Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)
They must be doing good, they are going to build a new store at 161st and West Maple, just north of the new CHI building.
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Re: Don & Millie's
Made my monthly trek to the 108th and West Center location this afternoon. The place was packed, but the Double Don burger, as always, was top notch
...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8993
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Re: Don & Millie's
This is great news! I live off 156th and Fort and the closest one was the W Center location.
Greg
Greg
-
Bob from Omaha
- Planning Board
- Posts: 3079
- Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
- Location: Metro Detroit Michigan
Re: Don & Millie's
I do miss them. Good burgers (close to Kings burgers in taste), fair to good cheese frenchees, pretty good fries.
-
MadMartin8
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2958
- Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
- Location: Beyond Thunderdome
Re: Don & Millie's
I think I may need to stop at the 144th location to get a Frenchie.
Darn you people for making me hungry!
Darn you people for making me hungry!
No posts exist for this topic
-
NWOCHCBEAR
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:08 am
Re: Don & Millie's
Per construction workers, D&M across from Dunkin Donuts
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8993
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Re: Don & Millie's
Great news, thanks for posting.
Greg
Greg
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110964
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Don & Millie's
When is the last time D&M opened a new location? I can't remember anything anywhere near recently.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
jessep28
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2819
- Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Re: Don & Millie's
The last one that I remember being built was on Highway 50 and Harrison. That was around 2000.
The one in Bellevue according to property records looks to have been built around the same time as well.
The one in Bellevue according to property records looks to have been built around the same time as well.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
-
dwoodchip
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:10 pm
Re: Don & Millie's
That's good news they are doing well. I moved to Papillion recently and there is one not too far away.

-
GrandpaaSmucker
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1879
- Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:09 pm
Re: Don & Millie's
I went to the Don & Millies on Saddle Creek & Farnam today for lunch and there was a 70 year old man in there in a mini skirt with a brown wig on. Its going to take awhile to get that fright mare out of my head.............. 
-
Bob from Omaha
- Planning Board
- Posts: 3079
- Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
- Location: Metro Detroit Michigan
Re: Don & Millie's
You should have said something. I would have sat with you...GrandpaaSmucker wrote:I went to the Don & Millies on Saddle Creek & Farnam today for lunch and there was a 70 year old man in there in a mini skirt with a brown wig on. Its going to take awhile to get that fright mare out of my head..............
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036569
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Don & Millie's
Looks ready to open
1.

1.


Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Re: Don & Millie's
Another Don & Millie’s location opening is a very pleasing site to seeBrad wrote:Looks ready to open
1.
Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036569
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)
From Grow Omaha:
Grow Omaha wrote:A building permit application was filed on November 3 for Don & Millie’s at 18110 Wright Street, one of Zio’s Pizzeria’s current locations, suggesting the burger chain plans to take over the pizza space. Neither business has confirmed a timeline. Zio’s was founded in 1985 and has three other Omaha locations. Don & Millie’s is an employee-owned regional chain with several Omaha-area locations.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110964
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)
Getting closer. They are one place that I have thought but never said needed to open near Gretna. I have a weakness for their Onion Rings and never get them often anymore due to the work location.Brad wrote: Mon Nov 10, 2025 10:04 am From Grow Omaha:
Grow Omaha wrote:A building permit application was filed on November 3 for Don & Millie’s at 18110 Wright Street, one of Zio’s Pizzeria’s current locations, suggesting the burger chain plans to take over the pizza space. Neither business has confirmed a timeline. Zio’s was founded in 1985 and has three other Omaha locations. Don & Millie’s is an employee-owned regional chain with several Omaha-area locations.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
djc311
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2140
- Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
- Location: Omaha
Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)
Will they sell their margs through the drive thru? I know during the pandemic you could buy alcoholic drinks (ie, margaritas from La Mesa, for example) in to go containers.nebugeater wrote: Mon Nov 10, 2025 10:16 amGetting closer. They are one place that I have thought but never said needed to open near Gretna. I have a weakness for their Onion Rings and never get them often anymore due to the work location.Brad wrote: Mon Nov 10, 2025 10:04 am From Grow Omaha:
Grow Omaha wrote:A building permit application was filed on November 3 for Don & Millie’s at 18110 Wright Street, one of Zio’s Pizzeria’s current locations, suggesting the burger chain plans to take over the pizza space. Neither business has confirmed a timeline. Zio’s was founded in 1985 and has three other Omaha locations. Don & Millie’s is an employee-owned regional chain with several Omaha-area locations.
Did they ever bring back their ham and cheese frenchee? Someone posted it was going to be available for a limited time, but I checked into it a couple different times and they were not available.
-
ChadJK
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2504
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm
Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)
Are all of the other Don & Millie's locations standalone? Would this be their first strip mall unit?Brad wrote: Mon Nov 10, 2025 10:04 am From Grow Omaha:Grow Omaha wrote:A building permit application was filed on November 3 for Don & Millie’s at 18110 Wright Street, one of Zio’s Pizzeria’s current locations, suggesting the burger chain plans to take over the pizza space. Neither business has confirmed a timeline. Zio’s was founded in 1985 and has three other Omaha locations. Don & Millie’s is an employee-owned regional chain with several Omaha-area locations.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036569
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)
In Omaha they are all stand alone, but I think one in Lincoln is in a strip.ChadJK wrote: Mon Nov 10, 2025 3:46 pmAre all of the other Don & Millie's locations standalone? Would this be their first strip mall unit?Brad wrote: Mon Nov 10, 2025 10:04 am From Grow Omaha:Grow Omaha wrote:A building permit application was filed on November 3 for Don & Millie’s at 18110 Wright Street, one of Zio’s Pizzeria’s current locations, suggesting the burger chain plans to take over the pizza space. Neither business has confirmed a timeline. Zio’s was founded in 1985 and has three other Omaha locations. Don & Millie’s is an employee-owned regional chain with several Omaha-area locations.
Also, Teamshares purchased them in 2023 and they are transitioning to Employee Ownership so may be they will do things a little different?

