Burlington Station

Have an inside scoop? Word on a new retailer or restaurant? Share it here!
Guest

Burlington Station

Post by Guest »

It looked like some type of geotechnical work was being done on the site this morning.
SaveOmaha
Home Owners Association
Posts: 227
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:42 pm

Burlington Station

Post by SaveOmaha »

Sorry for the ignorance, but what is geotechnical work?
User avatar
Omaha_Gabe
Human Relations
Posts: 731
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:22 pm
Location: Midtown Crossings

Burlington Station

Post by Omaha_Gabe »

OmahaJosh618 wrote:Sorry for the ignorance, but what is geotechnical work?
I believe it is the engineering study of the soil/rock and such that would help the study for foundation integrity, etc
Finn
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1387
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:54 pm
Location: DC

Burlington Station

Post by Finn »

Yes, it is the engineering study of the subsurface characteristics to determine bearing pressure of the soil and settlement for the foundation design (slab-on-grade, footings, etc.). It is important because if the soil is inadequate for the preferred construction, more money is spent on footings, columns, slab thickness, caissons (structural support for foundation wall consisting of drilling into bedrock and filling with rebar and concrete), etc. Alternatively, the existing soil could be removed and better soil imported.
ShawJ
Parks & Recreation
Posts: 1573
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:58 pm

Burlington Station

Post by ShawJ »

I wish I had more details, but plans of some sort definitely seem to be in the works for this building involving people you would want to be involved with for this type of building.
nebport5
Planning Board
Posts: 2803
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:13 pm
Location: 68102

Burlington Station

Post by nebport5 »

ShawJ wrote:I wish I had more details, but plans of some sort definitely seem to be in the works for this building involving people you would want to be involved with for this type of building.

Bluestone?
Guest

Burlington Station

Post by Guest »

heard that before..
User avatar
iamjacobm
City Council
Posts: 10813
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Chicago

Burlington Station

Post by iamjacobm »

Bluestone and NuStyle have both been on a roll lately. I would trust either with this property.
Guest

Burlington Station

Post by Guest »

Neither