Famous Dave (13015 Birch Dr ) - Closed

Omaha's dining, arts and music scene
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036609
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Famous Dave (13015 Birch Dr ) - Closed

Post by Brad »

Famous Daves (131 and Maple) former Chili's

http://www.omaha.com/article/20091002/E ... /710029840
Nichole Aksamit, http://www.omaha.com wrote:Franchise owner Greg Cutchall said the Famous Dave's will reopen in the former Chili's near 131st Street and West Maple Road by April.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036609
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Famous Daves (131 and Maple) former Chili's

Post by Brad »

Flames break out at Famous Dave's restaurant in northwest Omaha

http://www.wowt.com/content/news/Flames ... OWT_6_News
GRANDPASMUCKER
Human Relations
Posts: 832
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:10 pm
Location: Omaha

Re: Famous Daves (131 and Maple) former Chili's

Post by GRANDPASMUCKER »

Just ate there for lunch Monday. I had 4 ribs, fries, and a salad for $20 including tip. Man those ribs were the best ones I have had anywhere in awhile. That cook may of messed up and caused that fire but he sure cooks some great ribs! The Famous Daves in Millard where I live is always packed for lunch and its too crowded for me to relax. The one on 132nd and maple is flat out dead for lunch which makes it worth the drive for me.
User avatar
Greg S
City Council
Posts: 9004
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:46 pm

Re: Famous Daves (131 and Maple) former Chili's

Post by Greg S »

Yeah they really struggle at lunch.

Greg
User avatar
Omababe
Planning Board
Posts: 2467
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:47 pm

Famous Dave (13015 Birch Dr ) - Closed

Post by Omababe »

I just heard this is now closed.

Kinda surprises me since it's always been fairly busy, at least around lunch time.
Padre
Human Relations
Posts: 930
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:53 am
Location: Omaha

Re: Famous Dave Eagle Run closed ...

Post by Padre »

Omababe wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:04 pm I just heard this is now closed.

Kinda surprises me since it's always been fairly busy, at least around lunch time.
I'm not. I felt like Famous Daves went downhill the last couple years. Of course, it probably didn't help when we went in one time and asked the waiter what he recommended. His reply was "I don't know, I don't eat here!"
omaha79
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1635
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:46 pm

Re: Famous Dave Eagle Run closed ...

Post by omaha79 »

Padre wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:07 pm
Omababe wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:04 pm I just heard this is now closed.

Kinda surprises me since it's always been fairly busy, at least around lunch time.
I'm not. I felt like Famous Daves went downhill the last couple years. Of course, it probably didn't help when we went in one time and asked the waiter what he recommended. His reply was "I don't know, I don't eat here!"
I feel like Famous Daves has gone steadily downhill for about 10 years, at least. It used to be good in the early 00's. Now, it's a shell of what it was. The only reason people went there lately was the lack of solid BBQ places in Omaha and that's slowly getting better too making Famous DAve's obsolete.

The "I don't eat here" comment is funny. I went to Early Bird in Blackstone with some work people a while back. I asked the waitress (very hipster type) if the breakfast burrito was any good as it had their reccomendation on the menu. Her response was , "I don't know. I'm, like vegan and suuuuper healthy. I'm very particular about what I put into my body. I don't eat stuff like that, but I hear it's good." All I could think was does this woman even want a tip right now? Could have found a better choice of words, IMO. Some people don't think.
omaharocks
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:46 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Famous Dave Eagle Run closed ...

Post by omaharocks »

"Owner Greg Cutchall said the location's lease was up and the business could not support an increase in rent. This was his last Famous Dave's location in Omaha."

https://www.omaha.com/omahadines/news/f ... 59df9.html
User avatar
Omababe
Planning Board
Posts: 2467
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:47 pm

Re: Famous Dave Eagle Run closed ...

Post by Omababe »

That's two in that same area closed in so many months, the other being Salt 88.
User avatar
GrandpaaSmucker
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1879
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:09 pm

Re: Famous Dave Eagle Run closed ...

Post by GrandpaaSmucker »

This is no surprise to me. For the past 3 years my rule has been Famous Daves on Maple St cool Famous Daves in Millard not cool. I like to eat there for lunch now and then but the one in Millard is always so busy that its unpleasant. I found that if I went to the one on Maple for lunch often there would be no more then 3 or 4 tables with customers in the whole place. It was heaven and I knew that it could not last. Oh well back to the one in Millard.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013720
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Famous Dave Eagle Run closed ...

