Omaha downtown photos

Share your photographs and videos taken from around the metro
Jet915
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:27 am

Omaha downtown photos

Post by Jet915 »

Hey all,
Having lived in Omaha for a year now, I've really enjoyed this site and the discussions about the growth of Omaha. I'd like to share some photos I've taken of Omaha since I've been here. Enjoy!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

I'm originally from southern California, I currently attend Creighton.
Last edited by Jet915 on Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
DTO Luv
City Council
Posts: 9644
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:22 pm

Omaha downtown photos

Post by DTO Luv »

Where did you originally come from?
DTO
eomaha
County Board
Posts: 4176
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:29 pm
Location: West Omaha

Omaha downtown photos

Post by eomaha »

Excellent photos jet... thanks for sharing them (I took the liberty of fixing up your message for you :) ).

...and welcome to the forum!
adam186
Planning Board
Posts: 2264
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:29 am
Location: Omaha

Omaha downtown photos

Post by adam186 »

Welcome to the forum. Those are amazing pictures. I like the one with the lightening (that must take some skill or luck). Are you a professional photagrapher?
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council
Posts: 6854
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:46 pm

Omaha downtown photos

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Fabulouse photos, Jetson!! That view of Creighton on the hill is one of my favorites.

Welcome! And keep taking photos!
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
User avatar
Zephyr
Human Relations
Posts: 645
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:35 am
Location: Omaha

Omaha downtown photos

Post by Zephyr »

Those are some very stunning photos, Jetson! Thanks for sharing them and keep up the good work! Welcome to the forum!
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village

Omaha downtown photos

Post by Coyote »

Great night shots of Omaha Jetson.
Welcome to Omaha!
edsas
Human Relations
Posts: 841
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:47 am
Location: La Vista

Omaha downtown photos

Post by edsas »

Awesome shots, Jetson. You have an eye for the quirky.
omahaopinions.com
Home Owners Association
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:16 am

Omaha downtown photos

Post by omahaopinions.com »

Sweet photos. My favorites is the one with the lightning and the last one. Good timing on the lightning pic! :D
OmahaOpinions.com - Express your opinions!
Jet915
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:27 am

Omaha downtown photos

Post by Jet915 »

Thanks everyone, I hope to take more pictures of Omaha in the future when I have some extra time. I've been doing photography for a long time but just as a hobby. If anyone wants to check out my other pictures, my website is http://www.naturesamerica.com Thanks!
projectman
Human Relations
Posts: 867
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:44 am
Location: Millard/Sarpy County

Omaha downtown photos

Post by projectman »

These are great. I have not seen the skyline draped in the cool cloud formations before. I think we take for granted the beautiful sunsets and cloud formations that we see on the Great Plains.

Very nice.
StreetsOfOmaha
City Council
Posts: 6854
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:46 pm

Omaha downtown photos

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Well, it's a whole different discussion that we've had a million times, but Omaha is not on the the great plains "persay". But anyway, this isn't the place to "get into it."

I agree, though, that we take our natural beauty for granted.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
jborg
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:40 am
Location: Omaha

Omaha downtown photos

Post by jborg »

I am wanting to know if anyone has taken or found any photos of downtown taken from or just off abbott drive. It is my favorite view of the skyline, yet have yet to find any pictures taken from this angle.
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village

Omaha downtown photos

Post by Coyote »

StreetsOfOmaha
City Council
Posts: 6854
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:46 pm

Omaha downtown photos

Post by StreetsOfOmaha »

Here are some pictures of the view from last winter when everything was ugly. It's a good view nonetheless.

Image

Image

Image
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
eomaha
County Board
Posts: 4176
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:29 pm
Location: West Omaha

Omaha downtown photos

Post by eomaha »

I just realized one nice 350 footer in place of the old UP headquarters would go a long ways towards filling in the skyline from this angle.
DTO Luv
City Council
Posts: 9644
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:22 pm

Omaha downtown photos

Post by DTO Luv »

I was out today and saw that if you go to a certain section of Carter Lake that you can see the Kiewit building beside MutualofO. I think that when DT and MT are together that that is the best view.
DTO
mlle_manon
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:23 pm
Yahoo Messenger: mlle_manon
Location: Omaha (by way of Louisiana)

speaking of newbies with pictures...

Post by mlle_manon »

Hi all! New (more or less temporary) resident from Baton Rouge LA here ... this looks like an awesome site, great discussion and fascinating pictures/stories. Very glad to have heard about this site!

Meanwhile, figured I'd share a few pics I took of street scenes at the last Omaha Farmer's Market for the fall:

Image
a band from my homeland :lol: playing at the Market

Image
er, the sign says it all I suppose

Image
the weatherbeaten painted names on sides of buildings thing somehow has a certain charm for me ...

Image
see, the courtyards in New Orleans may be pretty enough to tempt someone to dine al fresco, but at least here it's actually comfortable to do so!

For now ... cheers and adieu!

mlle_manon
"On a dark, flat land she rides on a pony she named Wildfire
With a whirlwind by her side on a cold Nebraska night..."
eomaha
County Board
Posts: 4176
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:29 pm
Location: West Omaha

Omaha downtown photos

Post by eomaha »

Thanks for sharing those Miles... and welcome to the site... and Omaha!