Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110948
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by nebugeater »

skinzfan23 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 12:18 pm That looks like another great addition. I really do wonder at what point they might expand their operations even further. This year is the longest season that they have ever had, they open tomorrow and are open until Nov 3rd.

My kids are going to love this ride.

I know people always complain about the price, but we just recently went to the zoo and the carousel is $4/person to ride. So that would be $12 just for my kids to ride a 2-3 min ride. At least at Vala's we can get the season pass and if you go during a weeknight early in the season, you can ride their carousel several times included with admission price.
Their prices are OK, IMO, because they continue to invest in their property and attractions. I don't go as often as when the kids were younger, but I have also felt like they had plenty of staff, and that can be very difficult with a seasonal operation.

IF these these things were not the case, then their may be some room to talk about price, but that is not the case.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (Gretna)

Post by ChadJK »

2024 Vala's Smoked Turkey Legs are $15. My brother is a big fan of them everywhere they're sold. I usually hit up Vala's earlier in the season than he does and so several years ago I got into the habit of texting him what the new price was and it's sort of become this game of, "How much is Vala's charging for a turkey leg this year?!" It seems like every other year they bump them $1.
Last edited by ChadJK on Tue Jul 22, 2025 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stan
Library Board
Posts: 461
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by Stan »

ChadJK wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 8:46 am 2024 Vala's Smoked Turkey Legs are $15. My brother is a big fan of them everywhere they're sold. I usually hit up Vala's earlier in the season than he does and so several years ago I got into the habit of texting him what the new price was and it's sort of become this game of, "How much is Vala's charging for a turkey leg this year?!" It seems like every other year they bump them $1.
A turkey leg is always my main priority when I go to Vala's. Though I could have swore they were roughly $15 for many years now, but maybe I just completely ignore the price for the sake of satisfying my craving.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036556
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by Brad »

Lets get to the real food... LOL Do they still have sausage on a stick?
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110948
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 10:48 am Lets get to the real food... LOL Do they still have sausage on a stick?
.... as opposed to "poltry on a bone?"
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
almighty_tuna
City Council
Posts: 106375
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by almighty_tuna »

nebugeater wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 12:35 pm
Brad wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 10:48 am Lets get to the real food... LOL Do they still have sausage on a stick?
.... as opposed to "poltry on a bone?"
That's some fowl humor right there...
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036556
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by Brad »

almighty_tuna wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 12:39 pm
nebugeater wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 12:35 pm
Brad wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 10:48 am Lets get to the real food... LOL Do they still have sausage on a stick?
.... as opposed to "poltry on a bone?"
That's some fowl humor right there...
LOL
WBR_Tom
Home Owners Association
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:02 pm
Location: Papillion, Omaha, and Everything in Between

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by WBR_Tom »

Echoing other theme parks and malls in the region, Vala's now has a Chaperone Policy after 4:00pm, effective immediately:

"For the safety of all our guests, Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard will be enforcing a Chaperone Policy beginning Friday, September 13th. Starting at 4pm every day, visitors 14 and under must be supervised by an adult 21 or over. We hope this policy will help ensure a safe and enjoyable visit for all our guests."

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/Tgt7zcJuDWKsbADp/

Not sure if there was something specific that sparked the change or not, but we were there two weeks ago and it felt overrun by groups of rowdy teens with no supervision. And yeah, I fully realize that I sound a million years old by typing that. :lol: But as the parent of a four-year old I'm comfortable with that perception. When we were there on season pass night, we saw too many little kids (under 5) getting hurt and overrun by 13 and 14 year olds on the attractions intended for little kids. One group turned the peddle trikes into a demolition derby smashing into each other, with little kids (including ours) caught in the crossfire. Staff tried to get it under control but they were wildly outnumbered. While we were in line for the antique cars we saw another group intentionally running cars up on the people in front of them and bumping them, and the actually shut the ride down to throw them off. It'll be tough to enforce, and the Facebook comments are full of negative feedback from parents of older kids, but it was probably just a matter of time. Worlds of Fun instituted a similar policy last year.
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11629
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by skinzfan23 »

Yes, I think that is a great policy to have. Probably should extend it to 16 years or younger. I have witnessed the stuff you talked about many times. While Vala's has a huge amount of staff, there is no way they can be everywhere watching these hooligans. Its a shame that they have to ruin a place like this.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110948
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by nebugeater »

I may be mixing it up with something else, but I thought they had that on weekends only last season.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (Gretna)

Post by ChadJK »

Parents buy their kids a season pass and then turn Vala's into a babysitting service. They do they same thing at public pools with summer pool passes. They drop their kid off there for a few hours and let the employees/lifeguards babysit them.

