Omaha CVS Discussion

News and releases from metro area businesses
EastCB
Library Board
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:30 am
Location: Council Bluffs

Re: Omaha CVS Discussion

Post by EastCB »

There is one at 545 W. Washington Ave, in Council Bluffs
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Omaha CVS Discussion

Post by ChadJK »

djc311 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2026 12:20 pm Actually, even a lot of Walgreens stores have closed up, too. The one nearest to me on 180th & Q St took out their second drive-thru pharmacy lane which has really impacted their lines that I notice when I drive by. The newest store on HWY 370 and 192nd looks like it's been there for 20 years... it's a dump and depressing.
The new Walgreens in Gretna never seems to have more than 2 people in it. I honestly don't know why it hasn't closed yet.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110960
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Omaha CVS Discussion

Post by nebugeater »

ChadJK wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2026 1:20 pm
djc311 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2026 12:20 pm Actually, even a lot of Walgreens stores have closed up, too. The one nearest to me on 180th & Q St took out their second drive-thru pharmacy lane which has really impacted their lines that I notice when I drive by. The newest store on HWY 370 and 192nd looks like it's been there for 20 years... it's a dump and depressing.
The new Walgreens in Gretna never seems to have more than 2 people in it. I honestly don't know why it hasn't closed yet.
I live in Gretna and have never been there. They have nothing there that I cannot get at HyVee, basically next door, or prescriptions at U Save or Hyvee.

They are probably holding out for the UNMC Medical building being built to their N to possibly drive some traffic

https://www.unmc.edu/newsroom/2026/06/1 ... w-heights/
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
djc311
Planning Board
Posts: 2139
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Omaha CVS Discussion

Post by djc311 »

ChadJK wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2026 1:20 pm
djc311 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2026 12:20 pm Actually, even a lot of Walgreens stores have closed up, too. The one nearest to me on 180th & Q St took out their second drive-thru pharmacy lane which has really impacted their lines that I notice when I drive by. The newest store on HWY 370 and 192nd looks like it's been there for 20 years... it's a dump and depressing.
The new Walgreens in Gretna never seems to have more than 2 people in it. I honestly don't know why it hasn't closed yet.
I agree completely - and as previously mentioned, if I didn't know it had just opened (in the past year or so), I'd swear it had been there for 10-20 years because of the crummy inside. It's not falling apart; it's simply nothing special and looks like it's old. Who builds a brand new business only to have it look like it's outdated?

The only thing I find Walgreens to be good for are cheap photo prints if you use a coupon code. Otherwise, it's about worthless with significantly overpriced meds... OTC medicine at HyVee is expensive, but Walgreens makes HyVee look affordable! LOL
ProgKingHughesker
Home Owners Association
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:32 pm

Re: Omaha CVS Discussion

Post by ProgKingHughesker »

The Papillion one is Target, the rest are freestanding