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

I’ve always thought for what it was (and is) Famous Dave’s is pretty good. I don’t recall ever having a bad meal there.. It’s always been pretty solid. That said, it’s probably been close to 3 years since I’ve eaten at Famous Dave’s..so perhaps there is some validity that it’s “gone downhill”.. In my opinion, there’s just better BBQ options in Omaha now than, say, 10 or so years ago.. That’s mainly the reason I’ve not eaten at Dave’s recently...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
User avatar
bigredmed1
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1689
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 3:16 am

Re: Famous Dave Eagle Run closed ...

Post by bigredmed1 »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:27 pm I’ve always thought for what it was (and is) Famous Dave’s is pretty good. I don’t recall ever having a bad meal there.. It’s always been pretty solid. That said, it’s probably been close to 3 years since I’ve eaten at Famous Dave’s..so perhaps there is some validity that it’s “gone downhill”.. In my opinion, there’s just better BBQ options in Omaha now than, say, 10 or so years ago.. That’s mainly the reason I’ve not eaten at Dave’s recently...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
I have had worse food at Tired Texan, by FAR. Still the last time I was at FD on 120th, it was loud, and unpleasantly so. The food was not cooked well and overall, I can find better food elsewhere. I have never had actual ash on my meat at FD. Can't say the same for Tired Texan where I have had them tell me they are out of food, and at a second visit after their opening jitters were over, I was actually served a plate of ribs that were covered in about 3 mm of black as coal ash, the underlying meat was charred, and the rib bones that were exposed were burnt to a black color not seen anywhere outside of a crematorium. So, I have to meet you part way, FD is not as good as it was 5-10 years ago, but it is not as bad as Tired Texan. Of course, I have never been inclined to report FD to the health department, cant say the same for the other place.
omaha79
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1635
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:46 pm

Re: Famous Dave Eagle Run closed ...

Post by omaha79 »

bigredmed1 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:33 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:27 pm I’ve always thought for what it was (and is) Famous Dave’s is pretty good. I don’t recall ever having a bad meal there.. It’s always been pretty solid. That said, it’s probably been close to 3 years since I’ve eaten at Famous Dave’s..so perhaps there is some validity that it’s “gone downhill”.. In my opinion, there’s just better BBQ options in Omaha now than, say, 10 or so years ago.. That’s mainly the reason I’ve not eaten at Dave’s recently...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
I have had worse food at Tired Texan, by FAR. Still the last time I was at FD on 120th, it was loud, and unpleasantly so. The food was not cooked well and overall, I can find better food elsewhere. I have never had actual ash on my meat at FD. Can't say the same for Tired Texan where I have had them tell me they are out of food, and at a second visit after their opening jitters were over, I was actually served a plate of ribs that were covered in about 3 mm of black as coal ash, the underlying meat was charred, and the rib bones that were exposed were burnt to a black color not seen anywhere outside of a crematorium. So, I have to meet you part way, FD is not as good as it was 5-10 years ago, but it is not as bad as Tired Texan. Of course, I have never been inclined to report FD to the health department, cant say the same for the other place.
Seemed like the reviews of Tired Texan on here weren't too bad. So, I tried it a few weeks ago. I was not impressed.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1553
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Famous Dave Eagle Run closed ...

Post by bbinks »

It will reopen soon with a different concept... Cutchall has several franchises that he operates.
User avatar
Omaha Cowboy
The Don
Posts: 1013720
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:31 am
Location: West Omaha

Re: Famous Dave Eagle Run closed ...

Post by Omaha Cowboy »

omaha79 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:03 pm
bigredmed1 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:33 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:27 pm I’ve always thought for what it was (and is) Famous Dave’s is pretty good. I don’t recall ever having a bad meal there.. It’s always been pretty solid. That said, it’s probably been close to 3 years since I’ve eaten at Famous Dave’s..so perhaps there is some validity that it’s “gone downhill”.. In my opinion, there’s just better BBQ options in Omaha now than, say, 10 or so years ago.. That’s mainly the reason I’ve not eaten at Dave’s recently...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
I have had worse food at Tired Texan, by FAR. Still the last time I was at FD on 120th, it was loud, and unpleasantly so. The food was not cooked well and overall, I can find better food elsewhere. I have never had actual ash on my meat at FD. Can't say the same for Tired Texan where I have had them tell me they are out of food, and at a second visit after their opening jitters were over, I was actually served a plate of ribs that were covered in about 3 mm of black as coal ash, the underlying meat was charred, and the rib bones that were exposed were burnt to a black color not seen anywhere outside of a crematorium. So, I have to meet you part way, FD is not as good as it was 5-10 years ago, but it is not as bad as Tired Texan. Of course, I have never been inclined to report FD to the health department, cant say the same for the other place.
Seemed like the reviews of Tired Texan on here weren't too bad. So, I tried it a few weeks ago. I was not impressed.
It’s disappointing to hear this about Tired Texan.. I’ve also heard from others that they, in the past, have ran out of food.. The place is still on my list to try.. But admittedly, I’m more apprehensive about it now...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
zippy
Library Board
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:55 pm
Location: Harvey Oaks

