We will not have the roller coaster for the 2006 Summer Season, but anticipate it will be next year.
Thanks
Andrea Santoro
Director of Sales
Fun Plex
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
-
eomaha
- County Board
- Posts: 4176
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:29 am
- Location: West Omaha
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
An update... looks like we'll have to wait a while longer.
-
joeglow
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2645
- Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:04 pm
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
I like Fun Plex, but DAMN is it expensive. And you cannot get a summer pass from what they post at the park. Going there 3 times costs more than a summer pass to Oceans of Fun.
-
djc311
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2138
- Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
- Location: Omaha
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
Fun Plex charges what they do because they CAN. However, even though they will be indoor water parks, I believe the venues being added to the Days Inn in Bellevue (which we may become part of) & the park at the 72nd St. exit on the interstate will both at least "dent" the water park attendance at Fun Plex. And, after people soon realize they're a much less expensive trip with more water park attractions, I will then expect Fun Plex to either reduce their admission fees or try to grow that part of their business.
But, as mentioned above, they have no where else to go. Another thing that stinks about FP is the fact that they close their park off to "regular" visitors too many times during the short outdoor amusement park season. If a company like FDR or Con Agra rent the park, they'll shut down the whole thing early for them. With as many Fortune 500 companies as we have here in Omaha, that can equal out to about 1/10 of the season (exaggeration!)
D
But, as mentioned above, they have no where else to go. Another thing that stinks about FP is the fact that they close their park off to "regular" visitors too many times during the short outdoor amusement park season. If a company like FDR or Con Agra rent the park, they'll shut down the whole thing early for them. With as many Fortune 500 companies as we have here in Omaha, that can equal out to about 1/10 of the season (exaggeration!)
D
-
Stargazer
- County Board
- Posts: 4182
- Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:06 am
- Location: Bennington
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
Just got this brief response back when I inquired with Fun Plex about the status of their roller coaster...
Still in the works!
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
-
OPlaya
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 153
- Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:53 pm
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
Ah yes Fun Plex. Many a summer day spent at the Woodmen company picnic when I was a kid going with my mom. I thought the place was okay but not spectacular. Go cart rides are nice but having a coaster would be even nicer which is why I rather go to KC. Also I do agree they are landlocked there's no way they can do any significant expansion without moving somewhere west or south of where there at now.
-
Stargazer
- County Board
- Posts: 4182
- Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:06 am
- Location: Bennington
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
They've updated their website... and their 'history' page ends with... "In 2007 we are planning lots of great changes, and we hope you will be there with us to share in the exciting news ! ! !"
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
-
Uffda
- County Board
- Posts: 4621
- Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:52 pm
- Location: Land o Lakes, FL
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
Use this program to design a roller coaster for FunPlex. It works really well
http://www.nolimitscoaster.com/
http://www.nolimitscoaster.com/
We are the people our parents warned us about.
Jimmy Buffett
Jimmy Buffett
-
Uffda
- County Board
- Posts: 4621
- Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:52 pm
- Location: Land o Lakes, FL
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
Construction photos
Opening Day May 19th (depending on weather)
http://www.fun-plex.com/CONSTRUCTION_IS_UNDERWAY/
Opening Day May 19th (depending on weather)
http://www.fun-plex.com/CONSTRUCTION_IS_UNDERWAY/
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
Nice... I need to get my camera down there tonight.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Stargazer
- County Board
- Posts: 4182
- Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:06 am
- Location: Bennington
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
Yes!
This is bigger news for me than... well... the Urban Tightfitters store.
This is bigger news for me than... well... the Urban Tightfitters store.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
At least I am not the only one!Stargazer wrote:Yes!
This is bigger news for me than... well... the Urban Tightfitters store.
Jeff, think you could get a video camera on front car when it opens for a youtube video?

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
Well here are some pics from tonight... However I was VERY disappointed when I saw the size in person. I know its a start for an ok park, but I had my expectation set a lot higher. I believe this is going to be a very similar coaster to the old Galaxy down at Peony Park, which is now up in the north east somewhere.





Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Stargazer
- County Board
- Posts: 4182
- Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:06 am
- Location: Bennington
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
I miss Peony Park. If we're even a little closer to THAT... I'll be happy.
Obviously it will take an entirely new park, built on a much larger scale to satisfy our Worlds of Fun/Adventureland needs.
Obviously it will take an entirely new park, built on a much larger scale to satisfy our Worlds of Fun/Adventureland needs.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
-
the1wags
- County Board
- Posts: 3853
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:43 pm
- Location: Denver
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
So let me get this right, this massive 65ft coaster is bigger news than the first big name retailer to come to downtown in 20 years? The one that's going to jump start the NDT area? Just checking.
Sarcasm aside, I don't understand why this city can't seem to land a "real" amusement park. Seriously, between the Omaha and Lincoln metros we have something like 1.2M people but we don't have something on the order of even Adventureland in Des Moines? What is wrong with that picture?
Regarding Funplex, I haven't been there and probably won't be going there anytime soon. That said, if someone enjoys going there and is excited about the big changes there, more power to em.
Sarcasm aside, I don't understand why this city can't seem to land a "real" amusement park. Seriously, between the Omaha and Lincoln metros we have something like 1.2M people but we don't have something on the order of even Adventureland in Des Moines? What is wrong with that picture?
Regarding Funplex, I haven't been there and probably won't be going there anytime soon. That said, if someone enjoys going there and is excited about the big changes there, more power to em.
-
Stargazer
- County Board
- Posts: 4182
- Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:06 am
- Location: Bennington
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
Heh heh... I'll clarify... I'm much more excited about such a big retailer coming downtown (than this little coaster)... but for me personally, Urban Outfitters means SQUAT. Honestly, I didn't even check out their merchandise until it was confirmed they were coming downtown. Definitely a generation 'gap' here.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
-
the1wags
- County Board
- Posts: 3853
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:43 pm
- Location: Denver
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
Anyways, back to the Funplex additions.
-
djc311
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2138
- Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
- Location: Omaha
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
What I find amazing is that Fun Plex can maintain their control of our size of market, even though they are closed about one weekend a month due to "corporate events". Due to its size, they close half or more of the entire park for larger business gatherings, which is somewhat of a turn-off to the general public. Plus, for the pricing of the admittance, you could go into an Adventureland or almost a Worlds of Fun.
D
D
-
Stargazer
- County Board
- Posts: 4182
- Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:06 am
- Location: Bennington
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
Call me an idiot, but I'm still trying to figure out who goes to a store just to buy chocolate. 
But seriously, I guess until someone puts up the hundred plus million to build a higher end amusement park, they will ALWAYS have an audience in Omaha. And I for one, am happy I don't have to drive the family 2-3 hours just to get an afternoon's waterslide/'motion ocean' fix. I look forward to the added roller coaster attraction.
But seriously, I guess until someone puts up the hundred plus million to build a higher end amusement park, they will ALWAYS have an audience in Omaha. And I for one, am happy I don't have to drive the family 2-3 hours just to get an afternoon's waterslide/'motion ocean' fix. I look forward to the added roller coaster attraction.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
-
djc311
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2138
- Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
- Location: Omaha
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
If I had the millions to drop on it, I'd build one in a heartbeat! Someone like Buffett won't touch them because when you look at companies like Six Flags, they've been hurtin' for a while now!Stargazer wrote:Call me an idiot, but I'm still trying to figure out who goes to a store just to buy chocolate.
But seriously, I guess until someone puts up the hundred plus million to build a higher end amusement park, they will ALWAYS have an audience in Omaha. And I for one, am happy I don't have to drive the family 2-3 hours just to get an afternoon's waterslide/'motion ocean' fix. I look forward to the added roller coaster attraction.
D
-
Stargazer
- County Board
- Posts: 4182
- Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:06 am
- Location: Bennington
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
So you have hundreds of thousands to drop on otherwise failing chocolate stores??
HA... no, just kidding! Sounds like you're a fantastic businessman!
HA... no, just kidding! Sounds like you're a fantastic businessman!
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
How do amusement parks get built? I can't think of many that are built from the ground up. It seems they usually expand from parks that were smaller decades ago. Considering Omaha has torn down every amusement park we've ever had (Peony Park, the one in Benson in the early 1900's) I can see why one hasn't taken off. Maybe one day Fun-Plex will get to the point where they can afford to acquire more land and build bigger rides.
DTO
-
djc311
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2138
- Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
- Location: Omaha
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
I don't know which comment hurts worse - the idea I have hundreds of thousands of dollars, or the "failing" chocolate stores comments. OUCH!!!!!Stargazer wrote:So you have hundreds of thousands to drop on otherwise failing chocolate stores??
HA... no, just kidding! Sounds like you're a fantastic businessman!
-
mattg
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:35 am
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
I would like some chocolate now.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
I think Fun-Plex is a little late if they are going to acquire too much more land? a decade ago there was a lot of empty land around there, now with all the infill I just don't know if they are going to be able to afford it. They should build it up in North Omaha , it would be a great economic boos for the area.DTO Luv wrote:How do amusement parks get built? I can't think of many that are built from the ground up. It seems they usually expand from parks that were smaller decades ago. Considering Omaha has torn down every amusement park we've ever had (Peony Park, the one in Benson in the early 1900's) I can see why one hasn't taken off. Maybe one day Fun-Plex will get to the point where they can afford to acquire more land and build bigger rides.
May be here... Good access:


Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Uffda
- County Board
- Posts: 4621
- Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:52 pm
- Location: Land o Lakes, FL
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
Well that would bring business to the North -- but what are you going to do with all the people who live there?
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
A lot of that area is old industrial, and my circle wasn't exact. There won't be that many displaced.
However, those houses are worth a lot. Give those people a little break. Give them about 10 grand more than their house is worth, let them move up a bit and its a win win for everyone.
The wags and I drove up 30th and down 24th on Sunday afternoon. Just south at 24th and Lake is great, we need to extend that north to the new amusement park.
However, those houses are worth a lot. Give those people a little break. Give them about 10 grand more than their house is worth, let them move up a bit and its a win win for everyone.
The wags and I drove up 30th and down 24th on Sunday afternoon. Just south at 24th and Lake is great, we need to extend that north to the new amusement park.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
Um no. That's a pretty built up area. Build north of there where no one would have to be displaced.
DTO
-
the1wags
- County Board
- Posts: 3853
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:43 pm
- Location: Denver
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
Yeah I don't think that would fly putting it in there. I always think the industrial area from behind the Hotshops, east of 16th street, south of the west end of Carter Lake. BIG redevelopment. Close to downtown, the airport, jobs for North O, etc.
Something like this. Yeah I know, super pipe dream.

Something like this. Yeah I know, super pipe dream.

-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
No, that's where my extension to carter lake goes!!! However on the west side of carter lake along the lake I have always thought was good.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
by the way.... Built up? apparently I should have taken some pictures.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Uffda
- County Board
- Posts: 4621
- Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:52 pm
- Location: Land o Lakes, FL
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
I am sure an added $10,000 would really let them move up a bit :roll:Give them about 10 grand more than their house is worth, let them move up a bit and its a win win for everyone.
As for the industrial --- maybe within 2 blocks of Ames north and south and from Florence to 26th - but the rest is mostly residential.
Plus where are you going to put all the hotels and restaurants that would want to be be close. Of course there is always the added feature of the drive-bys at 30th and Ames. :shock:
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
What drive bys on 30th and Ames? God you're ignorant. I lived 2 blocks from there for 3 years and never had one shooting incident. heck there hasn't even been one since I moved or a good amount of time before then. 
DTO
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036556
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
While I probably did not pick the most ideal location in North Omaha, I defiantly think there is a lot of good room up there for an amusement park, and it would greatly help out the area to have a major attraction in the area, like Uffda said, besides the park, it would bring restaurants and hotels to a very under servedpart of town.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Uffda
- County Board
- Posts: 4621
- Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:52 pm
- Location: Land o Lakes, FL
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
Actually DTO there have been a couple reported in the last year or so and I am not putting the area down as I worked in the area up in until this year.
Although maybe not a driveby Here is one report off of WOWT although their report isnt dated -- i think it was last summer.
there is this one although the link won't work.
As for the hotels and restuarants that would be displacing more people. Wags's area is probably a little better choice although people living close might not care for the noise and traffic that the park would create.
Although maybe not a driveby Here is one report off of WOWT although their report isnt dated -- i think it was last summer.
Upon further research -- this happened elsewhere but was originally posted as 30th and Ames.Tuesday night, shots were fired at 30th and Ames and police found the victim at Creighton Medical Center.
Someone drove 20-year-old Larry Green Jr. to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
there is this one although the link won't work.
(Omaha, NE) -- An overnight shooting in north Omaha left one intersection ... an Omaha squad car was struck by a bullet near 30th and Ames Avenue as an ...
feeds.bignewsnetwork.com/?rss=78efc37f01322b18 - 60k - Supplemental Result -
As for the hotels and restuarants that would be displacing more people. Wags's area is probably a little better choice although people living close might not care for the noise and traffic that the park would create.
-
bmo372
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:27 pm
- Location: Omaha - Westgate
How did I miss this
I drive past fun plex on my way to work every morning and never even saw the construction going on. As of this morning, it looks that the main structure is complete and they are now working on the rails and supports.
I guess being awake before I drive to work would be a good thing from now on.
I guess being awake before I drive to work would be a good thing from now on.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
Fun Plex debuts new roller coaster
Omaha World Herald wrote:Fun Plex named its roller coaster The Big Ohhhh! on Saturday with the help of a Bellevue woman. Fun Plex, 70th and Q Streets, opened for the season on Saturday. Deborah Trivitt, a spokeswoman for the amusement park, said the Big Ohhhh! is the only roller coaster in Nebraska.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
Fun-Plex to open new roller coaster
Omaha World Herald wrote:The Italian-made ride has 600 yards of track and a 50-foot drop, with individual cars holding four people each. The park also has an expanded go-kart track with new go-karts and a renovated miniature golf course.
-
Uffda
- County Board
- Posts: 4621
- Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:52 pm
- Location: Land o Lakes, FL
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
A couple of my female friends were laughing about name of this roller coaster last night.The Big Ohhhh!
-
Linkin5
- County Board
- Posts: 4885
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:59 pm
Fun-Plex Waterpark & Rides (7003 Q St)
any pictures???
-
Uffda
- County Board
- Posts: 4621
- Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:52 pm
- Location: Land o Lakes, FL