Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village

Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)

Post by Coyote »

They must be doing good, they are going to build a new store at 161st and West Maple, just north of the new CHI building.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Don & Millie's

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Made my monthly trek to the 108th and West Center location this afternoon. The place was packed, but the Double Don burger, as always, was top notch :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8993
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Don & Millie's

Post by Greg S »

This is great news! I live off 156th and Fort and the closest one was the W Center location.

Greg
Bob from Omaha
Planning Board
Posts: 3079
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan

Re: Don & Millie's

Post by Bob from Omaha »

I do miss them. Good burgers (close to Kings burgers in taste), fair to good cheese frenchees, pretty good fries.
MadMartin8
Planning Board
Posts: 2958
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Re: Don & Millie's

Post by MadMartin8 »

I think I may need to stop at the 144th location to get a Frenchie.


Darn you people for making me hungry!
No posts exist for this topic
NWOCHCBEAR
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:08 am

Re: Don & Millie's

Post by NWOCHCBEAR »

Per construction workers, D&M across from Dunkin Donuts
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8993
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Don & Millie's

Post by Greg S »

Great news, thanks for posting.

Greg
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110964
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Don & Millie's

Post by nebugeater »

When is the last time D&M opened a new location? I can't remember anything anywhere near recently.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
jessep28
Planning Board
Posts: 2819
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Don & Millie's

Post by jessep28 »

The last one that I remember being built was on Highway 50 and Harrison. That was around 2000.

The one in Bellevue according to property records looks to have been built around the same time as well.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
dwoodchip
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:10 pm

Re: Don & Millie's

Post by dwoodchip »

That's good news they are doing well. I moved to Papillion recently and there is one not too far away. :banger: :banger:
User avatar
GrandpaaSmucker
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1879
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:09 pm

Re: Don & Millie's

Post by GrandpaaSmucker »

I went to the Don & Millies on Saddle Creek & Farnam today for lunch and there was a 70 year old man in there in a mini skirt with a brown wig on. Its going to take awhile to get that fright mare out of my head.............. :cry:
Bob from Omaha
Planning Board
Posts: 3079
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan

Re: Don & Millie's

Post by Bob from Omaha »

GrandpaaSmucker wrote:I went to the Don & Millies on Saddle Creek & Farnam today for lunch and there was a 70 year old man in there in a mini skirt with a brown wig on. Its going to take awhile to get that fright mare out of my head.............. :cry:
You should have said something. I would have sat with you...
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036569
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Don & Millie's

Post by Brad »

Looks ready to open

1.
Image
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Don & Millie's

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Brad wrote:Looks ready to open

1.
Image
Another Don & Millie’s location opening is a very pleasing site to see :thumb: ...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036569
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)

Post by Brad »

From Grow Omaha:
Grow Omaha wrote:A building permit application was filed on November 3 for Don & Millie’s at 18110 Wright Street, one of Zio’s Pizzeria’s current locations, suggesting the burger chain plans to take over the pizza space. Neither business has confirmed a timeline. Zio’s was founded in 1985 and has three other Omaha locations. Don & Millie’s is an employee-owned regional chain with several Omaha-area locations.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110964
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote: Mon Nov 10, 2025 10:04 am From Grow Omaha:
Grow Omaha wrote:A building permit application was filed on November 3 for Don & Millie’s at 18110 Wright Street, one of Zio’s Pizzeria’s current locations, suggesting the burger chain plans to take over the pizza space. Neither business has confirmed a timeline. Zio’s was founded in 1985 and has three other Omaha locations. Don & Millie’s is an employee-owned regional chain with several Omaha-area locations.
Getting closer. They are one place that I have thought but never said needed to open near Gretna. I have a weakness for their Onion Rings and never get them often anymore due to the work location.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2140
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)

Post by djc311 »

nebugeater wrote: Mon Nov 10, 2025 10:16 am
Brad wrote: Mon Nov 10, 2025 10:04 am From Grow Omaha:
Grow Omaha wrote:A building permit application was filed on November 3 for Don & Millie’s at 18110 Wright Street, one of Zio’s Pizzeria’s current locations, suggesting the burger chain plans to take over the pizza space. Neither business has confirmed a timeline. Zio’s was founded in 1985 and has three other Omaha locations. Don & Millie’s is an employee-owned regional chain with several Omaha-area locations.
Getting closer. They are one place that I have thought but never said needed to open near Gretna. I have a weakness for their Onion Rings and never get them often anymore due to the work location.
Will they sell their margs through the drive thru? I know during the pandemic you could buy alcoholic drinks (ie, margaritas from La Mesa, for example) in to go containers.

