PeopleOfWalmart
-
Midtown Gal
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 199
- Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:58 am
- Location: Midtown Omaha
PeopleOfWalmart
http://www.peopleofwalmart.com
What gets me is that none of these photos look like they've been doctored.
What gets me is that none of these photos look like they've been doctored.
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110961
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
PeopleOfWalmart
Got this link in an email last night and you are correct, they do not look doctored. The sad part is they are so true too. Looks like this site is only a few weeks old and from some of the things I have read last night looks like this one is going viral!
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
PeopleOfWalmart
The CB Walmart would be a gold mine for that site.
Me and my BF didn't feel like getting to ready to go shopping so we just go to that Walmart. It really does boost your self esteem.
Me and my BF didn't feel like getting to ready to go shopping so we just go to that Walmart. It really does boost your self esteem.
DTO
-
the1wags
- County Board
- Posts: 3853
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:43 pm
- Location: Denver
PeopleOfWalmart
Haha. That's what I said, I'm going to CB Walmart with my camera. Gold mine. That site is comedy gold. 
-
TechnicalDisaster
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1649
- Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:47 pm
- Location: I got old...
PeopleOfWalmart
You should totally do that. I'll go with, and when WT Bubba beats the holy |expletive| out of you for taking his picture, I'll photograph the fight!the1wags wrote:Haha. That's what I said, I'm going to CB Walmart with my camera. Gold mine. That site is comedy gold.
Last edited by TechnicalDisaster on Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036565
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
PeopleOfWalmart
I got that email several times yesterday. That site is awesome! How long before Walmart bans cameras?
Back in high school we played the WT games (white trash). We would go to Walmart and whoever found the biggest piece of white trash won. I always liked the sleeveless flannel shirt.
Back in high school we played the WT games (white trash). We would go to Walmart and whoever found the biggest piece of white trash won. I always liked the sleeveless flannel shirt.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
PeopleOfWalmart
Anyone else find it slightly ironic that these poor bastards have made that store the richest company in the world?
DTO
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036565
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
PeopleOfWalmart
On the backs of Chinese slaves.... (not that other companies don't).

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
icejammer
- County Board
- Posts: 3569
- Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:39 am
- Location: Council Bluffs
PeopleOfWalmart
The one reason I don't shop there....the high percentage of Nebraskan's that come over to shop there.DTO Luv wrote:The CB Walmart would be a gold mine for that site.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."
--William Jennings Bryan
--William Jennings Bryan
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036565
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
PeopleOfWalmart
icejammer wrote:The one reason I don't shop there....the high percentage of Nebraskan's that come over to shop there.DTO Luv wrote:The CB Walmart would be a gold mine for that site.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
PeopleOfWalmart
There may be lots of Nebraskan's shopping there but you can tell them apart from the Iowans like black from white.
DTO
-
the1wags
- County Board
- Posts: 3853
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:43 pm
- Location: Denver
PeopleOfWalmart
Here we go. :roll: Nebraska is just as meth junkied and redneck filled as Iowa.
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
PeopleOfWalmart
+1/-1 since you moved here.the1wags wrote:Here we go. :roll: Nebraska is just as meth junkied and redneck filled as Iowa.
Stable genius.
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
PeopleOfWalmart
Lighten up Francis.the1wags wrote:Here we go. :roll: Nebraska is just as meth junkied and redneck filled as Iowa.
DTO
-
S33
- County Board
- Posts: 4430
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm
PeopleOfWalmart
More people of Wal-Mart...
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/view/80734668/
And my favorite... (she's quite flexible for a husky gal)

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/view/80734668/
And my favorite... (she's quite flexible for a husky gal)

-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110961
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
PeopleOfWalmart
Flexible, I don't know.. I think something just broke!S33 wrote:More people of Wal-Mart...
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/view/80734668/
And my favorite... (she's quite flexible for a husky gal)
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
S33
- County Board
- Posts: 4430
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm
PeopleOfWalmart
Yeah, I think it was her garden...
.......ok...fine, "GINA"
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
PeopleOfWalmart
S33 wrote:Yeah, I think it was her |expletive|..........ok...fine, "GINA"

Stable genius.
-
S33
- County Board
- Posts: 4430
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm
PeopleOfWalmart
Lol, I knew that was coming...Big E wrote:S33 wrote:Yeah, I think it was her |expletive|..........ok...fine, "GINA"
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6013
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
PeopleOfWalmart
Funnier than anything on cable TV...


look close, now...


"Dixie Cups"

I could go on, and on....
I think I will just take a long lunch hour some day and head over to the Bellevue Wal*Mart with my camera.


look close, now...


"Dixie Cups"

I could go on, and on....
I think I will just take a long lunch hour some day and head over to the Bellevue Wal*Mart with my camera.
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
PeopleOfWalmart
To be fair, who of us hasn't had to run into Walmart in heels to buy fake nails real quick before a night out?nativeomahan wrote:
DTO
-
the1wags
- County Board
- Posts: 3853
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:43 pm
- Location: Denver
PeopleOfWalmart
The straight guys on here like me?
Yeah I've been checking the people of walmart site almost daily now. Pure comedy gold.
Yeah I've been checking the people of walmart site almost daily now. Pure comedy gold.
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6013
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
PeopleOfWalmart
This site is pure gold. And it is updated almost daily. Prepare to split a gut.
-
Garrett
- County Board
- Posts: 4698
- Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
- Location: New York City
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
-
Ingersoll1978
- Library Board
- Posts: 490
- Joined: Sat May 22, 2004 5:27 pm
- Location: Des Moines
PeopleOfWalmart
I haven't been in a Wal-Mart since 2000. I simply REFUSE! Thanks for sharing that site, it's hilarious.[/center]
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6013
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
PeopleOfWalmart
The hits keep on a coming from the funniest web site in the world.
They should start a "vehiclesofwalmart.com" site...


