Sinful Burgers (14612 W Center Rd)
-
TLGJames
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 95
- Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:38 am
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Sinful Burgers (14612 W Center Rd)
This place is going up over by Target in those little shopping plaza. I'm surprised it is moving so close to Smash Burger.
http://twitter.com/#!/Sinful_Burger
http://twitter.com/#!/Sinful_Burger
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6013
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Sinful Burgers (14612 W Center Rd)
I think it is going in where MaidRite was.
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110959
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Sinful Burgers (14612 W Center Rd)
nativeomahan wrote:I think it is going in where MaidRite was.
I believe there is a sports bar in that location. Of course this may be the name of the place.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
SinfulBurger
- New to the Neighborhood
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 12:04 am
- Location: Bellevue
Sinful Burgers (14612 W Center Rd)
Hello and thank you very much for thinking of Sinful Burger Sports Grill. Yes we are in the old Maid Rite / TCBY building but we have spent a lot of time an money making it just the way we wanted.
We have no desire to hurt or be hurt by Smash Burger. They offer a fine product. We offer a different product by first making everything from scratch with our own recipes. Our main focus is our mouth watering burgers which have been marinated with several ingredients and most have delicious, hot melted cheese sandwiched in the middle of our burger patties (Juicy Lucy style), our fries are cut fresh in house daily and we also have a full liquor license. This is all wrapped in a sports theme with HD televisions, darts, Buck Hunter, Golden Tee, Mega Touch, Touch Tunes and more.
We truly hope to be a good fit to the area, the city and our customers.
Hope to see you soon,
Jim N.
Owner: Sinful Burger Sports Grill
We have no desire to hurt or be hurt by Smash Burger. They offer a fine product. We offer a different product by first making everything from scratch with our own recipes. Our main focus is our mouth watering burgers which have been marinated with several ingredients and most have delicious, hot melted cheese sandwiched in the middle of our burger patties (Juicy Lucy style), our fries are cut fresh in house daily and we also have a full liquor license. This is all wrapped in a sports theme with HD televisions, darts, Buck Hunter, Golden Tee, Mega Touch, Touch Tunes and more.
We truly hope to be a good fit to the area, the city and our customers.
Hope to see you soon,
Jim N.
Owner: Sinful Burger Sports Grill
-
TLGJames
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 95
- Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:38 am
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Sinful Burgers (14612 W Center Rd)
Any idea on opening dates?
-
TLGJames
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 95
- Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:38 am
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Sinful Burgers - Bellevue (review)
I finally had the chance of eating here the other day.
I just want to say that it was quite enjoyable for the most part. The burgers are very very good, very big. Not quite as juicy as I would have wanted, but still pretty good at a reasonable price. They had a great burger selection.
I think I had Lust burger. It was damn good. It came with a lot of fries that I couldn't even finish.
They had a 10% discount code posted usually daily on their facebook feed or twitter feed. A lot of tvs in the place. Looks to be good during football season.
I don't believe they have their liquor license yet though.
I just want to say that it was quite enjoyable for the most part. The burgers are very very good, very big. Not quite as juicy as I would have wanted, but still pretty good at a reasonable price. They had a great burger selection.
I think I had Lust burger. It was damn good. It came with a lot of fries that I couldn't even finish.
They had a 10% discount code posted usually daily on their facebook feed or twitter feed. A lot of tvs in the place. Looks to be good during football season.
I don't believe they have their liquor license yet though.
-
ThatGuy
- Human Relations
- Posts: 607
- Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:10 am
Sinful Burgers (14612 W Center Rd)
You think you had lust burger? I think I just ate a steak. Or maybe it was chicken.
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
Sinful Burgers (14612 W Center Rd)
I ate here today and thought it was above average. I just had the regular sinful burger to get a sense of what they were all about, but they have all sorts of burgers to choose from. I could see how they tried to be a juicy lucy style, and it was a good burger, but not as juicy as I would have expected. Small for a sports bar, but they had Deschutes Mirror Pond Pale Ale on tap!






-
Brad
- Photographer
- Posts: 1036562
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:03 pm
- Location: Omaha, NE
Sinful Burgers (14612 W Center Rd)
I am sure you felt right at home with the old 8 on the wall.

Omaha Skyline Photos, Omaha Aerial Photos, and More.
