User avatar
mcarch
Library Board
Posts: 417
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:44 pm
Location: Elkhorn
User avatar
mcarch
Library Board
Anyone know what is happening with the SE corner of 192nd and Maple? It looks like it might be owned by subsidiary of a development company (I don't have the name on me right now). Right now there are several earth movers and the trees have been removed by the drainage area on the east side.
mcarch
User avatar
jessep28
Planning Board
Posts: 2819
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area
User avatar
jessep28
Planning Board
Subdivision.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
User avatar
mcarch
Library Board
Posts: 417
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:44 pm
Location: Elkhorn
User avatar
mcarch
Library Board
Yes, I know. I've also seen the approvals of zoning. The area will be called Antler (can't remember off the top of my head if it was Pointe/Ridge). It seems to be a mixed use development. Has there been any news that maybe I haven't seen?
mcarch
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
'It’s ripe for development': $150M project will bring apartments, commercial ventures to stretch of West Maple Road
Cindy Gonzalez: World-Herald staff writer wrote:The undeveloped frontier between west Omaha and the Elkhorn area is about to shrink.
A mile-long stretch along West Maple Road between 180th and 192nd Streets will soon sprout apartments and a commercial area.
MTO
City Council
Posts: 7783
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
Location: Dundee
MTO
City Council
That area is hot right now I can see why they're planning a new high school.
15-17, 26, 32
User avatar
U R my Helix
Human Relations
Posts: 533
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:54 pm
User avatar
U R my Helix
Human Relations
Added Antler View Apartments to the Multifamily / Apartment map https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... sp=sharing

Lots of new stuff!
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 10812
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Chicago
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Look out Valley were coming to get ya!
MTO
City Council
Posts: 7783
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
Location: Dundee
MTO
City Council
iamjacobm wrote:Look out Valley were coming to get ya!
Have we already annexed Waterloo?
15-17, 26, 32
User avatar
BRoss
IT Director
Posts: 10003376
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: West Central Omaha
User avatar
BRoss
IT Director
MTO wrote:
iamjacobm wrote:Look out Valley were coming to get ya!
Have we already annexed Waterloo?
Not yet.
User avatar
mcarch
Library Board
Posts: 417
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:44 pm
Location: Elkhorn
User avatar
mcarch
Library Board
I live across 192nd from this development. I am sad to see they're wasting most of the first phase and most of the future second phase to Apartments. The Second Phase - East End towards 180th would have great views to the east for homes. Also, Maple Street is already flooded with tons of vacant commercial land. I honestly do not see how we need more vacant land. There is also some at 20th & Maple that has sat vacant for years, except for Walgreens.
mcarch
cdub
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1216
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 1:38 pm
Location: Tempe. AZ
cdub
Parks & Recreation
mcarch wrote:I live across 192nd from this development. I am sad to see they're wasting most of the first phase and most of the future second phase to Apartments. The Second Phase - East End towards 180th would have great views to the east for homes. Also, Maple Street is already flooded with tons of vacant commercial land. I honestly do not see how we need more vacant land. There is also some at 20th & Maple that has sat vacant for years, except for Walgreens.
Because there aren't enough SF homes going up out west?
MTO
City Council
Posts: 7783
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:49 am
Location: Dundee
MTO
City Council
Things are subtly trending to multi family dwellings which can be full sized buildings to town homes. The key is density is trending which is a wonderful thing for cities.
15-17, 26, 32
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Image
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
image.jpeg
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036556
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Can you send me a link to where you are getting those? I want to see the original. The quality is so poor on your screen grab, I can't even read it.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036556
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
So I cam across this on loop net, Assuming Coyote's image is newer (neither have dates), it appears they replaced the big box retail with what would appear to be storage units.

http://www.loopnet.com/Attachments/0/9/ ... 0C1353.pdf
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
City Council's Agenda handout.
User avatar
RockHarbor
Planning Board
Posts: 2083
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Silver State
User avatar
RockHarbor
Planning Board
I'm chuckling about the name "Antler View." Gee...what inspired that? Could it be the nearby town w/ a bulbous water tower on the near horizon, one named "Elkhorn?"
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
User avatar
mcarch
Library Board
Posts: 417
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:44 pm
Location: Elkhorn
User avatar
mcarch
Library Board
MTO wrote:Things are subtly trending to multi family dwellings which can be full sized buildings to town homes. The key is density is trending which is a wonderful thing for cities.
Oh, I agree, don't get me wrong! I just think on that stretch of Maple, we don't need more commercial, move the apartments to that corner and make the rest of the land, where the apartments are located now, into single family.