Stegacarous
But then again, its the peopleofwalmart who drive those vehicles....

These Boots are Made for Bingo


Mobility and Style

They should start a "vehiclesofwalmart.com" site...


Stegacarous
But then again, its the peopleofwalmart who drive those vehicles....

These Boots are Made for Bingo


Mobility and Style

-
OUC
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:08 pm
- Location: Omaha
PeopleOfWalmart
I almost choked laughing on my Sunday morning coffee looking at those pics. You could not stage those people any better. AWESOME!
-
S33
- County Board
- Posts: 4430
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm
PeopleOfWalmart
Honestly, you could see all that in person at the CB Wal-Mart.OUC wrote:I almost choked laughing on my Sunday morning coffee looking at those pics. You could not stage those people any better. AWESOME!
-
icejammer
- County Board
- Posts: 3569
- Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:39 am
- Location: Council Bluffs
PeopleOfWalmart
...and most of them from east Omaha...S33 wrote:Honestly, you could see all that in person at the CB Wal-Mart.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."
--William Jennings Bryan
--William Jennings Bryan
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
PeopleOfWalmart
Yeah there are a lot of east Omahans there (myself included) but you can definitely tell who is from CB. 
DTO
-
OUC
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:08 pm
- Location: Omaha
PeopleOfWalmart
so this does not go on forever...all wal-marts in the whole country in every part of every city.icejammer wrote:...and most of them from east Omaha...S33 wrote:Honestly, you could see all that in person at the CB Wal-Mart.
-
S33
- County Board
- Posts: 4430
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm
PeopleOfWalmart
Yeah, people from all over go to the CB Wal-Mart since it's the only one for a pretty large radius. I'm just saying there is a noticeable difference from that Wal-Mart to the others in the area. I will say the one off the Irvington exit is running a close second though.icejammer wrote:...and most of them from east Omaha...S33 wrote:Honestly, you could see all that in person at the CB Wal-Mart.
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
PeopleOfWalmart
You haven't lived until you've spent a Sunday afternoon in the South Baltimore WalMart.
Stable genius.
-
DTO Luv
- City Council
- Posts: 9644
- Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:22 pm
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036565
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
PeopleOfWalmart
[Big E Voice] It was colder than |expletive|, snowing like 30 inches, you haven't seen snow until you lived in Baltimore... Anyways We needed more scotch and the only place I could walk was walmart....[/Big E Voice]DTO Luv wrote:Care to elaborate?

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
PeopleOfWalmart
South Baltimore was really the one part of non-upper class Baltimore that wasn't completelydecimated by white flight. However, the majority of the labor class whites there (longshoremen, railyards, etc) have seen their employers long since move away. Many still live in their great-grandparents' 120 year old homes and have never made a house payment or had their property reassessed over what it was worth in 1920.
Now, the Sobo (South Baltimore) WalMart and the adjoining Sam's Club is the only one in the city (there's Baltimore City and Baltimore County), and the only one on a bus line (only one bus line served Sobo... it is basically on a peninsula). So, for the rest of the city that could not afford a vehicle it was their main (if not only) shopping option. Let's also just say that what you saw on The Wire was pretty grounded in reality.
South Baltimore also saw a major renaissance/gentrification during the housing boom. Lots of yuppies moving back to where their parents or grandparents had abandoned in the 50s and 60s, but couldn't have afforded it without the "creative" lending practices of the last decade.
So, long story short, there was pretty much every combination and flavor of racial and economic disparity and tension you could possibly imagine under one roof. I don't recall there ever being any real problems there, but man... it was some serious people watching.
Now, the Sobo (South Baltimore) WalMart and the adjoining Sam's Club is the only one in the city (there's Baltimore City and Baltimore County), and the only one on a bus line (only one bus line served Sobo... it is basically on a peninsula). So, for the rest of the city that could not afford a vehicle it was their main (if not only) shopping option. Let's also just say that what you saw on The Wire was pretty grounded in reality.
South Baltimore also saw a major renaissance/gentrification during the housing boom. Lots of yuppies moving back to where their parents or grandparents had abandoned in the 50s and 60s, but couldn't have afforded it without the "creative" lending practices of the last decade.
So, long story short, there was pretty much every combination and flavor of racial and economic disparity and tension you could possibly imagine under one roof. I don't recall there ever being any real problems there, but man... it was some serious people watching.
Stable genius.
-
Big E
- City Council
- Posts: 8176
- Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am
PeopleOfWalmart
Awesome.Brad wrote:[Big E Voice] It was colder than |expletive|, snowing like 30 inches, you haven't seen snow until you lived in Baltimore... Anyways We needed more scotch and the only place I could walk was walmart....[/Big E Voice]DTO Luv wrote:Care to elaborate?
Have I told you that story before? The weekend we moved in to the house it did just that. Literally - it started snowing Saturday afternoon and quit Sunday night: well over 30". I never saw anything like it in the 5 years I lived in Minneapolis. The pipes outside froze and I had to scoop snow to the nearest bar (about 90 feet away) just so I could take a deuce.
Stable genius.
-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036565
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
PeopleOfWalmart
Yep, that's the story.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
icejammer
- County Board
- Posts: 3569
- Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:39 am
- Location: Council Bluffs
PeopleOfWalmart
And it's the only one where you can go and get mugged or stabbed while shopping. Yea!S33 wrote:I will say the one off the Irvington exit is running a close second though.
"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."
--William Jennings Bryan
--William Jennings Bryan
