Fast Food Talk Thread
-
ChadJK
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2504
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm
Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Jimmy John's)
Jimmy John's is great if you want a fairly basic sandwich quickly. If you prefer hot sandwiches (cheesesteak, meatball, etc.) then it's probably not for you.
My biggest disappointment with Jimmy John's (and Subway too) is their lack of a selection of good cheeses. Maybe I want sharp cheddar on my sandwich or real Swiss cheese (not some sad processed equivalent). I'm always bummed by the lack of cheese choices.
My biggest disappointment with Jimmy John's (and Subway too) is their lack of a selection of good cheeses. Maybe I want sharp cheddar on my sandwich or real Swiss cheese (not some sad processed equivalent). I'm always bummed by the lack of cheese choices.
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11629
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Re: Fast Food Talk Thread
That is one thing I really used to like at Blimpie’s, they would slice the meat and cheese fresh right in front of you.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036562
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Fast Food Talk Thread
Little King still does that. It sounds like nails on a chalkboard, but they still slice it right there.skinzfan23 wrote: Wed Apr 09, 2025 1:37 pm That is one thing I really used to like at Blimpie’s, they would slice the meat and cheese fresh right in front of you.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11629
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Re: Fast Food Talk Thread
I haven’t been to Little King in a long time, but I did get a sandwich for my wife there last year and I think they charged either two dollars or $2.50 for a slice of cheese, which I thought was outrageous
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036562
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Fast Food Talk Thread
That's worse than Chipotle charging $3 for Guacamole...skinzfan23 wrote: Wed Apr 09, 2025 1:49 pm I haven’t been to Little King in a long time, but I did get a sandwich for my wife there last year and I think they charged either two dollars or $2.50 for a slice of cheese, which I thought was outrageous
I was thinking more about how convenient the Jimmy John's app is. Right on the front page of the app, they have your last 5 orders and you can tap "order again" right there. A coupe more taps for apple pay and you can order a sandwich in 10-15 seconds. On the other hand, Qdoba makes you go through the whole process every time, doesn't use apple pay, and most of the time logs you out of the app between uses...Brad wrote: Tue Apr 08, 2025 11:30 am That's said, I don't go to JJ because they have great sandwiches, I go because its so convenient. I can order on the app (which actually uses apple pay unlike some others that still live in 2019 and want you to save a credit card in the app)

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
bbinks
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1552
- Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:10 pm
Re: Fast Food Talk Thread
On the charging for things, Dominos no longer has the free packets of cheese and pepper flakes. You can buy a small canister (similar in size to the small Tones spices) for $1. Yeah, it's only $1, but frugality showing. Imagine if Taco Bell stopped handling out a handful of sauce and charged for them.
-
Padre
- Human Relations
- Posts: 929
- Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 pm
- Location: Omaha
Re: Fast Food Talk Thread
When I worked for Dominoes many years ago, the managers used to hate those packets, as they drove up food costs. We’d get lectured. “Give them out if people ask, but don’t offer them!”bbinks wrote: Fri Apr 11, 2025 1:21 pm On the charging for things, Dominos no longer has the free packets of cheese and pepper flakes. You can buy a small canister (similar in size to the small Tones spices) for $1. Yeah, it's only $1, but frugality showing. Imagine if Taco Bell stopped handling out a handful of sauce and charged for them.
As for Taco Bell, it always makes me laugh, when you ask for 2 and get 10! The extra breakfast salsa is good on frozen burritos, so I’m not complaining!
-
swinquest
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 191
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:46 pm
Re: Fast Food Talk Thread
I won't complain either - my son will use the sauce packets on frozen enchilada's.....likes them better than the bottled sauces.
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7328
- Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: Fast Food Talk Thread
Popeyes has a new "pickle menu"... With items such as a pickle glazed chicken sandwich, pickle glazed chicken wings, fried pickles, and... Pickle lemonade.
I mean, I like pickles. I always have a couple different jars in the house. I'm intrigued. It just feels like to me, that's really pushing the limits. I like the idea, but I'm surprised. I always thought people were generally not super keen on pickles. I think I may have to try some of these items. Will you try them?