I suppose my parents sort of did the same when they dropped me off at the mall.
Last edited by ChadJK on Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8989
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by Greg S »

Was there last Friday. Something that I don't think that has been mentioned is they did a pretty thorough upgrade/renovation to the Haunted Farmhouse.
Stan
Library Board
Posts: 461
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:55 am

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by Stan »

Greg S wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 7:55 am Was there last Friday. Something that I don't think that has been mentioned is they did a pretty thorough upgrade/renovation to the Haunted Farmhouse.
That's good to hear. It seems like much of it has been the same for decades.
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11629
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by skinzfan23 »

Greg S wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 7:55 am Was there last Friday. Something that I don't think that has been mentioned is they did a pretty thorough upgrade/renovation to the Haunted Farmhouse.
Really? Did they add some new things or just clean it up? I really like the Lost Pumpkin Mine, but it would be nice if they touched up a few things in there as well.
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2138
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by djc311 »

skinzfan23 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:31 am
Greg S wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 7:55 am Was there last Friday. Something that I don't think that has been mentioned is they did a pretty thorough upgrade/renovation to the Haunted Farmhouse.
Really? Did they add some new things or just clean it up? I really like the Lost Pumpkin Mine, but it would be nice if they touched up a few things in there as well.
Their homemade panty hose mine workers always creeped me out as a kid... looked like something you'd find in an old attic. Maybe that was intentional, LOL... but they haven't changed those in decades and it shows by the amount of dirt and dust on them.

I also have always been disappointed they never bother fixing the motorized carts that drove on the track. My kids didn't even know they actually once moved around; I think they've been dead for 20-30 years by now.

Simple things but given their nearly $50 admission on weekends in Oct I would think they could fix the "little things". Plus they've put millions into other portions of the property over the past 2-3 years with the brewery and rides... spend a few grand on some of your old features and bring them into the 21st century.
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11629
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by skinzfan23 »

I agree with a little updating, although, sometimes the nostalgic look and feel is good too. My kids think, that although it looks newer now, the scarecrow band was better before....haha.
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8989
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by Greg S »

skinzfan23 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:31 am
Greg S wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 7:55 am Was there last Friday. Something that I don't think that has been mentioned is they did a pretty thorough upgrade/renovation to the Haunted Farmhouse.
Really? Did they add some new things or just clean it up? I really like the Lost Pumpkin Mine, but it would be nice if they touched up a few things in there as well.
They really changed it up including the outside (added new screens).
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11629
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by skinzfan23 »

Went to Vala’s tonight. Can honestly say Monday is the day to go if you don’t want crowds. Almost everything was still open and my kids didn’t have to wait in lines to ride the attractions. Great time to enjoy all it has to offer. This place still amazes me, something new every single year and the staff all do an amazing job!
User avatar
Garrett
County Board
Posts: 4692
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by Garrett »

Looks like the fire nearby yesterday has them spooked. Vala’s just posted on Facebook that they’re stopping private bonfires until there’s rain, they’re cancelling fireworks, the corn maze is closed, and there’s a strict smoking ban.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (Gretna)

Post by ChadJK »

Vala's is selling Thanksgiving pies:
https://valaspumpkinpatch.com/events/th ... ng-market/

(stolen from r/Omaha)
Last edited by ChadJK on Tue Jul 22, 2025 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (Gretna)

Post by ChadJK »

Vala's Flash Sale for 15% Off Season Passes runs from 7/24/2025 6:00 AM until 7/25/2025 at 11:00 PM.
https://www.simpletix.com/e/2025-flash- ... ets-219897
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11629
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Vala's

Post by skinzfan23 »

skinzfan23 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:43 pm
Updating the prices from recent previous years:

2015 $ 16.99
2016 $ 17.99
2017 $ 18.95
2018 $ 21.95
2019 $ 23.95
2020 $ 25.95
2021 $ 29.95
2022:$ 39.99
2023:$ 43.99
2024:$39.99
2025: $42.99

You can buy online for $38.69.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1552
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:10 pm

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by bbinks »

At what point will inflation drive people away. Wages unfortunately aren't linear to cost of living.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110948
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by nebugeater »

bbinks wrote: Thu Jul 24, 2025 1:22 pm At what point will inflation drive people away. Wages unfortunately aren't linear to cost of living.
Based on the lines of vehicles I see entering and leaving in season last year I do not believe they are there yet
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1278
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:35 pm
Location: Montgomery County, Texas

