Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Metro area and region sports discussion
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8989
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by Greg S »

For the game last night I was happy we got the win. We made it rough after jumping out 22-5 early, and up 10 at the half. K State opening with the 8-0 run in the second, made it close all the way to the finish.


I saw where our freshman Braden Frager was named the tournament’s MVP. Looks like a bright future ahead for Lincoln’s own.
User avatar
remline
Library Board
Posts: 261
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2024 10:38 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by remline »

Greg S wrote: Sat Nov 22, 2025 9:53 am Can someone explain what happened at the end? I saw where Hoiberg made his first free throw then intentionally missed his second, only to have the officials add time after he missed?
I tried to figure this out by looking at ESPN's "Play-by-Play". I didn't learn the answer, but evidently it was quite an action-packed final zero seconds!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110949
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by nebugeater »

Intentionally missing the last free throw with under a second left it made the clock run. K State did not have enough time to rebound AND then call a timeout. If they had made it, then the clock stops, and K State could run one desperation shot play.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8989
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by Greg S »

Anyone one notice that Berke (and trying to be kind here), looks more "fit" this year than last?
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110949
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by nebugeater »

Greg S wrote: Mon Nov 24, 2025 9:33 am Anyone one notice that Berke (and trying to be kind here), looks more "fit" this year than last?
For sure

And to confirm, I googled his name and compared some game photos from last season to this season. Big change
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8989
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by Greg S »

nebugeater wrote: Mon Nov 24, 2025 10:10 am
Greg S wrote: Mon Nov 24, 2025 9:33 am Anyone one notice that Berke (and trying to be kind here), looks more "fit" this year than last?
For sure

And to confirm, I googled his name and compared some game photos from last season to this season. Big change
OK good. I was just doing it by memory (and mine isn't as good as it used to be) and just thought he looked different.
Louie
County Board
Posts: 4936
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
Location: Dundee

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by Louie »

Not sure how long its been since Nebraska was ranked but they got 27 votes in todays AP Top 25: https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... e-arizona/
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110949
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by nebugeater »

Louie wrote: Mon Nov 24, 2025 2:32 pm Not sure how long its been since Nebraska was ranked but they got 27 votes in todays AP Top 25: https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... e-arizona/
Looks like the 27 vote total puts them at 31

2018 ranked #24 in December for two weeks per AI results

2024 they recieved votes after beating the Jays
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
OmahaRedWing
Human Relations
Posts: 522
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:39 pm

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by OmahaRedWing »

Braden Frager named Big 10 Freshman of the week.

https://huskers.com/news/2025/11/24/fra ... f-the-week
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8989
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by Greg S »

No Berke tonight. Kevin Kugler just said on the broadcast he sprained his ankle in practice.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110949
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by nebugeater »

Nice to get win #7 last night with an 80-73 victory Winthrop

Not pretty but got the win.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Louie
County Board
Posts: 4936
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
Location: Dundee

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by Louie »

nebugeater wrote: Wed Nov 26, 2025 5:57 am Nice to get win #7 last night with an 80-73 victory Winthrop

Not pretty but got the win.
Reink showed out big, though. Nice to see him have such a dominating performance.
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8989
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by Greg S »

Louie wrote: Wed Nov 26, 2025 9:01 am
nebugeater wrote: Wed Nov 26, 2025 5:57 am Nice to get win #7 last night with an 80-73 victory Winthrop

Not pretty but got the win.
Reink showed out big, though. Nice to see him have such a dominating performance.
Yeah the depth helped. Not one of our better overall games. Trailed at the half. They should not have looked ahead as Winthrop had already lost by 1 to Arkansas.

Oh well, a win is a win.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110949
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by nebugeater »

Greg S wrote: Wed Nov 26, 2025 9:38 am
Louie wrote: Wed Nov 26, 2025 9:01 am
nebugeater wrote: Wed Nov 26, 2025 5:57 am Nice to get win #7 last night with an 80-73 victory Winthrop

Not pretty but got the win.
Reink showed out big, though. Nice to see him have such a dominating performance.
Yeah the depth helped. Not one of our better overall games. Trailed at the half. They should not have looked ahead as Winthrop had already lost by 1 to Arkansas.

Oh well, a win is a win.
For many past years, this would have been a loss, no doubt. Can't predict where this season will go, but so far I'm hopeful. PM me if you can use two tickets for the Sat game. I have a family event conflict.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8989
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by Greg S »

It’s early but Michigan looks scary good. I saw where the blew out a good Gonzaga team this week by 40 points…..
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8989
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by Greg S »

Just saw that Connor Essegian suffered an ankle injury against Winthrop. He’s out for the year.

He posted that he’s applying for a medical hardship to be able to play next year.
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8989
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by Greg S »

Nice to see Berke back in the lineup.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110949
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by nebugeater »

Well, the Husker men's team made it to 8-0 to start the season. A couple of sold wins in the mix and a couple of games closer than they maybe should have been. Their next game is hosting Creighton in Lincoln on Sunday, the 7th, with a 4 PM start. The Jays have one more game before the Huskers and are currently 4-3.

