Rock Bottom Brewery
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:22 pm
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6013
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Rock Bottom Brewery
I finally ate at RB. We were impressed. A Saturday lunch found the place busy, the service friendly and prompt, and the food hot, tasty and served in Midwest quantity. And the beers were also very good. They have about 8 of their own on tap, plus about 2 dozen other craft and microbrews, many on tap. About 6 of the beers were Belgian.
Prices were fine, in the $10-12 range for burgers and other lunchy type items.
All in all, a nice addition to the OM.
Prices were fine, in the $10-12 range for burgers and other lunchy type items.
All in all, a nice addition to the OM.
-
Ben
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1066
- Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:57 pm
- Location: Westside
Rock Bottom Brewery
As much as I love this place's food and beer, I'm officially on boycott.
Yesterday was the 2nd time that they hassled a large group I was part of. Back in January for my 30th, we had a large group there drinking late one Saturday night, and they kept trying to usher us into seat (we had all 3 of the tap tables). Then yesterday, All About Omaha, a young professionals group here in town, had a happy hour there. Same thing - we were scheduled for the 3 tap tables and bar area. They insisted we sit, and didn't want anyone up and mingling. They hassled us enough that we picked up and moved - all 50 of us went across the street to the new Roja. They were more than happy to have us, and were way more accommodating.
I'm sorry for the rant, but that was some of the worst customer service I've ever experienced. They lost a lot of business last night, and more than a couple of us will never go back....
Yesterday was the 2nd time that they hassled a large group I was part of. Back in January for my 30th, we had a large group there drinking late one Saturday night, and they kept trying to usher us into seat (we had all 3 of the tap tables). Then yesterday, All About Omaha, a young professionals group here in town, had a happy hour there. Same thing - we were scheduled for the 3 tap tables and bar area. They insisted we sit, and didn't want anyone up and mingling. They hassled us enough that we picked up and moved - all 50 of us went across the street to the new Roja. They were more than happy to have us, and were way more accommodating.
I'm sorry for the rant, but that was some of the worst customer service I've ever experienced. They lost a lot of business last night, and more than a couple of us will never go back....
-
S33
- County Board
- Posts: 4430
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 5:15 pm
Rock Bottom Brewery
Yeah, screw that. I'd have been out of there, too. When I was there, there were people standing all the way around the bar and in the entire tap section. They didn't seem to mind that time.Ben wrote:As much as I love this place's food and beer, I'm officially on boycott.
Yesterday was the 2nd time that they hassled a large group I was part of. Back in January for my 30th, we had a large group there drinking late one Saturday night, and they kept trying to usher us into seat (we had all 3 of the tap tables). Then yesterday, All About Omaha, a young professionals group here in town, had a happy hour there. Same thing - we were scheduled for the 3 tap tables and bar area. They insisted we sit, and didn't want anyone up and mingling. They hassled us enough that we picked up and moved - all 50 of us went across the street to the new Roja. They were more than happy to have us, and were way more accommodating.
I'm sorry for the rant, but that was some of the worst customer service I've ever experienced. They lost a lot of business last night, and more than a couple of us will never go back....
-
omahayum
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:48 am
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Rock Bottom Blog from May
Rock Bottom Gold Medal Tap 5-1-2010
http://omahayum.blogspot.com/2010/05/ro ... -2010.html
Check out my blog for the rest of my review:Omaha Yum wrote:After checking out the expo at the Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting, my wife and I walked over to the Old Market. We stopped at the Rock Bottom Gold Metal Tap on the corner of 11th & Harney. We just stopped to have a cold drink and enjoy their cozy patio. The day was beautiful and we had a wonderful time.
The staff was really friendly and attentive, eespecially our server Melissa who really made us feel at home. We both tried one of the drink specials for the Kentucky Derby. My wife had drink called a "Derby", it was a fruity drink made with cherry infused Jim Beam and served in a martini glass. She gave it a thumbs up and would definitely have it again. I had a Mint Julip in honor of the Derby, and I will have one again next year on Derby day, but not until then. It wasn't that it was not made right, Mint Julips just aren't my favorite.
http://omahayum.blogspot.com/2010/05/ro ... -2010.html
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110977
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Rock Bottom Blog from May
omahayum wrote:http://omahayum.blogspot.com/2010/05/ro ... -2010.html
So this is now an advertisement site for this blog? Posts of links only in how many threads?
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
- Location: Aksarben Village
Rock Bottom Brewery
Wow, I totally forgot this was now Rock Bottom:


-
RNcyanide
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2778
- Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:37 pm
- Location: Boston
Rock Bottom Brewery
Went there last night for a few drinks. One of the better dirty gin martinis I've had. Nachos appetizer was generously portioned. Shrimp and lobster tacos were pretty tasty. I'd definitely go again. Don't care much for beer in general, so I can't say anything about their brews.[/img]
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.
The Bride
The Bride
-
Uffda
- County Board
- Posts: 4622
- Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:52 am
- Location: Land o Lakes, FL
Re: Rock Bottom Brewery
A Jams Bar and Grill is headed to the Old Market.
Greg Cutchall, owner and CEO of Cutchall Management, which purchased a controlling interest in the original Jams this fall, plans to close his Omaha location of Rock Bottom Brewery, on the corner of 11th and Harney Streets, by the end of October.
http://www.omaha.com/go/jams-bar-and-gr ... e3e8f.html
Greg Cutchall, owner and CEO of Cutchall Management, which purchased a controlling interest in the original Jams this fall, plans to close his Omaha location of Rock Bottom Brewery, on the corner of 11th and Harney Streets, by the end of October.
http://www.omaha.com/go/jams-bar-and-gr ... e3e8f.html
-
RNcyanide
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2778
- Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:37 pm
- Location: Boston
Re: Rock Bottom Brewery
What? I actually really like that place. This saddens me.
When fortune smiles on something as violent and ugly as revenge, it seems proof like no other that not only does God exist, you're doing his will.
The Bride
The Bride
-
Linkin5
- County Board
- Posts: 4889
- Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:59 am
Re: Rock Bottom Brewery
Love Jams this is great. Their new revamped logo and image is pretty good looking too.
-
BPHusker
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 138
- Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:52 pm
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Re: Rock Bottom Brewery
Does anyone know when Rock Bottom closes? I've never been there and would like to give it a shot before it closes its doors.
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11634
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:26 pm
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Re: Rock Bottom Brewery
The article stated October. They hope to have Jams open by Thanksgiving.BPHusker wrote:Does anyone know when Rock Bottom closes? I've never been there and would like to give it a shot before it closes its doors.
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6013
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Re: Rock Bottom Brewery
Mixed feelings here. Rock Bottom was a great fit for the OM. But Jams will also be a nice addition.