Re: Famous Dave Eagle Run closed ...

Post by zippy »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:30 pm
omaha79 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:03 pm
bigredmed1 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:33 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:27 pm I’ve always thought for what it was (and is) Famous Dave’s is pretty good. I don’t recall ever having a bad meal there.. It’s always been pretty solid. That said, it’s probably been close to 3 years since I’ve eaten at Famous Dave’s..so perhaps there is some validity that it’s “gone downhill”.. In my opinion, there’s just better BBQ options in Omaha now than, say, 10 or so years ago.. That’s mainly the reason I’ve not eaten at Dave’s recently...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
I have had worse food at Tired Texan, by FAR. Still the last time I was at FD on 120th, it was loud, and unpleasantly so. The food was not cooked well and overall, I can find better food elsewhere. I have never had actual ash on my meat at FD. Can't say the same for Tired Texan where I have had them tell me they are out of food, and at a second visit after their opening jitters were over, I was actually served a plate of ribs that were covered in about 3 mm of black as coal ash, the underlying meat was charred, and the rib bones that were exposed were burnt to a black color not seen anywhere outside of a crematorium. So, I have to meet you part way, FD is not as good as it was 5-10 years ago, but it is not as bad as Tired Texan. Of course, I have never been inclined to report FD to the health department, cant say the same for the other place.
Seemed like the reviews of Tired Texan on here weren't too bad. So, I tried it a few weeks ago. I was not impressed.
It’s disappointing to hear this about Tired Texan.. I’ve also heard from others that they, in the past, have ran out of food.. The place is still on my list to try.. But admittedly, I’m more apprehensive about it now...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
Earlier this year, my sister visited from her home north of Austin, TX. We got takeout from Tired Texan, and she and her husband thought it was better than Salt Lick BBQ, but not as quite good as a newer place near their house. Note that the "Tumbleweeds" don't travel well.
omaha79
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1635
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:46 pm

Re: Famous Dave Eagle Run closed ...

Post by omaha79 »

Omaha Cowboy wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:30 pm
omaha79 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:03 pm
bigredmed1 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:33 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:27 pm I’ve always thought for what it was (and is) Famous Dave’s is pretty good. I don’t recall ever having a bad meal there.. It’s always been pretty solid. That said, it’s probably been close to 3 years since I’ve eaten at Famous Dave’s..so perhaps there is some validity that it’s “gone downhill”.. In my opinion, there’s just better BBQ options in Omaha now than, say, 10 or so years ago.. That’s mainly the reason I’ve not eaten at Dave’s recently...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
I have had worse food at Tired Texan, by FAR. Still the last time I was at FD on 120th, it was loud, and unpleasantly so. The food was not cooked well and overall, I can find better food elsewhere. I have never had actual ash on my meat at FD. Can't say the same for Tired Texan where I have had them tell me they are out of food, and at a second visit after their opening jitters were over, I was actually served a plate of ribs that were covered in about 3 mm of black as coal ash, the underlying meat was charred, and the rib bones that were exposed were burnt to a black color not seen anywhere outside of a crematorium. So, I have to meet you part way, FD is not as good as it was 5-10 years ago, but it is not as bad as Tired Texan. Of course, I have never been inclined to report FD to the health department, cant say the same for the other place.
Seemed like the reviews of Tired Texan on here weren't too bad. So, I tried it a few weeks ago. I was not impressed.
It’s disappointing to hear this about Tired Texan.. I’ve also heard from others that they, in the past, have ran out of food.. The place is still on my list to try.. But admittedly, I’m more apprehensive about it now...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
To be fair, non-chain BBQ joints often run out of certain items due to the length of time things take to smoke. I've been to nationally rated BBQ places in KC and St. Louis and have had them be out of certain items. They'll even have a note on the door that says once items are gone, they are gone. I've seen notes in BBQ places saying things like, "we close when we run out"

It happened to me at Boyd and Charlies on Leavenworth. They were out of several items on one visit. It was also a Sunday evening and the weekend of CWS.