I just don't know about pickle lemonade lol. But again, I'm intrigued, and might try it.
I mean, I like pickles. I always have a couple different jars in the house. I'm intrigued. It just feels like to me, that's really pushing the limits. I like the idea, but I'm surprised. I always thought people were generally not super keen on pickles. I think I may have to try some of these items. Will you try them?
I just don't know about pickle lemonade lol. But again, I'm intrigued, and might try it.
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7328
- Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: Fast Food Talk Thread
So I'm currently in a position of needing to pinch pennies, and I stopped by Abelardo's last night. I figured 5 rolled taquitos with guacamole and cheese would be a frugal choice... Nope. I didn't look at the price, I just made that choice based on the last time I had them, and I remember them being one of the cheaper items. Got to the window and lady tells me "8.??" My jaw figuratively dropped and I had that feeling you get when you hit a super huge pot hole. I was expecting maybe $5 something.
I swallowed it anyway and forked over the money. But damn, they're a side! $8 used to buy you two tacos, rice, and beans. I think last time I bought that, it ended up 12 or 13 dollars. Abelardo's used to be a place to go for good and cheap eats, not anymore apparently.
Oh, and almost forgot to mention, the taquitos sucked... ton of cheese, barely any guacamole, taquitos were all corn tortilla, and I struggled to find any filling. Like in hindsight, I'd have rather stopped at Walmart and got a box of great value taquitos and an avocado and been much more satisfied. In fact I may stop by there today just to confirm it to myself that great value taquitos are a world better than what I got served to me last night. SMH. I think something changed over at Abelardo's. I used to be endeared by that place, but lately, it's just been lower quality and way higher price. I miss the old Alvarado's.
I swallowed it anyway and forked over the money. But damn, they're a side! $8 used to buy you two tacos, rice, and beans. I think last time I bought that, it ended up 12 or 13 dollars. Abelardo's used to be a place to go for good and cheap eats, not anymore apparently.
Oh, and almost forgot to mention, the taquitos sucked... ton of cheese, barely any guacamole, taquitos were all corn tortilla, and I struggled to find any filling. Like in hindsight, I'd have rather stopped at Walmart and got a box of great value taquitos and an avocado and been much more satisfied. In fact I may stop by there today just to confirm it to myself that great value taquitos are a world better than what I got served to me last night. SMH. I think something changed over at Abelardo's. I used to be endeared by that place, but lately, it's just been lower quality and way higher price. I miss the old Alvarado's.
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7328
- Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: Fast Food Talk Thread
Watching the race, and Wendy's is really pushing advertising with NASCAR, pushing their frosty.
With all the variations they've come out, how have they not come out with a bacon frosty?
I'd totally go for a bacon vanilla caramel swirl frosty.
With all the variations they've come out, how have they not come out with a bacon frosty?
I'd totally go for a bacon vanilla caramel swirl frosty.
-
ChadJK
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2504
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm
Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Burger King)
I hear the Burger King at 4460 Dodge St has closed.
Their website seems to agree: https://www.bk.com/store-locator/store/restaurant_403
Their website seems to agree: https://www.bk.com/store-locator/store/restaurant_403
-
Padre
- Human Relations
- Posts: 929
- Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 pm
- Location: Omaha
Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Burger King)
That was actually one of the better run ones in the area. The BK at 72nd and Blondo was horrible.ChadJK wrote: Fri May 02, 2025 3:02 pm I hear the Burger King at 4460 Dodge St has closed.
Their website seems to agree: https://www.bk.com/store-locator/store/restaurant_403
-
Padre
- Human Relations
- Posts: 929
- Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 pm
- Location: Omaha
Re: Fast Food Talk Thread
And the BK at 4404 N 60th Street caught on fire! It’s not been a good couple days for Omaha Burger Kings.
