Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
-
OmahaRedWing
- Human Relations
- Posts: 523
- Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:39 pm
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
Both of Nebraska's high school recruits sign as expected. Small but talented class. Both are 4 star top 100 recruits:
Rice is a 6-foot-8, 200-pound forward who plays for Coach Brett Watson at Waukee Northwest High School. He is a four-star prospect who is ranked No. 69 in the class by Rivals, No. 76 by 247Sports and No. 91 by ESPN. As a junior, Rice led Waukee Northwest to a 23-4 record and a runner-up finish in Class 4A, averaging 12.5 points, 7.2 rebounds, 2.6 assists, 1.6 blocks and 1.3 steals per game while shooting 37.8 percent from 3-point range. He garnered 4A all-tournament team accolades after averaging 18.7 points and 11.3 rebounds over three tournament games, including 18 points and 15 rebounds in the 4A championship game. He played for Martin Borthers on the AAU circuit, earning first-team UA Rise honors by averaging 19.1 points, 7.3 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game in 16 games this summer. He was the MVP of Session 3 when he averaged 23.6 ppg while hitting on 42.3 percent from 3-point range. He was also selected for the 2025 NBPA Top 100 Camp.
https://huskers.com/news/2025/11/12/hus ... and-lanier
Rice is a 6-foot-8, 200-pound forward who plays for Coach Brett Watson at Waukee Northwest High School. He is a four-star prospect who is ranked No. 69 in the class by Rivals, No. 76 by 247Sports and No. 91 by ESPN. As a junior, Rice led Waukee Northwest to a 23-4 record and a runner-up finish in Class 4A, averaging 12.5 points, 7.2 rebounds, 2.6 assists, 1.6 blocks and 1.3 steals per game while shooting 37.8 percent from 3-point range. He garnered 4A all-tournament team accolades after averaging 18.7 points and 11.3 rebounds over three tournament games, including 18 points and 15 rebounds in the 4A championship game. He played for Martin Borthers on the AAU circuit, earning first-team UA Rise honors by averaging 19.1 points, 7.3 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game in 16 games this summer. He was the MVP of Session 3 when he averaged 23.6 ppg while hitting on 42.3 percent from 3-point range. He was also selected for the 2025 NBPA Top 100 Camp.
https://huskers.com/news/2025/11/12/hus ... and-lanier
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8990
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
Getting Rice to pick Nebraska over Iowa (he's from and plays for a Des Moines suburb, Waukee) was a big win for Fred.OmahaRedWing wrote: Wed Nov 12, 2025 4:24 pm Both of Nebraska's high school recruits sign as expected. Small but talented class. Both are 4 star top 100 recruits:
Rice is a 6-foot-8, 200-pound forward who plays for Coach Brett Watson at Waukee Northwest High School. He is a four-star prospect who is ranked No. 69 in the class by Rivals, No. 76 by 247Sports and No. 91 by ESPN. As a junior, Rice led Waukee Northwest to a 23-4 record and a runner-up finish in Class 4A, averaging 12.5 points, 7.2 rebounds, 2.6 assists, 1.6 blocks and 1.3 steals per game while shooting 37.8 percent from 3-point range. He garnered 4A all-tournament team accolades after averaging 18.7 points and 11.3 rebounds over three tournament games, including 18 points and 15 rebounds in the 4A championship game. He played for Martin Borthers on the AAU circuit, earning first-team UA Rise honors by averaging 19.1 points, 7.3 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game in 16 games this summer. He was the MVP of Session 3 when he averaged 23.6 ppg while hitting on 42.3 percent from 3-point range. He was also selected for the 2025 NBPA Top 100 Camp.
https://huskers.com/news/2025/11/12/hus ... and-lanier
Greg
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8990
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
Huskers wearing 1996 throwbacks on Saturday. Love them. And fitting since we are playing Oklahoma.
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110950
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
I love them too.Greg S wrote: Thu Nov 13, 2025 9:40 am Huskers wearing 1996 throwbacks on Saturday. Love them. And fitting since we are playing Oklahoma.
What I do not love is that 1996 is considered a throwback!
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8990
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
I agree. Just doesn't seem that long ago. I had a coworker who had season tickets back then. He also got ticket for Danny Nee luncheons during the season (I think at Anthony's?). When his brother couldn't go he'd invite me. I never went and now really wish I had. He always had a blast at those.nebugeater wrote: Thu Nov 13, 2025 10:13 amI love them too.Greg S wrote: Thu Nov 13, 2025 9:40 am Huskers wearing 1996 throwbacks on Saturday. Love them. And fitting since we are playing Oklahoma.
