Workplace Discrimination Ordinance

The Political decisions of Omaha.
User avatar
nativeomahan
County Board
Posts: 6013
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Omaha and Puerto Vallarta

Non-discrimination

Post by nativeomahan »

Non-discrimination 4
The Way it Always Has Been is Go(o)d enough for Me - 3
ricko
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1452
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:54 pm

Workplace Discrimination Ordinance

Post by ricko »

I've been waiting a long time for a reason to open that bottle of '96 Chateau Lafite.



Cheers!
User avatar
Garrett
County Board
Posts: 4698
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: New York City

Workplace Discrimination Ordinance

Post by Garrett »

Its about time. And naturally the world herald does a story about Ron Browns response. He should have to make a statement that he doesn't represent all christians either...
OMA-->CHI-->NYC
User avatar
Big E
City Council
Posts: 8176
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am

Workplace Discrimination Ordinance

Post by Big E »

He should have to make a statement he's an |expletive| hole.

I'd be curious to find out how many recruits NU has lost or gained based on his stances on social issues and constant proselytizing.
Stable genius.
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 10815
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Chicago

Workplace Discrimination Ordinance

Post by iamjacobm »

Big E wrote:He should have to make a statement he's an |expletive| hole.

I'd be curious to find out how many recruits NU has lost or gained based on his stances on social issues and constant proselytizing.
More than a few recruits have said Ron Brown's faith has been a big reason they chose Nebraska.
User avatar
Omababe
Planning Board
Posts: 2467
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am

Workplace Discrimination Ordinance

Post by Omababe »

Does anybody know if the actual text of this ordinance is on line anywhere? (LOL, quite a discussion in the background here about what it really says and means.)
User avatar
S33
County Board
Posts: 4430
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:15 pm

Workplace Discrimination Ordinance

Post by S33 »

Omababe wrote:Does anybody know if the actual text of this ordinance is on line anywhere? (LOL, quite a discussion in the background here about what it really says and means.)
I'm wondering the same. I'd like to know what is being called "controversial" in it.
User avatar
Omababe
Planning Board
Posts: 2467
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am

Workplace Discrimination Ordinance

Post by Omababe »

S33 wrote:I'm wondering the same. I'd like to know what is being called "controversial" in it.
It's very strange that a copy of the actual ordinance is so hard to find!

I guess it's controversial if your personal belief system includes treating members of various socio-sexual minorities as unequal.

Yes, I checked the usual statute repository sites.
User avatar
jessep28
Planning Board
Posts: 2819
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:10 pm
Location: Omaha Metro Area

Workplace Discrimination Ordinance

Post by jessep28 »

I can't find a copy either. The minutes to the meeting can be found here (http://www.cityofomaha.org/cityclerk/ci ... s-a-videos), but all the links to the attachements are broken.
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
User avatar
justnick
Human Relations
Posts: 892
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:47 pm
Location: Downtown

Workplace Discrimination Ordinance

Post by justnick »

They put me on the teevee.
Image

I scared the |expletive| out of Councilwoman Jean uglydresser, she kept pointing and staring. it was hilarious.
User avatar
Big E
City Council
Posts: 8176
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:12 am

Workplace Discrimination Ordinance

Post by Big E »

Omababe wrote:It's very strange that a copy of the actual ordinance is so hard to find!
No it isn't. Religious organizations were given an exemption, so keep on hatin' and not payin' for the birf control in the quiet.

Also Nick:

You weren't put on the teevee. The teevee was put on you!

Image
Stable genius.