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110956
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Fast Food Talk Thread
Well they do market as flame broiledPadre wrote: Sat May 03, 2025 3:26 pm And the BK at 4404 N 60th Street caught on fire! It’s not been a good couple days for Omaha Burger Kings.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7328
- Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Burger King)
Maybe they'll get better. I remember 76th & Dodge was the worst one I knew of for a while, now its the best I can think of (of course, out of the ones I visit). All it takes is a competent GM and its like night and day. I do have to agree, 72nd & Blondo is one I currently avoid. It's just in kind of an awkward spot. Just like the DQ next door. MAC Donald's really hit the slam dunk with that move from Lake Street to Blondo. ALWAYS poppin, while BK is just laying in the shadows, barely even know they're open.Padre wrote: Fri May 02, 2025 9:13 pmThat was actually one of the better run ones in the area. The BK at 72nd and Blondo was horrible.ChadJK wrote: Fri May 02, 2025 3:02 pm I hear the Burger King at 4460 Dodge St has closed.
Their website seems to agree: https://www.bk.com/store-locator/store/restaurant_403
-
swinquest
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 191
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:46 pm
Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Burger King)
Not sure if this is posted anywhere, but it appears that this location is showing available to lease. Drove by it yesterday and the signs are already down and there is a dumpster outside.Busguy2010 wrote: Sun May 04, 2025 11:01 pmMaybe they'll get better. I remember 76th & Dodge was the worst one I knew of for a while, now its the best I can think of (of course, out of the ones I visit). All it takes is a competent GM and its like night and day. I do have to agree, 72nd & Blondo is one I currently avoid. It's just in kind of an awkward spot. Just like the DQ next door. MAC Donald's really hit the slam dunk with that move from Lake Street to Blondo. ALWAYS poppin, while BK is just laying in the shadows, barely even know they're open.Padre wrote: Fri May 02, 2025 9:13 pmThat was actually one of the better run ones in the area. The BK at 72nd and Blondo was horrible.ChadJK wrote: Fri May 02, 2025 3:02 pm I hear the Burger King at 4460 Dodge St has closed.
Their website seems to agree: https://www.bk.com/store-locator/store/restaurant_403
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110956
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Fast Food Talk Thread
I had not eaten at a BK for a long time, so yesterday at Noon, I went to one in Fremont. It was not a pleasant experience. It was not busy, but I had to wait too long for the food. Even after what I assumed was a wait to prepare it, the burger was cool to almost cold. The fries were an OK temperature, but probably 1/3 of them were hard, even though they did not appear to be burnt or overcooked.
Cleanliness at the drink filling station and many empty seats left much to be desired. Don't want to know what it looked like in the back.
Cleanliness at the drink filling station and many empty seats left much to be desired. Don't want to know what it looked like in the back.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
djc311
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2139
- Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
- Location: Omaha
Re: Fast Food Talk Thread
I thought most of the crappy-run BK restaurants in Omaha were turned back over to corporate because the last franchisee sucked. Obviously that must not be the case or they simply don't do any better.
The one on 178th & Center in front of Target is awful, too. Went inside a few weeks ago (unfortunately) to get breakfast. The drink station was a disaster, we were the only 3 people in the store eating and it looked like they had 2 people in the back working.
Food was "ok"... but definitely something I'd enjoy sitting in a parking lot eating rather than at their sticky tables inside.
Honestly, I would not lose any sleep if all of them disappeared from the metro. Turn them into Jack in the Box, Whattaburger, or anything but BKs IMO. I know that won't happen, but man they're terrible!
The one on 178th & Center in front of Target is awful, too. Went inside a few weeks ago (unfortunately) to get breakfast. The drink station was a disaster, we were the only 3 people in the store eating and it looked like they had 2 people in the back working.
Food was "ok"... but definitely something I'd enjoy sitting in a parking lot eating rather than at their sticky tables inside.
Honestly, I would not lose any sleep if all of them disappeared from the metro. Turn them into Jack in the Box, Whattaburger, or anything but BKs IMO. I know that won't happen, but man they're terrible!
-
swinquest
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 191
- Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:46 pm
Re: Fast Food Talk Thread
I'd vote for Jack in the Box.....we tend to go there when traveling.
