Brad wrote: Sun Aug 31, 2025 11:38 am
Planning board item for a 13,500 SF Retail building. Its the size of a Walgreens, but doesn't have a drive through. Has a loading dock with 3 dumpsters and a lot of parking for a building that size. Too small for a fairway or Aldi.
iamjacobm wrote: Thu Dec 18, 2025 2:53 pm
They just announced that Arhaus, West Elm, Williams Sonoma and Pottery Barn will be retail tenants here. Definitely some higher end names.
Those brands will all be great for the Omaha market.
iamjacobm wrote: Thu Dec 18, 2025 2:53 pm
They just announced that Arhaus, West Elm, Williams Sonoma and Pottery Barn will be retail tenants here. Definitely some higher end names.
Interesting, so all home good/furnishings stores? Also, Yates must be jelly. Wasn't West Elm rumored for NEX?
Here is a link to the press release where they talk about more leasing activity. Don’t have any inside info but based on the first batch of retailers this feels like a very natural place for Omaha’s second Whole Foods.
iamjacobm wrote: Thu Dec 18, 2025 2:53 pm
They just announced that Arhaus, West Elm, Williams Sonoma and Pottery Barn will be retail tenants here. Definitely some higher end names.
Interesting, so all home good/furnishings stores? Also, Yates must be jelly. Wasn't West Elm rumored for NEX?
Yates said it on Grow Omaha multiple times, name dropping West Elm along with both Crate & Barrel and CB2 lol. CB2 is not coming to Nebraska, let alone Gretna.
Are Williams Sonoma and Pottery Barn moving from Regency then? I'd have to think so and I don't like it. KC and STL only have one location of each. I don't think they would place two in Omaha.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
iamjacobm wrote: Thu Dec 18, 2025 2:53 pm
They just announced that Arhaus, West Elm, Williams Sonoma and Pottery Barn will be retail tenants here. Definitely some higher end names.
Interesting, so all home good/furnishings stores? Also, Yates must be jelly. Wasn't West Elm rumored for NEX?
Yates said it on Grow Omaha multiple times, name dropping West Elm along with both Crate & Barrel and CB2 lol. CB2 is not coming to Nebraska, let alone Gretna.
Are…..are you saying that Rod Yates is full of it about something?!?!? How DARE you! He’s as honest as the workday is short!
He wasn't full of BS, he just lost out to a better offer. He was absolutely right that West Elm was shopping the Omaha market, he just didn't persuade/entice them enough to move to NEX.
riceweb wrote: Fri Dec 19, 2025 9:02 am
He wasn't full of BS, he just lost out to a better offer. He was absolutely right that West Elm was shopping the Omaha market, he just didn't persuade/entice them enough to move to NEX.
He named dropped West Elm, Crate & Barrel, and CB2 for the first time 8 years ago on Grow Omaha. When I talked to Johanna Boston (the Chief Marketing Officer for NEX at the time) and asked if they were in active negotiations with those brands, she told that those were just the type of home brands that they wanted there. Rod then named dropped them other times since then so I guess it's possible that he at least met with them (like he did with the NHL commission) but did they take him seriously? Maybe, but West Elm & Crate & Barrel are highly highly unlikely to go to an area/demographic like Gretna and CB2 definitely won't, so I'm inclined to believe he was nowhere near landing any of these brands even if he did meet with them.
Doctor Fate wrote: Fri Dec 19, 2025 9:57 am
He named dropped West Elm, Crate & Barrel, and CB2 for the first time 8 years ago on Grow Omaha. When I talked to Johanna Boston (the Chief Marketing Officer for NEX at the time) and asked if they were in active negotiations with those brands, she told that those were just the type of home brands that they wanted there. Rod then named dropped them other times since then so I guess it's possible that he at least met with them (like he did with the NHL commission) but did they take him seriously? Maybe, but West Elm & Crate & Barrel are highly highly unlikely to go to an area/demographic like Gretna and CB2 definitely won't, so I'm inclined to believe he was nowhere near landing any of these brands even if he did meet with them.
He could absolutely be lying, I just think it's more likely that they met with him like they probably do lots of other developers. I would assume "active negotiations" is different than "maintaining contact for when/if we are ready to expand or relocate a franchise" which is a level of contact they probably keep with literally hundreds of developers nationwide at any given time, and I'd further suggest that they probably get very loose, high-level bids from developers to hold over their existing landlords (i.e. "Hey Regency, NEX wants to give us $x incentives, can we get a rent reduction?", that type of thing)
Doctor Fate wrote: Fri Dec 19, 2025 9:57 am
He named dropped West Elm, Crate & Barrel, and CB2 for the first time 8 years ago on Grow Omaha. When I talked to Johanna Boston (the Chief Marketing Officer for NEX at the time) and asked if they were in active negotiations with those brands, she told that those were just the type of home brands that they wanted there. Rod then named dropped them other times since then so I guess it's possible that he at least met with them (like he did with the NHL commission) but did they take him seriously? Maybe, but West Elm & Crate & Barrel are highly highly unlikely to go to an area/demographic like Gretna and CB2 definitely won't, so I'm inclined to believe he was nowhere near landing any of these brands even if he did meet with them.
