City Council
Posts: 8989
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:46 am
Anybody rent a dumpster locally? Looking for something cheap and reliable. Just need to clear out some old mattresses and such.
Library Board
Posts: 461
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:55 am
We get a dumpster every couple years to Marie Kondo our |expletive|. It usually runs about 150-200 and they leave it for several days. I'd have to find the contact info, but I'd wager it's a competitive price.
ILast year I used my 4 trips to River City and would probably do this again.
https://www.wasteline.org/special-waste ... -disposal/
Since I don't have a truck, I'd go get one from Home Depot and get larger haul each go.
ILast year I used my 4 trips to River City and would probably do this again.
https://www.wasteline.org/special-waste ... -disposal/
Since I don't have a truck, I'd go get one from Home Depot and get larger haul each go.
City Council
Posts: 106375
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
There's also the spring cleaning every saturday going on right now. Wasteline has a list of what you can/can't drop off, but they pretty much take anything that's not concrete, dirt, or hazardous. I've dropped off grills, mattresses, and a couple of my less successful children. it's free.
Planning Board
Posts: 2138
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:44 pm
Location: Omaha
I’d be interested in knowing who you used also.Stan wrote: ↑Thu Apr 30, 2026 9:42 am We get a dumpster every couple years to Marie Kondo our |expletive|. It usually runs about 150-200 and they leave it for several days. I'd have to find the contact info, but I'd wager it's a competitive price.
ILast year I used my 4 trips to River City and would probably do this again.
https://www.wasteline.org/special-waste ... -disposal/
Since I don't have a truck, I'd go get one from Home Depot and get larger haul each go.
Planning Board
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm
It may be cheaper to rent/borrow a truck and just drive it to the landfill's public dump site. You can probably rent a truck for around $50 for the day and the dump fee is probably about the same.