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by damonhynes »

nebugeater wrote: Thu Jul 24, 2025 1:30 pm
bbinks wrote: Thu Jul 24, 2025 1:22 pm At what point will inflation drive people away. Wages unfortunately aren't linear to cost of living.
Based on the lines of vehicles I see entering and leaving in season last year I do not believe they are there yet
I'm curious about when the family will decide that the property taxes have become untenable. I also don't believe

Peak Warehouse
Peak Server Farm
Peak McMansion

has been achieved yet, as well. Someone will make the Valas an offer they can't refuse.
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8989
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by Greg S »

nebugeater wrote: Thu Jul 24, 2025 1:30 pm
bbinks wrote: Thu Jul 24, 2025 1:22 pm At what point will inflation drive people away. Wages unfortunately aren't linear to cost of living.
Based on the lines of vehicles I see entering and leaving in season last year I do not believe they are there yet
Yeah I have a friend that has worked PT there for the last few years and he said it was still really busy last year (except on bad weather days). Also remember that looking at those earlier prices, that was when many things were paid for separately (like the train) that are now included with the price of admission.

Greg
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11629
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by skinzfan23 »

Vala's has another new ride this year. They are technically revealing it on Monday, but looking at their map on their webpage, it appears to be a tree swing ride out by the classic cars ride.

I say it every year, but it is amazing that they continue to add new things every year.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7327
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by Busguy2010 »

skinzfan23 wrote: Fri Aug 15, 2025 2:37 pm Vala's has another new ride this year. They are technically revealing it on Monday, but looking at their map on their webpage, it appears to be a tree swing ride out by the classic cars ride.

I say it every year, but it is amazing that they continue to add new things every year.
I always thought the place was boring, but I've been there a few times back when the ticket was 12 bucks. Probably just cause all my friends had been there as kids, and I went with. By then was just a little too old to find the charm.

Since I never went there as a kid, I just don't have that nostalgia in me.

I always did, however, want to see them become more of a rounded theme park. So its good to see them kind of venturing in that direction. A small semi-exciting roller coaster, or some go karts would be a cool addition.

But its always going to be limited in that regard because they make their dough off the kids. And at practically $50 a head to get in. Ouch.
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (Gretna)

Post by ChadJK »

Busguy2010 wrote: Sun Aug 17, 2025 1:18 pm
skinzfan23 wrote: Fri Aug 15, 2025 2:37 pm Vala's has another new ride this year. They are technically revealing it on Monday, but looking at their map on their webpage, it appears to be a tree swing ride out by the classic cars ride.

I say it every year, but it is amazing that they continue to add new things every year.
I always thought the place was boring, but I've been there a few times back when the ticket was 12 bucks. Probably just cause all my friends had been there as kids, and I went with. By then was just a little too old to find the charm.

Since I never went there as a kid, I just don't have that nostalgia in me.

I always did, however, want to see them become more of a rounded theme park. So its good to see them kind of venturing in that direction. A small semi-exciting roller coaster, or some go karts would be a cool addition.

But its always going to be limited in that regard because they make their dough off the kids. And at practically $50 a head to get in. Ouch.
It's definitely for younger kids. My kid enjoyed it until she got to be like 12 or so and then she was a little too old for a lot of the stuff. So, it began to feel like we were just going there to eat dinner and take a long walk around the place. It's neat and they add stuff every year, but it's really geared toward the 3-11 age group.

For adults, if you just want to take a hayrack ride and then sip adult beverages around a campfire on a chilly autumn evening with your friends, then there are more affordable and less crowded places to do it at.

Though, if you went multiple times a year since you were a small kid, I can see where you may go just for the nostalgia of it.
Last edited by ChadJK on Wed Aug 05, 2026 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7327
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by Busguy2010 »

One thing I wish is, as an adult, you could just take the hay rack ride, buy a pumpkin, and some popcorn, and get out of there for a reasonable price.

Now, to get a family of 3 even in the door is over $120. I don't even know the prices of food and pumpkins anymore, but assuming those also went up.

So, 3 tickets, turkey legs, funnel cake, pumpkins candy apples, caramel corn... sheesh, I dont even want to think about it... $300?

I just buy my pumpkins at Walmart anymore haha. But thats no fun.
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11629
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by skinzfan23 »

Mon-Thurs admission is much cheaper, its only $25, but I know what you mean. This year I bought 4 season passes and even with the flash sale it was almost $350 and that is just admission. Granted, if you look at it differently, the carnivals that have rides charge anywhere from $4-10 for just one ride and now with all the rides that Vala's has, it makes it better every year.