-
ricko
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1452
- Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:54 pm
Re: Burger King at 114th and West Dodge (Closed)
Agreed. Burger King has been on the skids for a while now. It was the bomb when they arrived in Omaha 50+ years ago—-left McD in the dust, quality wise. I’ve tried them maybe twice in the last 30 years. Walked in to one about 5 years ago around lunch time (Springfield, Va.) and no one was in the dining area or behind the counter. I almost walked out. Tried them again last year (Centreville Va.), and my whopper had mold on the bun. Never again.nativeomahan wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:04 am I’m not often given to eating fast food, but if a Popeye’s were to take over this defunct BK location I would not complain.
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8991
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Re: Burger King at 114th and West Dodge (Closed)
There is a new Popeye's under construction south of 168th and Maple.nativeomahan wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:04 am I’m not often given to eating fast food, but if a Popeye’s were to take over this defunct BK location I would not complain.
-
BRoss
- IT Director
- Posts: 10003378
- Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
- Location: West Central Omaha
Re: Fast Food Talk Thread
I worked at that location 20 years ago (that makes me old typing that
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7328
- Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: Fast Food Talk Thread
I went there once. Like 15 years ago. I Don't really remember exactly all I got, but it included a crappy taco, and a case of food poisoning. All I remember about it was It sucked and I puked it up.swinquest wrote: Tue May 06, 2025 11:35 am I'd vote for Jack in the Box.....we tend to go there when traveling.
Not saying the Burger Kings around here are any better, but I don't think I'd visit any of the locations any more than I do if they were flipped into Jack in the box.
I've visited BK maybe like 5 times since October, and all of the food I've gotten has been rather good. I've gone to 76th & Dodge, and 90th & Bedford. I usually only go there if they come out with something new and intriguing, which I have to hand it to them, they seem to excel at that more that many of the other fast food places.
I haven't had a lot of fast food lately, cause dang, you're spending in the $12 range just for one meal. Though I have seen more ads from lots of places for what sounds like an appeal to lower price points lately.
I just really don't like to sit in line for any amount of time, so I tend to only eat fast food when I'm near a place that sounds good, and I see they're not busy. BK usually seems to fit that description more often than the rest in my experience.
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7328
- Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: Fast Food Talk Thread (Burger King)
Huh, I wouldnt necessarily be surprised, but that location is still suggested to me in the app. Not that that means anything, like I said, half the time they were barely open anyway.swinquest wrote: Tue May 06, 2025 9:01 amNot sure if this is posted anywhere, but it appears that this location is showing available to lease. Drove by it yesterday and the signs are already down and there is a dumpster outside.Busguy2010 wrote: Sun May 04, 2025 11:01 pmMaybe they'll get better. I remember 76th & Dodge was the worst one I knew of for a while, now its the best I can think of (of course, out of the ones I visit). All it takes is a competent GM and its like night and day. I do have to agree, 72nd & Blondo is one I currently avoid. It's just in kind of an awkward spot. Just like the DQ next door. MAC Donald's really hit the slam dunk with that move from Lake Street to Blondo. ALWAYS poppin, while BK is just laying in the shadows, barely even know they're open.Padre wrote: Fri May 02, 2025 9:13 pmThat was actually one of the better run ones in the area. The BK at 72nd and Blondo was horrible.ChadJK wrote: Fri May 02, 2025 3:02 pm I hear the Burger King at 4460 Dodge St has closed.
Their website seems to agree: https://www.bk.com/store-locator/store/restaurant_403
I will bet having that McDonald's next door really put the foot on their neck. That, and being poorly run. Not a good look for BK lately.
Though I also don't understand how McDonald's is still so popular that theres always a line wrapped around the building either. I used to be big on McDonald's until their prices went up big time. Last time I ate there I just got my favorite Big Mac meal. Well sure, I added two patties to make it feel like I was eating something, and the darn thing set me back $13 something. I mean, it was good, but not THAT good. Plus the size of the patties was just basically a joke I remember the days they were like 4 bucks, and they even were BOGO and halfway decently filling. It's been a hard pass for me on Micky D's running on a good couple years.
