User avatar
Zephyr
Human Relations
Posts: 645
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:35 am
Location: Omaha
User avatar
Zephyr
Human Relations
I took these while in town over the weekend, on November 21.

http://www.skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho ... adid=61023
eomaha
County Board
Posts: 4176
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:29 pm
Location: West Omaha
eomaha
County Board
Nice!
User avatar
Zephyr
Human Relations
Posts: 645
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:35 am
Location: Omaha
User avatar
Zephyr
Human Relations
Thanks, Jeff.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036616
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Those are some good pics. How do you get near the tracks without getting in trouble. When we went to the Burligton station for school we had to have permission from Amtrack, BNSF, UP and the Real Estate company Lund for the Starion. I have been told many times to get away from the tracks, even in small towns.
DTO Luv
City Council
Posts: 9644
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:22 pm
DTO Luv
City Council
I've been on the those tracks before and never even saw people to tell me I couldn't be there. My philosophy is unless there's a sign, it's open game. I went up into the Woodmen Tower before FNC was complete to get some pictures and I just asked the guy whos office had a good view and he was cool with it.
DTO
OmahaDevelopmentMan
Human Relations
Posts: 593
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:12 am
Location: Omaha, someplace in middle America
OmahaDevelopmentMan
Human Relations
Wait DTO, are you saying that you just walked into some guys office to take pictures? Was this pre 9-11?
DTO Luv
City Council
Posts: 9644
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:22 pm
DTO Luv
City Council
Yeah it was. I would like to do it again but with my brown complection, beard and long hair I ment end up in Guantonamo. I used to go and eat at the restaurant in the Woodmen, Tower V (five), alot until Sept. 11th. I know in First National all the employees have cards to open and operate the elevators. I've had offers from friends who work at FNBO and Delloitte and Touche to come up but have never had the time to.
DTO
OmahaDevelopmentMan
Human Relations
Posts: 593
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:12 am
Location: Omaha, someplace in middle America
OmahaDevelopmentMan
Human Relations
Is that resteraunt still there?
DTO Luv
City Council
Posts: 9644
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:22 pm
DTO Luv
City Council
Yeah. It's on the fifth floor. It's part of the building where the tower starts. It's more of a cafeteria type place than like Spahgetti Works or something.
DTO
OmahaDevelopmentMan
Human Relations
Posts: 593
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:12 am
Location: Omaha, someplace in middle America
OmahaDevelopmentMan
Human Relations
Oh ic, whats goin on at the top these days. Is it offices or a resteraunt or what?
DTO Luv
City Council
Posts: 9644
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:22 pm
DTO Luv
City Council
Out of the 30 floors in the Woodmen the elevator only went to the 28th. It was all offices. On the roof they have that Falcon birthing project. I guess there was a restaurant in the top of the Woodmen at one time. My best friends parents said they ate there for their first anniversary. It must have been before my time because I don't remember it but I have heard other people talke about this restaurant. It sucks that the DoubleTree closed Maxine's. I never got to go in there.
DTO