What I do not love is that 1996 is considered a throwback!
Greg
-
OmahaRedWing
- Human Relations
- Posts: 523
- Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:39 pm
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
Back on the subject of Husker radio changes. Jeff Smith. From what I have heard this season he has been good. Was curious how it would work since I don't know that he had any prior radio experience?
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110950
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
I'm fairly certain that he had no prior radio experience, except possibly from being interviewed. I have listened to the radio broadcast a couple of times. He is sure knowledgeable in covering the game. I have not listened yet while attending a game.OmahaRedWing wrote: Fri Nov 14, 2025 10:33 am Back on the subject of Husker radio changes. Jeff Smith. From what I have heard this season he has been good. Was curious how it would work since I don't know that he had any prior radio experience?
What I do not hear is corrections in a kind way to Kent's call. Jake M did a good job of that, and let's be honest, Kent's calls are not as accurate as they once were. Still enjoy listing and i known when at the game there is plent of misfires in recent years.. I can't imagine that it suddenly got better.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
Linkin5
- County Board
- Posts: 4885
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
It’s been a bit awkward so far, hopefully with time they’ll be able to create a better banter and compliment each other more. He is obviously knowledgeable so he adds good commentary to what is going on.OmahaRedWing wrote: Fri Nov 14, 2025 10:33 am Back on the subject of Husker radio changes. Jeff Smith. From what I have heard this season he has been good. Was curious how it would work since I don't know that he had any prior radio experience?
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8990
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
I have heard them once. He was better than expected. Kent was complaining about a foul that went against Nebraska. Jeff was quick to disagree, which I appreciated. Even said on the reply he didn't think it was a foul. I can't stand over the top homers on the call. Kent was rough in that manner on football but has not been like that on basketball. Jake was awesome and would reign it in, and it appears that Jeff won't hesitate to do the same.Linkin5 wrote: Fri Nov 14, 2025 1:06 pmIt’s been a bit awkward so far, hopefully with time they’ll be able to create a better banter and compliment each other more. He is obviously knowledgeable so he adds good commentary to what is going on.OmahaRedWing wrote: Fri Nov 14, 2025 10:33 am Back on the subject of Husker radio changes. Jeff Smith. From what I have heard this season he has been good. Was curious how it would work since I don't know that he had any prior radio experience?
It appears we are going to be OK. There are others in the area that are unlistenable to me because of all the whining and complaining they consistently do about officiating.
Greg
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8990
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
Even though it’s neutral site, game is on BTN:
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8990
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
Frager may not play tonight:
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8990
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
That was fun.
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110950
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
Good game
Down by 16 at one point and won 105-99. Got to say against the first serious challenge ( although they have lost games like the first three many times), I like what I saw.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8990
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
I was wrong pretty much the whole game. After Oklahoma hit a few deep threes I thought, no way they can keep that up. They did. After Nebraska made a run after quickly falling behind, then OU answered I didn't think we'd have another run in us. We did. Then once we got to half and OU had 51, I thought no way Nebraska can stay with OU at this pace. We did.nebugeater wrote: Sun Nov 16, 2025 7:09 amGood game
Down by 16 at one point and won 105-99. Got to say against the first serious challenge ( although they have lost games like the first three many times), I like what I saw.
Was so happy to be so wrong.
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110950
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
Greg S wrote: Mon Nov 17, 2025 10:15 amI was wrong pretty much the whole game. After Oklahoma hit a few deep threes I thought, no way they can keep that up. They did. After Nebraska made a run after quickly falling behind, then OU answered I didn't think we'd have another run in us. We did. Then once we got to half and OU had 51, I thought no way Nebraska can stay with OU at this pace. We did.nebugeater wrote: Sun Nov 16, 2025 7:09 amGood game
Down by 16 at one point and won 105-99. Got to say against the first serious challenge ( although they have lost games like the first three many times), I like what I saw.
Was so happy to be so wrong.
Did you see the Husker fan get kicked out of his front row seat for tossing a ball back that he caught? He was interviewed on KFAB this morning. At the time, I thought it was an overreaction, and after listening to him on KFAB, I feel that way even more. He did get to stay in the arena and watch the rest of the game from a bar area at the top.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8990
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
nebugeater wrote: Mon Nov 17, 2025 12:43 pmGreg S wrote: Mon Nov 17, 2025 10:15 amI was wrong pretty much the whole game. After Oklahoma hit a few deep threes I thought, no way they can keep that up. They did. After Nebraska made a run after quickly falling behind, then OU answered I didn't think we'd have another run in us. We did. Then once we got to half and OU had 51, I thought no way Nebraska can stay with OU at this pace. We did.nebugeater wrote: Sun Nov 16, 2025 7:09 amGood game
Down by 16 at one point and won 105-99. Got to say against the first serious challenge ( although they have lost games like the first three many times), I like what I saw.