Website: www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bradwphoto
Instagram: www.instagram.com/bradwilliamsphotography
YouTube: www.youtube.com/@bradwilliamsphoto
-
Coyote
- City Council
- Posts: 34366
- Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:18 am
- Location: Aksarben Village
Sinful Burgers (14612 W Center Rd)
Yeah the Bud 8 added class to the place +1
-
ChadJK
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2504
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm
Re: Sinful Burger (Bellevue)
They announced today they will be closing permanently at the end of the month:
https://omaha.com/entertainment/dining/ ... 60ba9.html
https://omaha.com/entertainment/dining/ ... 60ba9.html
Last edited by ChadJK on Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11629
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Re: Sinful Burgers - Bellevue
I haven't been to Sinful Burger, but living in Bellevue, I had wanted to try it.
The one thing that I don't necessarily like is the owner kept coming off needy on Facebook. He has threatened that the restaurant would close and begged for business. I understand that times are tough, but to ask whine about business being slow even before Covid, it seems a little much.
The one thing that I don't necessarily like is the owner kept coming off needy on Facebook. He has threatened that the restaurant would close and begged for business. I understand that times are tough, but to ask whine about business being slow even before Covid, it seems a little much.
-
ChadJK
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2504
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm
Re: Sinful Burger (Bellevue)
I went recently (September?) and it was very good. I'm bummed to see they're closing. It's just so out of the way for me that I only make it there about once every 6 months. I just never seem to be near 42nd & Hwy 370 around a meal time.skinzfan23 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:30 am The one thing that I don't necessarily like is the owner kept coming off needy on Facebook. He has threatened that the restaurant would close and begged for business. I understand that times are tough, but to ask whine about business being slow even before Covid, it seems a little much.
I sort of understood his plea back in 2016 when Highway 370 was under construction and he got on social media and asked his customers to please patronize the business during the road work or they'd have to close up. It worked and people came out in droves to support him (I believe it even made the local TV news). Unfortunately, it kicked off a trend for a couple years where it seemed every struggling private restaurant in Bellevue got on social media and essentially begged, "You helped Sinful Burger now help us!" A business only really gets to do that about once ever and they used it up in 2016 (that paired with the fact that nearly every private restaurant is begging for revenue during the pandemic), so it's just not going to reach people like it did that first time.
He's always been a little obsessive. I can remember in the first few years they were open if a customer complained about something on social media or a review site he'd ask what date and time they were there and then go watch the security tapes for that date and time to see what the problem was. I think he was just trying to be a vigilant business owner but I think it weirded people out. Also, he shares a little too much of the ups and downs of owning a restaurant. Your customers don't want to hear about the change in beef prices in the US.
Last edited by ChadJK on Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-
skinzfan23
- City Council
- Posts: 11629
- Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:26 am
- Location: Omaha/Bellevue
Re: Sinful Burgers - Bellevue
Very well written Chad. Those are my thoughts exactly. I am willing to help out a business but when they repeatedly think everything is against them all the time, it gets old. In Sinful Burger's case, there was also a few times recently where they were adamant that they don't use an delivery services. Unfortunately, during Covid, many people have switched to delivery services so they can eat out and not have to go out physically. This is an example of a business not adapting to the changes in the environment very well.
-
TLGJames
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 95
- Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:38 am
- Location: Omaha Metro Area
Re: Sinful Burgers - Bellevue
I feel like this is the main issue. Him posting about beef prices makes sense. Very transparent. He raised the prices and then lowered them when they went back down.skinzfan23 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:26 am Very well written Chad. Those are my thoughts exactly. I am willing to help out a business but when they repeatedly think everything is against them all the time, it gets old. In Sinful Burger's case, there was also a few times recently where they were adamant that they don't use an delivery services. Unfortunately, during Covid, many people have switched to delivery services so they can eat out and not have to go out physically. This is an example of a business not adapting to the changes in the environment very well.
However, no delivery & he only operated the drive-thru for about a month. And I don't think there was even curbside pickup. None of his employees seemed to wear masks the one time I went in and then left.
Also, Sickies opened on cornhusker, and they've been absolutely packed everytime I've drove by. They got the online ordering down pat as well.
