User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
From the Cryptic Rumor Dept- I have been informed that there will be “Mutual of Omaha” lettering as signage- which will adorn the Tower, but, unfortunately, not their Lion Logo.. Something about logistics etc.. But like all things, likely a cost related issue…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
jjjjhskr
Human Relations
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:31 am
Location: O!
jjjjhskr
Human Relations
I’m pretty sure the lion emblem is going on the round spot high on the parking garage on the east side. At least that’s what I was told. Could be wrong.
Back Home in Omaha!
TheLaggingNovice
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2025 4:25 pm
TheLaggingNovice
New to the Neighborhood
Was in town for a graduation, went to baseball game yesterday. Moving along.

Image

Image
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036556
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Thanks, Looks good from the ballpark!
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Those pics look great from the ballpark :thumb: …

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
Cermak
Planning Board
Posts: 2330
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:02 pm
Cermak
Planning Board
Love the pictures from the ballpark, Thanks !
The Mutual tower is almost done.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036556
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
After chasing the Big Boy across eastern Nebraska, I photographed it with the Mutual Tower and then grabbed some other shots of the tower. Check out the large scaffolding. I'm assuming that's for the sign and I am assuming the sign is up by the CWS. I can't imagine they want scaffolding up there any longer than necessary.

1.
20260529881A6908.jpg
2.
20260529881A6920.jpg
3.
20260529881A6922.jpg
4.
20260529881A6937.jpg
5.
20260529881A6940.jpg

.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7328
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
#1, now thats what I'm talkin bout.
mgoett
Home Owners Association
Posts: 152
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:45 pm
mgoett
Home Owners Association
:fruit: very nice. #1 is a pic I would like large on my wall
GetUrban
Planning Board
Posts: 2648
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: Omaha
GetUrban
Planning Board
# 4. Needless to say, I would not ever want to have to work from that scaffolding! Looking forward to seeing the final signage though! Great pics as always.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036556
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Thanks Guys!
mikey cee
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:13 pm
mikey cee
New to the Neighborhood
I was under the impression that the lion head logo and company signage were all behind the glass curtain wall. Powerful bright LED's "punch" thru that bluish wall of glass so that it is visible 24 hours a day. It's somewhat similar to what the Devon Tower in Oklahoma City uses. The lion and name stay white but will be accompanied by colorful light play depending on the need or occasion.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036556
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
I went to take a photo of the thunderheads behind the Mutual Tower, but I probably needed to be downtown for that. Instead of got a photo of a really small airplane above the tower crane.

1.
20260601881A6960.jpg
.
arch_RP_planner
Home Owners Association
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2024 10:02 am
arch_RP_planner
Home Owners Association
Brad wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 8:48 pm I went to take a photo of the thunderheads behind the Mutual Tower, but I probably needed to be downtown for that. Instead of got a photo of a really small airplane above the tower crane.

1.
20260601881A6960.jpg

.
So cool; both the First National Bank Tower and Woodmen Tower cast reflections on the facade. Amazing shot, Brad!
GenX
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1230
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:16 pm
Location: Omaha
GenX
Parks & Recreation
From Reddit:

The Mutual of Omaha sign is being created by Omaha Neon Sign Co and is going up next week.

Image

https://www.reddit.com/r/Omaha/s/ktpZPkEy5W
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036556
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
arch_RP_planner wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 9:41 pm So cool; both the First National Bank Tower and Woodmen Tower cast reflections on the facade. Amazing shot, Brad!
Thanks!
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036556
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
A look inside the crown:

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/14dqd1zxVC1/
Screenshot 2026-06-04 094229.jpg
711406298_18114306869505370_970707719197223244_n.jpg
almighty_tuna
City Council
Posts: 106375
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
almighty_tuna
City Council
That's a super cool view!
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036556
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
almighty_tuna wrote: ↑Thu Jun 04, 2026 9:46 am That's a super cool view!
Sure is. I have so many questions I would like to ask about all the different things I am seeing in that photo. I bet I have stared at it for 10 min, just so much going on in there.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036556
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Really low clouds tonight were the same heigh as the tower crane. They were flowing through the tower crane and then over the First National tower where the FNBO spotlights lit them up.

