OmahaFan
Library Board
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:07 pm
Location: Omaha
OmahaFan
Library Board
With the current winner for the Mayors office in Council Bluffs it looks like the talk about the Omaha street car expanding into Council Bluffs is now permanently dead due to pass statement this lady has made. What’s your view on a potential Streetcar expanding into CB? Would it be 5 to 10 years away? Should Mayor Ewing meet with the new Mayor and explain the benefits of such a system for both Omaha and CB?
EastCB2
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2025 11:52 am
EastCB2
New to the Neighborhood
I feel like she is the worst person to be mayor. She has no clue about anything. The First Avenue trail is already built, just waiting for it to arrive.
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
Posts: 11629
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue
User avatar
skinzfan23
City Council
I don't know much about her, but based on her talk about the streetcar, she has not done any research. Sounds like she has been reading the Facebook comments. All negative, saying its a huge failure, when in reality, mainline construction hasn't even started. I don't think the average citizen realizes, the work that has been done so far has been utility relocation (all of which is needed eventually anyhow)

Having experience with the CB schools, I can say that her role on the school board wasn't great. The leadership on the board should all be replaced.

We will see what results she delivers, but I don't have big expectations.