What is your prediction for this game this year?
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Louie
County Board
Posts: 4936
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
Location: Dundee

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by Louie »

nebugeater wrote: Mon Dec 01, 2025 7:07 am Well, the Husker men's team made it to 8-0 to start the season. A couple of sold wins in the mix and a couple of games closer than they maybe should have been. Their next game is hosting Creighton in Lincoln on Sunday, the 7th, with a 4 PM start. The Jays have one more game before the Huskers and are currently 4-3.

What is your prediction for this game this year?
As great as being 8-0 is, I don't fully trust this team yet. Especially with Essegian's injury. I think it's a coin toss right now, Creighton has really not impressed much but they have the pedigree of a better program so who knows.
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8989
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by Greg S »

Louie wrote: Mon Dec 01, 2025 8:52 am
nebugeater wrote: Mon Dec 01, 2025 7:07 am Well, the Husker men's team made it to 8-0 to start the season. A couple of sold wins in the mix and a couple of games closer than they maybe should have been. Their next game is hosting Creighton in Lincoln on Sunday, the 7th, with a 4 PM start. The Jays have one more game before the Huskers and are currently 4-3.

What is your prediction for this game this year?
As great as being 8-0 is, I don't fully trust this team yet. Especially with Essegian's injury. I think it's a coin toss right now, Creighton has really not impressed much but they have the pedigree of a better program so who knows.
Yeah I wish he had another game or two to get the team adjusted to Essegian's injury. I really think of him as a glue guy and team leader. Easy player to root for and seems willing to do whatever it takes, definitely a team first guy.

Hoiberg has been better against Creighton than his predecessors (not that it's saying much). That being said, these games always seem to mean so much more to Creighton (and their fans).
Louie
County Board
Posts: 4936
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
Location: Dundee

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by Louie »

On a separate note (idk if there is a thread) but Bryce McGowens led New Orleans in scoring last night against the Lakers.
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8989
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by Greg S »

Louie wrote: Mon Dec 01, 2025 9:36 am On a separate note (idk if there is a thread) but Bryce McGowens led New Orleans in scoring last night against the Lakers.
Even though their time here was brief, it seemed to really strike a nerve. They are both frequent visitors when the schedule allows.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110949
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by nebugeater »

Huskers 71 - 50 over the Jays.

Have to say I was hopeful but nervous about this game, but no chance this final score was on my Bingo card.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
almighty_tuna
City Council
Posts: 106375
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by almighty_tuna »

I was not shocked about this outcome in the least. Creighton is sorely lacking an anchor - it's five guys running amok without a leader on the floor or a cohesive attack plan. That and Nebraska is actually doing well.
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8989
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by Greg S »

nebugeater wrote: Mon Dec 08, 2025 5:41 am Huskers 71 - 50 over the Jays.

Have to say I was hopeful but nervous about this game, but no chance this final score was on my Bingo card.
Yeah I think Nebraska was only about a 4 point favorite…..
Louie
County Board
Posts: 4936
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
Location: Dundee

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by Louie »

Nebraska now ranked 23rd in the AP Top 25. First ranking since 2018 and the highest ranking since 2015. Two big games against Wisconsin and Illinois this week.
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8989
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by Greg S »

Louie wrote: Mon Dec 08, 2025 12:14 pm Nebraska now ranked 23rd in the AP Top 25. First ranking since 2018 and the highest ranking since 2015. Two big games against Wisconsin and Illinois this week.
And I believe the women also entered the polls at #24.

Greg
User avatar
remline
Library Board
Posts: 261
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2024 10:38 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by remline »

If Indiana can become a football school, Nebraska might as well become a basketball school! Congrats to both teams thus far.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110949
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by nebugeater »

Huskers host Wisconsin at 8 PM on Wednesday to open conference play. What I see so far is the Vegas line has the Huskers favored by 7.5
Can they keep it going?
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8989
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by Greg S »

nebugeater wrote: Tue Dec 09, 2025 8:28 am Huskers host Wisconsin at 8 PM on Wednesday to open conference play. What I see so far is the Vegas line has the Huskers favored by 7.5
Can they keep it going?
As a long time NU basketball fan I am conditioned to expect the worst. Would love to see this continue. Looks so weird for us to be favored over Wisconsin, especially by 7.5.....
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110949
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by nebugeater »

