is a welcome site.
Definitely, as you mentioned, it is great for HyVee to have built new stores, while Kroger/Bakers hasn't for years. So this is a welcome site.
Home Owners Association
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:21 am
The fuel discounts and the buy 2 get 1 free discount are terrible. I have been an EV driver for 7 years now and have bought under 10 gallons of gas during that time. When HyVee runs a $.50 gas discount per $50 spent I feel like I overpaid $7.50 to cover the gas credit. Who needs three 20oz drinks when stopping at a gas station?
Photographer
Posts: 1036562
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Building Permit for a new retail strip on the north side of the proposed Bakers at Kensington Park. The permit is still pending and doesn't show a building size yet.
Building Permits wrote:Retail Core and Shell Building
Original Description: Retail core shell building adjacent to the new Baker's Grocery store.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
City Council
Posts: 110956
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE
Just as likely, they want a place to park their construction equipment during winter weather. I am not holding my breath that anything opens soon. Glad there is the Gretna HyVee now, so we are not going to the one on 180th regularly like we used to. In addition, two daughters used to work there.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
Planning Board
Posts: 2139
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha
Our dr is moving to the new Methodist office that's due to open next month on the NE corner of 204th & Q. We'll just have to take Giles or Harrison to get there with Q still being all messed up.nebugeater wrote: ↑Tue Dec 09, 2025 12:57 pmJust as likely, they want a place to park their construction equipment during winter weather. I am not holding my breath that anything opens soon. Glad there is the Gretna HyVee now, so we are not going to the one on 180th regularly like we used to. In addition, two daughters used to work there.
I haven't noticed any activity where the new Baker's store is suppose to go across the street on the west side of 204th. Have they started doing anything besides the dirt move at the fake ground breaking ceremony? I believe the Scooter's is open or almost open... and there's a FNBO ATM over there (I imagine that means they'll build a branch there in the near future). Isn't Panda Express due to build on that side as well?
City Council
Posts: 110956
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE
Very little activity that I see at the Baker's location. All dirt work and maybe some underground utility work.djc311 wrote: ↑Tue Dec 09, 2025 4:23 pmOur dr is moving to the new Methodist office that's due to open next month on the NE corner of 204th & Q. We'll just have to take Giles or Harrison to get there with Q still being all messed up.nebugeater wrote: ↑Tue Dec 09, 2025 12:57 pm
Just as likely, they want a place to park their construction equipment during winter weather. I am not holding my breath that anything opens soon. Glad there is the Gretna HyVee now, so we are not going to the one on 180th regularly like we used to. In addition, two daughters used to work there.
I haven't noticed any activity where the new Baker's store is suppose to go across the street on the west side of 204th. Have they started doing anything besides the dirt move at the fake ground breaking ceremony? I believe the Scooter's is open or almost open... and there's a FNBO ATM over there (I imagine that means they'll build a branch there in the near future). Isn't Panda Express due to build on that side as well?
It looks like they are starting on some prep work for a Bank at the FNBO ATM
Scooters is open.
The building that will have Goodfarthers in it is moving along, but a good amount to be even to the point of interior work.
I watch the parking lot of the Still and drive by often, and still never see many vehicles in the parking lot. Frequently seems like, from the Hwy, there is more activity at Bottles & Barrels.
I recall Grow Omaha reporting that Panda Express was coming to this area. Here is a screen capture from Grow Omaha. It looks like the address is 4815 South 205 Street so this is not in the Conventry development, but north of Q St somewhat across from Tommy's Express and Caseys

For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
Photographer
Posts: 1036562
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Baker's is nearly closed in:
https://www.facebook.com/share/r/1EMffhaiKb/
https://www.facebook.com/share/r/1EMffhaiKb/

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
City Council
Posts: 110956
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE
There is a sign up now for the last few days saying Coming soon Panda Express near Scooters.nebugeater wrote: ↑Wed Dec 10, 2025 6:00 amVery little activity that I see at the Baker's location. All dirt work and maybe some underground utility work.djc311 wrote: ↑Tue Dec 09, 2025 4:23 pmOur dr is moving to the new Methodist office that's due to open next month on the NE corner of 204th & Q. We'll just have to take Giles or Harrison to get there with Q still being all messed up.nebugeater wrote: ↑Tue Dec 09, 2025 12:57 pm
Just as likely, they want a place to park their construction equipment during winter weather. I am not holding my breath that anything opens soon. Glad there is the Gretna HyVee now, so we are not going to the one on 180th regularly like we used to. In addition, two daughters used to work there.