With that being said, I had some really good experiences at Boyd and Charlies on Leavenworth. That Sunday of CWS, the food was...not good. It was very dry. But, every other time I've been there, I've really liked it.

So, your mileage may vary visit to visit at any BBQ joint.
User avatar
bigredmed1
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1689
Joined: Tue May 30, 2017 3:16 am

Re: Famous Dave Eagle Run closed ...

Post by bigredmed1 »

Good point. Probably why I would rather eat elsewhere in general.
MadMartin8
Planning Board
Posts: 2958
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:48 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Re: Famous Dave Eagle Run closed ...

Post by MadMartin8 »

omaha79 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:39 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:30 pm
omaha79 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:03 pm
bigredmed1 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:33 pm
Omaha Cowboy wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:27 pm I’ve always thought for what it was (and is) Famous Dave’s is pretty good. I don’t recall ever having a bad meal there.. It’s always been pretty solid. That said, it’s probably been close to 3 years since I’ve eaten at Famous Dave’s..so perhaps there is some validity that it’s “gone downhill”.. In my opinion, there’s just better BBQ options in Omaha now than, say, 10 or so years ago.. That’s mainly the reason I’ve not eaten at Dave’s recently...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
I have had worse food at Tired Texan, by FAR. Still the last time I was at FD on 120th, it was loud, and unpleasantly so. The food was not cooked well and overall, I can find better food elsewhere. I have never had actual ash on my meat at FD. Can't say the same for Tired Texan where I have had them tell me they are out of food, and at a second visit after their opening jitters were over, I was actually served a plate of ribs that were covered in about 3 mm of black as coal ash, the underlying meat was charred, and the rib bones that were exposed were burnt to a black color not seen anywhere outside of a crematorium. So, I have to meet you part way, FD is not as good as it was 5-10 years ago, but it is not as bad as Tired Texan. Of course, I have never been inclined to report FD to the health department, cant say the same for the other place.
Seemed like the reviews of Tired Texan on here weren't too bad. So, I tried it a few weeks ago. I was not impressed.
It’s disappointing to hear this about Tired Texan.. I’ve also heard from others that they, in the past, have ran out of food.. The place is still on my list to try.. But admittedly, I’m more apprehensive about it now...

Ciao..LiO...Peace
To be fair, non-chain BBQ joints often run out of certain items due to the length of time things take to smoke. I've been to nationally rated BBQ places in KC and St. Louis and have had them be out of certain items. They'll even have a note on the door that says once items are gone, they are gone. I've seen notes in BBQ places saying things like, "we close when we run out"

It happened to me at Boyd and Charlies on Leavenworth. They were out of several items on one visit. It was also a Sunday evening and the weekend of CWS.

With that being said, I had some really good experiences at Boyd and Charlies on Leavenworth. That Sunday of CWS, the food was...not good. It was very dry. But, every other time I've been there, I've really liked it.

So, your mileage may vary visit to visit at any BBQ joint.

Boyd and Charlie's is pretty much my favorite BBQ in the state. I've found the Elkhorn location to be more consistent, but I suppose that is to be expected. And good point on the availability of items, I've also had plenty of times down in KC and elsewhere where when they run out of things, they're out.
No posts exist for this topic
BPHusker
Home Owners Association
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:52 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Re: Famous Dave Eagle Run closed ...

Post by BPHusker »

bbinks wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:02 pm It will reopen soon with a different concept... Cutchall has several franchises that he operates.
What other franchises does he operate?
Padre
Human Relations
Posts: 930
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:53 am
Location: Omaha

Re: Famous Dave Eagle Run closed ...

Post by Padre »

BPHusker wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:39 pm
bbinks wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:02 pm It will reopen soon with a different concept... Cutchall has several franchises that he operates.
What other franchises does he operate?
Dominos, First Watch, Jams, Kith and Kin, Lo Lo's Chicken and Waffles, Paradise Bakery, Salty Señorita, Sonic and Tin Star. Not all of them are in Omaha.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1553
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Famous Dave Eagle Run closed ...

