Movie Filming Downtown Sunday July 2nd

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene
OmahaChef
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1047
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 6:55 am
Location: Omaha

Movie Filming Downtown Sunday July 2nd

Post by OmahaChef »

I picked up my keys to my new apartment today, and there was a notice at the mailboxes. "Don't be surprised by a lot of noise on Sunday, July 2nd, from 9:00 p.m. to midnight, as there is a police car chase scene being filmed on 10th Street during this time, for a movie being filmed in Omaha". I asked what the movie was, but the leasing agents didn't know. If you like watching action movies being filmed, here's a chance to see it all.
Always a business-oriented city hungry for growth and focused on development with laser intensity, Omaha aimed high, reached for momentum and found critical mass.
adam186
Planning Board
Posts: 2264
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:29 am
Location: Omaha

Movie Filming Downtown Sunday July 2nd

Post by adam186 »

Wow, cool. Thanks for the heads up. I wonder what the movie is.
Last edited by adam186 on Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DTO Luv
City Council
Posts: 9644
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm

Movie Filming Downtown Sunday July 2nd

Post by DTO Luv »

A big movie? Hmm. Omaha's becoming a Hollywood star. :)
DTO
Hellenistic Kshatriya
Home Owners Association
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:29 pm

Movie Filming Downtown Sunday July 2nd

Post by Hellenistic Kshatriya »

Meh, I'm out of town.
MTO
City Council
Posts: 7783
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
Location: Dundee

Movie Filming Downtown Sunday July 2nd

Post by MTO »

Sounds fun. I tried my best to be an extra in the Plattsmouth movie thingy and the other extras kept screwing it up for me. Maybe they'll want a good looking extra for this movie. I may just start a career being an extra in local movies.
15-17, 26, 32
guy4omaha
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1278
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:06 pm
Location: The Big O

Movie Filming Downtown Sunday July 2nd

Post by guy4omaha »

Chef, can you say where at more specifically on tenth street?
My old signature got too old. So old it was getting almost as old me as me. Yeah, it was up there in years.
OmahaChef
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1047
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 6:55 am
Location: Omaha

Movie Filming Downtown Sunday July 2nd

Post by OmahaChef »

Actually, I re-read the notice after I moved in Friday, and it actually says it will be filmed tonight from 9 to midnight, around the building, which is The Green house Apartments. I think it may actually be on the stretts below 10th and Farnum.
Always a business-oriented city hungry for growth and focused on development with laser intensity, Omaha aimed high, reached for momentum and found critical mass.
MTO
City Council
Posts: 7783
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
Location: Dundee

Movie Filming Downtown Sunday July 2nd

Post by MTO »

Anyone going down to snap a few shots of this?
15-17, 26, 32
adam186
Planning Board
Posts: 2264
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:29 am
Location: Omaha

Movie Filming Downtown Sunday July 2nd

Post by adam186 »

I went, but didnt' see anything. Drove from Howard and went south to Rosenblatte, but nothing was closed down.
OmahaChef
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1047
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 6:55 am
Location: Omaha

Movie Filming Downtown Sunday July 2nd

Post by OmahaChef »

Hopefully, no one made a special trip downtown for this, as it is 10:30 p.m. and I have not heard or seen anything. Took a walk earlier, and nothing out of the ordinary. I would have thought there would be camera set-up, etc. but I haven't seen a thing. :(
Always a business-oriented city hungry for growth and focused on development with laser intensity, Omaha aimed high, reached for momentum and found critical mass.
MTO
City Council
Posts: 7783
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
Location: Dundee

Movie Filming Downtown Sunday July 2nd

Post by MTO »

Hmm I wonder if this will cost them extra in the filming budget... Hopefully it will still happen.
15-17, 26, 32
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Movie Filming Downtown Sunday July 2nd

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

Usually when you least expect it..The scene gets shot..

Oh well..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
MTO
City Council
Posts: 7783
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
Location: Dundee

Movie Filming Downtown Sunday July 2nd

Post by MTO »

I've seen a few movies get shot and they usually jack around for quite some time and then shoot it eventually.
15-17, 26, 32