FedEx

News and releases from metro area businesses
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

FedEx

Post by ChadJK »

I see FedEx is on the Nebraska WARN stating 102 employees will be affected by the closing and relocation of its 7130 Q Street location.
https://dol.nebraska.gov/ReemploymentSe ... sizingWARN
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036557
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: FedEx

Post by Brad »

I got an email about this and it said please visit our location on 370 out by Gretna…. I’m not sure why they think I would drive almost to Gretna when there’s still location at 72nd and Dodge as well as 114th and Dodge.
User avatar
BRoss
IT Director
Posts: 10003378
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: West Central Omaha

Re: FedEx

Post by BRoss »

Amazingly the OWH actually reported on this a week and half ago - https://omaha.com/news/local/business/a ... 0f2d2.html
Chris Machian, The World-Herald wrote: FedEx announced it will close one of its Omaha facilities this fall.

The FedEx Ship Center at 7130 Q St. in Omaha is scheduled to close in September.

The FedEx Ship Center at 7130 Q St. will close in September as the shipping company undergoes a multi-year network transformation.

The 102 employees at the facility were notified of the closure several months ago, and many will be offered other roles within the company, Sarah Rose Watkins, a FedEx spokesperson, said in a statement. Watkins did not provide exact numbers on how many employees would be laid off.

“Over the past three years, we’ve been undergoing a significant network transformation — called Network 2.0 — to improve how we pick up, transport and deliver packages across the U.S. and Canada,” Watkins said. “This initiative aims to simplify service with a ‘one van, one neighborhood’ model, enhancing efficiency and customer experience.”

...

The closest FedEx store to Q Street is at 72nd and Farnam Streets.
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: FedEx

Post by ChadJK »

Brad wrote: Tue Jul 08, 2025 6:00 pm I got an email about this and it said please visit our location on 370 out by Gretna…. I’m not sure why they think I would drive almost to Gretna when there’s still location at 72nd and Dodge as well as 114th and Dodge.
For most stuff, you can just visit the FedEx Office location nearest you. However, there are some things you have to go to the local sort facility/hub for. For example, years ago I had a high priority package and missed delivery. I called FedEx and they said they could pull it from the truck and I could pick it up at the hub that evening after the truck returned. So, for things like that you would need to go to their 150th & Hwy 370 facility.

They currently run FedEx Ground and FedEx Express as separate businesses, but I hear they're suppose to be merging those. They have an interesting way to doing deliveries, They contract "final mile" out to various contractors (who drive FedEx branded trucks and wear FedEx shirts, so it's not noticeable to the average Joe). I always heard it was done to avoid the union issues that periodically plague UPS.