I know we talk about this each year, but I wonder what their max price point is. I feel like they can't raise it too much more, but the place is still packed, so that says otherwise. I still really love the fact it is family run and oriented and they have added at least 1-2 big additions each year to keep investing in the place. Would be nice if they fix up some of the older attractions, but in some ways that is the nostalgia of the place.
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2138
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by djc311 »

skinzfan23 wrote: Tue Aug 19, 2025 12:58 pm Mon-Thurs admission is much cheaper, its only $25, but I know what you mean. This year I bought 4 season passes and even with the flash sale it was almost $350 and that is just admission. Granted, if you look at it differently, the carnivals that have rides charge anywhere from $4-10 for just one ride and now with all the rides that Vala's has, it makes it better every year.

I know we talk about this each year, but I wonder what their max price point is. I feel like they can't raise it too much more, but the place is still packed, so that says otherwise. I still really love the fact it is family run and oriented and they have added at least 1-2 big additions each year to keep investing in the place. Would be nice if they fix up some of the older attractions, but in some ways that is the nostalgia of the place.
Our youngest daughter is now 13, so if we go this year, it could be the last time for awhile. Getting in the door can easily cost over $100... sure, there are lower priced times, but that doesn't work for everyone's availability and it's not realistic to expect to make it work.

The food is expensive, their pints are over $10/each and the other items such as snacks, pumpkins, etc are themepark-priced. It's hard to justify (or afford) anything more than a single visit, and even then, it's just as expensive as going to Worlds of Fun or Adventureland. Could probably do Great Wolf Lodge for less, and IMO it's more fun.

The rides make the cost not as bad, but the old attractions need major updates. It's a tough place to be in because I've heard the owner has a lot of sentimental attachment to some of the older parts because of his wife. She passed away and he doesn't want to change these things out (for example, the handmade figures in the barn on the train ride, a lot of the haunted house decorations, etc). There once was a mining car that would drive through one of the attractions - it's been out of service for probably 15-20 years now, so not sure why they never decided to fix this. Things like the witch in the haunted house looks like it was made from paper mache, and perhaps it was... but with all of the other modernizations you would think they'd consider updating some of the oldest pieces.

The daughters have tried to modernize the park by adding the cider mill and other things, but I'm sure it's hard to let go of some of the other things.
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11629
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by skinzfan23 »

I get where you are coming from, all valid points. My oldest is only 11 and my youngest is 4, so they are still in the middle of it all, but I can see in 5-10 years, them not wanting to go anymore.
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8989
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by Greg S »

They actually have been updating some of the older rides. I know they just some major upgrades/clean up of the haunted house last year.
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11629
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by skinzfan23 »

Vala's announced that they are doing a drone show Tuesday-Saturday each week. Probably not as big as the ones you see at sporting events (they mentioned there are 175 drones) but still yet another cool addition.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110948
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by nebugeater »

skinzfan23 wrote: Fri Sep 12, 2025 8:24 am Vala's announced that they are doing a drone show Tuesday-Saturday each week. Probably not as big as the ones you see at sporting events (they mentioned there are 175 drones) but still yet another cool addition.
Is that Tue through Sat or Tue and Sat

There will be some nights when the weather will keep it from happening.

That is probably the number of drones I have seen at a small-town event this summer—enough to be decent.

As a reference for those who have seen the Drone Show at a few Husker Football games, I have seen that it involves 300 drones.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11629
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by skinzfan23 »

Updating prices again:

2015 $ 16.99
2016 $ 17.99
2017 $ 18.95
2018 $ 21.95
2019 $ 23.95
2020 $ 25.95
2021 $ 29.95
2022:$ 39.99
2023:$ 43.99
2024:$39.99
2025: $42.99
2026: $45.99

I still wonder what the breaking price point is. I really love that they always keep adding new rides and shows and reinvesting in their property but it’s getting crazy.

On the plus side they still have the 42 hr season pass sale starting July 23. This year they have 3 different tiers of passes. The gold pass is $125, silver $100 and bronze $75. (Those prices are before the 15% sale price)
nebport5
Planning Board
Posts: 2803
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:13 pm
Location: 68102

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by nebport5 »

$28 in ten years is a lot.

At what point do they start opening for "Summerween"?
riceweb
Human Relations
Posts: 619
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:54 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by riceweb »

I do think they will eventually expand their season, both earlier and later.

But the price increases are not outrageous IMO. They haven't quite doubled since COVID, which is how I judge pricing all over. Meanwhile they've added a ton of amenities, significantly modernized the place.
NEDodger
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1356
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:19 am

Re: Vala's Pumpkin Patch & Apple Orchard (12102 S 180th St, Gretna)

Post by NEDodger »

nebport5 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2026 12:07 pm $28 in ten years is a lot.

At what point do they start opening for "Summerween"?
It’s a little misleading, considering it’s not the same product. The big price jump coincided with them adding several rides, which they did not have before.