Planning Board
Posts: 2467
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am
Did we just have a mini-earthquake? Anybody else feel it?
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village
I felt something, I thought it might have been one...Omababe wrote:Did we just have a mini-earthquake? Anybody else feel it?
Planning Board
Posts: 2467
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am
Channel 7 just said it was centered in Kansas.
City Council
Posts: 110956
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village
I think KFAB just said Oklahoma...
City Council
Posts: 110956
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE
Coyote wrote:I think KFAB just said Oklahoma...
Everything I have seen say Oaklahoma as the center
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
Human Relations
Posts: 696
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:46 am
Location: North Omaha
I though I was having vertigo
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area
Down by OKC, but felt strongly in KCMO and less so here in OMA. Felt west into at least Sherman County. I thought it travelled up the Humboldt fault that begins down in OKC and ends south of Omaha.
The Don
Posts: 1013719
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
Location: West Omaha
From the W-H:
"One of the largest earthquakes in Oklahoma was felt Saturday morning from Nebraska to North Texas.
The 5.6 magnitude earthquake happened at 7:02 a.m. Saturday in north-central Oklahoma, The United States Geological Survey said. That ties for Oklahoma's strongest earthquake on record, the first coming in November 2011. No major damage was immediately reported.
An increase in magnitude 3.0 or greater earthquakes in Oklahoma has been linked to underground disposal of wastewater from oil and natural gas production. State regulators have asked producers to reduce wastewater disposal volumes in earthquake-prone regions of the state. Some parts of Oklahoma now match northern California for the nation's most shake prone, and one Oklahoma region has a 1 in 8 chance of a damaging quake in 2016, with other parts closer to 1 in 20."...
The story link:
http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/earthqu ... e42c6.html
Ciao..LiO...Peace
"One of the largest earthquakes in Oklahoma was felt Saturday morning from Nebraska to North Texas.
The 5.6 magnitude earthquake happened at 7:02 a.m. Saturday in north-central Oklahoma, The United States Geological Survey said. That ties for Oklahoma's strongest earthquake on record, the first coming in November 2011. No major damage was immediately reported.
An increase in magnitude 3.0 or greater earthquakes in Oklahoma has been linked to underground disposal of wastewater from oil and natural gas production. State regulators have asked producers to reduce wastewater disposal volumes in earthquake-prone regions of the state. Some parts of Oklahoma now match northern California for the nation's most shake prone, and one Oklahoma region has a 1 in 8 chance of a damaging quake in 2016, with other parts closer to 1 in 20."...
The story link:
http://www.omaha.com/news/metro/earthqu ... e42c6.html
Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
Location: Aksarben Village
I thought it was the Triple IPA I had last night.choke wrote:I though I was having vertigo
Planning Board
Posts: 2819
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area
Slept right through it.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
IT Director
Posts: 10003378
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:39 pm
Location: West Central Omaha
I woke up to my bed shaking and was wondering what was going on. I don't remember ever experiencing an earthquake in Omaha.
Planning Board
Posts: 2648
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:07 pm
Location: Omaha
How could they get that wrong? Most weather apps even have a layer showing earthquake locations.Omababe wrote:Channel 7 just said it was centered in Kansas.
Anyway, damn...I slept right through it.
He said "They are some big, ugly red brick buildings"
...and then they were gone.
...and then they were gone.
County Board
Posts: 6013
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
I was awake and at home, doing laundry and making coffee. I somehow missed it. But my husband said it woke him up. Go figure.
Planning Board
Posts: 2467
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am
It's Omaha local news!GetUrban wrote:How could they get that wrong? Most weather apps even have a layer showing earthquake locations.Omababe wrote:Channel 7 just said it was centered in Kansas.
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1552
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:10 pm
I felt nothing. But then I was jogging with the dog at 7am.
City Council
Posts: 8991
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
I was in my Equinox at Huber waiting for them to open. Felt like someone was standing on my back bumper and shaking it. Was surprised how much the vehicle was moving. Was next to a guy waiting in a large Chevy pickup. Could see his shaking as well.
Greg
Greg
Human Relations
Posts: 832
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:10 pm
Location: Omaha
Friend of mine who lives in Topeka Kansas says that he was sleeping and all of a sudden the cat got spooked and jumped off the bed waking him up and right then his bed started vibrating for about 3 seconds. He said it kind of felt like when a train goes by.
City Council
Posts: 8991
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
I was surprised how strong it was, of course I was in a vehicle and not a house. For me to it was a lot longer than 3 seconds.
Greg
Greg
City Council
Posts: 10813
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Chicago
Did we just get an earthquake in Omaha? Definitely felt shaking.
City Council
Posts: 7328
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha
Anybody else feel that little earthquake about 15 minutes ago?
I was just sitting on my couch and it made my body jiggle. Been a while since I felt one. Wonder what the deal was.
I was just sitting on my couch and it made my body jiggle. Been a while since I felt one. Wonder what the deal was.
City Council
Posts: 10813
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Chicago
City Council
Posts: 110956
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE
City Council
Posts: 7328
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha
City Council
Posts: 106375
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
That explains the extra creaking when I was working on the deck earlier. I guess my deck is earthquake-proof! lol
County Board
Posts: 4936
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
Location: Dundee
Yes! The dogs were very displeased.Busguy2010 wrote: ↑Sun Mar 01, 2026 1:18 pm Anybody else feel that little earthquake about 15 minutes ago?
I was just sitting on my couch and it made my body jiggle. Been a while since I felt one. Wonder what the deal was.

Photographer
Posts: 1036562
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
Had a third one down there now. 4.1, 2.6, and 2.6
Small Side Note, when I was a kid, my Grandparents farm was really close to here.
.
Small Side Note, when I was a kid, my Grandparents farm was really close to here.
.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto