Do you guys have late-night coffee shops? I am from Saint Louis and we had a place called the Grind, open until 3am, recently sold to become a club, and another, called Coffee Cartel, which is still open and my main spot.
I stay up late after work and study till early morning, so what are the spots to check out?
Late Night Study Areas? Perhaps 24 hours?
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
Late Night Study Areas? Perhaps 24 hours?
The Starbucks on 114th and Dodge used to be 24 hours. Don't know if it still is.
-
omaproud
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 184
- Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:28 am
- Location: NORTHWEST OMAHA
Late Night Study Areas? Perhaps 24 hours?
I've heard that the Donut Stop on South 13 St is a late-night study place.
-
iamjacobm
- City Council
- Posts: 10815
- Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
- Location: Chicago
Late Night Study Areas? Perhaps 24 hours?
Doughnut Stop wont get you internet and if you can study through the board games and drunk people it would be a great spot.
-
StreetsOfOmaha
- City Council
- Posts: 6854
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:46 pm
Late Night Study Areas? Perhaps 24 hours?
Blueline Coffee (at least the North Downtown location) was supposed to be open late, plus they serve wine and beer. During the week they might close earlier (like 11:00). I'm not totally sure, and their hours may change with the bar closing times.
I enjoy Mr. Toad's atmosphere for studying and reading (though the lighting is a little dim) during the week. It's in the Old Market at 10th and Howard Sts.
I enjoy Mr. Toad's atmosphere for studying and reading (though the lighting is a little dim) during the week. It's in the Old Market at 10th and Howard Sts.
"The right to have access to every building in the city by private motorcar in an age when everyone possesses such a vehicle is actually the right to destroy the city."
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
Lewis Mumford, The Highway and the City, 1963
-
iamjacobm
- City Council
- Posts: 10815
- Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
- Location: Chicago
Late Night Study Areas? Perhaps 24 hours?
I know caffeine dreams is open till at least 11 every nite.
-
riceweb
- Human Relations
- Posts: 620
- Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:54 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Late Night Study Areas? Perhaps 24 hours?
I'm consistently disappointed in the lack of 24-hour coffee joints in this town. Surely with three colleges close by, the Midtown area would be perfect for this sort of thing, yet by 10 o'clock, this city shuts down.
-
riceweb
- Human Relations
- Posts: 620
- Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:54 am
- Location: Omaha, NE
Late Night Study Areas? Perhaps 24 hours?
Finally found a coffee shop open late on Sundays. 13th St Coffee Company is open 'til 11. Not sure there's anything later.
-
skywalker23
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:36 am
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Late Night Study Areas? Perhaps 24 hours?
Donut Stop would be a big mistake. Loud teenagers (such as myself ;)) playing board games, chatting, and generally being obnoxious.omaproud wrote:I've heard that the Donut Stop on South 13 St is a late-night study place.
I would be surprised if the universities in Omaha didn't have libraries that stay open late. I know UNOs is open to the public; when I went to school at WHS sometimes me and my friends would study there because it was quiet and nice. I don't know if it's open late though. But I go to NU now and libraries are open until 3am weekdays, midnight on weekends. So Creighton and UNO are probably open late too...