On a side note, I just learned that Papa Johns does NOT have an apostrophe in it. It used to, but was removed in 2021.CNN wrote:The company revealed during Thursday’s earnings call that approximately 300 underperforming restaurants in North America will close by the end of 2027, with about 200 of them shuttering this year.
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm
Article on CNN about Papa Johns closing hundreds of locations:
Photographer
Posts: 1036558
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
Location: Omaha, NE
LOL, my first thought when I read your post was "Those are still around?". Google says there are still 10 in the metro. I'm a little surprised there are that many, but I don't go to any of the chain pizza places so I don't really pay attention to their locations.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
City Council
Posts: 11629
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
Location: Omaha/Bellevue
I love their breadsticks. The one in Bellevue does pretty well.
Planning Board
Posts: 2139
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha
I'm a fan of their garlic butter dipping sauce. I've had Marco's sauce and some others and I personally feel Papa Johns has the best taste. Their pizza is OK... do like the stuffed crust as well.skinzfan23 wrote: ↑Thu Feb 26, 2026 2:31 pm I love their breadsticks. The one in Bellevue does pretty well.
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm
We're outside their delivery area these days, but we used to get it pretty regularly when we lived in Tulsa years ago. We always enjoyed it. For national chain delivery pizza it was pretty decent. The last time I got it here (probably last year), I thought the sauce was way too sweet. Maybe it always was and my tastes have changed.
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1552
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:10 pm
On an unrelated note, the newer Papa Johns location on 168th & State has a new Cold Stone and Wetzels Pretzels opening in the same plaza.