jjjjhskr
Human Relations
Posts: 652
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:31 am
Location: O!
jjjjhskr
Human Relations
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Posts: 110947
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
Location: Gretna NE
User avatar
nebugeater
City Council
Apparently they didn't factor in people getting all tied up in the Crossroads redevelopment, the streetcar, or the new police headquarters building location
For the record  NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER    !!!!!!!
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7327
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
I they didnt factor in street conditions. The pot holes and constant construction are enough to cause me stress on a daily basis.
Louie
County Board
Posts: 4936
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:23 pm
Location: Dundee
wow, omaha #1, lincoln #2.
locoluke
Home Owners Association
Posts: 191
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2025 11:16 pm
locoluke
Home Owners Association
nebugeater wrote: ↑Thu Aug 06, 2026 1:40 pm Apparently they didn't factor in people getting all tied up in the Crossroads redevelopment, the streetcar, or the new police headquarters building location
Busguy2010 wrote: ↑Thu Aug 06, 2026 2:43 pm they didnt factor in street conditions. The pot holes and constant construction are enough to cause me stress on a daily basis.
Although I’m always skeptical of rankings listicles like this one, the fact that these are the first two things that come to mind do speak to the lack of stressors in Omaha.
Jobbers Canyon Truther
:hammer:
User avatar
Renovator2559
Human Relations
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue May 23, 2023 2:48 pm
Location: Midtown Omaha
User avatar
Renovator2559
Human Relations
nebugeater wrote: ↑Thu Aug 06, 2026 1:40 pm
Apparently they didn't factor in people getting all tied up in the Crossroads redevelopment, the streetcar, or the new police headquarters building location
That just means there is nothing really else to "stress on", that is why I like it here. I wouldn't trade any of the other cities stresses.
Home sweet, home...Omaha!
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
Posts: 7327
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: North Central Omaha
User avatar
Busguy2010
City Council
locoluke wrote: ↑Thu Aug 06, 2026 4:15 pm
nebugeater wrote: ↑Thu Aug 06, 2026 1:40 pm Apparently they didn't factor in people getting all tied up in the Crossroads redevelopment, the streetcar, or the new police headquarters building location
Busguy2010 wrote: ↑Thu Aug 06, 2026 2:43 pm they didnt factor in street conditions. The pot holes and constant construction are enough to cause me stress on a daily basis.
Although I’m always skeptical of rankings listicles like this one, the fact that these are the first two things that come to mind do speak to the lack of stressors in Omaha.
True, true. But when the streets cost you a pricey repair it can cause some stress. Can't tell you how many giant potholes I've hit that have literally hurt, both physically and psychologically. You hit a giant pot hole or drive the streets of Central Omaha daily, it's hard not to have a vehicle health bar. I'm hanging on by a string lol.
Athomsfere
Planning Board
Posts: 2300
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:03 pm
Athomsfere
Planning Board
nebugeater wrote: ↑Thu Aug 06, 2026 1:40 pm
Apparently they didn't factor in people getting all tied up in the Crossroads redevelopment, the streetcar, or the new police headquarters building location
When I have been downtown lately, I actually can't think the downtown streets are the best they have ever been. The construction has made downtown and Blackstone so much better.