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110964
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)
I believe there are only two in Lincoln. They are both standalone. I have been to both. IF there is a third, it may be in a strip, but I'm not sure there is anotherBrad wrote: Mon Nov 10, 2025 3:56 pmIn Omaha they are all stand alone, but I think one in Lincoln is in a strip.ChadJK wrote: Mon Nov 10, 2025 3:46 pmAre all of the other Don & Millie's locations standalone? Would this be their first strip mall unit?Brad wrote: Mon Nov 10, 2025 10:04 am From Grow Omaha:Grow Omaha wrote:A building permit application was filed on November 3 for Don & Millie’s at 18110 Wright Street, one of Zio’s Pizzeria’s current locations, suggesting the burger chain plans to take over the pizza space. Neither business has confirmed a timeline. Zio’s was founded in 1985 and has three other Omaha locations. Don & Millie’s is an employee-owned regional chain with several Omaha-area locations.
Also, Teamshares purchased them in 2023 and they are transitioning to Employee Ownership so may be they will do things a little different?
The two I know of are near 56th & Hwy 2 and 84th & O st
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036569
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)
I went and looked. 56th and highway 2 is a strip:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110964
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)
OKBrad wrote: Tue Nov 11, 2025 8:02 am I went and looked. 56th and highway 2 is a strip:
Screenshot 2025-11-11 080156.jpg
Hadn't been there since I worked in Lincoln and had it in my mind ( I know..... ) it was a single location,
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
ChadJK
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2504
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm
Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)
Well, it appears to be only a two-unit strip mall and the entire strip mall is done up in the Don & Millie's design.nebugeater wrote: Tue Nov 11, 2025 8:57 amOKBrad wrote: Tue Nov 11, 2025 8:02 am I went and looked. 56th and highway 2 is a strip:
Screenshot 2025-11-11 080156.jpg
Hadn't been there since I worked in Lincoln and had it in my mind ( I know..... ) it was a single location,
-
WBR_Tom
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 242
- Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:02 pm
- Location: Papillion, Omaha, and Everything in Between
Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)
The Saddle Creek/Farnam location is closing at the end of the month. The sign on their door says the staff is relocating to the 108th & Center location.
Guessing UNMC has plans for that plot in 2026?
Guessing UNMC has plans for that plot in 2026?
-
ChadJK
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2504
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm
Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)
UNMC has decided their campus isn't complex enough. So, they're adding another building. We wouldn't want patients to find the correct room or office too quickly.
-
iamjacobm
- City Council
- Posts: 10815
- Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
- Location: Chicago
Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)
Might have been conceptual but I think they had a parking garage drawn in there in some renderings.
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11634
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)
Yes, it has been shown in the last few renderings that they have had:


