Interesting stuff. I have been wanting to take some photos from the 24th & Martha bridge, but wasn't sure how to avoid being blocked by the fence. Evidently I need to take a closer look.
Library Board
Posts: 261
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2024 10:38 am
Photographer
Posts: 1036556
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
The holes I know about are on Vinton and Martha, but I'm not sure about 24th. Last time I was on Vinton they had some thin wire across the holes, but who knows if that's still there. Martha's holes were still open just the other day. The city of Lincoln actually embraced railroad photographers and put lens holes in the fence of one of their new bridges. I wish Omaha was that proactive.remline wrote: ↑Mon Oct 27, 2025 8:22 amInteresting stuff. I have been wanting to take some photos from the 24th & Martha bridge, but wasn't sure how to avoid being blocked by the fence. Evidently I need to take a closer look.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
Home Owners Association
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2025 11:16 pm
https://www.harborfreight.com/hand-tool ... tters.htmlBrad wrote: ↑Mon Oct 27, 2025 8:34 amThe holes I know about are on Vinton and Martha, but I'm not sure about 24th. Last time I was on Vinton they had some thin wire across the holes, but who knows if that's still there. Martha's holes were still open just the other day. The city of Lincoln actually embraced railroad photographers and put lens holes in the fence of one of their new bridges. I wish Omaha was that proactive.remline wrote: ↑Mon Oct 27, 2025 8:22 amInteresting stuff. I have been wanting to take some photos from the 24th & Martha bridge, but wasn't sure how to avoid being blocked by the fence. Evidently I need to take a closer look.
Jobbers Canyon Truther

Photographer
Posts: 1036556
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
LOL. I'm not gonna break the law, but I might use the hole when someone else does.
Here is what Lincoln did in their new SW 40th Street Bridge. There are several of them along the length of the bridge.
Here is what Lincoln did in their new SW 40th Street Bridge. There are several of them along the length of the bridge.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto