What Tier is Omaha?

Visitors and Residents can ask Questions about Omaha here
dmoor82
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:53 pm
Location: Midwest

What Tier is Omaha?

Post by dmoor82 »

Tier 2 or tier 3,4? What do you think? is Omaha on The level as such cities as Nashville,Charlotte,Orlando?or on The level as such cities as Memphis,Raleigh,Tulsa,ABQ?or is on par with such cities as Des Moines,Wichita,Bakersfield,Toledo,Syracuse?I myself would put Omaha on Tier 3 border line Tier 2!Make a case for Omaha and why it should be in a certain Tier- list such things as Fortune Fivehundred companies,population,GDP,public services,transportation,universities etc...
DTO Luv
City Council
Posts: 9644
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:22 pm

What Tier is Omaha?

Post by DTO Luv »

1 because Omaha is way better than where ever you're from and going to try and make a case that it isn't. :)
DTO
User avatar
S33
County Board
Posts: 4430
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 5:15 pm

What Tier is Omaha?

Post by S33 »

Definitely with Memphis,Raleigh,Tulsa,ABQ,...
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
Posts: 6019
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta

What Tier is Omaha?

Post by nativeomahan »

It is impossible to answer this question because there are no established standards or definitions for urban "tiers" that I know of. We rank with urban areas of our size. Duh.
dmoor82
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:53 pm
Location: Midwest

What Tier is Omaha?

Post by dmoor82 »

DTO Luv wrote:1 because Omaha is way better than where ever you're from and going to try and make a case that it isn't. :)
<<Thanks for your input!
dmoor82
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:53 pm
Location: Midwest

What Tier is Omaha?

Post by dmoor82 »

nativeomahan wrote:It is impossible to answer this question because there are no established standards or definitions for urban "tiers" that I know of. We rank with urban areas of our size. Duh.
lol! Well thanx for your input anyway!
dmoor82
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:53 pm
Location: Midwest

What Tier is Omaha?

Post by dmoor82 »

Here is a Tiered list of American city's based on regional and national importance,it also adds in population and other things.This list is from 2006!alot can change in 4 years!http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranally_city_rating_system[/img]
User avatar
justnick
Human Relations
Posts: 892
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:47 pm
Location: Downtown

What Tier is Omaha?

Post by justnick »

We're on no tier until Lady Gaga finally comes here.
Her Boyfriend is from here and we can't even get her. Therefore, Omaha is a certain kind of heck.
almighty_tuna
City Council
Posts: 106387
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:34 pm
Location: Somewhere between downtown and Colorado

What Tier is Omaha?

Post by almighty_tuna »

justnick wrote:We're on no tier until Lady Gaga finally comes here.
You missed her then, because she opened up for New Kids on the Block last year.

F is for F-A-I-L!!!!
User avatar
justnick
Human Relations
Posts: 892
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:47 pm
Location: Downtown

What Tier is Omaha?

Post by justnick »

almighty_tuna wrote:
justnick wrote:We're on no tier until Lady Gaga finally comes here.
You missed her then, because she opened up for New Kids on the Block last year.

F is for F-A-I-L!!!!
I know.
omaproud
Home Owners Association
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:28 pm
Location: NORTHWEST OMAHA

What Tier is Omaha?

Post by omaproud »

Regarding Lady Gaga, a friend of mine whose sister works at the private jet area east of Eppley said Lady Gaga arrived in Omaha last Monday. I have no other details about why she was there, when she left, how she left, etc. She had a concert the next night in K.C. I would seem logical that she met her boyfriend here(or came here with him) and spent the night before continuing on to K.C. Anyone spot Gaga out and about Monday night?
dmoor82
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:53 pm
Location: Midwest

What Tier is Omaha?

Post by dmoor82 »

Lol!Thank You ALL for your input,it's good to know there is some good forumers here at eomaha that contribute to a thread and make a lot of sense<sarcasm!FYI I really want to know what you guys think and value your input,not every person has to be a troll!I admit I laughed alittle over The Gaga comments! :lol:
User avatar
Omababe
Planning Board
Posts: 2467
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:47 pm

What Tier is Omaha?

