Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
-
Guest
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
I think this could probably be moved from the rumor section to development. For those who get the actual WH paper. The bottom left corner of the front page of the business section today stated this "Coming Monday Since June 2005, An Omaha real estate development company, Slosburg Co., has been assembling land at 90th Street and West Center Road for what it describes as "a high-end, mixed-used development.""
I think I am about to proven wrong but I will reserve final judgement for Monday. If this is really mixed-used then this is a good sign when developers take their own initiative to create these projects without the proding of city planning.
Congrats....this makes another "you heard it here first."
I think I am about to proven wrong but I will reserve final judgement for Monday. If this is really mixed-used then this is a good sign when developers take their own initiative to create these projects without the proding of city planning.
Congrats....this makes another "you heard it here first."
-
midtown charlie
- Human Relations
- Posts: 546
- Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:57 pm
- Location: Omaha
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
Oops that was me. BTW their web-site is http://www.slosburg.com/ but I don't see anything listed yet.
-
midtown charlie
- Human Relations
- Posts: 546
- Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:57 pm
- Location: Omaha
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
I actually like those office buildings Coyote. They are great period representation. It would be nice if they could find a way to incorporate these into the development......but hey it's not my money building it.
-
the1wags
- County Board
- Posts: 3853
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:43 pm
- Location: Denver
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
Wow good news there, thanks for the update. Have to check it out Monday for the 411. That could end up being a real dense, high quality area, good stuff.
-
eomaha
- County Board
- Posts: 4176
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:29 am
- Location: West Omaha
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
And what's to become of the VIP Lounge?? (or is that still further north? I was thinking it was connected to these offices) I think that place has been there since I was a kid. 
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036559
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
Still further north, its at the 90th and Arbor intersection

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Maverick
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 177
- Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:54 pm
- Location: Minneapolis
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
OWH Article is up on this:
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=46&u_sid=2128414
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=46&u_sid=2128414
An Omaha real estate development and management company is acquiring land at 90th Street and West Center Road for what it describes as "a high end mixed-use development."
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
Also from the article:
So the rumor still exists that something may also happen across the street.Omaha World Herald wrote:Price declined to elaborate on the statement to clarify whether the northeast corner of the intersection, which a Slosburg partnership also owns, was included in the planned redevelopment. Two tenants in the strip shopping center there said they either couldn't comment or had not been told what the company plans.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036559
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
No kidding, as bad as that corner was starting to look, and as high as the prices of houses in that are, its a great investment. There are $1,000,000 homes within a mile of that corner."We think the corner of 90th and Center is an outstanding in-fill opportunity," Betty Price said in a written statement. "We are in the planning process for a high-end mixed-use development. As our plans progress, we will make a formal announcement."

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
OmahaJaysCU
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2191
- Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:00 pm
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
Maybe they could do something to spurce up the Hy Vee there too, maybe get away from the old cookie cutter styles of that store.
-
TitosBuritoBarn
- Planning Board
- Posts: 3275
- Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:08 pm
- Location: St. Louis
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
This is a pretty exciting project...except...no more Putt Putt! 
-
midtown charlie
- Human Relations
- Posts: 546
- Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:57 pm
- Location: Omaha
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
Not too surprised but I am hearing rumblings of nimbyism from some in the neighborhood. I guess they would prefer a shuttered pie house and a dethrowned king of burgers then a high end development. We all know what happens when property gets developed right?? Your kids disappear in the middle of the night, taxes immediately increase 10 fold, and the sun is forever blocked from reaching your yard thus killing all your pansies....speaking of which...uhhh never mind.
I am simply amazed at how people will complain about the side affects of sprawl but will block any attempt to curtail it.
Let's hope the developer is able to win over the Nimby's before they derail a seemingly wonderful project!!
I am simply amazed at how people will complain about the side affects of sprawl but will block any attempt to curtail it.
Let's hope the developer is able to win over the Nimby's before they derail a seemingly wonderful project!!
-
papiostud
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 176
- Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:33 pm
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
And I thought this area was more liberal and anti-sprawl. Least I saw satistics that this area voted more democratic then republican.
-
eomaha
- County Board
- Posts: 4176
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:29 am
- Location: West Omaha
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
Oh sure... as long as it isn't in their backyard.
So how long have those condos (or apartments? I just noticed them driving by the area today) been back there alongside the golf course? I know those weren't there when I was a kid.
So how long have those condos (or apartments? I just noticed them driving by the area today) been back there alongside the golf course? I know those weren't there when I was a kid.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036559
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
I went to Westside from92 to 96 and they were there then.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036559
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
According to Douglas County they are Condos built in 1981

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
They are beginning to tear down the Compter Games - House of Pies store. I still haven't heard any other news about this project.
-
eomaha
- County Board
- Posts: 4176
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:29 am
- Location: West Omaha
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
That's kind of sad... I spent many hours of my youth in 'Computer Games'.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036559
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
I snaped a picture last night, I will have to post to tonight. Someone told me this is the last weekend for PutPut also.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
That area is almost all deserted now. If they are tearing down the Computer Games store I am sure putt-putt will be gone after next week then. Might as well tear down the BP and BK also.


