Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036612
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
looks like a 5 story building, first floor is parking, 4 stories above it , and then several roof top decks.
https://planning.cityofomaha.org/images ... ber/07.pdf
https://planning.cityofomaha.org/images ... ber/07.pdf

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Athomsfere
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2300
- Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:03 am
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
While not what I would love to see there, this looks pretty good.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036612
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
This link has some different renderings too:
https://planning.cityofomaha.org/images ... ber/16.pdf
Here are the renderings in that link I posted last night.

https://planning.cityofomaha.org/images ... ber/16.pdf
Here are the renderings in that link I posted last night.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106389
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
I looked up where this parcel is located and I sure wouldn't want to live there, stuffed between the driveway of the two Riverfront towers and the Gallup parking lot. Great view of downtown, but the rest? Meh. For an urban part of town there isn't much for walkable amenities unless you count the smorgasbord of vending machines at the base of the Bob.
-
ita
- County Board
- Posts: 4753
- Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 pm
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
Not a tower like I wanted, but also not 2-3 story townhomes. It's fine. I find it interesting that the units are all 3-4 bedrooms. I haven't seen many condos in downtown Omaha with that many rooms. Some units are two stories. I think views will be fine. If anything, don't live in the units fronting that side, unless it comes with a steep discount. Haha. I do wonder about that lawn on the west end. Maybe a small retail building in the future?
There is still one more lot in that development, right on the river's edge. Crossing my fingers we get one more tower on that lot.
There is still one more lot in that development, right on the river's edge. Crossing my fingers we get one more tower on that lot.
-
Athomsfere
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2300
- Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:03 am
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
If I was looking when these are selling, I'd consider it at least. Not great access to stuff, but good enough for the Core, really. Easy bike access to a lot of things, but would still need a car to get to Wohlners.ita wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:40 pm Not a tower like I wanted, but also not 2-3 story townhomes. It's fine. I find it interesting that the units are all 3-4 bedrooms. I haven't seen many condos in downtown Omaha with that many rooms. Some units are two stories. I think views will be fine. If anything, don't live in the units fronting that side, unless it comes with a steep discount. Haha. I do wonder about that lawn on the west end. Maybe a small retail building in the future?
There is still one more lot in that development, right on the river's edge. Crossing my fingers we get one more tower on that lot.
-
TitosBuritoBarn
- Planning Board
- Posts: 3281
- Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:08 am
- Location: St. Louis
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
I concur. I was going to make a comment that the first floor is just a blank wall and commits one of the biggest cardinal sins of good urban design, but the more I thought about it the less it seemed like that would have any consequence in this location. And the neighborhood is not likely to see redevelopment into something more urban either with Gallup and CHI Health Center unlikely to make any significant changes in that direction. That on top of the substantial barrier the RR tracks create.almighty_tuna wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:19 pm I looked up where this parcel is located and I sure wouldn't want to live there, stuffed between the driveway of the two Riverfront towers and the Gallup parking lot. Great view of downtown, but the rest? Meh. For an urban part of town there isn't much for walkable amenities unless you count the smorgasbord of vending machines at the base of the Bob.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
-
ita
- County Board
- Posts: 4753
- Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 pm
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
I understand the concerns about this area. It's location is not ideal for those reasons.TitosBuritoBarn wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:48 pmI concur. I was going to make a comment that the first floor is just a blank wall and commits one of the biggest cardinal sins of good urban design, but the more I thought about it the less it seemed like that would have any consequence in this location. And the neighborhood is not likely to see redevelopment into something more urban either with Gallup and CHI Health Center unlikely to make any significant changes in that direction. That on top of the substantial barrier the RR tracks create.almighty_tuna wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:19 pm I looked up where this parcel is located and I sure wouldn't want to live there, stuffed between the driveway of the two Riverfront towers and the Gallup parking lot. Great view of downtown, but the rest? Meh. For an urban part of town there isn't much for walkable amenities unless you count the smorgasbord of vending machines at the base of the Bob.
Depending on how North Downtown develops, though, Baby Bob will provide easier pedestrian/access access there, not to mention a stop for the streetcar. River's Edge is still developing with additional retail and nature-y facilities and trails. Lewis and Clark Park and the Luminarium is just down the street. And your right on a nice riverfront trail. There are still some nice amenities at your doorstep, even if there isn't any retail nearby. There is still decent chunks of developable land that Gallup owns adjacent to Abbott Drive, so who really knows what that area is going to look like in the next decade or two.