Was so happy to be so wrong.
Did you see the Husker fan get kicked out of his front row seat for tossing a ball back that he caught? He was interviewed on KFAB this morning. At the time, I thought it was an overreaction, and after listening to him on KFAB, I feel that way even more. He did get to stay in the arena and watch the rest of the game from a bar area at the top.
Yeah I did but didn't hear what followed, so thanks. Obviously he threw the ball back to the officials, did he say what he said to them as well? That was right about the time the crowd was really getting after the officials.
Greg
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110950
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
he said that he didn't use any profanity. Not any more than that. He was asked about the guy next to him that pointed him out as the offical came over. Had to laugh. Said it was his Brother In Law or some relative along that line!Greg S wrote: Mon Nov 17, 2025 1:27 pmnebugeater wrote: Mon Nov 17, 2025 12:43 pmGreg S wrote: Mon Nov 17, 2025 10:15 amI was wrong pretty much the whole game. After Oklahoma hit a few deep threes I thought, no way they can keep that up. They did. After Nebraska made a run after quickly falling behind, then OU answered I didn't think we'd have another run in us. We did. Then once we got to half and OU had 51, I thought no way Nebraska can stay with OU at this pace. We did.nebugeater wrote: Sun Nov 16, 2025 7:09 amGood game
Down by 16 at one point and won 105-99. Got to say against the first serious challenge ( although they have lost games like the first three many times), I like what I saw.
Was so happy to be so wrong.
Did you see the Husker fan get kicked out of his front row seat for tossing a ball back that he caught? He was interviewed on KFAB this morning. At the time, I thought it was an overreaction, and after listening to him on KFAB, I feel that way even more. He did get to stay in the arena and watch the rest of the game from a bar area at the top.
Yeah I did but didn't hear what followed, so thanks. Obviously he threw the ball back to the officials, did he say what he said to them as well? That was right about the time the crowd was really getting after the officials.
Greg
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8990
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
That's funny! I really want to go to one of these.nebugeater wrote: Mon Nov 17, 2025 2:12 pmhe said that he didn't use any profanity. Not any more than that. He was asked about the guy next to him that pointed him out as the offical came over. Had to laugh. Said it was his Brother In Law or some relative along that line!Greg S wrote: Mon Nov 17, 2025 1:27 pmnebugeater wrote: Mon Nov 17, 2025 12:43 pmGreg S wrote: Mon Nov 17, 2025 10:15 amI was wrong pretty much the whole game. After Oklahoma hit a few deep threes I thought, no way they can keep that up. They did. After Nebraska made a run after quickly falling behind, then OU answered I didn't think we'd have another run in us. We did. Then once we got to half and OU had 51, I thought no way Nebraska can stay with OU at this pace. We did.nebugeater wrote: Sun Nov 16, 2025 7:09 amGood game
Down by 16 at one point and won 105-99. Got to say against the first serious challenge ( although they have lost games like the first three many times), I like what I saw.
Was so happy to be so wrong.
Did you see the Husker fan get kicked out of his front row seat for tossing a ball back that he caught? He was interviewed on KFAB this morning. At the time, I thought it was an overreaction, and after listening to him on KFAB, I feel that way even more. He did get to stay in the arena and watch the rest of the game from a bar area at the top.
Yeah I did but didn't hear what followed, so thanks. Obviously he threw the ball back to the officials, did he say what he said to them as well? That was right about the time the crowd was really getting after the officials.
Greg
-
Linkin5
- County Board
- Posts: 4885
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
He also said he spoke to Fred after the game and Fred’s first question was if it was Kelly Pfieffer that kicked him out. Which is…hilarious.
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110950
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
Interesting fact
The Husker Men's BB now has the nation's LONGEST active win streak, reaching eight games. The 8 wins in a row are the MOST for the Huskers since 2010-11.
Don't underestimate what the CROWN tourny can do for you!
The Husker Men's BB now has the nation's LONGEST active win streak, reaching eight games. The 8 wins in a row are the MOST for the Huskers since 2010-11.
Don't underestimate what the CROWN tourny can do for you!
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
Linkin5
- County Board
- Posts: 4885
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
Included in those 8 wins is an SEC team, 2 Big 12, 1 Big East, and 1 Mountain West team.