The thing that got me started on this: My partner and I were looking for a lot to build our home, and as we looked we wanted a West Facing Lot, with either a City or Lake view, and not one that would support a million dollar house, mind you. Those lots are not to be had, as I was specifically wanted a City View. As we drove around Omaha, we kept noticing that pieces of land that HAD city views were either taken by, 1. Commercial Development, 2. Apartments, and 3. civic purposes (schools), while Single Family Residential has been build in the "lower" elevations. Tell me why? Commercial doesn't care about city views, nor does our schools. I understand apartments, and giving them a view.
mcarch
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
I believe this is a newer rendition:
image.jpeg
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
User avatar
RockHarbor
Planning Board
Posts: 2083
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Silver State
User avatar
RockHarbor
Planning Board
Wow, that 192nd/Maple area really is building up. Love that area from Elkhorn on over to Bennington. The land is pretty out there.
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11629
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
I don't think the renderings are too appealing:

Image
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
Posts: 6013
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
skinzfan23 wrote: ↑Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:26 am I don't think the renderings are too appealing:

Image
That is the understatement of the day.
User avatar
RockHarbor
Planning Board
Posts: 2083
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Silver State
User avatar
RockHarbor
Planning Board
Right. It looks a bit odd, like something somebody put together in some PC "Design Workshop" program for a home computer, or something... (Like one that would have a box packaging that would say: "Be your own architect! Design your own strip malls and store fronts at home!")
I can get pushed out because I'm "too much" for some. Then, an observer of me comes suddenly swooping in to "fill my shoes." People are always more accepting of the new one, because their feathers aren't truly ruffled by them. (Yawn) I can count on it every time.
Bob from Omaha
Planning Board
Posts: 3079
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan
Bob from Omaha
Planning Board
I was going to say that it looks like something my son created for Minecraft but that's too big a slam on my son & Minecraft.

It just looks boring and cheap. The story said something about $150M in development. I guess that includes hookers and booze at the grand opening?
User avatar
BRoss
IT Director
Posts: 10003376
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: West Central Omaha
User avatar
BRoss
IT Director
Bob from Omaha wrote: ↑Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:54 pm I was going to say that it looks like something my son created for Minecraft but that's too big a slam on my son & Minecraft.
It does look somewhat like Minecraft. At least a very basic building you could build in minutes.
FirebirdEngineer
Home Owners Association
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:26 pm
FirebirdEngineer
Home Owners Association
HR Paperstacks wrote: ↑Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:34 pm
Bob from Omaha wrote: ↑Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:54 pm I was going to say that it looks like something my son created for Minecraft but that's too big a slam on my son & Minecraft.
It does look somewhat like Minecraft. At least a very basic building you could build in minutes.
I know the look of a render from Autodesk Revit when I see one. Most architectural/engineering firms are using Revit for design and construction document work these days.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036556
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Coyote, Here is your thread for that Scooters on 189 and Evans.
BIGO88
Library Board
Posts: 467
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:16 pm
BIGO88
Library Board
Proof Whiskey Bar that is in Midtown Crossing is opening up a second location here.
kw35
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:03 am
kw35
New to the Neighborhood
Hi - Resurrecting this thread. Is anyone aware of what is being developed on the West side of 192nd and Maple? 45 acres were sold back in 2015 to ONE PROFESSIONAL SQUARE LLC, which may be connected to Vann Realty. I can't seem to find any plans on what may be going in.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036556
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Driving by today noticed a Wheatfield sign on the north end of the 18902 EVANS ST building. Don't remember hearing about that but Grow Omaha reported it opened back on June 4th.
JDirte
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:56 am
JDirte
New to the Neighborhood
Wheatfields has been open for at least a year or so.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036556
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
JDirte wrote: ↑Mon Jul 06, 2026 9:23 am Wheatfields has been open for at least a year or so.
Oops, that post does say 2025. I don't take west maple very often...