City Council
Posts: 6854
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:46 pm
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
City Council
Posts: 106383
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado
Those are great! Love the shot with the motion blur of the pedestrians while the crossed legs are sharp.
If I didn't know better, I thought I saw you on Wednesday around Heartland of America park.
If I didn't know better, I thought I saw you on Wednesday around Heartland of America park.
City Council
Posts: 6854
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:46 pm
Hey, thanks Tuna. I'm affraid I wasn't downtown on Wednesday.
But the shot you described is my favorite, too. Thanks again.
But the shot you described is my favorite, too. Thanks again.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Human Relations
Posts: 645
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:35 am
Location: Omaha
Great photos, Aaron! So who is this Kate girl and why haven't I heard of her before? 
County Board
Posts: 4176
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:29 pm
Location: West Omaha
Wow... I think some of those are your best Old Market photos yet... really capturing the atmosphere.
City Council
Posts: 6854
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:46 pm
Wow, thanks a lot, Jeff.
And Eric, we're not dating or anything. She's got a boyfriend who lives in Lincoln. We're all just good friends.
And Eric, we're not dating or anything. She's got a boyfriend who lives in Lincoln. We're all just good friends.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Human Relations
Posts: 645
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:35 am
Location: Omaha
Sorry Aaron, just giving you a hard time...
City Council
Posts: 6854
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:46 pm
I know 
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village
Another great collection Aaron,
I like the use of the blur.
For many people that IS what the Old Market looks like after midnight!
I like the use of the blur.
For many people that IS what the Old Market looks like after midnight!
City Council
Posts: 6854
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:46 pm
Haha, you're right. Thanks, Coyote.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963