The lack of defense and scoring droughts are going to cause some losses this year but overall things look good.
The lack of defense and scoring droughts are going to cause some losses this year but overall things look good.
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110950
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
Those are signature Nebraska habits, so I will be glad it is just reduced. Hopefully optimistic so far this year.Linkin5 wrote: Tue Nov 18, 2025 7:21 am Included in those 8 wins is an SEC team, 2 Big 12, 1 Big East, and 1 Mountain West team.
The lack of defense and scoring droughts are going to cause some losses this year but overall things look good.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8990
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
Could not agree more.nebugeater wrote: Tue Nov 18, 2025 8:07 amThose are signature Nebraska habits, so I will be glad it is just reduced. Hopefully optimistic so far this year.Linkin5 wrote: Tue Nov 18, 2025 7:21 am Included in those 8 wins is an SEC team, 2 Big 12, 1 Big East, and 1 Mountain West team.
The lack of defense and scoring droughts are going to cause some losses this year but overall things look good.
Greg
-
OmahaRedWing
- Human Relations
- Posts: 523
- Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:39 pm
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
Saturday night was a coming out party at Nebraska for Pryce Sandfort. He was flat out awesome. We especially needed him to keep us in the game in the first half. Mast also had a big night, and Lawrence was fantastic in the 2nd, but no way we are in the position we were at the half without Pryce.
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110950
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
But shouldn't we expect a great game from Sandfort and the Sanford Pentagon! Close enough for me!OmahaRedWing wrote: Tue Nov 18, 2025 11:52 am Saturday night was a coming out party at Nebraska for Pryce Sandfort. He was flat out awesome. We especially needed him to keep us in the game in the first half. Mast also had a big night, and Lawrence was fantastic in the 2nd, but no way we are in the position we were at the half without Pryce.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
OmahaRedWing
- Human Relations
- Posts: 523
- Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:39 pm
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
One final note on this game. I saw a clip of OU coach Porter Moser after the game saying, you can't tell me this was a neutral site.
He obviously was correct. It rivaled the NU Cincy football game as far as being a neutral site.....
He obviously was correct. It rivaled the NU Cincy football game as far as being a neutral site.....
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110950
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
I saw that too as a video. I also interpreted it as a compliment to the Husker faithful and not a complaint that it was not "neutral"OmahaRedWing wrote: Wed Nov 19, 2025 9:50 am One final note on this game. I saw a clip of OU coach Porter Moser after the game saying, you can't tell me this was a neutral site.
He obviously was correct. It rivaled the NU Cincy football game as far as being a neutral site.....
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
OmahaRedWing
- Human Relations
- Posts: 523
- Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:39 pm
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
Yep that's how it came across to me as well.nebugeater wrote: Wed Nov 19, 2025 9:56 amI saw that too as a video. I also interpreted it as a compliment to the Husker faithful and not a complaint that it was not "neutral"OmahaRedWing wrote: Wed Nov 19, 2025 9:50 am One final note on this game. I saw a clip of OU coach Porter Moser after the game saying, you can't tell me this was a neutral site.
He obviously was correct. It rivaled the NU Cincy football game as far as being a neutral site.....
-
OmahaRedWing
- Human Relations
- Posts: 523
- Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:39 pm
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
Tonight's game against New Mexico in the Hall of Fame Classic will be on Peacock at 6PM.
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110950
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
Glad you posted, and I read this. I knew it was on Peacock, but I had it in my mind that it was 7 PM. Must have it mixed up with the Husker VB against Iowa tonightOmahaRedWing wrote: Thu Nov 20, 2025 1:40 pm Tonight's game against New Mexico in the Hall of Fame Classic will be on Peacock at 6PM.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110950
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
Pretty good foul that Conner Essegian took last night. Resulted in the New Mexico player getting ejected
Nebraska plays K St tonight at 8:30 and it is on Peacock
Nebraska plays K St tonight at 8:30 and it is on Peacock
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
OmahaRedWing
- Human Relations
- Posts: 523
- Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:39 pm
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
No problem. Tonight 8:30 also on Peacock, possibly later depending on game before it. Nice to see we get to play K State. Always fun against old Big 12 rivals (actually I think K State goes back to the Big 6 with Nebraska....)nebugeater wrote: Thu Nov 20, 2025 2:28 pmGlad you posted, and I read this. I knew it was on Peacock, but I had it in my mind that it was 7 PM. Must have it mixed up with the Husker VB against Iowa tonightOmahaRedWing wrote: Thu Nov 20, 2025 1:40 pm Tonight's game against New Mexico in the Hall of Fame Classic will be on Peacock at 6PM.