Post by Omababe »

dmoor82 wrote:I admit I laughed alittle over The Gaga comments! :lol:
Oh, you mean Lady Gag-Me? :) :) :) :)
Guest

What Tier is Omaha?

Post by Guest »

I still don't understand why "pop culture" considers lady gaga a fashion icon/sensation. From what I see, I may as well smear feces all over my face, use a 12-box as a hat, and a streak marked pair of 1989 WWF underwear. She uber disgusto.
_S33

What Tier is Omaha?

Post by _S33 »

^^^Me, as if I needed to point that out.
Guest

What Tier is Omaha?

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:I still don't understand why "pop culture" considers lady gaga a fashion icon/sensation. From what I see, I may as well smear feces all over my face, use a 12-pack beer box as a hat, and a streak marked pair of 1989 WWF underwear. She uber disgusto.
User avatar
justnick
Human Relations
Posts: 892
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:47 pm
Location: Downtown

What Tier is Omaha?

Post by justnick »

Anonymous wrote:I still don't understand why "pop culture" considers lady gaga a fashion icon/sensation. From what I see, I may as well smear feces all over my face, use a 12-box as a hat, and a streak marked pair of 1989 WWF underwear. She uber disgusto.
When we want to take your advice on Fashion, we'll surely let you know.
Moving on.
dmoor82
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:53 pm
Location: Midwest

What Tier is Omaha?

Post by dmoor82 »

So it's official Lady Gaga is Tier One,and Omaha is Tier Two!Thanks to all you great people for all your input,and Thanks for sticking to The subject Thread posted above,This is without a doubt The best group of forumers ever!
User avatar
justnick
Human Relations
Posts: 892
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:47 pm
Location: Downtown

What Tier is Omaha?

Post by justnick »

dmoor82 wrote:So it's official Lady Gaga is Tier One,and Omaha is Tier Two!Thanks to all you great people for all your input,and Thanks for sticking to The subject Thread posted above,This is without a doubt The best group of forumers ever!
I adore your sarcasm. And that's not sarcasm.
Please do stay.
dmoor82
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:53 pm
Location: Midwest

What Tier is Omaha?

Post by dmoor82 »

^^ Yeah I actually like This site,I've been a member for a Year and a half and I like to keep up with The development of Omaha!I will continue to visit this fine site!
User avatar
Linkin5
County Board
Posts: 4891
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:59 am

What Tier is Omaha?

Post by Linkin5 »

The wikipedia city tiers link is very accurate except for Oklahoma City, how are they in the same category as Denver, KC, Phoenix, etc? I like OKC a lot and love what they are doing with their downtown but that just doesn't make any sense.
dmoor82
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:53 pm
Location: Midwest

What Tier is Omaha?

Post by dmoor82 »

^^Yeah if anything OKC would be at The bottom of that tier,and there is alot of small cities lumped in with Omaha's tier that aren't even close to being as important, so I'd take this rating list with a grain of salt!here is a list of of all micropolitian and Metropolitian areas in The U.S. and there metro that city is most reliant upon,like for trade,business etc....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_Trading_AreaThis list was originally supposed to be for telecommunications only!
dmoor82
New to the Neighborhood
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:53 pm
Location: Midwest

What Tier is Omaha?

Post by dmoor82 »

Linkin5 wrote:The wikipedia city tiers link is very accurate except for Oklahoma City, how are they in the same category as Denver, KC, Phoenix, etc? I like OKC a lot and love what they are doing with their downtown but that just doesn't make any sense.
Yeah OKC would have The smallest MSA and GDP(1.3 million and 50+ bill) in That tier,and with 2 mill ppl in metro KC it would be The second smallest metro in this list!Denver and esp Phoenix have significantly larger metro populations than KC and especially OKC!but if you read the The top of The page it explains why OKC would be in that tier,but I just dont see it!
User avatar
Stargazer
County Board
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:06 pm
Location: Bennington

What Tier is Omaha?

Post by Stargazer »

Looking at that Basic Trading Area page... I would have guessed that Sioux City would be more attached to Omaha than Des Moines... we're almost half the distance away.
Shoot for the Moon... if you miss, you'll land among the stars.