1.
20260604881A7021.jpg
.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036556
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
WOWT City Camera shows the first part of the sign going up.
Screenshot 2026-06-05 145501.jpg
almighty_tuna
City Council
Posts: 106375
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
almighty_tuna
City Council
O!
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036556
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Brad wrote: ↑Fri Jun 05, 2026 2:55 pm WOWT City Camera shows the first part of the sign going up.

Screenshot 2026-06-05 145501.jpg
Better One:
Screenshot 2026-06-05 145914.jpg
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7328
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
I think im going to like this better than just the lion. This'll be the largest presentation of the city's name. Make no mistake where you are. Unless I'm just completely clueless, its not too often a building this big houses a company that bears the home city's name.
NEDodger
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1356
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:19 am
NEDodger
Parks & Recreation
Busguy2010 wrote: ↑Fri Jun 05, 2026 3:07 pm its not too often a building this big houses a company that bears the home city's name.
Time for Omaha Steaks to build a mixed use HQ/residential/hotel tower that hits 50 stories.
Cermak
Planning Board
Posts: 2330
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:02 pm
Cermak
Planning Board
Is the name going up on both sides or just the Northside ?.
nebport5
Planning Board
Posts: 2803
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:13 pm
Location: 68102
nebport5
Planning Board
Cermak wrote: ↑Fri Jun 05, 2026 3:50 pm Is the name going up on both sides or just the Northside ?.
Just the North.
User avatar
Garrett
County Board
Posts: 4692
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: New York City
User avatar
Garrett
County Board
Surprised they're not doing it on the east side.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2138
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha
djc311
Planning Board
NEDodger wrote: ↑Fri Jun 05, 2026 3:26 pm
Busguy2010 wrote: ↑Fri Jun 05, 2026 3:07 pm its not too often a building this big houses a company that bears the home city's name.
Time for Omaha Steaks to build a mixed use HQ/residential/hotel tower that hits 50 stories.
LOL - The way they're acting, I wouldn't be surprised if they up and moved out of Omaha. They're about as far removed from being an Omaha-centric company now as can be considering their history. I'm still not happy with how they pulled the plug on all of their restaurant clients, especially right before St. Patrick's Day this year.

I blame it on the external hire CEO... they say it's family-owned and operated, but I'd argue it's certainly not the same as it was 5-10 years ago. They have their warehouse and old retail store off of 96th & L emptied out and up for sale, too. It's been that way for a few months now, at least.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036556
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Photos:

1. Near the Federal Building
20260605881A7043.jpg
2. Near the Baby Bob
20260605881A7059.jpg
3. Concourse of Charles Schwab Field
20260605881A7090.jpg
4. Concourse of Charles Schwab Field
20260605881A7092.jpg
.
Cermak
Planning Board
Posts: 2330
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:02 pm
Cermak
Planning Board
A dangerous job hanging those letters. Hopefully it’s not too windy up there. This has to be one of the taller buildings in the Midwest with signage on it.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036556
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
They now have the M in Mutual and the M in Omaha up.
User avatar
Big E
City Council
Posts: 8176
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
Are they giving tours?

I'd look to look out one of the a-holes.
Stable genius.
Delrey512
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2025 12:34 am
Delrey512
New to the Neighborhood
Image
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Brad wrote: ↑Sat Jun 06, 2026 10:39 am They now have the M in Mutual and the M in Omaha up.
Great pics Brad!…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Delrey512 wrote: ↑Sat Jun 06, 2026 2:34 pm Image
Thanks for the pic!…

Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036556
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
All of Omaha is up now. Photo from this afternoon.

1.
20260606881A7155.jpg
.
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7328
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Hmm, don't care much for the font.
User avatar
Dundeemaha
Human Relations
Posts: 597
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:41 am
Location: Country Club
User avatar
Dundeemaha
Human Relations
I like the font quite a bit the O m a all look great, the proportions of the thicker verticals and thinner horizontal sections are nice. Looking forward to seeing the t in Mutual
zippy
Library Board
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:55 pm
Location: Harvey Oaks
Dundeemaha wrote: ↑Sat Jun 06, 2026 4:57 pm Looking forward to seeing the t in Mutual
I bet that it'll have a tail at the bottom similar to the top part of the a