-
OmahaRedWing
- Human Relations
- Posts: 523
- Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:39 pm
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
Sorry should have looked at the full thread. I just went straight from the notifications...missed that you already posted time and network for tonight.nebugeater wrote: Fri Nov 21, 2025 5:54 am Pretty good foul that Conner Essegian took last night. Resulted in the New Mexico player getting ejected
Nebraska plays K St tonight at 8:30 and it is on Peacock
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8990
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
So glad they caught that. I was shocked when it happened.nebugeater wrote: Fri Nov 21, 2025 5:54 am Pretty good foul that Conner Essegian took last night. Resulted in the New Mexico player getting ejected
Nebraska plays K St tonight at 8:30 and it is on Peacock
Nice to get the win but NU made it interesting, that's for sure. Jumped out to the 22-5 lead early, then it slowly eroded. I think New Mexico got within 4 briefly in the second half? Then NU pulled ahead by more late. Happy with the win but definitely not our best game.
On to K State tonight.
Greg
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110950
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
Not a problem. Better to know twice than not at all!!!OmahaRedWing wrote: Fri Nov 21, 2025 11:09 amSorry should have looked at the full thread. I just went straight from the notifications...missed that you already posted time and network for tonight.nebugeater wrote: Fri Nov 21, 2025 5:54 am Pretty good foul that Conner Essegian took last night. Resulted in the New Mexico player getting ejected
Nebraska plays K St tonight at 8:30 and it is on Peacock
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110950
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
YEs, they did get to within 4Greg S wrote: Fri Nov 21, 2025 12:02 pmSo glad they caught that. I was shocked when it happened.nebugeater wrote: Fri Nov 21, 2025 5:54 am Pretty good foul that Conner Essegian took last night. Resulted in the New Mexico player getting ejected
Nebraska plays K St tonight at 8:30 and it is on Peacock
Nice to get the win but NU made it interesting, that's for sure. Jumped out to the 22-5 lead early, then it slowly eroded. I think New Mexico got within 4 briefly in the second half? Then NU pulled ahead by more late. Happy with the win but definitely not our best game.
On to K State tonight.
Greg
KFAB this AM was saying that the foul was let up to by some hard-hitting earlier, and there was some "retaliation" to this. ( not mento to excuse this) I don't remember seeing that, though. I was not watching as close as I usually do, either though.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8990
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
Ok thanks, that helps. I was at a get together at a bar so also not watching as close as I normally do.nebugeater wrote: Fri Nov 21, 2025 3:15 pmYEs, they did get to within 4Greg S wrote: Fri Nov 21, 2025 12:02 pmSo glad they caught that. I was shocked when it happened.nebugeater wrote: Fri Nov 21, 2025 5:54 am Pretty good foul that Conner Essegian took last night. Resulted in the New Mexico player getting ejected
Nebraska plays K St tonight at 8:30 and it is on Peacock
Nice to get the win but NU made it interesting, that's for sure. Jumped out to the 22-5 lead early, then it slowly eroded. I think New Mexico got within 4 briefly in the second half? Then NU pulled ahead by more late. Happy with the win but definitely not our best game.
On to K State tonight.
Greg
KFAB this AM was saying that the foul was let up to by some hard-hitting earlier, and there was some "retaliation" to this. ( not mento to excuse this) I don't remember seeing that, though. I was not watching as close as I usually do, either though.
-
Louie
- County Board
- Posts: 4936
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
- Location: Dundee
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
Nebraska beats K State 86-85. Longest winning streak in the country continues.
-
Greg S
- City Council
- Posts: 8990
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
Can someone explain what happened at the end? I saw where Hoiberg made his first free throw then intentionally missed his second, only to have the officials add time after he missed?Louie wrote: Sat Nov 22, 2025 4:56 am Nebraska beats K State 86-85. Longest winning streak in the country continues.
(I was at someplace that didn’t have Peacock, so was following on my phone)
-
Louie
- County Board
- Posts: 4936
- Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
- Location: Dundee
Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026
I would if I could but I missed it as well.Greg S wrote: Sat Nov 22, 2025 9:53 amCan someone explain what happened at the end? I saw where Hoiberg made his first free throw then intentionally missed his second, only to have the officials add time after he missed?Louie wrote: Sat Nov 22, 2025 4:56 am Nebraska beats K State 86-85. Longest winning streak in the country continues.
(I was at someplace that didn’t have Peacock, so was following on my phone)