so here's an odd question
-
cosita
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:21 am
so here's an odd question
Is there some sort of ordinance that you have to paint your house white? One odd thing that I noticed while visiting was that all of the houses were painted white. We're thinking of painting ours blue or green but I thought I'd ask here first. 
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7784
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
- Location: Dundee
so here's an odd question
Not that I know of. If you want to see some colorful houses go to north Omaha, and I mean colorful.
15-17, 26, 32
-
Swift
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2887
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:13 pm
- Location: NYC
so here's an odd question
No ordinance, at least not that I know of. Growing up we lived right next door from a yellow house and two down from a green house.
There's a lot of blue houses in my parent's current neighborhood.
There's a lot of blue houses in my parent's current neighborhood.
-
Finn
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1387
- Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:54 pm
- Location: DC
so here's an odd question
No, there is no such city ordinance. Some new developments (SIDs) have CCRs (covenants, conditions & restrictions) that may limit the color pallette, which is typical in new developments around the country. Your home in Benson will be under no such restrictions.
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
-
icejammer
- County Board
- Posts: 3569
- Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:39 am
- Location: Council Bluffs
so here's an odd question
Cool, are they playing "Smoke On the Water" really loud on their stereos too?DTO Luv wrote:I know by my house there are at least 4 houses painted deep purple.
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7784
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
- Location: Dundee
so here's an odd question
I hope there’s no fire in the sky.icejammer wrote:Cool, are they playing "Smoke On the Water" really loud on their stereos too?DTO Luv wrote:I know by my house there are at least 4 houses painted deep purple.
15-17, 26, 32
-
cosita
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:21 am
so here's an odd question
I swear I can count on one hand the number of non white houses I saw while driving around. 
-
Swift
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2887
- Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:13 pm
- Location: NYC
so here's an odd question
It largely depends on what neighborhood you are living in.
Most houses in my parent's neighborhood are painted earth tones (not that that is any better).
Most houses in my parent's neighborhood are painted earth tones (not that that is any better).