-
S.O.Boy
- Human Relations
- Posts: 829
- Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:42 pm
- Location: Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex
-
GrandpaaSmucker
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1879
- Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:09 pm
Re: Sinful Burgers - Bellevue
That was a interesting look.......but I think their premise that the restaurants are hurting this bad because people are broke is pretty much out in left field. The restaurants are hurting mostly because lots of people have enough sense to stay out of them right now while the virus is floating around. The minute the virus goes away the restaurant business will pick up real quick.
-
ChadJK
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2504
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm
Re: Sinful Burger (Bellevue)
I think Sinful Burgers problem is that it seems they've just always been barely profitable and every time there's a downtick in the restaurant industry they're screaming, "Mercy!" Unfortunately for them, this is an extended downtick. They did manage to stick it out 10 years and that's not an easy feat in the world of privately owned restaurants.
Last edited by ChadJK on Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Taco
- Human Relations
- Posts: 514
- Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:34 am
Re: Sinful Burgers - Bellevue
One of the strangest developments of this year for me is how frequently I have found myself agreeing with GrandpaSmucker, who I previously thought was just a troll. What a time to be alive.GrandpaaSmucker wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:13 pmThat was a interesting look.......but I think their premise that the restaurants are hurting this bad because people are broke is pretty much out in left field. The restaurants are hurting mostly because lots of people have enough sense to stay out of them right now while the virus is floating around. The minute the virus goes away the restaurant business will pick up real quick.
-
WBR_Tom
- Home Owners Association
- Posts: 242
- Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:02 pm
- Location: Papillion, Omaha, and Everything in Between
Re: Sinful Burgers - Bellevue
I couldn't agree more. In one Facebook post where he was threatening to close, people were actively making suggestions that might help like offering curbside delivery, or partnering with one or more of the delivery services. His responses were so stubborn -- curbside delivery was just too difficult, delivery services take such a huge cut he would lose money on every order (how does every other place do it?).ChadJK wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:48 amI went recently (September?) and it was very good. I'm bummed to see they're closing. It's just so out of the way for me that I only make it there about once every 6 months. I just never seem to be near 42nd & Hwy 370 around a meal time.skinzfan23 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:30 am The one thing that I don't necessarily like is the owner kept coming off needy on Facebook. He has threatened that the restaurant would close and begged for business. I understand that times are tough, but to ask whine about business being slow even before Covid, it seems a little much.
I sort of understood his plea back in 2016 when Highway 370 was under construction and he got on social media and asked his customers to please patronize the business during the road work or they'd have to close up. It worked and people came out in droves to support him (I believe it even made the local TV news). Unfortunately, it kicked off a trend for a couple years where it seemed every struggling private restaurant in Bellevue got on social media and essentially begged, "You helped Sinful Burger now help us!" A business only really gets to do that about once ever and they used it up in 2016 (that paired with the fact that nearly every private restaurant is begging for revenue during the pandemic), so it's just not going to reach people like it did that first time.
He's always been a little obsessive. I can remember in the first few years they were open if a customer complained about something on social media or a review site he'd ask what date and time they were there and then go watch the security tapes for that date and time to see what the problem was. I think he was just trying to be a vigilant business owner but I think it weirded people out. Also, he shares a little too much of the ups and downs of owning a restaurant. Your customers don't want to hear about the change in beef prices in the US.
On another one, someone suggested it might help if he'd change his business listing on Google to show that the dining room was open (because it was still listed as closed). He said he couldn't figure out how to change it and no one from Google cared to help. My wife has contacts with Google's business team and offered to help for free, and he rebuffed it with a grumpy "meh" kind of reply. It's too bad but at some point you gotta want to help yourself, ya know?
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110959
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Sinful Burgers - Bellevue
Keep in mind they were looking to sell and retire and I believe they had already moved to Arizona at least part time. Frustation I am sure was in part to not being able to find a buyer in this pandemic world. I get that the spin was longer than just the last few months but I am sure it hasn't helped/
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
nebugeater
- City Council
- Posts: 110959
- Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:07 pm
- Location: Gretna NE
Re: Sinful Burgers - Bellevue
I saw a post on Facebook that Sinful Burger was reopening under new ownership/management with the same menu. Can anyone confirm this? A quick google search did not find anything. The post said it could be reopening within a week.
For the record NEBUGEATER does not equal BUGEATER !!!!!!!