-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
This Putt-Putt is now history, they have begun to dismantle it. They are not going to move it so the only remaining Putt-Putt is on 92nd and Maple. With all the dust flowing from the Computer Games building they probably had to shut down.


-
the1wags
- County Board
- Posts: 3853
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:43 pm
- Location: Denver
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
That BP and BK are on the clock baby!!!!!!
I'm wishing there would be more detailed plans for this project.
I'm wishing there would be more detailed plans for this project.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
I've been keeping my eye out on this project but Slosburgs website has nothing about it - or nothing much on anything for that matter. I need to make a phone call to a friend.the1wags wrote:I'm wishing there would be more detailed plans for this project.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036559
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
Here is the picture I said I took yesterday.



Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036559
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
Wednesday 8-30-2006













Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
The only thing I've heard about this project (not directly from Slosburg) is that the development here will be 'high end'..
Another development 'secret' a la the now real Cheesecake Factory location at Westroads..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Another development 'secret' a la the now real Cheesecake Factory location at Westroads..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
the1wags
- County Board
- Posts: 3853
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:43 pm
- Location: Denver
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
The BK is getting its butt kicked as of yesterday, sorry no pics right now. Maybe some today on the way to the ballgame.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
Now that is one prime piece of property!


-
midtown charlie
- Human Relations
- Posts: 546
- Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:57 pm
- Location: Omaha
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
yeah just think you could put one of those mega super duper Walmart type places there. Imagine all of that spacious parking!! Gawd wouldn't that be beautiful!!! 
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
I was with David Slosburg today and asked him about this project and he just laughed. It seems that everyone is asking them about it. He said there would be a couple buildings here - but the latest plans were rejected - I didn't ask by whom. What we already know - Mixed use - First floor retail, a few floors for offices and 5 or 6 for condos. I asked him about the VIP wash and he said that after the World Herald article came out that the asking price for those other buildings all of the sudden got a little pricey.
The strip mall across the street will be renovated so it will be staying, and they have their eyes on the Gas Station there. They want another building there. He was a very nice guy.
The strip mall across the street will be renovated so it will be staying, and they have their eyes on the Gas Station there. They want another building there. He was a very nice guy.
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
Thanks for the project update Mark!..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
midtown charlie
- Human Relations
- Posts: 546
- Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:57 pm
- Location: Omaha
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
Yeah, this kinda dovetails what someone said the other day. While the reporting of rumors and scoops are nice, it has consequences. Once the rumor broke the neighbors got up in arms before he was able to finish (secretly) buying land. They heard a tall building was in the works so they got all excited. Wasn't it supposed to be around 10 stories originally and the project was supposed to include both sides of 90th. I wonder if neighbors are the ones who rejected his plans. Inevitibly the neighborhood will have to endorse it or they will fight it. (see 72nd Walmart) District 66 has strong and active Neighborhoods who aren't afraid to fight. I sure hope we don't have to settle for a single use strip mall because it is safer for the neighborhood kids. (note sarcasm)
I am not surprised to hear that the prices went up. I actually thought about that when the rumor broke. Not saying we should scoop things and talk about rumors (I do love them) but they do have consequences. Okay sorry about the rant. (I am sure I am guilty as the next person and I sure do enjoy reading them) (stepping off the soapbox........okay done)
I am not surprised to hear that the prices went up. I actually thought about that when the rumor broke. Not saying we should scoop things and talk about rumors (I do love them) but they do have consequences. Okay sorry about the rant. (I am sure I am guilty as the next person and I sure do enjoy reading them) (stepping off the soapbox........okay done)
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036559
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
Thursday 9-14-2006









Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
Just to stir things up again
- I would not have believed it unless it came from my father and then I verified it -
Slosburg now owns all the property west of 88th St and 90th between West Center and Arbor
i.e. everything behind the strip mall with Senor Matias and Schloeman's Lamp less the Southwest Bank of Omaha building and their ATM drive thru.
Now I know that David Slosburg personally told me that they were going to renovate this strip mall, but maybe he has a good poker face.
Stay tuned my friends.
- I would not have believed it unless it came from my father and then I verified it -
Slosburg now owns all the property west of 88th St and 90th between West Center and Arbor
i.e. everything behind the strip mall with Senor Matias and Schloeman's Lamp less the Southwest Bank of Omaha building and their ATM drive thru.
Now I know that David Slosburg personally told me that they were going to renovate this strip mall, but maybe he has a good poker face.
Stay tuned my friends.
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
This development site area has been a mystery from the start..
Hopefully we'll find out some news soon..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Hopefully we'll find out some news soon..
..Ciao..LiO....Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
NDizona
- Library Board
- Posts: 384
- Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:25 pm
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
My little company rents from Slosberg across the street from the development - (right above Sr Matias)
I have appraised and used his projects in the past and if past performance has any indication on future events - He TYPICALLY does not care about the costs associated with a project and is only concerned about the end product. He could have easily rented out those buildings until he was ready for development - but thats not how he works. Slosberg sees things 10 years down the line and doesnt concern himself with the pennies. (pennies to him is alot to me - but thats why I am not a successful developer).
From my understanding - The plan is likely to create a very high end mixed use development on the west side of 90th - and once that is up and going - he will do the same to the east side.
And I am sure that VIP is going to be gobbled up. Did anyone notice the fake flowers they put in the yard? I think that was a try to get people not to notice the huge whole in the neighborhood - the fake flowers didn't work.
To Mr Slosberg - our landlord - I say I salute you. I wish more developers had the ability to see so far down the road. The only thing I would ask - is to TAKE YOUR TIME WITH THAT DEVELOPMENT! We kinda like where we are!
I have appraised and used his projects in the past and if past performance has any indication on future events - He TYPICALLY does not care about the costs associated with a project and is only concerned about the end product. He could have easily rented out those buildings until he was ready for development - but thats not how he works. Slosberg sees things 10 years down the line and doesnt concern himself with the pennies. (pennies to him is alot to me - but thats why I am not a successful developer).
From my understanding - The plan is likely to create a very high end mixed use development on the west side of 90th - and once that is up and going - he will do the same to the east side.
And I am sure that VIP is going to be gobbled up. Did anyone notice the fake flowers they put in the yard? I think that was a try to get people not to notice the huge whole in the neighborhood - the fake flowers didn't work.
To Mr Slosberg - our landlord - I say I salute you. I wish more developers had the ability to see so far down the road. The only thing I would ask - is to TAKE YOUR TIME WITH THAT DEVELOPMENT! We kinda like where we are!
-
midtown charlie
- Human Relations
- Posts: 546
- Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:57 pm
- Location: Omaha
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
and when he is done I hope he moves south of center and takes on that area. Can you image what kind of mega mixed-use area one could create if they used all of the retail and office land south of center from 90th to the areas east of 84th and then down to the interestate. It has to be much larger than Akarben Village.
Here is another area that should incorporate a signature clock tower and plenty of bike ammenities like racks and chairs or benches for one to sit down. I hope he realizes that this is right a long a major bike trail.
EDIT I would also include a bridge that ties in with park across the creek.
Here is another area that should incorporate a signature clock tower and plenty of bike ammenities like racks and chairs or benches for one to sit down. I hope he realizes that this is right a long a major bike trail.
EDIT I would also include a bridge that ties in with park across the creek.
-
pseudoprometheus
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 46
- Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
First things first: I am REALLY glad to see that Burger King torn down. I used to work there for about a year and a half, so that sentiment probably shouldn't come as a surprise to many. I walked over the tile floor after the rest of the building was gone, and the smell of grease and fat still hung in the air over it. Mind you, this was weeks after they had torn the building down, which saw several days of heavy rain as far as I remember. Lots of memories in that place, some good, some bad, others just plain gross. ;)
Now, an update: The rest of Putt-Putt (that is, the concrete course itself) was torn up because kids kept skateboarding on it. Also, the property's surrounded by plastic orange fencing with "No Trespassing" signs on it. It appears that the VIP Car Wash building was purchased by Russel Speeder's Car Wash shortly after this thread's last post. (As was the one near 114th and Center, with the bonus creepy rotating statue of 'Mr. Speeder'.) In light of this, I don't think it'll be part of the new development, at least not for a while anyway.
Has anyone heard anything new about this?
Now, an update: The rest of Putt-Putt (that is, the concrete course itself) was torn up because kids kept skateboarding on it. Also, the property's surrounded by plastic orange fencing with "No Trespassing" signs on it. It appears that the VIP Car Wash building was purchased by Russel Speeder's Car Wash shortly after this thread's last post. (As was the one near 114th and Center, with the bonus creepy rotating statue of 'Mr. Speeder'.) In light of this, I don't think it'll be part of the new development, at least not for a while anyway.
Has anyone heard anything new about this?
... wait, what?
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036559
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
Work Has Begun Again.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6013
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Loveland Centre (90th and Center)
Actually, according to the newspaper, the owners have no plans to develop the site yet. They are in the process of removing the pavement and covering the property with grass.