Garrett wrote: ↑Sat Jan 03, 2026 12:10 am
I think a lot of it has been us living in a streetcar hype where we wanna see something greater than 15 stories break ground that isn’t Mutual, while also seeing Drury pivot to this lot given the limits on the previous lot that this plan doesn’t even seem to surpass. Yeah it’s a lovely project but I think there was just a general hype that it might be more.
I'd be bothered more if it was 8 stories on the old UP lot, but since this is on 10th Street, it seems to fit more with the Old Market. Not that I wouldn't love it if they were to decide on something taller, but 8 stories - not too shabby for the area.
I think in time you'll see highrises come about after the streetcar is up and running for a few years, and I envision them sprouting up between 20th and 31st Streets.