-
omaha79
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1635
- Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:46 pm
Re: Sinful Burgers - Bellevue
That is what's happening. I wish them the best as I've always enjoyed Sinful Burger. I believe the new owners will have an uphill climb no matter what.nebugeater wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:24 am I saw a post on Facebook that Sinful Burger was reopening under new ownership/management with the same menu. Can anyone confirm this? A quick google search did not find anything. The post said it could be reopening within a week.
-coming in last minute after everyone had already resigned to the fact the restaurant was closing
-taking over a business that has had a number of issued with viability in the last few years. They've issued multiple pleas for people to come eat at the restaurant, first with the 370 construction that hit their business, then with Covid.
-taking over a new business in the height of the pandemic.
I don't know the background on the new owners. I don't know if they have any experience. They've already posted that the reopening is delayed a few days due to red tape. I just hope they can keep it going and know what they are getting into.
-
GrandpaaSmucker
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1879
- Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:09 pm
Re: Sinful Burgers - Bellevue
omaha79 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:34 amThat is what's happening. I wish them the best as I've always enjoyed Sinful Burger. I believe the new owners will have an uphill climb no matter what.nebugeater wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:24 am I saw a post on Facebook that Sinful Burger was reopening under new ownership/management with the same menu. Can anyone confirm this? A quick google search did not find anything. The post said it could be reopening within a week.
-coming in last minute after everyone had already resigned to the fact the restaurant was closing
-taking over a business that has had a number of issued with viability in the last few years. They've issued multiple pleas for people to come eat at the restaurant, first with the 370 construction that hit their business, then with Covid.
-taking over a new business in the height of the pandemic.
I don't know the background on the new owners. I don't know if they have any experience. They've already posted that the reopening is delayed a few days due to red tape. I just hope they can keep it going and know what they are getting into.
The new owners will have a reasonably good chance of being successful if..........if they are sitting on enough cash to allow them to loose money and still pay the bills for another 8-10 months until the pandemic is in the rear view mirror. Statistically we got a better then 50% chance that the new owners are card holding Trumpster Republicans who think the virus will be gone in a couple of months and everything will be just fine again.
-
ChadJK
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2504
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm
Re: Sinful Burger (Bellevue)
Nice try squeezing in the COVID-related political krap disguised as a reply. Spare us.GrandpaaSmucker wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:09 am Statistically we got a better then 50% chance that the new owners are card holding Trumpster Republicans who think the virus will be gone in a couple of months and everything will be just fine again.
Last edited by ChadJK on Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
GrandpaaSmucker
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1879
- Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:09 pm
Re: Sinful Burgers - Bellevue
Well this is Nebraska and more then half of us including myself are Republicans. I'm just hoping the new owners are not the kind of unrealistic overly optimistic Republicans who think the "V" is going to go away in a month or two and that they have an ample supply of cash to ride out another 8 or 9 months. Sorry!ChadJK wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:18 amNice try squeezing in the COVID-related political krap disguised as a reply. Spare us.GrandpaaSmucker wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:09 am Statistically we got a better then 50% chance that the new owners are card holding Trumpster Republicans who think the virus will be gone in a couple of months and everything will be just fine again.
-
Omaha Cowboy
- The Don
- Posts: 1013719
- Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 5:31 am
- Location: West Omaha
Re: Sinful Burgers - Bellevue
Okay, lol..
You guys got your jabs in. Let’s keep the political talk out of the discussion moving forward..
Thanks!...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
You guys got your jabs in. Let’s keep the political talk out of the discussion moving forward..
Thanks!...
Ciao..LiO...Peace
Go Cowboys!
-
omaha79
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1635
- Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:46 pm
Re: Sinful Burgers - Bellevue
Sinful is supposed to be reopening tonight.
-
zippy
- Library Board
- Posts: 301
- Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:55 pm
- Location: Harvey Oaks
Re: Sinful Burgers (14612 W Center Rd)
Looks like there's a second location of Sinful Burger opening soon at 144th and W Center, by the Family Fare.
-
ChadJK
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2504
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm
Re: Sinful Burgers (144th & Center)
Really? The second owners of the Bellevue location never seemed like they really got things going very well. I tried it a few times after it changed hands it was always a let down. So, I'm surprised they're expanding and not closing. Perhaps I should give it another try soon.
