NDOR highway cams
-
eomaha
- County Board
- Posts: 4176
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:29 pm
- Location: West Omaha
NDOR highway cams
A work in progress apparently, but their plan is to add about 150 cameras.
http://www2.dor.state.ne.us/Webcams/Default.aspx
http://www2.dor.state.ne.us/Webcams/Default.aspx
-
Minneapolis Boy
- Library Board
- Posts: 343
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:31 pm
- Location: Back in Omaha!
NDOR highway cams
I think cameras can be helpful, especially for emergencey situations, etc. I would also like the NDOR to add landscaping to the road projects they complete [e.g. 80/680 and 680/Dodge Freeway].
-
Asten
- Human Relations
- Posts: 689
- Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:25 pm
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Physically: Chicagoland. Historically: Omaha
NDOR highway cams
No kidding. After beautifying the Abbott drive corridor, this is high on my list of things that need to look a lot better.Minneapolis Boy wrote:I think cameras can be helpful, especially for emergencey situations, etc. I would also like the NDOR to add landscaping to the road projects they complete [e.g. 80/680 and 680/Dodge Freeway].
-
ItsAllAboutMe
- Human Relations
- Posts: 962
- Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:14 pm
NDOR highway cams
Love this site.....put this one in your favorites
-
eomaha
- County Board
- Posts: 4176
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:29 pm
- Location: West Omaha
NDOR highway cams
Found this interesting University of Nebraska traffic monitoring project page...
http://www.matc.unl.edu/matc_facilities ... pment.html
Requires an Active/X control...
http://trafficcams.cet.unomaha.edu/view/index.shtml
http://trafficcams3.cet.unomaha.edu/view/index.shtml
http://www.matc.unl.edu/matc_facilities ... pment.html
Requires an Active/X control...
http://trafficcams.cet.unomaha.edu/view/index.shtml
http://trafficcams3.cet.unomaha.edu/view/index.shtml
-
adam186
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2264
- Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:29 am
- Location: Omaha
NDOR highway cams
Nice find. That's cool. Why are they doing this?
-
eomaha
- County Board
- Posts: 4176
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:29 pm
- Location: West Omaha
NDOR highway cams
I believe they're just doing traffic monitoring research in general... nothing specific about this street of road. I'm sure it's on Pacific east of 72nd more for the convenience of being nearby the Kiewit Institute, which probably plays some role.
You can imagine seeing the arrows detecting the moving cars... that this will some how enable the end user to identify where traffic tie ups occur, etc.
You can imagine seeing the arrows detecting the moving cars... that this will some how enable the end user to identify where traffic tie ups occur, etc.
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:49 pm
- Location: Dundee
NDOR highway cams
OMG every time I say beautify that stuff I get 15 people telling it’s a waste etc. WTFD?
15-17, 26, 32
-
eomaha
- County Board
- Posts: 4176
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:29 pm
- Location: West Omaha
NDOR highway cams
I'm going to guess you responded to the wrong thread? 
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:49 pm
- Location: Dundee
NDOR highway cams
OMG every time I say beautify that stuff I get 15 people telling it’s a waste etc. WTFD?Minneapolis Boy wrote:I would also like the NDOR to add landscaping to the road projects they complete [e.g. 80/680 and 680/Dodge Freeway].
15-17, 26, 32
-
eomaha
- County Board
- Posts: 4176
- Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:29 pm
- Location: West Omaha
NDOR highway cams
Oh, right (by the way... if I hated you, I wouldn't constantly be secretly fixing your spelling errors either
).
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:49 pm
- Location: Dundee
NDOR highway cams
Aww so deep down under all them chastising PMs and delete posts you do care awww.. 
15-17, 26, 32
-
Finn
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1387
- Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:54 am
- Location: DC
NDOR highway cams
Thanks Jeff, that "translation" helps as I get blurry-eyed trying to keep up with MTOs rapid-fire posting. 
-
MTO
- City Council
- Posts: 7783
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:49 pm
- Location: Dundee
NDOR highway cams
Hey speaking of my imperfections, who was it that blasted me over spelling and grammar a little ways back? I want to make sure they come to the forum meet so we can discuss it like men…!

15-17, 26, 32
-
adam186
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2264
- Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:29 am
- Location: Omaha
NDOR highway cams
I think that MIGHT have been me. 