Did they ever bring back their ham and cheese frenchee? Someone posted it was going to be available for a limited time, but I checked into it a couple different times and they were not available.
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)

Post by ChadJK »

Brad wrote: Mon Nov 10, 2025 10:04 am From Grow Omaha:
Grow Omaha wrote:A building permit application was filed on November 3 for Don & Millie’s at 18110 Wright Street, one of Zio’s Pizzeria’s current locations, suggesting the burger chain plans to take over the pizza space. Neither business has confirmed a timeline. Zio’s was founded in 1985 and has three other Omaha locations. Don & Millie’s is an employee-owned regional chain with several Omaha-area locations.
Are all of the other Don & Millie's locations standalone? Would this be their first strip mall unit?
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036569
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)

Post by Brad »

ChadJK wrote: Mon Nov 10, 2025 3:46 pm
Brad wrote: Mon Nov 10, 2025 10:04 am From Grow Omaha:
Grow Omaha wrote:A building permit application was filed on November 3 for Don & Millie’s at 18110 Wright Street, one of Zio’s Pizzeria’s current locations, suggesting the burger chain plans to take over the pizza space. Neither business has confirmed a timeline. Zio’s was founded in 1985 and has three other Omaha locations. Don & Millie’s is an employee-owned regional chain with several Omaha-area locations.
Are all of the other Don & Millie's locations standalone? Would this be their first strip mall unit?
In Omaha they are all stand alone, but I think one in Lincoln is in a strip.

Also, Teamshares purchased them in 2023 and they are transitioning to Employee Ownership so may be they will do things a little different?
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110964
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote: Mon Nov 10, 2025 3:56 pm
ChadJK wrote: Mon Nov 10, 2025 3:46 pm
Brad wrote: Mon Nov 10, 2025 10:04 am From Grow Omaha:
Grow Omaha wrote:A building permit application was filed on November 3 for Don & Millie’s at 18110 Wright Street, one of Zio’s Pizzeria’s current locations, suggesting the burger chain plans to take over the pizza space. Neither business has confirmed a timeline. Zio’s was founded in 1985 and has three other Omaha locations. Don & Millie’s is an employee-owned regional chain with several Omaha-area locations.
Are all of the other Don & Millie's locations standalone? Would this be their first strip mall unit?
In Omaha they are all stand alone, but I think one in Lincoln is in a strip.

Also, Teamshares purchased them in 2023 and they are transitioning to Employee Ownership so may be they will do things a little different?
I believe there are only two in Lincoln. They are both standalone. I have been to both. IF there is a third, it may be in a strip, but I'm not sure there is another

The two I know of are near 56th & Hwy 2 and 84th & O st
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036569
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)

Post by Brad »

I went and looked. 56th and highway 2 is a strip:
Screenshot 2025-11-11 080156.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110964
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)

Post by nebugeater »

Brad wrote: Tue Nov 11, 2025 8:02 am I went and looked. 56th and highway 2 is a strip:

Screenshot 2025-11-11 080156.jpg
OK

Hadn't been there since I worked in Lincoln and had it in my mind ( I know..... ) it was a single location,
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)

Post by ChadJK »

nebugeater wrote: Tue Nov 11, 2025 8:57 am
Brad wrote: Tue Nov 11, 2025 8:02 am I went and looked. 56th and highway 2 is a strip:

Screenshot 2025-11-11 080156.jpg
OK

Hadn't been there since I worked in Lincoln and had it in my mind ( I know..... ) it was a single location,
Well, it appears to be only a two-unit strip mall and the entire strip mall is done up in the Don & Millie's design.
WBR_Tom
Home Owners Association
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:02 pm
Location: Papillion, Omaha, and Everything in Between

Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)

Post by WBR_Tom »

The Saddle Creek/Farnam location is closing at the end of the month. The sign on their door says the staff is relocating to the 108th & Center location.

Guessing UNMC has plans for that plot in 2026?
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)

Post by ChadJK »

WBR_Tom wrote: Mon Dec 01, 2025 2:27 pm Guessing UNMC has plans for that plot in 2026?
UNMC has decided their campus isn't complex enough. So, they're adding another building. We wouldn't want patients to find the correct room or office too quickly.
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 10815
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)

Post by iamjacobm »

Might have been conceptual but I think they had a parking garage drawn in there in some renderings.
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11634
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)

Post by skinzfan23 »

Yes, it has been shown in the last few renderings that they have had:

Image
Padre
Human Relations
Posts: 929
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)

Post by Padre »

I can’t say I’m surprised, but that one hurts. The other locations are a bit outside my normal range, and sometimes a Double Don just calls out to you!

I’d love to see them open up somewhere else in midtown.

Edit: Someone did add to the note “we will return in the near future. We’ll have to see what that means.
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11634
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue

Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)

Post by skinzfan23 »

I agree, it would be nice to still have them in Midtown.
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2140
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)

Post by djc311 »

ChadJK wrote: Mon Dec 01, 2025 2:30 pm
WBR_Tom wrote: Mon Dec 01, 2025 2:27 pm Guessing UNMC has plans for that plot in 2026?
UNMC has decided their campus isn't complex enough. So, they're adding another building. We wouldn't want patients to find the correct room or office too quickly.
LOLOL - I despise going to that campus/facility at all. I'd say they couldn't make that area any more complicated than it already is, but I'm sure if they put their mind to it.

