The sign so far and it's font exactly match the company's logo as one would expect.Brad wrote:All of Omaha is up now. Photo from this afternoon.
1. .
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1278
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:06 pm
Location: The Big O
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My old signature got too old. So old it was getting almost as old me as me. Yeah, it was up there in years.
Planning Board
Posts: 2332
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:02 pm
I’m assuming the sign will light up at night ? It looks good so far.
City Council
Posts: 7329
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha
I guess more that I dont care for the a's. Didn't know it was the same font as their printed logo. Which I also consequently dont care for. Oh well.
City Council
Posts: 7329
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha
But now I'm really bugged. I looked it up and some letters are randomly capital. I guess the a's look kind of art deco-y, but why is the H capital? Kind of a hodge podge. Its not Discount Tire bad, not incredibly far off though.
City Council
Posts: 10815
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Chicago
I am pretty sure that is the font Mutual has used since the 1960s.
City Council
Posts: 7329
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:13 pm
Where is the iconic Lion head? He should be placed right on top! The next generations of grand kids will never forget "that" insurance company!
Library Board
Posts: 264
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2024 10:38 am
Just don't accidentally install this:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
County Board
Posts: 4886
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm
Smart to get it on before the CWS. The building itself looks massive from several points on 75 south.
Planning Board
Posts: 2332
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:02 pm
County Board
Posts: 4334
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:50 pm
Location: Council Bluffs
there's a great vantage point from 29 near honey creek/crescent where there is a pretty clear shot of the skyline and it makes it look massive. I was driving so i couldn't get a picture, but someone like Brad with a good camera could get some wicked shots.
Go Cubs Go
City Council
Posts: 11632
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue
I was out in Treynor on Saturday on Hwy 92 and there is a good view as well but again, you would need a good camera.
Photographer
Posts: 1036565
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
I can take a decently clear photo at 4 to 6 miles on some evenings and most nights. However in the daytime, its way less than 4 miles when the heat distortion kicks in. Some days its probably less than one mile.skinzfan23 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 08, 2026 8:26 am I was out in Treynor on Saturday on Hwy 92 and there is a good view as well but again, you would need a good camera.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
County Board
Posts: 4334
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:50 pm
Location: Council Bluffs
this would have been like maybe 11 am-ish? Not quite the heat of the day yet, but certainly may be better to wait until autumn when it's less humid and stuff
Go Cubs Go
City Council
Posts: 106376
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
Photographer
Posts: 1036565
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
From the Channel 6 City Camera, the sign is done!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
County Board
Posts: 6013
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
I don’t doubt that that was the plan all along. Tons of free advertising!
Human Relations
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:59 pm
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1231
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:16 pm
Location: Omaha
Photographer
Posts: 1036565
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
One from this afternoon
1. .
1. .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
Library Board
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:30 pm
Location: West Omaha
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha
Nice pic Brad!…
Ciao..LiO…Peace
Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
Planning Board
Posts: 2803
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:13 pm
Location: 68102
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1231
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:16 pm
Location: Omaha
Their logo used to look like this


Photographer
Posts: 1036565
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Its going to have some, there was a photo of them testing it a few pages back. But it wasn't as much as your image.OmahaOmaha wrote: ↑Mon Jun 08, 2026 9:46 pm
It would be cool if they could light up Mutual of Omaha in a way that would highlight the architectural lines of the building.
Thanks!

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha
Planning Board
Posts: 2139
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha
Wonder if they put RGB LEDs inside the sign to add color changing functions and features for holidays, seasons, etc?
County Board
Posts: 4886
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm
That does look really good thanks for the mock up and hopefully they can integrate some sort of lighting on the edges.OmahaOmaha wrote: ↑Mon Jun 08, 2026 9:46 pm
It would be cool if they could light up Mutual of Omaha in a way that would highlight the architectural lines of the building.
Planning Board
Posts: 2803
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:13 pm
Location: 68102
I doubt they'd be in the actual letters but more likely integrated behind the curtain wall. I remember one of Cowboy's cryptic rumors said something about the top lighting up blue. Based on the renderings the top four rows will also be lit at night.
City Council
Posts: 11632
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue
I was wondering about that as well. I thought that the top floors of the mechanical area were going to be lit similar to FNBO tower. If that happens, I wonder if you will be able to see the Mutual lettering clearly.
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:13 pm
You people and your dang mock-ups. My wife and I thought this was for real. Why not spend some "mock--up" energy on some nice big colorful images of the lion head on the other three sides of the tower. A smaller lion head would look super just to the lower right of center of the Mutual Of Omaha signage. It wouldn't detract a damn bit and would balance nicely. Maybe they could be done from behind the glass wall if it's too late kind of like what is displayed on Devon Tower. Couldn't be a cost issue. Woodmen Life must thinks 4 sides doesn't miff anyone and pays off. I don't know what legal schmegal is involved with government permits but it wouldn't surprise me.
Planning Board
Posts: 2803
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:13 pm
Location: 68102
Well fortunately, it's not going to resemble some A.I. looking slope or The Bank of America Plaza in Dallas, which to my eyes looks tacky and dated with the green edge lights.mikey cee wrote: ↑Tue Jun 09, 2026 4:42 pm You people and your dang mock-ups. My wife and I thought this was for real. Why not spend some "mock--up" energy on some nice big colorful images of the lion head on the other three sides of the tower. A smaller lion head would look super just to the lower right of center of the Mutual Of Omaha signage. It wouldn't detract a damn bit and would balance nicely. Maybe they could be done from behind the glass wall if it's too late kind of like what is displayed on Devon Tower. Couldn't be a cost issue. Woodmen Life must thinks 4 sides doesn't miff anyone and pays off. I don't know what legal schmegal is involved with government permits but it wouldn't surprise me.
If you look on Mutual's website the lion head is significantly larger than the "M" in Mutual. I can imagine that a smaller lion logo atop the tower could get lost visually. Some of the renderings from the North look as though the lion head is there and the text in all on the same line. Obviously Mutual wanted the lettering to be large enough to be clearly legible from not just 480 but say also The Chuck.
Maybe they will at some point project the lion head on the side of the building like First National has done in the past.
Photographer
Posts: 1036565
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Shot a few random Mutual photos tonight.
1. 2. 3. 4. .
1. 2. 3. 4. .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
City Council
Posts: 10815
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Chicago
That first shot composition is fantastic Brad!
Had some fun with the little bit of grit left with the last one too. Soon to be view from the front of the soccer stadium development.
Had some fun with the little bit of grit left with the last one too. Soon to be view from the front of the soccer stadium development.
IT Director
Posts: 10003379
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: West Central Omaha
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2026 9:46 pm
Photographer
Posts: 1036565
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Thanks! The light on those two historic buildings really caught my attention.
Thanks, the reflection is cool. Its different every time I see it.
Thanks!

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
Planning Board
Posts: 2139
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha
Really liking how this building turned out. The garage threw me off as I wasn't sure how you were going to "enclose" it without trapping CO1 inside. I do believe trying to stick all of those employees in a garage and having them all exit at the same time is going to suck. But, I don't work there so it's not a me problem I guess.
City Council
Posts: 8991
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Fortunately not everyone at Mutual works the same shift. It's staggered and has been that way for as long as I can remember.djc311 wrote: ↑Wed Jun 10, 2026 8:52 am Really liking how this building turned out. The garage threw me off as I wasn't sure how you were going to "enclose" it without trapping CO1 inside. I do believe trying to stick all of those employees in a garage and having them all exit at the same time is going to suck. But, I don't work there so it's not a me problem I guess.
County Board
Posts: 4334
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:50 pm
Location: Council Bluffs






