Bank of the West Celebrates America 2006
-
omahahawk
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:16 pm
Bank of the West Celebrates America 2006
According to last night news on Channel 7, REO Speedwagon is going to be doing a free show at Memorial Park on June 30th. Don't remember who is sponsoring it, but it should be really cool. Say what you want about them now, but free is free and they were huge back in the day.
-
SychoBC
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 150
- Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:56 am
Bank of the West Celebrates America 2006
Now all someone needs to do is ride up in a Trans-Am, with Billy Squier blaring, and lean on the hood of their car, shaking back a jean jacket to reveal and REO Speedwagon shirt.
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:12 pm
Bank of the West Celebrates America 2006
I know it predates the era by a few years, but all I can picture is Matthew McConaughey in Dazed & Confused:
"You know what I like about high school girls? They get older, and I stay the same age..."
-Big E
"You know what I like about high school girls? They get older, and I stay the same age..."
-Big E
Stable genius.
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013720
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Bank of the West Celebrates America 2006
Hmmm..
Bright Eyes June 17th and REO June 30th..
Memorial Park is becoming a warm-weather concert hotbed..
And best of all, it's FREE..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Bright Eyes June 17th and REO June 30th..
Memorial Park is becoming a warm-weather concert hotbed..
And best of all, it's FREE..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
Minneapolis Boy
- Library Board
- Posts: 343
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:31 pm
- Location: Back in Omaha!
Bank of the West Celebrates America 2006
It's sponsored by Bank of the West. They are carrying on the tradition of CommFed.
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013720
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Bank of the West Celebrates America 2006
Nice piece of info..And agreed!..Minneapolis Boy wrote:It's sponsored by Bank of the West. They are carrying on the tradition of CommFed.
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036590
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Bank of the West Celebrates America 2006
I have seen REO twice. They kick |expletive|. Last time was REO, Styx and Journey, That Concert was awsome.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:49 pm
- Location: Dundee
Bank of the West Celebrates America 2006
you remind me of my parents, they go to the eagles everytime they come to town
15-17, 26, 32
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013720
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Bank of the West Celebrates America 2006
When you get to be Brad's (and my) age, your kids will say the same thing when you talk about Tool and Death Cab etc..MTO wrote:you remind me of my parents, they go to the eagles everytime they come to town
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
omahastylee459
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1017
- Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:48 pm
- Location: Nashua, NH
Bank of the West Celebrates America 2006
classic rock is so much better than anything that is coming out these days. The best concerts i have seen here have been bands like the eagles, clapton, and CCR. Its not just for the older folks, Im 19, and I saw tons of young kids at those concerts.MTO wrote:you remind me of my parents, they go to the eagles everytime they come to town
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036590
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Bank of the West Celebrates America 2006
I just turned 28.... I have a very different taste in music than a lot of people my age.Omaha Cowboy wrote:When you get to be Brad's (and my) age, your kids will say the same thing when you talk about Tool and Death Cab etc..MTO wrote:you remind me of my parents, they go to the eagles everytime they come to town
..Ciao..LiO....Peace

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Locke
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 103
- Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:20 pm
- Location: Washington D.C. / Omaha
Bank of the West Celebrates America 2006
All right, everyone in this thread with a mullet, raise your hand!
There must be a few of you.

There must be a few of you.
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:12 pm
Bank of the West Celebrates America 2006
I'll fess up to being a former pseudo-mulleteer...
-Big E
-Big E
Stable genius.
-
Swift
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2887
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:13 pm
- Location: NYC
Bank of the West Celebrates America 2006
What about fashion mullets?
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013720
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Bank of the West Celebrates America 2006
I'm 38..
I never wore one..
EVER!..
Besides, my hair is curly anyway
..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
I never wore one..
EVER!..
Besides, my hair is curly anyway
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:49 pm
- Location: Dundee
Bank of the West Celebrates America 2006
i had one from a wig one time but glad to say never real
15-17, 26, 32
-
omahahawk
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:16 pm
Bank of the West Celebrates America 2006
Great show! There was a ton of people there and I'm glad Bank of the West continued the tradition. Maybe some of the photographers on here can post some pics.
-
Minneapolis Boy
- Library Board
- Posts: 343
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:31 pm
- Location: Back in Omaha!
Bank of the West Celebrates America 2006
On KETV last night the reporter stated that 60,000 people were at Mem. Park for the concert and fireworks.
-
omahahawk
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:16 pm
Bank of the West Celebrates America 2006
Yeah, it was pretty huge. I haven't been to this show in many years and I'm glad I went. It seemed the crowd was quite a bit bigger than I remember it being as well. REO, in my humble opinion, is a lot better band than who they have had in years passed,ie: the Association, Village People etc...Could explain why the crowd seemed bigger. Or maybe its just because of the free fireworks or the fact that Omaha is getting bigger.
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:49 pm
- Location: Dundee
Bank of the West Celebrates America 2006
The only classic rock show I would go out of my way to see is Roger Waters and company.
15-17, 26, 32
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:49 pm
- Location: Dundee
Bank of the West Celebrates America 2006
New rules, different bank, same holiday concert fun
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=1636&u_sid=2199286The sponsor for Omaha's annual pre-Fourth of July party in Memorial Park may have changed, but concertgoers proved as enthusiastic as ever. An estimated 60,000 attended "Bank of the West Celebrates America" Friday night. The concert headlined by REO Speedwagon also included the Fifth Dimension and opening act LoCash Cowboys.
15-17, 26, 32
-
adam186
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2264
- Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:29 am
- Location: Omaha
Bank of the West Celebrates America 2006
Any pictures?
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036590
- Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Bank of the West Celebrates America 2006
The show was great. That was my third time for REO Speedwagon. They join Journey and Styx for the third time I have seen them, now we just need to get Poision to come back and I can I ad them to that list.
The fireworks were great. I estimated about 10 min long.
I didn't take my camera. I just didn't want to worry about it with that many people.
I think Nancy Billick (spelling) UNO's Chancellor must have been directing traffic. Where we parked they let 1 lot out at a time We sat in the parking lot for about 50 min, that sucked. They should have diverted a lot more people throught the park.
The fireworks were great. I estimated about 10 min long.
I didn't take my camera. I just didn't want to worry about it with that many people.
I think Nancy Billick (spelling) UNO's Chancellor must have been directing traffic. Where we parked they let 1 lot out at a time We sat in the parking lot for about 50 min, that sucked. They should have diverted a lot more people throught the park.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013720
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Bank of the West Celebrates America 2006
I wish I could have made it..
Sounds like a good time..
..Coap..LiO....Peace
Sounds like a good time..
..Coap..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
UNOstudent
- Human Relations
- Posts: 583
- Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:27 am
Bank of the West Celebrates America 2006
i had a blast driving golf carts around. if u guys almost got hit by one, i apoligize it might have been me.