Last edited by ChadJK on Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
-
ChadJK
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2504
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm
Re: Sinful Burgers (144th & Center)
Is it just my perception, or did this place open quietly with little fanfare? It's like they did a soft opening and never had a grand opening. Oddly, there is very little mention of this place on Sinful Burger's social media and their website doesn't even show the address or phone number for it. That's certainly an odd way of doing marketing.zippy wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:24 pm Looks like there's a second location of Sinful Burger opening soon at 144th and W Center, by the Family Fare.
For those who haven't seen it. It opened in October 2022 in the northwest corner of Harvey Oaks Plaza (144th & Center) where Nalini's and Feta's used to be.
Sinful Burger
14544 W Center Rd
Omaha, NE 68144
(531) 999-1983
https://sinfulburger.com
Last edited by ChadJK on Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
-
ita
- County Board
- Posts: 4746
- Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:11 pm
Re: Sinful Burgers (14612 W Center Rd)
This Oakview location seems empty most of the time. I rarely see anyone here and drive by here often.ChadJK wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:11 pmIs it just my perception, or did this place open quietly with little fanfare? It's like they did a soft opening and never had a grand opening. Oddly, there is very little mention of this place on Sinful Burger's social media and their website doesn't even show the address or phone number for it. That's certainly an odd way of doing marketing.zippy wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:24 pm Looks like there's a second location of Sinful Burger opening soon at 144th and W Center, by the Family Fare.
For those who haven't seen it. It opened in October 2002 in the northwest corner of Harvey Oaks Plaza (144th & Center) where Nalini's and Feta's used to be.
Sinful Burger
14544 W Center Rd
Omaha, NE 68144
(531) 999-1983
https://sinfulburger.com
-
omaha79
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1635
- Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:46 pm
Re: Sinful Burgers (14612 W Center Rd)
I'm fairly certain the Bellevue location is close. I drive by it often and I haven't seen lights on for a good couple of weeks and no cars in the lot. There may be a paper sign on the door, but I haven't been motivated enough to divert off of 370 to take a look. It wouldn't shock me if they were gone. There had been no business there since Morans opened next door. Most nights, I'd see 1-2 cars in the lot. They'd thrown some of the electronic casino type games in there as well, I'd heard.
I really liked Sinful about 7 years ago. Under the old owners, the quality started to wane as well, but the new owners didn't do anything once they took over. I'm surprised it held on a couple of years if it's gone.
I'd been meaning to post this for a while now, but just hadn't gotten around to it, thus matching my motivation level on the whole business.
I really liked Sinful about 7 years ago. Under the old owners, the quality started to wane as well, but the new owners didn't do anything once they took over. I'm surprised it held on a couple of years if it's gone.
I'd been meaning to post this for a while now, but just hadn't gotten around to it, thus matching my motivation level on the whole business.
-
ChadJK
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2504
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm
Re: Sinful Burgers (14612 W Center Rd)
I was trying to ascertain if the Bellevue location was permanently closed, so I thought I'd just call and ask. Seems straightforward enough.
I tried calling the Bellevue location a few times and it just rings and goes to generic voicemail.
So, I've tried calling the 144th & Center location a couple of times and some unhelpful lady answers every time. This time she answered again, so I wasn't even going to bother, but I didn't want to hang up on her. So, I just asked her a generic question. Phone skills are a lost art. Here's how it went:
Them: "Hello?"
Me: "Is this Sinful Burger."
Them: "Yes"
Me: "How late are you open?"
Them: "What?"
Me: "How. Late. Are. You. Open."
Them: "Yes."
Me: *click*
Who answers a business phone with "Hello" and then silence? Isn't answering the phone with the business name and, if there a multiple locations, the location like Phone 101? Is this too much to ask: "Sinful Burger, 144th & Center, how can I help you?"
Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that their "business number" is just that lady's cell phone.
I tried calling the Bellevue location a few times and it just rings and goes to generic voicemail.
So, I've tried calling the 144th & Center location a couple of times and some unhelpful lady answers every time. This time she answered again, so I wasn't even going to bother, but I didn't want to hang up on her. So, I just asked her a generic question. Phone skills are a lost art. Here's how it went:
Them: "Hello?"
Me: "Is this Sinful Burger."
Them: "Yes"
Me: "How late are you open?"
Them: "What?"
Me: "How. Late. Are. You. Open."
Them: "Yes."
Me: *click*
Who answers a business phone with "Hello" and then silence? Isn't answering the phone with the business name and, if there a multiple locations, the location like Phone 101? Is this too much to ask: "Sinful Burger, 144th & Center, how can I help you?"
Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that their "business number" is just that lady's cell phone.
-
Padre
- Human Relations
- Posts: 929
- Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 pm
- Location: Omaha
Re: Sinful Burgers (14612 W Center Rd)
You could try texting and see if you get a response that way!ChadJK wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:40 pm I was trying to ascertain if the Bellevue location was permanently closed, so I thought I'd just call and ask. Seems straightforward enough.
I tried calling the Bellevue location a few times and it just rings and goes to generic voicemail.
So, I've tried calling the 144th & Center location a couple of times and some unhelpful lady answers every time. This time she answered again, so I wasn't even going to bother, but I didn't want to hang up on her. So, I just asked her a generic question. Phone skills are a lost art. Here's how it went:
Them: "Hello?"
Me: "Is this Sinful Burger."
Them: "Yes"
Me: "How late are you open?"
Them: "What?"
Me: "How. Late. Are. You. Open."
Them: "Yes."
Me: *click*
Who answers a business phone with "Hello" and then silence? Isn't answering the phone with the business name and, if there a multiple locations, the location like Phone 101? Is this too much to ask: "Sinful Burger, 144th & Center, how can I help you?"
Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that their "business number" is just that lady's cell phone.
-
omaha79
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1635
- Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:46 pm
Re: Sinful Burgers (14612 W Center Rd)
Per the Bellevue 411 Facebook page, the Bellevue location is closed. But again, no real announcement and people had to hunt for the info.ChadJK wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:40 pm I was trying to ascertain if the Bellevue location was permanently closed, so I thought I'd just call and ask. Seems straightforward enough.
I tried calling the Bellevue location a few times and it just rings and goes to generic voicemail.
So, I've tried calling the 144th & Center location a couple of times and some unhelpful lady answers every time. This time she answered again, so I wasn't even going to bother, but I didn't want to hang up on her. So, I just asked her a generic question. Phone skills are a lost art. Here's how it went:
Them: "Hello?"
Me: "Is this Sinful Burger."
Them: "Yes"
Me: "How late are you open?"
Them: "What?"
Me: "How. Late. Are. You. Open."
Them: "Yes."
Me: *click*
Who answers a business phone with "Hello" and then silence? Isn't answering the phone with the business name and, if there a multiple locations, the location like Phone 101? Is this too much to ask: "Sinful Burger, 144th & Center, how can I help you?"
Also, I have a sneaking suspicion that their "business number" is just that lady's cell phone.
Someone said the paper sign on the door just says something to the effect of "location closed, moved to 144th and Center"
Last week, someone posted a screenshot in the thread where they messaged them on Facebook. The Facebook page responded just saying, "We moved to West Center Road Omaha"
Another response in that thread said the rent had gone through the roof at that strip mall in Bellevue, which surprises me as it's not that desirable. But, that's not confirmed either.
-
ChadJK
- Planning Board
- Posts: 2504
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:51 pm
Re: Sinful Burgers (14612 W Center Rd)
I have vicarious embarrassment for how this was handled. Their second location opened very quietly. They closed their original location even more quietly. They haven't updated their website. So, sinfulburger.com still shows Bellevue as their only location. You call and get a hold of unhelpful people. Sometimes I wonder if people are just trying to fail. The new ownership that took over in late-2020 has been a disappointment. Part of me wonders if it quietly sold to a new (3rd) set of owners.
-
omaha79
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1635
- Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:46 pm
Re: Sinful Burgers (14612 W Center Rd)
For a few years, sinful was on my list of best burgers at Omaha. But even under the old owners. I felt like the quality was dipping consistently and I only bothered. Once with these new owners it didn't seem like they had a plan at all. And bad sign when they were bringing in casino games to supplement income. Most nights no more than 1-2 cars there.
-
HskrFanMike
- Parks & Recreation
- Posts: 1321
- Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:40 pm
Re: Sinful Burgers (14612 W Center Rd)
I've been to the Harvey Oaks location twice now... Never busy both times (though they were off hours), but the burgers were really good. Fries were pretty bad, though...
-
nativeomahan
- County Board
- Posts: 6013
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
- Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta
Re: Sinful Burgers (14612 W Center Rd)
How does a restaurant screw up French fries? It’s sort of like screwing up a grilled cheese sandwich or apple sauce.