-
Padre
- Human Relations
- Posts: 929
- Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 pm
- Location: Omaha
Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)
I can’t say I’m surprised, but that one hurts. The other locations are a bit outside my normal range, and sometimes a Double Don just calls out to you!
I’d love to see them open up somewhere else in midtown.
Edit: Someone did add to the note “we will return in the near future. We’ll have to see what that means.
I’d love to see them open up somewhere else in midtown.
Edit: Someone did add to the note “we will return in the near future. We’ll have to see what that means.
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11634
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)
I agree, it would be nice to still have them in Midtown.
-
djc311
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2140
- Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
- Location: Omaha
Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)
LOLOL - I despise going to that campus/facility at all. I'd say they couldn't make that area any more complicated than it already is, but I'm sure if they put their mind to it.
It stinks, too, because their capabilities as a hospital are phenomenal. But trying to get there and be treated is enough to put someone into cardiac arrest.
-
damonhynes
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1278
- Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:35 pm
- Location: Montgomery County, Texas
Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)
Preach. Nothing a tornado wouldn't fix. :-)djc311 wrote: Mon Dec 01, 2025 3:51 pmLOLOL - I despise going to that campus/facility at all. I'd say they couldn't make that area any more complicated than it already is, but I'm sure if they put their mind to it.
It stinks, too, because their capabilities as a hospital are phenomenal. But trying to get there and be treated is enough to put someone into cardiac arrest.
-
ChadJK
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2504
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm
Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)
The whole thing could be rebuilt as one 25-story building with a decent footprint. Put a large parking garage adjacent and suddenly the entire UNMC campus is two buildings. Make the rest green space.damonhynes wrote: Mon Dec 01, 2025 3:55 pmPreach. Nothing a tornado wouldn't fix. :-)djc311 wrote: Mon Dec 01, 2025 3:51 pmLOLOL - I despise going to that campus/facility at all. I'd say they couldn't make that area any more complicated than it already is, but I'm sure if they put their mind to it.
It stinks, too, because their capabilities as a hospital are phenomenal. But trying to get there and be treated is enough to put someone into cardiac arrest.
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7331
- Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)
That does sting. Many, many great memories there with a Double Don, Margaritas, football, friends, and long walks home haha. I spent almost my entire 20's within maybe a 15-30 minute walk, and its still been the closest Don & Milles. Now, in the usual bad traffic, the nearest one to me will probably be a 30 minite drive.Padre wrote: Mon Dec 01, 2025 3:29 pm I can’t say I’m surprised, but that one hurts. The other locations are a bit outside my normal range, and sometimes a Double Don just calls out to you!
I’d love to see them open up somewhere else in midtown.
Edit: Someone did add to the note “we will return in the near future. We’ll have to see what that means.
Its kinda hard to constantly see news of the area change lately. Its been blow after blow. Ref, please! Won't recognize it after too long.
-
Padre
- Human Relations
- Posts: 929
- Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 pm
- Location: Omaha
Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)
The old Burger King on the other side of Dodge would be a good fit, but not if they’re going to renovate that whole section.
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110964
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)
I saw a photo on the sign in the window, but I can't find it now. At the bottom, there was a note that was a different font and made to look like a Post-it note, which I read as they would be back in the area at some point. Maybe reading too much into it, but that was my thought when I saw it
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
jessep28
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2819
- Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)
Being out West now, my only complaint about the Lincoln stores is that they oversalt the patties. I don't make it in enough to get a representative sample though. I might just eat there when overzealous people on the grill are working.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
-
djc311
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2140
- Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
- Location: Omaha
Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)
Perhaps the new one taking over the Zio's at 180th & Center will fix this issue for you?jessep28 wrote: Tue Dec 02, 2025 10:19 am Being out West now, my only complaint about the Lincoln stores is that they oversalt the patties. I don't make it in enough to get a representative sample though. I might just eat there when overzealous people on the grill are working.
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7331
- Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)
Another good spot would be that perpetually vacant old KFC at 44th & Dodge. I can't help but think if they're going to be back soon, it would almost have to be one of those two.Padre wrote: Mon Dec 01, 2025 5:39 pm The old Burger King on the other side of Dodge would be a good fit, but not if they’re going to renovate that whole section.
Last edited by Busguy2010 on Tue Dec 02, 2025 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
Busguy2010
- City Council
- Posts: 7331
- Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
- Location: North Central Omaha
Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)
I've noted that at all locations. Its not too bad, but they really take it right ro the edge hahajessep28 wrote: Tue Dec 02, 2025 10:19 am Being out West now, my only complaint about the Lincoln stores is that they oversalt the patties. I don't make it in enough to get a representative sample though. I might just eat there when overzealous people on the grill are working.
-
Padre
- Human Relations
- Posts: 929
- Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 pm
- Location: Omaha
Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)
My wife and I went to the Don & Millie’s on Farnam, to get in a final Double Don before they close.
We asked the woman at the counter if there were any plans to come back in the area. She said that tentatively, when Nebraska Medicine builds their parking garage, Don & Millie’s will reopen as part of it. Not sure if they will be next to the garage, or be a ground floor location, as part of it. The date was sometime in 2027.
I guess we’ll wait and see.
We asked the woman at the counter if there were any plans to come back in the area. She said that tentatively, when Nebraska Medicine builds their parking garage, Don & Millie’s will reopen as part of it. Not sure if they will be next to the garage, or be a ground floor location, as part of it. The date was sometime in 2027.
I guess we’ll wait and see.