Rebuilding Pacific Street Bridge (105th-108th)

Trains, Planes, and Automobiles (and Streetcars!).
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036581
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Rebuilding Pacific Street Bridge (105th-108th)

Post by Brad »

Rebuilding Pacific Street Bridge (105th-108th)

I saw in the city council agenda where they are going to rebuild the Pacific Street Bridge near 107th and Pacific. This is long overdue. Right now there are no sidewalks over the bridge, however the is a bike trail on both sides of the creek making it dangerous to switch trails. Do to a lack of sidewalks in that area all the way up to Dodge, crossing the bridge is really important at Pacific.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036581
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

New Pacific Street Bridge - 105 street

Post by Brad »

I thought we had a thread for this but I can't find it.

New Pacific Street Bridge - 105 street

The city is getting ready to re-build the Pacific Street bridge near 105th street. Typical re-build, move everyone to one half while the work on the other half. Looks like its starting soon.
Last edited by Brad on Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 10818
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:52 am
Location: Chicago

Rebuilding Pacific Street Bridge (105th-108th)

Post by iamjacobm »

User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036581
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Rebuilding Pacific Street Bridge (105th-108th)

Post by Brad »

Merged. Thanks
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village

Rebuilding Pacific Street Bridge (105th-108th)

Post by Coyote »

Didn't they work on this bridge like 5 years ago?
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 10818
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:52 am
Location: Chicago

Rebuilding Pacific Street Bridge (105th-108th)

Post by iamjacobm »

Coyote wrote:Didn't they work on this bridge like 5 years ago?
They redid the one over 680. This one over the creek is a crumbling mess though.
User avatar
Coyote
City Council
Posts: 34366
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:18 pm
Yahoo Messenger: jestcoyote
Location: Aksarben Village

Rebuilding Pacific Street Bridge (105th-108th)

Post by Coyote »

iamjacobm wrote:
Coyote wrote:Didn't they work on this bridge like 5 years ago?
They redid the one over 680. This one over the creek is a crumbling mess though.
Oh, that one, thanks.
MadMartin8
Planning Board
Posts: 2958
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:48 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Rebuilding Pacific Street Bridge (105th-108th)

Post by MadMartin8 »

That's the path I travel each day to work, I saw a electronic construction sign warning about lane changes soon...so this must be it.
User avatar
BRoss
IT Director
Posts: 10003386
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:39 am
Location: West Central Omaha

Rebuilding Pacific Street Bridge (105th-108th)

Post by BRoss »

I really wish they would start using that method where they build the bridge elsewhere and then just slip it into place when complete. It makes for a lot less disruption.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036581
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Rebuilding Pacific Street Bridge (105th-108th)

Post by Brad »

Paving the East Bound Lanes early Sunday Morning.

Photo Update:
Image
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
Posts: 6013
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta

Rebuilding Pacific Street Bridge (105th-108th)

Post by nativeomahan »

I drive it every day and the completion of this project can't come fast enough.
MadMartin8
Planning Board
Posts: 2958
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:48 pm
Location: Beyond Thunderdome

Rebuilding Pacific Street Bridge (105th-108th)

Post by MadMartin8 »

nativeomahan wrote:I drive it every day and the completion of this project can't come fast enough.

Same here, I got so annoyed with it that I started driving Center...but now that Center is screwed up due to the Water Main Break at 84th, I went back to driving Pacific
No posts exist for this topic
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 10818
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:52 am
Location: Chicago

Rebuilding Pacific Street Bridge (105th-108th)

Post by iamjacobm »

According to the Mayor's facebook page this project has been completed.
User avatar
Brad
Photographer
Posts: 1036581
Joined: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:03 am
Location: Omaha, NE

Rebuilding Pacific Street Bridge (105th-108th)

Post by Brad »

iamjacobm wrote:According to the Mayor's facebook page this project has been completed.
Yep, its on my "Completed Projects to Photograph" list at work. I am actually heading out there shortly for a daylight shot shortly. Hope to get a night shot sometime this week too.