Post by bbinks »

Padre wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:06 pm
BPHusker wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:39 pm
bbinks wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:02 pm It will reopen soon with a different concept... Cutchall has several franchises that he operates.
What other franchises does he operate?
Dominos, First Watch, Jams, Kith and Kin, Lo Lo's Chicken and Waffles, Paradise Bakery, Salty Señorita, Sonic and Tin Star. Not all of them are in Omaha.
Used to have Popeye's, Austin's Steakouese too.
bbinks
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1553
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:10 pm

Re: Famous Dave Eagle Run closed ...

Post by bbinks »

I've a friend who said he first heard about the closure 3-4 months ago. Knows someone that worked there at the time. Oklahoma Joe's was originally looking at that spot.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036609
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Famous Dave (13015 Birch Dr ) - Closed

Post by Brad »

Hard to believe it’s been almost 8 years and this building is still sitting there boarded up… would’ve thought at least someone would’ve tried to convert this into something different or tear it down and build new.
nebport5
Planning Board
Posts: 2817
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:13 pm
Location: 68102

Re: Famous Dave (13015 Birch Dr ) - Closed

Post by nebport5 »

Brad wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2026 10:25 pm Hard to believe it’s been almost 8 years and this building is still sitting there boarded up… would’ve thought at least someone would’ve tried to convert this into something different or tear it down and build new.
Speaking of restaurant chains that went to shat, wasn't this also an old Summer Kitchen location?

If I remember right this is a pretty good sized space which probably makes it cost prohibitive for many other potential adaptations. Being next to Walmart it would seem like a good location for something trendy like a Dave's Hot Chicken but those locations are generally small. Do people still get excited for Cheddar's? The building gives me those kind of vibes.
"It's just a rendering."
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036609
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Famous Dave (13015 Birch Dr ) - Closed

Post by Brad »

nebport5 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2026 11:11 pm
Brad wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2026 10:25 pm Hard to believe it’s been almost 8 years and this building is still sitting there boarded up… would’ve thought at least someone would’ve tried to convert this into something different or tear it down and build new.
Speaking of restaurant chains that went to shat, wasn't this also an old Summer Kitchen location?

If I remember right this is a pretty good sized space which probably makes it cost prohibitive for many other potential adaptations. Being next to Walmart it would seem like a good location for something trendy like a Dave's Hot Chicken but those locations are generally small. Do people still get excited for Cheddar's? The building gives me those kind of vibes.
No, summer Kitchen was down hill a few blocks, it’s a dr’s office now.
nebport5
Planning Board
Posts: 2817
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:13 pm
Location: 68102

Re: Famous Dave (13015 Birch Dr ) - Closed

Post by nebport5 »

Brad wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2026 11:59 pm
nebport5 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2026 11:11 pm
Brad wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2026 10:25 pm Hard to believe it’s been almost 8 years and this building is still sitting there boarded up… would’ve thought at least someone would’ve tried to convert this into something different or tear it down and build new.
Speaking of restaurant chains that went to shat, wasn't this also an old Summer Kitchen location?

If I remember right this is a pretty good sized space which probably makes it cost prohibitive for many other potential adaptations. Being next to Walmart it would seem like a good location for something trendy like a Dave's Hot Chicken but those locations are generally small. Do people still get excited for Cheddar's? The building gives me those kind of vibes.
No, summer Kitchen was down hill a few blocks, it’s a dr’s office now.
Ok, that sounds familiar now. So was this built for F.D.'s or was it something else first?
"It's just a rendering."
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036609
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Re: Famous Dave (13015 Birch Dr ) - Closed

Post by Brad »

nebport5 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2026 2:24 pm
Brad wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2026 11:59 pm
nebport5 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2026 11:11 pm
Brad wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2026 10:25 pm Hard to believe it’s been almost 8 years and this building is still sitting there boarded up… would’ve thought at least someone would’ve tried to convert this into something different or tear it down and build new.
Speaking of restaurant chains that went to shat, wasn't this also an old Summer Kitchen location?

If I remember right this is a pretty good sized space which probably makes it cost prohibitive for many other potential adaptations. Being next to Walmart it would seem like a good location for something trendy like a Dave's Hot Chicken but those locations are generally small. Do people still get excited for Cheddar's? The building gives me those kind of vibes.
No, summer Kitchen was down hill a few blocks, it’s a dr’s office now.
Ok, that sounds familiar now. So was this built for F.D.'s or was it something else first?
Built as a Chili's Grill & Bar and Chili's closed in 2009.