Omaha 15O! Photos
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:46 pm
Omaha 15O! Photos
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
-
DMRyan
- Human Relations
- Posts: 644
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:07 pm
- Location: Des Moines, IA
Omaha 15O! Photos
That new camera of yours is bananas man! Great photos of what looked like a great time. Wish I could've seen it myself.
DesMoines Forum: https://urbandsm.com/forum/
-
Minneapolis Boy
- Library Board
- Posts: 343
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:31 pm
- Location: Back in Omaha!
Omaha 15O! Photos
Awesome! I was supposed to be in Omaha this weekend, but plans fell apart. Thanks for sharing some of it with those of us who could not be in the Big O!
-
eomaha
- County Board
- Posts: 4176
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:29 am
- Location: West Omaha
Omaha 15O! Photos
Aaron... fantastic! I am so glad you got some pictures... my 20th reunion left me pretty tied up this weekend. I like the vantage point you chose as well! (I wish I had my camera with me... we were on the riverview terrace of the Qwest Center with the my class of '84 mates!).
Anyone happen to get any pictures of the 311 crowd?!?
Anyone happen to get any pictures of the 311 crowd?!?
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106376
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
Omaha 15O! Photos
Here's my photos of the fireworks, taken from the 5th floor observation patio of the Gallup building. Unfortunately when I went to resize for the web here at home they appeared much darker than on my calibrated monitor at work- hopefully you don't suffer the same fate
. For those camera buffs they were taken with an Olympus E-20N 5mp on Time Priority (2sec exposures) anywhere from 9mm to ~20mm with the exception of the close-up of Ricks, which was 36mm. A tripod was used of course!
http://members.cox.net/astreur/fireworks
http://members.cox.net/astreur/fireworks
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
Omaha 15O! Photos
You may need to add the html tag: http://members.cox.net/astreur/fireworks.html
Great shots Tuna. Were there that many boats out on the river as this leads me to believe:

And Aaron - I hope to see more great entries as you play with your new camera. Thanks for sharing!
Great shots Tuna. Were there that many boats out on the river as this leads me to believe:

And Aaron - I hope to see more great entries as you play with your new camera. Thanks for sharing!
-
jays25ks
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 92
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:08 pm
- Location: West Omaha
Omaha 15O! Photos
wow what a great view of the show. I forgot that there would have been a lot of boates on the river to watch it.
-
eomaha
- County Board
- Posts: 4176
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:29 am
- Location: West Omaha
Omaha 15O! Photos
Fantastic tuna!
Would you mind if I created a page for these on the website along with Aaron's pictures (with credits of course).
Would you mind if I created a page for these on the website along with Aaron's pictures (with credits of course).
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106376
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
Omaha 15O! Photos
Yeah, go ahead and make the site! If you want bigger pics than what I put on the cox.net page let me know and I can surely accommodate. The originals are about 1mb each.
There were a lot of boats on the river Saturday night. It was amusing to watch them jockey for position. The coast guard had set up the "no boat zone" right around the US Park Service building along the river and the boats were stacked back quite a way up the river. Thanks for the compliments (and the tip about the .html extension i forgot, Coyote).
-Adam
There were a lot of boats on the river Saturday night. It was amusing to watch them jockey for position. The coast guard had set up the "no boat zone" right around the US Park Service building along the river and the boats were stacked back quite a way up the river. Thanks for the compliments (and the tip about the .html extension i forgot, Coyote).
-Adam
-
eomaha
- County Board
- Posts: 4176
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:29 am
- Location: West Omaha
Omaha 15O! Photos
Thanks tuna! (perhaps you could email me your name... I'll post with credits)
I actually put my boat in Lake Manawa for the Iowa Susquicentennial fireworks... the only time I've ever taken the boat out of the water in the dark. It was a nightmare... about one seventy-five or more boats all trying to get out of the water at once in the dark... trailers backing up everywhere... then it was about 2 hours before traffic began moving out of the park.
The river scares me enough... I wouldn't ever consider going out there to watch the fireworks... although I suspect most of these folks probably have slips at NP Dodge/Anchor Inn/Bellevue... which would probably make things easier.
I actually put my boat in Lake Manawa for the Iowa Susquicentennial fireworks... the only time I've ever taken the boat out of the water in the dark. It was a nightmare... about one seventy-five or more boats all trying to get out of the water at once in the dark... trailers backing up everywhere... then it was about 2 hours before traffic began moving out of the park.
The river scares me enough... I wouldn't ever consider going out there to watch the fireworks... although I suspect most of these folks probably have slips at NP Dodge/Anchor Inn/Bellevue... which would probably make things easier.
-
almighty_tuna
- City Council
- Posts: 106376
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
- Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
Omaha 15O! Photos
For now I'm a dedicated land lubber! Traffic was bad enough on Saturday, I wouldn't want to imagine trying to dock a boat as well. I would assume most had slips nearby, many looked like awful nice boats.
Adam
Adam