

I think that design is kind of ugly. Showing the undersides of the seats as the main focal point is a mistake. The glass only design is kind of plain. I'll the the Qwest Center anyday.


Exactly. I think more attention will be on the outside. SKimping on the inside leaves money for the water out front and elaborate outside.StreetsOfOmaha wrote: However, it ain't gonna happen in KC, and definitely not for $250 million.




If my neighbor can put a dancing santa on his garage door... I'm sure putting a video on the side of a $250 million building can't be that hard.Hopefully the ability to project video onto the side of the building is retained as was shown in the renderings
I'm not following what's your throwing down there. I can't tell from the renderings how the Tulsa arena will interact with the surrounding neighborhood. For all I know, they could have fountains, plazas and ice skating rinks that will surround their arena too. I don't know what the surrounding district looks like, but I'm sure it will benefit from such a venue opening up. Maybe it will even include restaurants and museums like new Memphis arena. There's still a lot of unknowns on this project unless you're much more familiar with it than I am.I do like Tulsa's design, the only thing I don't like is it's still the same old blank wall against the surrounding areas...no interaction between interior and exterior...that's my favorite part about the wok/spaceship that is proposed here.
I see what you're saying now. It's certainly a nice and unique feature to have the Sprint Center entirely encased in glass, but I certainly don't think that's a prerequisite to have a great facility (not implying that you were saying this either). There's plenty of brick/stone/metal facilities out there that interact quite well with the surrounding neighborhoods. Grand Rapids' relatively new arena immediately comes to mind.what I mean by interaction is between the inside and outside of the arena....99% of arenas/convention centers/etc. turn their back to the exterior....the use of more glass breaks down that wall between the two....people inside can see what's going on outside and vice versa....that's my favorite part. Which is the opposite from say Bartle Hall or Municipal auditorium in our downtown area....with so much going on next door, having more glass elements to help blend the interior and exterior together with Sprint Center is a big deal.





