Greg S wrote: Mon Dec 15, 2025 9:31 am
That game was so much fun Saturday. Once the big lead we had built in the first half got whittled down I got real worried.
The last few minutes of the game were crazy back and forth.
Best win yet this season.
Greg
Ranks up there with a few options for best win all time
Now, let's do it again against Michigan State at home for the next conference game.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
Greg S wrote: Mon Dec 15, 2025 9:31 am
That game was so much fun Saturday. Once the big lead we had built in the first half got whittled down I got real worried.
The last few minutes of the game were crazy back and forth.
Best win yet this season.
Greg
Ranks up there with a few options for best win all time
Now, let's do it again against Michigan State at home for the next conference game.
Yeah I think Michigan State has the potential atmosphere of no sit Saturday from the Miles era win over Wisconsin.
nebugeater wrote: Mon Dec 15, 2025 12:23 pm
Men are up seven spots to # 15 in the coaches poll. Illinois fell five to 18
I wonder how long it's been since we were top 15 or higher?
Probably 91 when I believe they reached #11. Loved watching Beau Read, Piatkowski, Chubic, and Scales!!!!!! Among others. Of course, they lost a first-round NCAA game as a three seed if I remember the seed correctly.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
nebugeater wrote: Mon Dec 15, 2025 12:23 pm
Men are up seven spots to # 15 in the coaches poll. Illinois fell five to 18
I wonder how long it's been since we were top 15 or higher?
Probably 91 when I believe they reached #11. Loved watching Beau Read, Piatkowski, Chubic, and Scales!!!!!! Among others. Of course, they lost a first-round NCAA game as a three seed if I remember the seed correctly.
nebugeater wrote: Mon Dec 15, 2025 12:23 pm
Men are up seven spots to # 15 in the coaches poll. Illinois fell five to 18
I wonder how long it's been since we were top 15 or higher?
Probably 91 when I believe they reached #11. Loved watching Beau Read, Piatkowski, Chubic, and Scales!!!!!! Among others. Of course, they lost a first-round NCAA game as a three seed if I remember the seed correctly.
nebugeater wrote: Mon Dec 15, 2025 12:23 pm
Men are up seven spots to # 15 in the coaches poll. Illinois fell five to 18
I wonder how long it's been since we were top 15 or higher?
Probably 91 when I believe they reached #11. Loved watching Beau Read, Piatkowski, Chubic, and Scales!!!!!! Among others. Of course, they lost a first-round NCAA game as a three seed if I remember the seed correctly.
And Tony Farmer
"And others" LOL
I was patting myself on the back pretty good for remembering the names I did, and then you had to point out one obvious oversight!
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
nebugeater wrote: Mon Dec 15, 2025 12:23 pm
Men are up seven spots to # 15 in the coaches poll. Illinois fell five to 18
I wonder how long it's been since we were top 15 or higher?
Probably 91 when I believe they reached #11. Loved watching Beau Read, Piatkowski, Chubic, and Scales!!!!!! Among others. Of course, they lost a first-round NCAA game as a three seed if I remember the seed correctly.
And Tony Farmer
"And others" LOL
I was patting myself on the back pretty good for remembering the names I did, and then you had to point out one obvious oversight!
Greg S wrote: Thu Dec 18, 2025 10:27 am
Got an email from the University that the Michigan State game is sold out and the Iowa game in March is down to 300 tickets left.
The Michigan State game has the potential to be an environment that will be hard to match.
As much as I love what I am seeing and have high hopes for the season, I cannot stop "looking over my shoulder," waiting to see the old reality set in.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
Greg S wrote: Thu Dec 18, 2025 10:27 am
Got an email from the University that the Michigan State game is sold out and the Iowa game in March is down to 300 tickets left.
The Michigan State game has the potential to be an environment that will be hard to match.
As much as I love what I am seeing and have high hopes for the season, I cannot stop "looking over my shoulder," waiting to see the old reality set in.
Interesting read and reminder of playing Sunday's opponent, North Dakota, two years ago, with a lot of parallels in that game. They gave the Huskers all they wanted, and that Husker team did make the NCAA tourney
Greg S wrote: Sun Dec 21, 2025 8:12 pm
Awful 1st half for the Huskers. 2 for 18 from the 3 point line, and trail at the half.
What a contrast of two halves. Outscored N.D. 54-29 in the second half
On top of everything, Buyuktuncel ended up with a triple-double. Second one for the team for the season and only the fourth ever for Husker men's basketball
78--55 win with the Husker trailing at half 24-26
For a Sunday night game against North Dakota, the place was probably actually 85+ % full. The crowd was into the game too.
Next Game Dec 30 @ 8PM vs New Hampshire
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
Greg S wrote: Sun Dec 21, 2025 8:12 pm
Awful 1st half for the Huskers. 2 for 18 from the 3 point line, and trail at the half.
What a contrast of two halves. Outscored N.D. 54-29 in the second half
On top of everything, Buyuktuncel ended up with a triple-double. Second one for the team for the season and only the fourth ever for Husker men's basketball
78--55 win with the Husker trailing at half 24-26
For a Sunday night game against North Dakota, the place was probably actually 85+ % full. The crowd was into the game too.
Next Game Dec 30 @ 8PM vs New Hampshire
Yeah that 2nd half was fantastic. Love to see the new and improved Berke!
Louie wrote: Tue Dec 23, 2025 10:39 amHe is very good
He's kind of a key player long term for Hoiberg going forward. He wasn't regarded necessarily as a big time recruit (3 star). NU beat out Creighton, Iowa, Iowa State and Northwestern for him. He was actually supposed to be a 2025 recruit but reclassified for 2024. Then redshirted a year. Definitely a testament to Nebraska developing a player into a big time contributor.