Noli's Pizza - Multiple Locations

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
Posts: 6013
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta

Re: Noli's Pizza - Multiple Locations

Post by nativeomahan »

According ro the Sunday World-Herald they have secured sufficient funding to reopen.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110969
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Noli's Pizza - Multiple Locations

Post by nebugeater »

nativeomahan wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2026 2:48 am According ro the Sunday World-Herald they have secured sufficient funding to reopen.
Funding, partially through donations, is not sustainable.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
locoluke
Home Owners Association
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2025 4:16 am

Re: Noli's Pizza - Multiple Locations

Post by locoluke »

nebugeater wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2026 10:48 am
nativeomahan wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2026 2:48 am According ro the Sunday World-Herald they have secured sufficient funding to reopen.
Funding, partially through donations, is not sustainable.
FWIW it sounded like they were short on money to repair their cooler, not short on money for operations.
Jobbers Canyon Truther
:hammer:
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110969
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Noli's Pizza - Multiple Locations

Post by nebugeater »

locoluke wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2026 1:10 pm
nebugeater wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2026 10:48 am
nativeomahan wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2026 2:48 am According ro the Sunday World-Herald they have secured sufficient funding to reopen.
Funding, partially through donations, is not sustainable.
FWIW it sounded like they were short on money to repair their cooler, not short on money for operations.
Sorry, but repairing the cooler and whatever is next is part of the cost of operations. I guess, using the logic presented, if my HVAC goes out at home, I should expect my friends and neighbors to kick in for the repairs/replacement. Guess running a business doesn't work the way I have known it to work for MANY years.
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
locoluke
Home Owners Association
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2025 4:16 am

Re: Noli's Pizza - Multiple Locations

Post by locoluke »

nebugeater wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2026 1:22 pm
locoluke wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2026 1:10 pm
nebugeater wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2026 10:48 am
nativeomahan wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2026 2:48 am According ro the Sunday World-Herald they have secured sufficient funding to reopen.
Funding, partially through donations, is not sustainable.
FWIW it sounded like they were short on money to repair their cooler, not short on money for operations.
Sorry, but repairing the cooler and whatever is next is part of the cost of operations. I guess, using the logic presented, if my HVAC goes out at home, I should expect my friends and neighbors to kick in for the repairs/replacement. Guess running a business doesn't work the way I have known it to work for MANY years.
I guess in my mind operational expenses are more day-to-day costs such as supplies and labor, but I admit I’m probably wrong.
Jobbers Canyon Truther
:hammer:
ChadJK
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:51 pm

Re: Noli's Pizza - Multiple Locations

Post by ChadJK »

nativeomahan wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2026 2:48 am According ro the Sunday World-Herald they have secured sufficient funding to reopen.
So, now they still have many of the problems they had before AND everyone thinks they're closed now.
Last edited by ChadJK on Mon Sep 21, 2026 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110969
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE

Re: Noli's Pizza - Multiple Locations

Post by nebugeater »

locoluke wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2026 1:53 pm
nebugeater wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2026 1:22 pm
locoluke wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2026 1:10 pm
nebugeater wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2026 10:48 am
nativeomahan wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2026 2:48 am According ro the Sunday World-Herald they have secured sufficient funding to reopen.
Funding, partially through donations, is not sustainable.
FWIW it sounded like they were short on money to repair their cooler, not short on money for operations.
Sorry, but repairing the cooler and whatever is next is part of the cost of operations. I guess, using the logic presented, if my HVAC goes out at home, I should expect my friends and neighbors to kick in for the repairs/replacement. Guess running a business doesn't work the way I have known it to work for MANY years.
I guess in my mind operational expenses are more day-to-day costs such as supplies and labor, but I admit I’m probably wrong.
Equipment repair is part overhead and part operational expenses for a business. At least that is what 35+ years in industrial maintenance management has taught me.

Now, if it's a total replacement, that is capital and depreciated, but I didn't see anything metioned other than repairs. Even if it's capital and then depreciated, that cost needs to come from the day-to-day profits of a business
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!