-
Padre
- Human Relations
- Posts: 929
- Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 pm
- Location: Omaha
Re: Fast Food Talk Thread
Can’t help you on the size of the McDonald’s patties, but I do have a couple suggestions for taking the price down.
Use the app. You can get some good deals, and the points add up.
And don’t order off the “Value” menu. You can often put it together cheaper yourself.
Use the app. You can get some good deals, and the points add up.
And don’t order off the “Value” menu. You can often put it together cheaper yourself.
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Re: Burger King at 114th and West Dodge (Closed)
Burger King is hot garbage..I’d hope most folks know that by now..ricko wrote: Tue May 06, 2025 11:52 amAgreed. Burger King has been on the skids for a while now. It was the bomb when they arrived in Omaha 50+ years ago—-left McD in the dust, quality wise. I’ve tried them maybe twice in the last 30 years. Walked in to one about 5 years ago around lunch time (Springfield, Va.) and no one was in the dining area or behind the counter. I almost walked out. Tried them again last year (Centreville Va.), and my whopper had mold on the bun. Never again.nativeomahan wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:04 am I’m not often given to eating fast food, but if a Popeye’s were to take over this defunct BK location I would not complain.
But I agree- back in the day- the 70’s into the 80’s, It was pretty good..never great..but pretty good…
Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Re: Fast Food Talk Thread
Enter at your own risk, LOL..nebugeater wrote: Tue May 06, 2025 9:36 am I had not eaten at a BK for a long time, so yesterday at Noon, I went to one in Fremont. It was not a pleasant experience. It was not busy, but I had to wait too long for the food. Even after what I assumed was a wait to prepare it, the burger was cool to almost cold. The fries were an OK temperature, but probably 1/3 of them were hard, even though they did not appear to be burnt or overcooked.
Cleanliness at the drink filling station and many empty seats left much to be desired. Don't want to know what it looked like in the back.
The fact that Burger King is hot garbage is no surprise to anyone at this point.. McDonald’s as well…
Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7328
- Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: Fast Food Talk Thread
I think I know why they push the app and ordering kiosks, I just don't like it. Its so impersonal, McDonald's is the best at that. They've been just so "meh" the last several years. I mean sure, you can count on it being the same. There's security in reliability. But I remember like not even 5, 10, 15 years ago they were tryin new angles, or at least making an effort to be different. They were like the last to the party at that spicy chicken sandwich war that Popeyes started, and when they finally showed up, the party was over.
I guess they're just sitting on being #1, I just find them boring. I could probably name 10 or more items they had in the not so distant past, that were regular menu items, that I loved, and they scrapped, I guess in favor of repeatability. McDonald's tends to not take risks or do anything exciting. And well, I guess they don't need to.
I guess they're just sitting on being #1, I just find them boring. I could probably name 10 or more items they had in the not so distant past, that were regular menu items, that I loved, and they scrapped, I guess in favor of repeatability. McDonald's tends to not take risks or do anything exciting. And well, I guess they don't need to.
-
GenX
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1230
- Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:16 pm
- Location: Omaha
Re: Burger King at 114th and West Dodge (Closed)
The one in Lincoln at 14th & (now old) Hwy 2 was pretty solid around 2011, but of course, they closed that location…
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6013
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Re: Burger King at 114th and West Dodge (Closed)
Could this please be a first indication that people are turning their back on junk food?
-
Padre
- Human Relations
- Posts: 929
- Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 pm
- Location: Omaha
Re: Burger King at 114th and West Dodge (Closed)
Probably not. Maybe on badly run junk food.nativeomahan wrote: Sun May 11, 2025 8:15 am Could this please be a first indication that people are turning their back on junk food?
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
Re: Burger King at 114th and West Dodge (Closed)
FFS, right? There are two accceptable fast food orders:nativeomahan wrote: Sun May 11, 2025 8:15 am Could this please be a first indication that people are turning their back on junk food?