It stinks, too, because their capabilities as a hospital are phenomenal. But trying to get there and be treated is enough to put someone into cardiac arrest.
User avatar
damonhynes
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1278
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:35 pm
Location: Montgomery County, Texas

Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)

Post by damonhynes »

djc311 wrote: Mon Dec 01, 2025 3:51 pm
ChadJK wrote: Mon Dec 01, 2025 2:30 pm
WBR_Tom wrote: Mon Dec 01, 2025 2:27 pm Guessing UNMC has plans for that plot in 2026?
UNMC has decided their campus isn't complex enough. So, they're adding another building. We wouldn't want patients to find the correct room or office too quickly.
LOLOL - I despise going to that campus/facility at all. I'd say they couldn't make that area any more complicated than it already is, but I'm sure if they put their mind to it.

It stinks, too, because their capabilities as a hospital are phenomenal. But trying to get there and be treated is enough to put someone into cardiac arrest.
Preach. Nothing a tornado wouldn't fix. :-)
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)

Post by ChadJK »

damonhynes wrote: Mon Dec 01, 2025 3:55 pm
djc311 wrote: Mon Dec 01, 2025 3:51 pm
ChadJK wrote: Mon Dec 01, 2025 2:30 pm
WBR_Tom wrote: Mon Dec 01, 2025 2:27 pm Guessing UNMC has plans for that plot in 2026?
UNMC has decided their campus isn't complex enough. So, they're adding another building. We wouldn't want patients to find the correct room or office too quickly.
LOLOL - I despise going to that campus/facility at all. I'd say they couldn't make that area any more complicated than it already is, but I'm sure if they put their mind to it.

It stinks, too, because their capabilities as a hospital are phenomenal. But trying to get there and be treated is enough to put someone into cardiac arrest.
Preach. Nothing a tornado wouldn't fix. :-)
The whole thing could be rebuilt as one 25-story building with a decent footprint. Put a large parking garage adjacent and suddenly the entire UNMC campus is two buildings. Make the rest green space.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7331
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)

Post by Busguy2010 »

Padre wrote: Mon Dec 01, 2025 3:29 pm I can’t say I’m surprised, but that one hurts. The other locations are a bit outside my normal range, and sometimes a Double Don just calls out to you!

I’d love to see them open up somewhere else in midtown.

Edit: Someone did add to the note “we will return in the near future. We’ll have to see what that means.
That does sting. Many, many great memories there with a Double Don, Margaritas, football, friends, and long walks home haha. I spent almost my entire 20's within maybe a 15-30 minute walk, and its still been the closest Don & Milles. Now, in the usual bad traffic, the nearest one to me will probably be a 30 minite drive.

Its kinda hard to constantly see news of the area change lately. Its been blow after blow. Ref, please! Won't recognize it after too long.
Padre
Human Relations
Posts: 929
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)

Post by Padre »

The old Burger King on the other side of Dodge would be a good fit, but not if they’re going to renovate that whole section.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110964
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)

Post by nebugeater »

skinzfan23 wrote: Mon Dec 01, 2025 3:37 pm I agree, it would be nice to still have them in Midtown.
I saw a photo on the sign in the window, but I can't find it now. At the bottom, there was a note that was a different font and made to look like a Post-it note, which I read as they would be back in the area at some point. Maybe reading too much into it, but that was my thought when I saw it
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
jessep28
Planning Board
Posts: 2819
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)

Post by jessep28 »

Being out West now, my only complaint about the Lincoln stores is that they oversalt the patties. I don't make it in enough to get a representative sample though. I might just eat there when overzealous people on the grill are working.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2140
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)

Post by djc311 »

jessep28 wrote: Tue Dec 02, 2025 10:19 am Being out West now, my only complaint about the Lincoln stores is that they oversalt the patties. I don't make it in enough to get a representative sample though. I might just eat there when overzealous people on the grill are working.
Perhaps the new one taking over the Zio's at 180th & Center will fix this issue for you? :)
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7331
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)

Post by Busguy2010 »

Padre wrote: Mon Dec 01, 2025 5:39 pm The old Burger King on the other side of Dodge would be a good fit, but not if they’re going to renovate that whole section.
Another good spot would be that perpetually vacant old KFC at 44th & Dodge. I can't help but think if they're going to be back soon, it would almost have to be one of those two.
Last edited by Busguy2010 on Tue Dec 02, 2025 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7331
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)

Post by Busguy2010 »

jessep28 wrote: Tue Dec 02, 2025 10:19 am Being out West now, my only complaint about the Lincoln stores is that they oversalt the patties. I don't make it in enough to get a representative sample though. I might just eat there when overzealous people on the grill are working.
I've noted that at all locations. Its not too bad, but they really take it right ro the edge haha
Padre
Human Relations
Posts: 929
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Don & Millie's (Multiple Locations)

Post by Padre »

My wife and I went to the Don & Millie’s on Farnam, to get in a final Double Don before they close.

We asked the woman at the counter if there were any plans to come back in the area. She said that tentatively, when Nebraska Medicine builds their parking garage, Don & Millie’s will reopen as part of it. Not sure if they will be next to the garage, or be a ground floor location, as part of it. The date was sometime in 2027.

I guess we’ll wait and see.