Greg S wrote: Tue Dec 09, 2025 11:25 am
nebugeater wrote: Tue Dec 09, 2025 8:28 am Huskers host Wisconsin at 8 PM on Wednesday to open conference play. What I see so far is the Vegas line has the Huskers favored by 7.5
Can they keep it going?
As a long time NU basketball fan I am conditioned to expect the worst. Would love to see this continue. Looks so weird for us to be favored over Wisconsin, especially by 7.5.....
Right there, too.
Been a season ticket holder since moving back to Nebraska in 1999, and while I was in college. Always followed when out of state. A number of times I have wanted to stop the season tickets, but the voice in my head has always said, if I do that, will that be "the year"? Well, I still have my tickets and am fearful that some level this year to hope this IS the year and I have tickets!
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
Louie
County Board
Posts: 4936
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
Location: Dundee

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by Louie »

Wow, the huskers blasted wisconsin by 30. Im quite stunned.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110949
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by nebugeater »

The game started close, but the Huskers started to pull away in the first half and never looked back. Up 47-31 at half, and the final was 90-60

10-0 for the season. Only the second time ever.

It will be interesting on Saturday when they are on the road at #13 Illinois. 3 PM Cent on Peacock
This is the game I have thought would be a loss, but I'm starting to feel the Huskers may have a chance.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8989
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by Greg S »

nebugeater wrote: Thu Dec 11, 2025 6:08 am The game started close, but the Huskers started to pull away in the first half and never looked back. Up 47-31 at half, and the final was 90-60

10-0 for the season. Only the second time ever.

It will be interesting on Saturday when they are on the road at #13 Illinois. 3 PM Cent on Peacock
This is the game I have thought would be a loss, but I'm starting to feel the Huskers may have a chance.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch any of it. I'm in Chesapeake, VA for work this week. Staying at the Aloft here and they didn't have the game on in the lobby bar. Was surprised I got to watch Iowa State vs Iowa women's game.

I followed along on my phone. This to me was the most surprising result of the season (close 2nd is the exhibition win over BYU-but again it was an exhibition). Never saw us beating Wisconsin so convincingly. Wow.

Greg
Louie
County Board
Posts: 4936
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
Location: Dundee

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by Louie »

Man, this Illinois game is going to be massive.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110949
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by nebugeater »

Greg S wrote: Thu Dec 11, 2025 8:40 am
nebugeater wrote: Thu Dec 11, 2025 6:08 am The game started close, but the Huskers started to pull away in the first half and never looked back. Up 47-31 at half, and the final was 90-60

10-0 for the season. Only the second time ever.

It will be interesting on Saturday when they are on the road at #13 Illinois. 3 PM Cent on Peacock
This is the game I have thought would be a loss, but I'm starting to feel the Huskers may have a chance.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch any of it. I'm in Chesapeake, VA for work this week. Staying at the Aloft here and they didn't have the game on in the lobby bar. Was surprised I got to watch Iowa State vs Iowa women's game.

I followed along on my phone. This to me was the most surprising result of the season (close 2nd is the exhibition win over BYU-but again it was an exhibition). Never saw us beating Wisconsin so convincingly. Wow.

Greg
A win over WIs was not a surprise, the way the season has started. The shocker was how they won. If you cross it on the net, watch the post-game comments from the Wisconsin coach. If I see it again I will link it
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
remline
Library Board
Posts: 261
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2024 10:38 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by remline »

nebugeater wrote: Thu Dec 11, 2025 9:36 am If you cross it on the net, watch the post-game comments from the Wisconsin coach.
OmahaRedWing
Human Relations
Posts: 522
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:39 pm

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by OmahaRedWing »

nebugeater wrote: Thu Dec 11, 2025 9:36 am
Greg S wrote: Thu Dec 11, 2025 8:40 am
nebugeater wrote: Thu Dec 11, 2025 6:08 am The game started close, but the Huskers started to pull away in the first half and never looked back. Up 47-31 at half, and the final was 90-60

10-0 for the season. Only the second time ever.

It will be interesting on Saturday when they are on the road at #13 Illinois. 3 PM Cent on Peacock
This is the game I have thought would be a loss, but I'm starting to feel the Huskers may have a chance.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch any of it. I'm in Chesapeake, VA for work this week. Staying at the Aloft here and they didn't have the game on in the lobby bar. Was surprised I got to watch Iowa State vs Iowa women's game.

I followed along on my phone. This to me was the most surprising result of the season (close 2nd is the exhibition win over BYU-but again it was an exhibition). Never saw us beating Wisconsin so convincingly. Wow.

Greg
A win over WIs was not a surprise, the way the season has started. The shocker was how they won. If you cross it on the net, watch the post-game comments from the Wisconsin coach. If I see it again I will link it
It was the way we beat them and by how much that made this the most impressive game so far.
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8989
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by Greg S »

remline wrote: Thu Dec 11, 2025 10:34 am
nebugeater wrote: Thu Dec 11, 2025 9:36 am If you cross it on the net, watch the post-game comments from the Wisconsin coach.
This is great, thanks!
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 8989
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am

Re: Nebraska Basketball 2025-2026

Post by Greg S »

Nebraska opens as a 9 point underdog at Illinois Saturday.