1) Runza fries
2) Popeye's hot chicken sando
Anything else not ordered drunk or hungover, you need to check yourself into some sort of rehab.
Edit: 3) ShakeShack double smoke, but ONLY in a US airport or train station.
Stable genius.
-
nebport5
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2803
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:13 pm
- Location: 68102
Re: Burger King at 114th and West Dodge (Closed)
Big E wrote: Sun May 11, 2025 9:07 pmFFS, right? There are two accceptable fast food orders:nativeomahan wrote: Sun May 11, 2025 8:15 am Could this please be a first indication that people are turning their back on junk food?
1) Runza fries
2) Popeye's hot chicken sando
Anything else not ordered drunk or hungover, you need to check yourself into some sort of rehab.
Edit: 3) ShakeShack double smoke, but ONLY in a US airport or train station.
+1 Runza Fries
I could also make allowances for:
-Smash Burger Fries (garlic, rosemary & olive oil)
-Hardee’s bacon & egg biscuit (acceptable breakfast in a time crunch)
-Long John’s batter dipped chicken planks (If I’m traveling and options are obviously limited or of course significant intoxication)
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110956
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Burger King at 114th and West Dodge (Closed)
Runza Onion Rings
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
omaha79
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1635
- Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:46 pm
Re: Burger King at 114th and West Dodge (Closed)
I remember around 2006 or so, my co-worker got glass in his fries at the BK on roughly 30th and Dodge. We all had a good merry laugh. What fun.
-
Padre
- Human Relations
- Posts: 929
- Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 pm
- Location: Omaha
Re: Fast Food Talk Thread
I’m beginning to like the impersonal. About the only thing I go to BK for are the breakfast sandwiches. They have a deal where you can get 2 for $5.Busguy2010 wrote: Wed May 07, 2025 1:54 am I think I know why they push the app and ordering kiosks, I just don't like it. It’s so impersonal,
So I went through the drive thru and ordered two breakfast sandwiches and a small hash browns. They said the total was over $13! When I questioned them, saying it says 2 for $5 on the screen in front of me, I was told “Well, you have to ask for it that way.”
Really?!
-
djc311
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2139
- Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
- Location: Omaha
Re: Fast Food Talk Thread
That's ridiculous - I went through a Wendy's a few weeks ago as they had their "Son of Baconator" advertised on TV for $3. I like that burger, especially for $3... the commercial I saw said nothing about ordering in the app.Padre wrote: Tue May 13, 2025 10:21 amI’m beginning to like the impersonal. About the only thing I go to BK for are the breakfast sandwiches. They have a deal where you can get 2 for $5.Busguy2010 wrote: Wed May 07, 2025 1:54 am I think I know why they push the app and ordering kiosks, I just don't like it. It’s so impersonal,
So I went through the drive thru and ordered two breakfast sandwiches and a small hash browns. They said the total was over $13! When I questioned them, saying it says 2 for $5 on the screen in front of me, I was told “Well, you have to ask for it that way.”
Really?!
I drove up to the drive thru box and I asked for it by price and they told me I had to use the app to get it for that cost. I was like WOW. I left.
I do understand and realize there are app-based specials. I order from McDonald's through the app to get the 20% off almost always... so it's not a huge deal. But IMO it was either laziness or being unfamiliar with the offer. Regardless, it's not my job to train them how to do theirs. And even if it's only a few bucks more, it's not worth it to me to order it.
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11629
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Re: Fast Food Talk Thread
I use the app for Taco Bell all the time, you get points and the food is about 1/2 the price. Plus, the nice thing is once you pull up, you just say your name and then pull forward.
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7328
- Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: Fast Food Talk Thread
I dont like the apps because the timing is never right. You never know how busy these places are when you make an order, so its unpredictable whether you'll be in a line and your food is sitting cold, they just make it right away even if you choose a pickup time, or it isnt ready by the pickup time, even if you choose a time that's reasonably far in advance. Then they push the app by only offering prices through it. That's pretty bogus. So that's why I really only get fast food if I drive by a place that isnt busy.