He could absolutely be lying, I just think it's more likely that they met with him like they probably do lots of other developers. I would assume "active negotiations" is different than "maintaining contact for when/if we are ready to expand or relocate a franchise" which is a level of contact they probably keep with literally hundreds of developers nationwide at any given time, and I'd further suggest that they probably get very loose, high-level bids from developers to hold over their existing landlords (i.e. "Hey Regency, NEX wants to give us $x incentives, can we get a rent reduction?", that type of thing)
I am not sure I would categorize Rod Yates as a liar. He has an ego and dreams big, like a lot of other developers. What sets him apart from many others is that he dreams out loud.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
nebugeater wrote: Fri Dec 19, 2025 1:13 pm
I am not sure I would categorize Rod Yates as a liar. He has an ego and dreams big, like a lot of other developers. What sets him apart from many others is that he dreams out loud.
Another distinction is that he says his dreams out loud and puts a date on when they are going to happen, like the US Olympic volleyball move to NEX (contract would be signed by the end of March 2024), the partnership with the B1G and rebranding to B1G Crossing "within 30 days" of 9/21/2024 (in November 2024 he said it would be rebranded as "Collegiate Crossing"), a partnership with Nike to rename streets after B1G coaches and athletes by end of 2024, or that he had all his financing secured for his $5 billion proposal and infrastructure work would start in Jan 2025 so the new brands (three of whom were from different continents) would open in 2027. These are just a few.
nebugeater wrote: Fri Dec 19, 2025 1:13 pm
I am not sure I would categorize Rod Yates as a liar. He has an ego and dreams big, like a lot of other developers. What sets him apart from many others is that he dreams out loud.
Another distinction is that he says his dreams out loud and puts a date on when they are going to happen, like the US Olympic volleyball move to NEX (contract would be signed by the end of March 2024), the partnership with the B1G and rebranding to B1G Crossing "within 30 days" of 9/21/2024 (in November 2024 he said it would be rebranded as "Collegiate Crossing"), a partnership with Nike to rename streets after B1G coaches and athletes by end of 2024, or that he had all his financing secured for his $5 billion proposal and infrastructure work would start in Jan 2025 so the new brands (three of whom were from different continents) would open in 2027. These are just a few.
I do believe he speaks things that are 100% not true and not going to happen. I would call that lying. Or I suppose we could spin it how the media spins lies and call them “false claims”.
I saw this last night - appears to be a high-end place. This development certainly looks like it's going to upend Regency (One Pacific Place and Regency Court) along with Village Pointe as far as tenants. Might even have valet parking!
I saw this last night - appears to be a high-end place. This development certainly looks like it's going to upend Regency (One Pacific Place and Regency Court) along with Village Pointe as far as tenants. Might even have valet parking!
Completely different demographics, Regency and Avenue One.
I saw this last night - appears to be a high-end place. This development certainly looks like it's going to upend Regency (One Pacific Place and Regency Court) along with Village Pointe as far as tenants. Might even have valet parking!
Completely different demographics, Regency and Avenue One.
How's that? Regency, at least at its inception, was certainly intending to cater to high-end demographics, higher household income. It comes with the geographical location. You wouldn't see a Mega Saver drop into One Pacific Place. Same goes with Avenue One.
However, I would say that with the tenant list they have so far, Avenue One may be on track to be placed even slightly higher than the Regency demo. If a grocer happens to go into the Ave One area, it is very likely to be a Trader Joes or something like Whole Foods (although I'd find it highly unlikely we'd get another Whole Foods straight west on the same corridor from the existing location).
Main difference I see for the demographics between the two locations is that Regency has old money, whereas Ave One/West O is newer money.
Garrett wrote: Wed Jan 21, 2026 8:33 pm
Quite the series of tenant announcements going on, do we have a site plan or renderings beyond the early conceptual stuff?
Garrett wrote: Wed Jan 21, 2026 8:33 pm
Quite the series of tenant announcements going on, do we have a site plan or renderings beyond the early conceptual stuff?
Garrett wrote: Wed Jan 21, 2026 8:33 pm
Quite the series of tenant announcements going on, do we have a site plan or renderings beyond the early conceptual stuff?
Linkin5 wrote: Thu Jan 22, 2026 9:41 am
Thank God this got one of the few Good Life Districts awarded.
What a joooooke lol
Fraud at this point.
This really should be investigated. Besides the Bellevue and Kearney projects maybe, has there been any development announced that wouldn’t have otherwise been built without all of these incentives?
Linkin5 wrote: Thu Jan 22, 2026 9:41 am
Thank God this got one of the few Good Life Districts awarded.
What a joooooke lol
Fraud at this point.
This really should be investigated. Besides the Bellevue and Kearney projects maybe, has there been any development announced that wouldn’t have otherwise been built without all of these incentives?
Retail is honestly one of the stupidest things to subsidize. This will open up and some other shopping center in town will just close to compensate.