Hy-Vee

News and releases from metro area businesses
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7334
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Hy-Vee

Post by Busguy2010 »

How long has milk been distinguished as "white milk"?
Image
I've never heard that in my day to day :lol:
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036609
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Hy-Vee

Post by Brad »

Back when I worked at Baker's 30 years ago, it was Whole, Skim, 1%, 2%, and Chocolate... Never seen it just called "White Milk"

Now in 2026, my kids call it "Cow Milk"... LOL
Padre
Human Relations
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:53 am
Location: Omaha

Re: Hy-Vee

Post by Padre »

Busguy2010 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2026 1:17 am How long has milk been distinguished as "white milk"?
Image
I've never heard that in my day to day :lol:
I have vague memories of having a choice between white milk and chocolate milk in the school cafeteria, when I was a child.
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 9004
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:46 pm

Re: Hy-Vee

Post by Greg S »

Padre wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2026 2:05 am
Busguy2010 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2026 1:17 am How long has milk been distinguished as "white milk"?
Image
I've never heard that in my day to day :lol:
I have vague memories of having a choice between white milk and chocolate milk in the school cafeteria, when I was a child.

That's how I remember differentiating it in grade school and junior high.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7334
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 am
Location: North Central Omaha

Re: Hy-Vee

Post by Busguy2010 »

I never heard that until the other day. But then again, theres a small percentage of people that truly think chocolate milk comes from brown cows, so I guess you can never rule anything out.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110985
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Hy-Vee

Post by nebugeater »

Busguy2010 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2026 9:52 pm I never heard that until the other day. But then again, theres a small percentage of people that truly think chocolate milk comes from brown cows, so I guess you can never rule anything out.
So, where does Strawberry milk originate from?
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2515
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:51 pm

Re: Hy-Vee

Post by ChadJK »

Greg S wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2026 4:05 pm That's how I remember differentiating it in grade school and junior high.
I remember a classmate in elementary school that said he was allergic to "white milk" but not to chocolate milk.
User avatar
BRoss
IT Director
Posts: 10003397
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:39 am
Location: West Central Omaha

Re: Hy-Vee

Post by BRoss »

nebugeater wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2026 11:01 am
Busguy2010 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2026 9:52 pm I never heard that until the other day. But then again, theres a small percentage of people that truly think chocolate milk comes from brown cows, so I guess you can never rule anything out.
So, where does Strawberry milk originate from?
Image
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110985
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Hy-Vee

Post by nebugeater »

BRoss wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2026 2:57 pm
nebugeater wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2026 11:01 am
Busguy2010 wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2026 9:52 pm I never heard that until the other day. But then again, theres a small percentage of people that truly think chocolate milk comes from brown cows, so I guess you can never rule anything out.
So, where does Strawberry milk originate from?
Image
Someone went back in time and fired up MS Paint!!!!!!
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
almighty_tuna
City Council
Posts: 106387
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado

Re: Hy-Vee

Post by almighty_tuna »

ehhh, i don't think so. those eyes look suspiciously South Park-ish.
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2147
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:44 am
Location: Omaha

Re: Hy-Vee

Post by djc311 »

almighty_tuna wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2026 3:50 pm ehhh, i don't think so. those eyes look suspiciously South Park-ish.
I was going to say the same thing - definitely some South Park vibes on this cow.
User avatar
BRoss
IT Director
Posts: 10003397
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:39 am
Location: West Central Omaha

Re: Hy-Vee

Post by BRoss »

almighty_tuna wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2026 3:50 pm ehhh, i don't think so. those eyes look suspiciously South Park-ish.
Yep, ginger cow episode :lol:

Image

Got it from the South Park Fandom website - https://southpark.fandom.com/wiki/Ginger_Cow_(Animal)
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110985
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Hy-Vee

Post by nebugeater »

BRoss wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2026 6:35 pm
almighty_tuna wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2026 3:50 pm ehhh, i don't think so. those eyes look suspiciously South Park-ish.
Yep, ginger cow episode :lol:

Image

Got it from the South Park Fandom website - https://southpark.fandom.com/wiki/Ginger_Cow_(Animal)
I get a pass becuase I am not a South Park watcher!!!
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!