Has anyone else heard that the Burger Detour on 204th off pacific will become a Raising Canes?
City Council
Posts: 9004
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:46 pm
It would not surprise me. I drove by Sunday and the signs were down. I don't think the same has happened on the Maple location.charlie wrote: ↑Thu Oct 09, 2025 2:25 am Has anyone else heard that the Burger Detour on 204th off pacific will become a Raising Canes?
City Council
Posts: 110985
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE
All of the name signs came off the building a couple of weeks ago. Even the yellow "arrow" type stuff. Frames are still there. Was it the one on Maple on Monday, and were they all still in place?Greg S wrote: ↑Thu Oct 09, 2025 2:12 pmIt would not surprise me. I drove by Sunday and the signs were down. I don't think the same has happened on the Maple location.charlie wrote: ↑Thu Oct 09, 2025 2:25 am Has anyone else heard that the Burger Detour on 204th off pacific will become a Raising Canes?
Has Raising Cane's done remodels for locations? All that I can think of has been in new construction locations.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
City Council
Posts: 9004
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:46 pm
Yeah not sure if it's a remodel or tear down if Cane's comes.nebugeater wrote: ↑Thu Oct 09, 2025 3:00 pmAll of the name signs came off the building a couple of weeks ago. Even the yellow "arrow" type stuff. Frames are still there. Was it the one on Maple on Monday, and were they all still in place?Greg S wrote: ↑Thu Oct 09, 2025 2:12 pmIt would not surprise me. I drove by Sunday and the signs were down. I don't think the same has happened on the Maple location.charlie wrote: ↑Thu Oct 09, 2025 2:25 am Has anyone else heard that the Burger Detour on 204th off pacific will become a Raising Canes?
Has Raising Cane's done remodels for locations? All that I can think of has been in new construction locations.
Planning Board
Posts: 2147
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:44 am
Location: Omaha
Anyone heard if Cane's is supposed to still go in at 192nd & 370? I know that's off topic from Burger Detour, but they're goners anyway.Greg S wrote: ↑Thu Oct 09, 2025 5:21 pmYeah not sure if it's a remodel or tear down if Cane's comes.nebugeater wrote: ↑Thu Oct 09, 2025 3:00 pmAll of the name signs came off the building a couple of weeks ago. Even the yellow "arrow" type stuff. Frames are still there. Was it the one on Maple on Monday, and were they all still in place?Greg S wrote: ↑Thu Oct 09, 2025 2:12 pmIt would not surprise me. I drove by Sunday and the signs were down. I don't think the same has happened on the Maple location.charlie wrote: ↑Thu Oct 09, 2025 2:25 am Has anyone else heard that the Burger Detour on 204th off pacific will become a Raising Canes?
Has Raising Cane's done remodels for locations? All that I can think of has been in new construction locations.
City Council
Posts: 110985
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE
IT is still showing on the Platt for Gretna Landing. Along with Olive Garden and Texas Roadhouse If you want to discuss further, use the Gretna Landing topicdjc311 wrote: ↑Fri Oct 10, 2025 2:07 pmAnyone heard if Cane's is supposed to still go in at 192nd & 370? I know that's off topic from Burger Detour, but they're goners anyway.Greg S wrote: ↑Thu Oct 09, 2025 5:21 pmYeah not sure if it's a remodel or tear down if Cane's comes.nebugeater wrote: ↑Thu Oct 09, 2025 3:00 pmAll of the name signs came off the building a couple of weeks ago. Even the yellow "arrow" type stuff. Frames are still there. Was it the one on Maple on Monday, and were they all still in place?Greg S wrote: ↑Thu Oct 09, 2025 2:12 pmIt would not surprise me. I drove by Sunday and the signs were down. I don't think the same has happened on the Maple location.charlie wrote: ↑Thu Oct 09, 2025 2:25 am Has anyone else heard that the Burger Detour on 204th off pacific will become a Raising Canes?
Has Raising Cane's done remodels for locations? All that I can think of has been in new construction locations.
https://www.eomahaforums.com/viewtopic. ... ng#p417868
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
City Council
Posts: 9004
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:46 pm
Went by Burger Detour on Maple today and all the signage is still up as opposed to the one on 204th, where it’s recently been taken down.