Last edited by ita on Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
ita
- County Board
- Posts: 4753
- Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 pm
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
Until Baby Bob and the streetcar are built! Maybe the downtown grocery store is built in North Downtown, then you can bike for groceries.Athomsfere wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:48 pm
Easy bike access to a lot of things, but would still need a car to get to Wohlners.
-
Athomsfere
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2300
- Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:03 am
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
I actually wonder if the CB side is going to be the more livable area in 20 years. A mostly fresh slate, a ton of reasons for real density. And that would be fine too. I mean, I bought in Dundee so it's unlikely to impact me now. But If I lived at this development and the golf course got the street car and filled in with real developments and grocer: That bike ride would be perfect year round. Or North Downtown of course.ita wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:08 pmUntil Baby Bob and the streetcar are built! Maybe the downtown grocery store is built in North Downtown, then you can bike for groceries.Athomsfere wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:48 pm
Easy bike access to a lot of things, but would still need a car to get to Wohlners.
-
nebport5
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2817
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:13 pm
- Location: 68102
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
Athomsfere wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:55 pmI actually wonder if the CB side is going to be the more livable area in 20 years. A mostly fresh slate, a ton of reasons for real density. And that would be fine too. I mean, I bought in Dundee so it's unlikely to impact me now. But If I lived at this development and the golf course got the street car and filled in with real developments and grocer: That bike ride would be perfect year round. Or North Downtown of course.ita wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:08 pmUntil Baby Bob and the streetcar are built! Maybe the downtown grocery store is built in North Downtown, then you can bike for groceries.Athomsfere wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:48 pm
Easy bike access to a lot of things, but would still need a car to get to Wohlners.
I heard Liam already shops at Hy-Vee on Broadway.
"It's just a rendering."
-
Athomsfere
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2300
- Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:03 am
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
Who?nebport5 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:19 pmAthomsfere wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:55 pmI actually wonder if the CB side is going to be the more livable area in 20 years. A mostly fresh slate, a ton of reasons for real density. And that would be fine too. I mean, I bought in Dundee so it's unlikely to impact me now. But If I lived at this development and the golf course got the street car and filled in with real developments and grocer: That bike ride would be perfect year round. Or North Downtown of course.ita wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:08 pmUntil Baby Bob and the streetcar are built! Maybe the downtown grocery store is built in North Downtown, then you can bike for groceries.Athomsfere wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:48 pm
Easy bike access to a lot of things, but would still need a car to get to Wohlners.
I heard Liam already shops at Hy-Vee on Broadway.
-
ita
- County Board
- Posts: 4753
- Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 pm
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
Regarding Liam...viewtopic.php?p=361146&hilit=omaha+brain+drain#p361146Athomsfere wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:34 pmWho?nebport5 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:19 pmAthomsfere wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:55 pmI actually wonder if the CB side is going to be the more livable area in 20 years. A mostly fresh slate, a ton of reasons for real density. And that would be fine too. I mean, I bought in Dundee so it's unlikely to impact me now. But If I lived at this development and the golf course got the street car and filled in with real developments and grocer: That bike ride would be perfect year round. Or North Downtown of course.ita wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:08 pmUntil Baby Bob and the streetcar are built! Maybe the downtown grocery store is built in North Downtown, then you can bike for groceries.Athomsfere wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:48 pm
Easy bike access to a lot of things, but would still need a car to get to Wohlners.
I heard Liam already shops at Hy-Vee on Broadway.
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013720
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
“Liam” is becoming as famous on the forum as “60-90 days” or a project getting “Minarded”, lol..ita wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:56 pmRegarding Liam...viewtopic.php?p=361146&hilit=omaha+brain+drain#p361146Athomsfere wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:34 pmWho?nebport5 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:19 pmAthomsfere wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:55 pmI actually wonder if the CB side is going to be the more livable area in 20 years. A mostly fresh slate, a ton of reasons for real density. And that would be fine too. I mean, I bought in Dundee so it's unlikely to impact me now. But If I lived at this development and the golf course got the street car and filled in with real developments and grocer: That bike ride would be perfect year round. Or North Downtown of course.ita wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:08 pmUntil Baby Bob and the streetcar are built! Maybe the downtown grocery store is built in North Downtown, then you can bike for groceries.Athomsfere wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:48 pm
Easy bike access to a lot of things, but would still need a car to get to Wohlners.
I heard Liam already shops at Hy-Vee on Broadway.
In any case , I like the looks of this project. More residential in the downtown core means more opportunities for amenities like a full service grocery store. I mean, we wouldn’t want “Liam” to drive “all the way” to Council Bluffs for his grocery store needs..would we?
Ciao..LiO…Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
Athomsfere
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2300
- Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:03 am
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106389
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
I was thinking more like a basic b1tch default Sims character
-
legato9
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 166
- Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 6:25 pm
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
Liam is not the blandEST. He’s just super basic. (His cousin Todd is the blandest.)Athomsfere wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:01 pm So Liam is like the blandest suburbanite you can imagine?
Source: viewtopic.php?p=360728#p360728
??
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
Omaha ‘Riverplace’ to break decade-long dearth of newly built condos downtown
Swimming pool atop parking structure stand out feature
OMAHA — A long-vacant property near Omaha’s riverfront is to come alive with a nearly $12 million residential condo project that stands out, in part, for the timing as well as a garage-top swimming pool. The five-story “Riverplace” is believed to be the first new construction condominium structure set to rise downtown in more than a decade.

Riverplace condominiums site shown here as shaded rectangular shape off of Riverfront Drive. (Omaha Planning Department)
-
halgy
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 201
- Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:09 pm
- Location: Downtown Omaha
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
Can't say that I'm interested in that location myself, but I hope that this development indicates some interest in building other condos downtown. If/when it comes time for me to upsize, I'd like to have some more options than the handful of buildings that we have now.
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6019
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
It’s an interesting looking building (compared with the blandness of so many other projects), and the fact that it is replacing an empty lot is an added bonus.
Having more downtown residents is a big plus.
Having more downtown residents is a big plus.
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6019
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
Actually the proposal calls for thirteen 3-bedroom units and four 2-bedroom units.ita wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:40 pm Not a tower like I wanted, but also not 2-3 story townhomes. It's fine. I find it interesting that the units are all 3-4 bedrooms. I haven't seen many condos in downtown Omaha with that many rooms. Some units are two stories. I think views will be fine. If anything, don't live in the units fronting that side, unless it comes with a steep discount. Haha. I do wonder about that lawn on the west end. Maybe a small retail building in the future?
There is still one more lot in that development, right on the river's edge. Crossing my fingers we get one more tower on that lot.
-
ita
- County Board
- Posts: 4753
- Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 pm
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
Thanks for the correction. One document said 3 and 4 beds, but the TIF said 2 and 3 beds. Same with the floorplans. I was hoping for a 4 bed, but it's all good.nativeomahan wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:02 pmActually the proposal calls for thirteen 3-bedroom units and four 2-bedroom units.ita wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:40 pm Not a tower like I wanted, but also not 2-3 story townhomes. It's fine. I find it interesting that the units are all 3-4 bedrooms. I haven't seen many condos in downtown Omaha with that many rooms. Some units are two stories. I think views will be fine. If anything, don't live in the units fronting that side, unless it comes with a steep discount. Haha. I do wonder about that lawn on the west end. Maybe a small retail building in the future?
There is still one more lot in that development, right on the river's edge. Crossing my fingers we get one more tower on that lot.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
Riverfront condo project moves forward after approval from Omaha Planning Board
Riverfront condo project moves forward after approval from Omaha Planning Board
Riverfront condo project moves forward after approval from Omaha Planning Board
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
-
nebport5
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2817
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:13 pm
- Location: 68102
-
Athomsfere
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2300
- Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:03 am
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
I have no updates or insider knowledge.
But it seems impossible to say in 2023. Everything seems to have slowed down or paused.
-
nebport5
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2817
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:13 pm
- Location: 68102
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
Very true.Athomsfere wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:59 amI have no updates or insider knowledge.
But it seems impossible to say in 2023. Everything seems to have slowed down or paused.
"It's just a rendering."