I haven't noticed any activity where the new Baker's store is suppose to go across the street on the west side of 204th. Have they started doing anything besides the dirt move at the fake ground breaking ceremony? I believe the Scooter's is open or almost open... and there's a FNBO ATM over there (I imagine that means they'll build a branch there in the near future). Isn't Panda Express due to build on that side as well?
It looks like they are starting on some prep work for a Bank at the FNBO ATM
Scooters is open.
The building that will have Goodfarthers in it is moving along, but a good amount to be even to the point of interior work.
I watch the parking lot of the Still and drive by often, and still never see many vehicles in the parking lot. Frequently seems like, from the Hwy, there is more activity at Bottles & Barrels.
I recall Grow Omaha reporting that Panda Express was coming to this area. Here is a screen capture from Grow Omaha. It looks like the address is 4815 South 205 Street so this is not in the Conventry development, but north of Q St somewhat across from Tommy's Express and Caseys
![]()
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
Planning Board
Posts: 2139
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha
Oh yeah, forgot about this - no one in my family likes Panda Express, but apparently many others do - LOL. Where's the Chick-fil-A going over on that side? I actually thought that's what was being started near Scooters.nebugeater wrote: ↑Thu Jun 04, 2026 7:14 amThere is a sign up now for the last few days saying Coming soon Panda Express near Scooters.nebugeater wrote: ↑Wed Dec 10, 2025 6:00 amVery little activity that I see at the Baker's location. All dirt work and maybe some underground utility work.djc311 wrote: ↑Tue Dec 09, 2025 4:23 pmOur dr is moving to the new Methodist office that's due to open next month on the NE corner of 204th & Q. We'll just have to take Giles or Harrison to get there with Q still being all messed up.nebugeater wrote: ↑Tue Dec 09, 2025 12:57 pm
Just as likely, they want a place to park their construction equipment during winter weather. I am not holding my breath that anything opens soon. Glad there is the Gretna HyVee now, so we are not going to the one on 180th regularly like we used to. In addition, two daughters used to work there.
I haven't noticed any activity where the new Baker's store is suppose to go across the street on the west side of 204th. Have they started doing anything besides the dirt move at the fake ground breaking ceremony? I believe the Scooter's is open or almost open... and there's a FNBO ATM over there (I imagine that means they'll build a branch there in the near future). Isn't Panda Express due to build on that side as well?
It looks like they are starting on some prep work for a Bank at the FNBO ATM
Scooters is open.
The building that will have Goodfarthers in it is moving along, but a good amount to be even to the point of interior work.
I watch the parking lot of the Still and drive by often, and still never see many vehicles in the parking lot. Frequently seems like, from the Hwy, there is more activity at Bottles & Barrels.
I recall Grow Omaha reporting that Panda Express was coming to this area. Here is a screen capture from Grow Omaha. It looks like the address is 4815 South 205 Street so this is not in the Conventry development, but north of Q St somewhat across from Tommy's Express and Caseys
![]()
Photographer
Posts: 1036562
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
New Baker's in Kensington. For the past 15+ years I don't think I have seen a single private business build an asphalt parking lot. This year I have now seen two. This one, it appears they actually used a rock base under the asphalt, which is good. Asphalt will last a lot longer if its laid on the rock. However most people lay it on the dirt to save money.
1. .
1. .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
Planning Board
Posts: 2139
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha
Just drove by it last night and was surprised to see how far along it appears. From the outside, it looks almost finished. However, I'm sure the interior work has barely started. This isn't slated to open until '27, correct? Where is the Chick-Fil-A going to be placed? I don't see any activity or construction for their restaurant yet (just Panda Express to the northeast of the Bakers building).Brad wrote: ↑Wed Jul 01, 2026 10:52 pm New Baker's in Kensington. For the past 15+ years I don't think I have seen a single private business build an asphalt parking lot. This year I have now seen two. This one, it appears they actually used a rock base under the asphalt, which is good. Asphalt will last a lot longer if its laid on the rock. However most people lay it on the dirt to save money.
1.
20260628881A2659.jpg
.
City Council
Posts: 11629
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Wow, and yes asphalt will not last long with all the salt that we use. I agree with you Brad, if they at the very least use a gravel base that should help, but with just dirt, they would be asking for all sorts of problems within the next 3-5 years if not sooner.
City Council
Posts: 110956
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE
Everything I have seen indicated a late 26 openingdjc311 wrote: ↑Thu Jul 02, 2026 8:25 amJust drove by it last night and was surprised to see how far along it appears. From the outside, it looks almost finished. However, I'm sure the interior work has barely started. This isn't slated to open until '27, correct? Where is the Chick-Fil-A going to be placed? I don't see any activity or construction for their restaurant yet (just Panda Express to the northeast of the Bakers building).Brad wrote: ↑Wed Jul 01, 2026 10:52 pm New Baker's in Kensington. For the past 15+ years I don't think I have seen a single private business build an asphalt parking lot. This year I have now seen two. This one, it appears they actually used a rock base under the asphalt, which is good. Asphalt will last a lot longer if its laid on the rock. However most people lay it on the dirt to save money.
1.
20260628881A2659.jpg
.
Edit
The last grow omaha mention says by the end of the year too.
https://growomaha.com/project/bakers-su ... n-204th-q/
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
Human Relations
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:54 am
Location: Omaha, NE
Asphalt is easy to redo and doesn't look terrible like concrete does. I mean this sincerely, our roads are the ugliest roads in the country. I don't think we have a single pristine curb anywhere in the city. Weeds and chunks of broken concrete everywhere.
I'm guessing the shift to asphalt is a recognition that nothing lasts long here through a Nebraska winter, so you may as well go with something that's cheap and easy to redo frequently so that your business doesn't look shabby.
I'm guessing the shift to asphalt is a recognition that nothing lasts long here through a Nebraska winter, so you may as well go with something that's cheap and easy to redo frequently so that your business doesn't look shabby.
Photographer
Posts: 1036562
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
All of it would last longer if it was actually maintained. Killing the weeds, sealing the cracks, etc.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
City Council
Posts: 11629
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Not to derail the thread too much but I go to Wisconsin every summer and their roads are for the most part in much better condition and they have much harsher winters. I don’t know but it makes me think the materials they use here aren’t great. Remember 144th st completely falling apart in only 10 years. Look at the streets and sidewalks in Aksarben, they are horrible until they recently resurfaced the streets. I know that they put down salt on the sidewalks so thick nearly everyday in the winter and then they blow it off with a leaf blower every day as well. That is also why they are constantly replacing the grass near the sidewalk as well.
City Council
Posts: 110956
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE
Harsher winters also mean fewer freeze-thaw cycles.skinzfan23 wrote: ↑Thu Jul 02, 2026 12:31 pm Not to derail the thread too much but I go to Wisconsin every summer and their roads are for the most part in much better condition and they have much harsher winters. I don’t know but it makes me think the materials they use here aren’t great. Remember 144th st completely falling apart in only 10 years. Look at the streets and sidewalks in Aksarben, they are horrible until they recently resurfaced the streets. I know that they put down salt on the sidewalks so thick nearly everyday in the winter and then they blow it off with a leaf blower every day as well. That is also why they are constantly replacing the grass near the sidewalk as well.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
Home Owners Association
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:21 am
I will never understand how these parking lots get approved without a few trees and plants dividing them up. Not only does it look nicer but helps with safety and keeps the takeover kids away.