That leads me to 2 different schools of thought. Either the one on 204th is being prepped for a demolition and a new build/or a remodel. OR they just took the signage/signs down on 204th and we should see something soon to follow on Maple.
Greg
That leads me to 2 different schools of thought. Either the one on 204th is being prepped for a demolition and a new build/or a remodel. OR they just took the signage/signs down on 204th and we should see something soon to follow on Maple.
Greg
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1235
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:16 am
Location: Omaha
The 204th location still looks like a burger detour the way the signage was integrated into the facadeGreg S wrote: ↑Mon Oct 13, 2025 6:13 am Went by Burger Detour on Maple today and all the signage is still up as opposed to the one on 204th, where it’s recently been taken down.
That leads me to 2 different schools of thought. Either the one on 204th is being prepped for a demolition and a new build/or a remodel. OR they just took the signage/signs down on 204th and we should see something soon to follow on Maple.
Greg
City Council
Posts: 110985
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE
The owner probably didn't pay the workers, so they stopped working!Greg S wrote: ↑Mon Oct 13, 2025 6:13 am Went by Burger Detour on Maple today and all the signage is still up as opposed to the one on 204th, where it’s recently been taken down.
That leads me to 2 different schools of thought. Either the one on 204th is being prepped for a demolition and a new build/or a remodel. OR they just took the signage/signs down on 204th and we should see something soon to follow on Maple.
Greg
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
I would think that Canes would want the building/architecture to match...so maybe it's a full tear down. Although, there is enough land around Elkhorn that one would think it's better to build on a vacant lot instead of fronting the cost of a tear down. reading the comments above...things do point to a potential tear down
Photographer
Posts: 1036609
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE
A full gut to the frame and rebuild is way faster and usually cheaper than a new build.Sam23422 wrote: ↑Mon Oct 13, 2025 10:07 pm I would think that Canes would want the building/architecture to match...so maybe it's a full tear down. Although, there is enough land around Elkhorn that one would think it's better to build on a vacant lot instead of fronting the cost of a tear down. reading the comments above...things do point to a potential tear down

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
Photographer
Posts: 1036609
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE
FYI, there are currently no building permits for either location.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1553
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:10 pm
Wouldn't the lawsuits going on against Chad hold up any land and building sales?
City Council
Posts: 110985
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE
Since the location near 204th nd Pacific just opened as J. Gorat’s Deli+Market it must not have.
https://www.eomahaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=25885
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
Planning Board
Posts: 2147
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:44 am
Location: Omaha
I noticed driving into work last week that there was movement on the SW corner of 120th & L. This is where the third Burger Detour was going to be built. This was a weird spot because it made it to plumbing rough-in before they shut them all down.
In any case, there's a banner on the corner now announcing a Scooters. However, they won't need the entire corner so I wonder if something else is already in the works.
I actually miss Famous Dave's being there. I was shocked when they leveled that building to the ground. Funny how people blow money sometimes and then never do anything after the fact.
In any case, there's a banner on the corner now announcing a Scooters. However, they won't need the entire corner so I wonder if something else is already in the works.
I actually miss Famous Dave's being there. I was shocked when they leveled that building to the ground. Funny how people blow money sometimes and then never do anything after the fact.
City Council
Posts: 110985
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE
That is 100% the definition of the Burger Detour Ownship. The only issue is that a lot of it was other people's moneydjc311 wrote: ↑Tue Jan 27, 2026 1:58 pm I noticed driving into work last week that there was movement on the SW corner of 120th & L. This is where the third Burger Detour was going to be built. This was a weird spot because it made it to plumbing rough-in before they shut them all down.
In any case, there's a banner on the corner now announcing a Scooters. However, they won't need the entire corner so I wonder if something else is already in the works.
I actually miss Famous Dave's being there. I was shocked when they leveled that building to the ground. Funny how people blow money sometimes and then never do anything after the fact.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1553
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:10 pm
Chad shouldn't be making anything off land and property sales with pending litigation.