-
ita
- County Board
- Posts: 4753
- Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 pm
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
Since we haven't seen progress here, and maybe for the better. Just this year, we've seen the announcement of the soccer stadium and mixed used development at the Gallup campus and a possible extension to the backside of CHI. That's an additional $500 million in future development right down the street from this site. Maybe this prompts reevaluation/makes it possible for a larger scale building here?nebport5 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:49 pmVery true.Athomsfere wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:59 amI have no updates or insider knowledge.
But it seems impossible to say in 2023. Everything seems to have slowed down or paused.
-
Athomsfere
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2300
- Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:03 am
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
That would be great newsita wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:17 pmSince we haven't seen progress here, and maybe for the better. Just this year, we've seen the announcement of the soccer stadium and mixed used development at the Gallup campus and a possible extension to the backside of CHI. That's an additional $500 million in future development right down the street from this site. Maybe this prompts reevaluation/makes it possible for a larger scale building here?nebport5 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:49 pmVery true.Athomsfere wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:59 amI have no updates or insider knowledge.
But it seems impossible to say in 2023. Everything seems to have slowed down or paused.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036612
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
Looking good this morning:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Renovator2559
- Human Relations
- Posts: 954
- Joined: Tue May 23, 2023 7:48 pm
- Location: Midtown Omaha
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
That is such a nice angle and the sun lighting looks good, this showcases riverfront place; nicely. Thanks!
Home sweet, home...Omaha!
-
Garrett
- County Board
- Posts: 4709
- Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:29 am
- Location: New York City
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
Planning board has an application for 505 Riverfront Plaza this month, the open plot just to the south of the north tower on the river
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
-
iamjacobm
- City Council
- Posts: 10822
- Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:52 am
- Location: Chicago
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
Looks like a handful of townhomes. Mark Sanford is the applicant and this is on his website. https://marksanfordgroup.com/portfolio- ... front-row/Garrett wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 1:39 pm Planning board has an application for 505 Riverfront Plaza this month, the open plot just to the south of the north tower on the river
-
Garrett
- County Board
- Posts: 4709
- Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:29 am
- Location: New York City
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
That might be an earlier concept, the docs are up and it calls for a 9 unit apartment building instead of 5 townhomesiamjacobm wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 2:14 pmLooks like a handful of townhomes. Mark Sanford is the applicant and this is on his website. https://marksanfordgroup.com/portfolio- ... front-row/Garrett wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2026 1:39 pm Planning board has an application for 505 Riverfront Plaza this month, the open plot just to the south of the north tower on the river
https://planning.omaha.gov/wp-content/u ... /PB_10.pdf
Edit: yeah, looks like the 5 townhomes were previously rejected in 2020.
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
-
thenewguy
- County Board
- Posts: 4356
- Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:50 am
- Location: Council Bluffs
-
CrankyOldDude
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 81
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2026 9:58 pm
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
I've been gone so long I actually thought that another 10-15 story condo tower was even considered.
-
ita
- County Board
- Posts: 4753
- Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:11 pm
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
This is a big bummer. The building drawing looks bad. I know it's not fully rendered, but wowza. Front entrance flanked by garage doors and complete bunker style garage. 22 on site parking spaces for 9 units? I am having a hard time liking anything about this proposal. Prefer the grass pad site versus this. I can't imagine the condo association or owners supporting this.
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106389
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
Oh, c'mon! They're just trying to bring the flavor of Avenue One to the river!
-
TitosBuritoBarn
- Planning Board
- Posts: 3281
- Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:08 am
- Location: St. Louis
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
Agreed. This is not a great proposal.ita wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2026 6:21 pm This is a big bummer. The building drawing looks bad. I know it's not fully rendered, but wowza. Front entrance flanked by garage doors and complete bunker style garage. 22 on site parking spaces for 9 units? I am having a hard time liking anything about this proposal. Prefer the grass pad site versus this. I can't imagine the condo association or owners supporting this.
"Video game violence is not a new problem. Who could forget in the wake of SimCity how children everywhere took up urban planning." - Stephen Colbert
-
nebport5
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2817
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:13 pm
- Location: 68102
Re: Riverfront Place (721 Riverfront Drive)
Ironically, the name Avenue One would make more sense here.almighty_tuna wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2026 6:31 pm Oh, c'mon! They're just trying to bring the flavor of Avenue One to the river!
Maybe for good measure they should call this project Elkhorn Flats at Avenue One-Ninety-One.
"It's just a rendering."