Best Chicken Wings

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene
User avatar
thenewguy
County Board
Posts: 4336
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:50 pm
Location: Council Bluffs

Re: Best Chicken Wings

Post by thenewguy »

salty dog in CB has some really great wings; i have heard that Oscars in Omaha are really good too
Go Cubs Go
almighty_tuna
City Council
Posts: 106377
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado

Re: Best Chicken Wings

Post by almighty_tuna »

thenewguy wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:46 am salty dog in CB has some really great wings;
I've heard the same. Can't wait for their new location to open; I don't really find myself in CB ever so I've never been to Salty Dog yet.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036567
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Best Chicken Wings

Post by Brad »

almighty_tuna wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:32 am
thenewguy wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:46 am salty dog in CB has some really great wings;
I've heard the same. Can't wait for their new location to open; I don't really find myself in CB ever so I've never been to Salty Dog yet.
Its barely in Iowa, right off I80. We have gone over there even when we were not in CB, like after trips to the zoo or botanical gardens. Its worth the 3 min drive from the zoo for char buff double dipped wings.
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village

Re: Best Chicken Wings

Post by Coyote »

Didn’t Salty Dog burn down last year? Or am I thinking wrong?
Louie
County Board
Posts: 4937
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
Location: Dundee

Re: Best Chicken Wings

Post by Louie »

Coyote wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:02 am Didn’t Salty Dog burn down last year? Or am I thinking wrong?
There was a fire in 2017, I assume it's since been fixed up.
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village

Re: Best Chicken Wings

Post by Coyote »


Fire causes extensive damage at Council Bluffs restaurant


Flames spread from an area near the kitchen of a Council Bluffs restaurant to the roof Friday morning, causing considerable damage, said fire officials at the scene. Someone reported seeing smoke and flames at the Salty Dog Bar and Grill shortly before 5 a.m. The restaurant is located near 24th Street and 23rd Avenue.



Gosh, that was Jan 6, 2017….
Louie
County Board
Posts: 4937
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
Location: Dundee

Re: Best Chicken Wings

Post by Louie »

Coyote wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:39 am
Fire causes extensive damage at Council Bluffs restaurant


Flames spread from an area near the kitchen of a Council Bluffs restaurant to the roof Friday morning, causing considerable damage, said fire officials at the scene. Someone reported seeing smoke and flames at the Salty Dog Bar and Grill shortly before 5 a.m. The restaurant is located near 24th Street and 23rd Avenue.



Gosh, that was Jan 6, 2017….
Time flies, don't it
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Re: Best Chicken Wings

Post by ChadJK »

bigredmed wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:26 am Shucks makes killer wings.
Did Shuck's stop offering wings? I stopped into their 119th & Pacific location for lunch today and didn't notice them on the menu.